• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
pvp is fine with me but i might try to level my warlock first. i want another shot at the ballerhorn this week.

What level are you at now? I could help you push through some of those missions if you want. PvP is also a solid way to level up. That's how I got my alt to 20 in about two days.

realcZk

What level are you at now? I could help you push through some of those missions if you want. PvP is also a solid way to level up. That's how I got my alt to 20 in about two days.

13 I think, after bounties and some missions i might do PvP. I hate all my white guns for PvP, the starting AR is fine but its still shitty. Miss my thorn

I want to raid today. I have a gorgon checkpoint on hard, but will be willing to do normal fresh. 12:45 est, about 15 minutes from now. Reply in a spot, and post your preference of normal fresh, or hard back half if interested.

1. PrivateWHudson
2. dante
3. Boguester
4. Mystery gaffer
computerMKII
5.ms1582

For the new page. One spot left.

Dunlop

Wait, your Defender is less tanky than your Sunsinger? Did not know that would be the case. Interesting.

Just an observation, but I definately feel more like a tank with all my Sunsinger damage reduction abilities activated vs doing the same a a defender

Neither feels squishy I just expected the Defender to feel a lot more tank like than a Sunsinger

The flame shield vs force barrier difference is puzzling, one is on hit and the other on kill

Thankfully the former Discipline Priest in my loves the bubble shield :p

SharkJAW

Wow, also got TDYK from a Vanguard care package. It has mulligan (misses return bullets to clip) and clown cartridge (chance to have a bigger clip). Not bad, but I could've gotten a better roll. At least it was free.

8 ass energies for soloing nightfall... Are you kidding me? D:

Edit: wait... Then I thought about it. It's much better than an exotic that I already have or just a random purple. Those only worth 2~3 energies. Now I'm at peace. :)

Yeah exactly. I had to dismantle two of the drops I got from Nightfall and it sucks.

I had the shittiest week with Destiny. 3 Nightfalls and 3 Hard Raid clears and I got absolutely nothing

Excellent work, I was starting to doubt what I'd seen with my own eyes the other day. I think there may be a difference in the accuracy of weapons when ADS that leads people to suspect they're not getting their precision bonus from the hip as the shots get RNGd off centre. I certainly seem to miss more headshots than would seem reasonable from the hip versus ADS

That's always been the case for me but as you said it varies from weapon to weapon. Ive been using the multitool a lot lately and head shots seem far easier from the hip with it than other weapons I've used.

Here you go.

I have a pvp one too if you'd like me to upload that as well. Or you can just test it yourself when you get home.

Excellent work, I was starting to doubt what I'd seen with my own eyes the other day. I think there may be a difference in the accuracy of weapons when ADS that leads people to suspect they're not getting their precision bonus from the hip as the shots get RNGd off centre. I certainly seem to miss more headshots than would seem reasonable from the hip versus ADS

LordofPwn

I'd like to try a flawless raid at some point, but the fear or screwing up and therefore wasting the time of five teammates (and potentially piss them off) would make me overly nervous and actually cause me to screw up.

Its only big deal if you raid with impatient fools. Get to the jumping part, and if one dies, practice that part 12 times, which is what I did.

Yep, good advice here. Just practice the jumps until it feels as safe and reproducible as possible. It's so important for teams to get as many shots at Atheon glitches as possible. Some runs are luckier than others so you never want to miss a chance.

I usually jump directly to the ledge right from the first (or second?) platform, but it's always extremely close. Next time I'm going to try the triple jump, that should make it way easier.

Ambitious: you can't be any worse than me. tried going to the area right to the right, had been successful past 3 weeks, first flawless attempt not worried at all, and i miss it. The Doc showed me how to do the spiral after that. Next attempt i'm nervous now, try the spiral, mess up the order, die. people had to get going. practiced for like 20 minutes, did a normal raid with a titan and did it fine, practice some more with a warlock before next flawless attempt. Next time we are at jumping puzzle i get knocked off the ledge and die.

Now i could have given up at this point, and despite being so nervous my body was shaking i did it just fine on the next attempt, and then we got flawless trophies.

Here's the last part of that. Also a clinic on how to do the spiral. way way way safer once you learn it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEn113Ydq8c

Work doodles.

Name dem guns.

zNNdqb3.jpg

Interesting: apparently they only block the reloading function by forcing the ice breaker to never have reserve ammo.
Once you manage to break this rule (apparently you can by switching a weapon back and forth very quickly, resulting in the sum of the two weapons' ammos), you then become able to reload the ice breaker.
Funny little dev insight, here. :)

yup, seeing the Ice Breaker actually having a reload animation is pretty cool. Kind of want to try this myself.

Hung Wei Lo

I'm convinced the loot system issued to your level. Nothing awesome for my lvl 30 (did get the venation iii hand canon with decent perks, but it's lacking in range and clip size) my 27 alt has been at least getting exotics

Mupod

I have a scout rifle that gets more accurate when crouched - when I crouch, the reticule looks like it'd be 100% accurate. But it isn't, shots go slightly wide sometimes. It still sorta works though, if for some reason I want to shoot and keep my radar up.

i just ran through the nightfall solo with fatebringer, time & patience and steel oracle with cluster perk. needless to say that was easy!

got a freaking scout rifle, on my lock got sunbreakers, which i bout 3 weeks ago.

really?

Mupod

If I can get my Hunter to 25 tonight, hoping someone can carry me through NF and see what drops I get!

well if there's nice people soloing it maybe I can get in on that later tonight. It'll be a while before I'm in any shape to run it normally.

Soooooo I think I'm mostly done with Destiny for the moment. With all the new games out, being generally uninterested in anything but Raid or Weeklies now that I'm 29, and being unable to get over the slog of trying to level an alt, I'm going to put it on hiatus to focus on other games. I'll definitely be back for any decent events (Iron Banner for sure) and the expansion though, and if I ever get a random invite to Raid or Weeklies that align with my schedule I'll be in. Till then...See Ya Space Cowboys.

Hit me up on MCC

Sullichin

Sucks only having one character and getting nothing good from nightfall / raid. Really don't want to level my alt just for a chance at drops I'd give my other character, but I guess that's how it goes.

And yeah I feel like I'll be at 29 forever. I do the raid once a week with mostly random people...

Ambitious

Ambitious: you can't be any worse than me. tried going to the area right to the right, had been successful past 3 weeks, first flawless attempt not worried at all, and i miss it. The Doc showed me how to do the spiral after that. Next attempt i'm nervous now, try the spiral, mess up the order, die. people had to get going. practiced for like 20 minutes, did a normal raid with a titan and did it fine, practice some more with a warlock before next flawless attempt. Next time we are at jumping puzzle i get knocked off the ledge and die.

Now i could have given up at this point, and despite being so nervous my body was shaking i did it just fine on the next attempt, and then we got flawless trophies.

Here's the last part of that. Also a clinic on how to do the spiral. way way way safer once you learn it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEn113Ydq8c

I will probably do the raid on Friday. I'm going to try a few things. Making sure I'm ready for flawless.
The other parts should be pretty easy*, right? I'm level 30. I haven't done the normal raid since I hit level 29 back then.

* Except for Atheon, because of the glitches.

Welcome to the #Forever 29 club.

Sucks only having one character and getting nothing good from nightfall / raid. Really don't want to level my alt just for a chance at drops I'd give my other character, but I guess that's how it goes.

And yeah I feel like I'll be at 29 forever. I do the raid once a week with mostly random people...

I gotta vent... It's been over four weeks stuck at level 29. RNG is making progression very difficult. Gotta wait till next week I guess.

Yep, 29 is a bitch. Where the hell is my chestpiece? All I need...

SharkJAW

So I pulled Thorn out of the vault to play around with and it is oddly satisfying. It probably has to do with the sound it makes and the super small clip. I think I'll level this up to the DoT effect and see how it fares in PvP. I feel it has potential to be good, but not better than my Last Word.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
5 strange coins as a Nightfall reward...

I think that about wraps it up for me and Destiny. Until the next game, friends.

SharkJAW

5 strange coins as a Nightfall reward...

I think that about wraps it up for me and Destiny. Until the next game, friends.
Lol, this was pretty much my reaction when the same happened to me. The only thing that saved me was having two other characters to increase my odds of getting something that wasn't completely shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom