• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
lvl 30 with Max G-Horn right here.

Haha nice. Of course if we can get 6 before he sells it again, even better. It's just a matter of supplicant control, having enough Defenders so everyone gets the T'sV + 35% buff, and then positioning each member with a clear shot at him. Could even drop the relic for a couple GHs.

Has anyone else been up to the Terminus area before? It's really cool (and 20 bonus grimoire points). Disclaimer: I love this game, easily my GotY. But it's a little shocking how flagrantly they cut finished (or "significantly developed") content for paid DLC. The level/environmental design for this area is as good or better than anything made available on the disc. They just put a wall around the elevator to block access... but didn't build it high enough.

Lucis

I now have every single raid gun in game and almost every exotic gun...
but who ever came up with the shit material collection system really just made me not want to play this game again until 12/9

LordofPwn

Haha nice. Of course if we can get 6 before he sells it again, even better. It's just a matter of supplicant control, having enough Defenders so everyone gets the T'sV + 35% buff, and then positioning each member with a clear shot at him. Could even drop the relic for a couple GHs.

Has anyone else been up to the Terminus area before? It's really cool (and 20 bonus grimoire points). Disclaimer: I love this game, easily my GotY. But it's a little shocking how flagrantly they cut finished (or "significantly developed") content for paid DLC. The level/environmental design for this area is as good or better than anything made available on the disc. They just put a wall around the elevator to block access... but didn't build it high enough.

Been up there, kinda small. grabbed the 3 ghosts (are there more?), still need to get into the kings watch and chamber of night dlc areas and pick up those ghosts (only because the bunker and mars ghosts are glitched for me, and the game wont give me grimoire cards for: motes of light, mars, venus, moon, mercury, and a couple others...

Also surprised they didn't put any ghosts in the VoG.

This is definitely something I want to try at some point.

Nice, good to hear. Speaking of things to try, how would you feel about a hard mode flawless attempt or two someday? Cyborg was up for it, as long as our team was all Lv30s it might not be that much harder (except for stuff like detain shields and fewer 1-shot kills).

Also, if you or anyone else hasn't been to this terminus area you should seriously check it out. I wish a lot more of the game was like this area, has that "Dark Souls world design" feeling to it. I need to learn how to post pictures...

Been up there, kinda small. grabbed the 3 ghosts (are there more?)

Only 3 that I know of for sure. Yeah, it's kinda small but it also has a bunch of platforms all over that you can actually jump to without constantly hitting invisible walls or "Turn Back" areas (of course those are here too). Also, I love how you can see this huge area floating in the sky above the Citadel... and then you actually go there. Reminds me of seeing Duke's Archive way off in the distance, or seeing Lost Izalith from the Tomb of Giants. So good.

No Backup Plans from 2nd Nightfall...

notbad-640x355.jpg

Well The Last Word is definitely my favourite hand cannon. Having TLW, Hawkmoon, The Devil You Know and Fatebringer, it is the best IMO.

The animations, sound, full auto, hip fire perks, etc. just make it a badass weapon overall. Please note I don't play Crucible.

Are there any other hand cannons I should be seeking out now? I am currently doing the Thorn bounty as well.

realcZk

Cømet;138530488 said:
Very true, and in fact more or less the strategy I used as I don't have helm of Saint-14 (or Armamentarium for that matter ;p)- sticky grenade and plenty of bullets. You can't go wrong with either, but unless you luck out on a raid helmet early on I think using Saint-14 and being 30 is better than 29 and double grenades.

I always feel a fool for not buying it when it was in stock :/ Oh well, level 30 now.

I really feel like Titan's have the best exotics in the game in terms of versatility and build-changing factors. Most exotics for other classes are just lame grenade augmentations of some sort.

Deku Tree

Well The Last Word is definitely my favourite hand cannon. Having TLW, Hawkmoon, The Devil You Know and Fatebringer, it is the best IMO.

The animations, sound, full auto, hip fire perks, etc. just make it a badass weapon overall. Please note I don't play Crucible.

Are there any other hand cannons I should be seeking out now? I am currently doing the Thorn bounty as well.

I got TDYK last night from leveling up vanguard rank... Do you think there is any reason to use TDYK once you have a Fatebringer?

Did the hard raid. Smooth sailing uptil Atheon. Had multiple completely smooth portal runs. Went out w/ Times Vengeance DPSd him and were doing like no damage at all (numbers showed up but health bar barely went down). Got him down only 20% health after 3 portal runs. Went to Orbit, restarted, same problem. Always surprised at the new glitches I find during the final boss.

Got some weapon named Hawkmoon from the first gorgon chest though, seems pretty meh. Was thinking of dismantling it.
:p

Shito

Speaking of ghosts, how exactly does one get new ghost shells? Is it even possible yet? All I've seen is the collector's edition one.
I've heard of another one, for which you have to make the game glitch to obtain it at the moment. Probably will be available in one of the two DLCs?

Deku Tree

Did the hard raid. Smooth sailing uptil Atheon. Had multiple completely smooth portal runs. Went out w/ Times Vengeance DPSd him and were doing like no damage at all (numbers showed up but health bar barely went down). Got him down only 20% health after 3 portal runs. Went to Orbit, restarted, same problem. Always surprised at the new glitches I find during the final boss.

Got some weapon named Hawkmoon from the first gorgon chest though, seems pretty meh. Was thinking of dismantling it.
:p

Crazy talk...

Homeboyd

Got an icebreaker! So, u know... 2 energies and weapon parts :/
Yeah at least you got an exotic weapon. I've run probably 15 nightfalls and have never once gotten an exotic weapon drop. I've also never gotten an exotic weapon drop in crucible, from a decrypted engram, or raid drop (or anywhere else, ever). I did get two hard lights from a raid chest after running probably 15 raids, so there's that.

realcZk

No. Unless it has some perk that is exceptional for your build and play style.

I'm pretty interested in DPS comparisions between TDYK and FB.

Vendor TDYK has crowd control which increases your damage output after you get a kill. It has 12 rounds in the clip and more range than FB with Send It. FB has 13 rounds with field scout which you should be using in PvE. FB has Firefly which does great AoE damage for precision kills, and with outlaw it reloads extremely fast.

I think that if you are a very accurate player and the majority of your shots are crits, FB will reward you more than TDYK because of the explosions and fast reload, but if you are an average player, TDYK might have an edge on single target dps?

I'm pretty confident that FB outshines TDYK if you're precise with your aim but I'd love to see the paper dps. I bet its not by that much. For what it's worth, I've been using FB since I got it a few weeks ago and haven't looked back since, but recently used my TDYK again and it wasn't a problem at all.

hydruxo

You've pretty much got all the top-tier HCs. Only other ones that might be worth getting are Red Hand IX (random reward from New Monarchy) and Timur's Lash (Iron Banner).

nowai

It's a great gun, but be aware that "The Last Word" perk is bugged.

Once you enable "The Last Word", you can no longer crit with hipfire. The perk says "Bonus damage and stability. Extra precision damage when firing from the hip.". In reality, not only do you NOT get extra precision damage from hip fire, you can't get ANY precision damage from a hip fire head shot.

It was a huge let down to upgrade the gun and find it was bugged. I have since gone back to Hawkmoon.

Zakalwe

Banned
Nice, good to hear. Speaking of things to try, how would you feel about a hard mode flawless attempt or two someday? Cyborg was up for it, as long as our team was all Lv30s it might not be that much harder (except for stuff like detain shields and fewer 1-shot kills).

Definitely up for it.

I'm pretty interested in DPS comparisions between TDYK and FB.

Vendor TDYK has crowd control which increases your damage output after you get a kill.
It has 12 rounds in the clip and more range than FB with Send It.

FB has Firefly which does great AoE damage for precision kills, and with outlaw it reloads extremely fast.

I think that if you are a very accurate player and the majority of your shots are crits, FB will reward you more than TDYK because of the explosions and fast reload, but if you are an average player, TDYK might have an edge on single target dps?

I'm pretty sure that FB outshines TDYK if you're precise with your aim but I'd love to see the paper dps.

Could be true. But for me, the firefly perk helps me get good. You should be doing everything you can to get crits, and ff lets you know if you are accomplishing that task. Plus arc burn.

Did nightfall last night and I got a Hawkmoon and my buddy got a Devil you may know. Best nightfall so far for us.

Nightfall and loot in general has been amazing for me this week since the reset.

Nightfall
-The Last Word
-Hard Light
-Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter, not a duplicate)

Raid was also amazing (only done on my Level 29 Hunter) and got Fatebringer, 2 raid armour pieces I needed and Timebreaker.

Need to run the raid on my Level 30 Titan tonight with my raid group and then will be looking for a normal raid run with my Level 26 Warlock later this week.

A damn good week!

realcZk

Once you enable "The Last Word", you can no longer crit with hipfire. The perk says "Bonus damage and stability. Extra precision damage when firing from the hip.". In reality, not only do you NOT get extra precision damage from hip fire, you can't get ANY precision damage from a hip fire head shot.

It was a huge let down to upgrade the gun and find it was bugged. I have since gone back to Hawkmoon.

It's also pretty poor for PvE with the low range stat, making it pretty worthless for most PvE encounters which you want to keep some range between you and the enemies/bosses. The damage drops off quite a bit at range.

Great PvP gun though.

You can. I've hip fired with it and have gotten precision damage. Or does it happen less than it's supposed it?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

If you're a collector, other standouts you might want to look into besides Thorn are Timur's Lash, Lord High Fixer, and further down the list Venation III and Red Hand-IX.

realcZk

You can. I've hip fired with it and have gotten precision damage. Or does it happen less than it's supposed it?

It shows as precision damage (yellow font) but doesn't do the amount of precision damage its supposed to, or that you'd expect. Check out the difference between hip crits and ADS crits. Regardless, one should always ADS with TLW when they can.

It shows as precision damage (yellow font) but doesn't do the amount of precision damage its supposed to, or that you'd expect. Check out the difference between hip crits and ADS crits. Regardless, one should always ADS with TLW when they can.

I see. That is disappointing. No wonder hip firing in PVP wasn't that effective at all.

I want to raid today. I have a gorgon checkpoint on hard, but will be willing to do normal fresh. 12:45 est, about an hour from now. Reply in a spot, and post your preference of normal fresh, or hard back half if interested.

1. PrivateWHudson

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I totally agree with you here. Solo'd the Nightfall this morning on my main. Got Bad Seed Down Pulse Rifle. Is it any good?

Gonna run it again with my ALT but in a full party and if it rolls a better reward my confirmation bias will be...confirmed. :p

(Coulda swore I posted this, but GAF says no, so...)

So, ran the Nightfall with my ALT in a full party. Got a Legendary Engram. Took it to Rahool and he turned it into...

2 Energies.

TWO ENERGIES FOR THE NIGHTFALLLLLLLLLL.

WAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom