• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickman

"Huh, Arc Burn nightfall, huh? Lemme check out my gear in the app.."

Maxxed Steel Oracle arc dmg rocket launcher

Maxxed Sammuramat-C arc dmg sniper

Maxxed Shadow Price

fap-timing-fuck-yea_medium.jpg

WITHE1982

Nope, have been rewarded with 5 coins TWICE in previous runs. 7 was just this week's reward.

Dayum *immediately hands over the award.

I've yet to drop a single exotic from a nightfall. Has a bunch of legendarys, ass shards and coins only. So far I've only held onto 1 weapon from it. I'm starting to think there's no point i running it anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW8NJ-DVnE8

I have 100% experienced the exact same result. I have yet to crit while hip firing after the upgrade. Even point blank.

Yeah will definitely check it out now, although I do remember that I last noticed precision damage before The Last Word perk. Never noticed it afterwards but that would make sense in how bad it is in PVP hip firing.

Anyway, I now have Thorn, The Last Word, Lord High Fixer, The Devil You Know, Fatebringer and the newly acquired Hawkmoon. Pretty good collection of HCs along with all current exotic HCs.

Dante316

I want to raid today. I have a gorgon checkpoint on hard, but will be willing to do normal fresh. 12:45 est, about an hour from now. Reply in a spot, and post your preference of normal fresh, or hard back half if interested.

1. PrivateWHudson
2 . Dante316

hard raid for me.

I want to raid today. I have a gorgon checkpoint on hard, but will be willing to do normal fresh. 12:45 est, about an hour from now. Reply in a spot, and post your preference of normal fresh, or hard back half if interested.

1. PrivateWHudson
2. DrDrizzay101 (Boguester)

Normal fresh preferred. My friend is having some family issues and had to move so he can't use his PS4 for a while. I'm going to try to log in to his PSN account to run the raid on his character. Does that even work? If not I can still help run it with my character if you need people.

Edit: Terminus is fucking amazing. Holy shit I wish the entire game was like this area. I'm jumping all over the place, platforms spread out in every direction, there's a river of white molten energy flowing below me somewhere... it's crazy.

Anyone interested in doing a Normal Mode Raid later tonight?

I am running the Hard Mode Raid with my Level 30 Titan with my raid group at 10pm EST. So possibly after that? (there are no spots for that one FYI).

Looking to do the normal raid on my Level 26 Warlock.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Add me and check in around 11:30pm EST.

You can. I've hip fired with it and have gotten precision damage. Or does it happen less than it's supposed it?

Can confirm this, when I can restrain myself from fanning that trigger like a mad thing I most certainly do get massive crit damage from the hip.

It shows as precision damage (yellow font) but doesn't do the amount of precision damage its supposed to, or that you'd expect. Check out the difference between hip crits and ADS crits. Regardless, one should always ADS with TLW when they can.

Strange when I've ADS'd Knights I get ~1200ish but then hip fired I get like 1500ish, hmm will investigate again this evening (I reckon the pair of knights at the bottom of the hill on the moon will be a good spot to test).

LordofPwn

Speaking of things to try, how would you feel about a hard mode flawless attempt or two someday? Cyborg was up for it, as long as our team was all Lv30s it might not be that much harder (except for stuff like detain shields and fewer 1-shot kills).

I'd be down for doing a hard flawless as soon as i can clear oracles on hard without needing to wipe after confluxes. My teams have never attempted such a thing.

Can confirm this, when I can restrain myself from fanning that trigger like a mad thing I most certainly do get massive crit damage from the hip.

Strange when I've ADS'd Knights I get ~1200ish but then hip fired I get like 1500ish, hmm will investigate again this evening (I reckon the pair of knights at the bottom of the hill on the moon will be a good spot to test).

Apparently it only happens after getting the unique upgrade "The Last Word" if you get it you stop getting crit damage. Have you noticed no more crits after acquiring that perk?

edit: ADS crits and hip fire crits are the same when hip fire crits are supposed to do more damage but they don't.

hard raid for me.

Normal fresh preferred. My friend is having some family issues and had to move so he can't use his PS4 for a while. I'm going to try to log in to his PSN account to run the raid on his character. Does that even work? If not I can still help run it with my character if you need people.

Edit: Terminus is fucking amazing. Holy shit I wish the entire game was like this area. I'm jumping all over the place, platforms spread out in every direction, there's a river of white molten energy flowing below me somewhere... it's crazy.

We can sort it out "in party". I'm not even opposed to blowing through normal in 50 minutes for a warm up, then getting some hard on.

nowai

Yeah will definitely check it out now, although I do remember that I last noticed precision damage before The Last Word perk. Never noticed it afterwards but that would make sense in how bad it is in PVP hip firing.

Anyway, I now have Thorn, The Last Word, Lord High Fixer, The Devil You Know, Fatebringer and the newly acquired Hawkmoon. Pretty good collection of HCs along with all current exotic HCs.

I have had it crit all of once when hipfiring.

Here is the reddit thread. http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ast_words_hipfire_precision_damage_is_bugged/

I also adore Fatebringer and Hawkmoon, but I was hands down the MOST excited when I got LTW because it's a different type of hand cannon.

All the others are great, but standard. LTW is special, but the bugged inconsistencies make it vault fodder for me now. When Hawkmoon procs and I drop someone in two headshots from snipe distance, I smile.

Hell, I even use Thorn on my Gunslinger more than TLW for PvP. Body shot + head shot = death from DoT if they try and run.

Zakalwe

Banned
It's a great gun, but be aware that "The Last Word" perk is bugged.

Once you enable "The Last Word", you can no longer crit with hipfire. The perk says "Bonus damage and stability. Extra precision damage when firing from the hip.". In reality, not only do you NOT get extra precision damage from hip fire, you can't get ANY precision damage from a hip fire head shot.

It was a huge let down to upgrade the gun and find it was bugged. I have since gone back to Hawkmoon.

I just tested it and I'm getting yellow text damage from hipfire headshots with TLW.

Fully upgraded.

phen0m24

Interesting new "feature" we ran into last night - after killing the templar, we were looting the spirit bloom chest and 3 members of our group got magically marked for negation. Obviously they never got killed as the templar was dead, but it did make navigating to the next chest a bit of a pain.

Anyone had this happen to them before?

Very first raid. I was trying to follow Hawkian or Jay and the whole screen was green. Loads of fun. Hehe

SkylineRKR

So I found this Light/Beware with Solar in a blue engram. I thought 'well crap, already got one with Arc'. But then I saw its upgrades and saw Accelerated Coils... On top of the already very fast L/B? I guess I'm not going to shard this one?

gdt

Ooh just got a legendary warlock gauntlet, to go with my warlock boots and heart of Praxic Fire in the vault. Soon enough, I'll make a warlock and power level that mofo to 26 :).

1. PrivateWHudson
2. dante
3. Boguester
4. Mystery gaffer
computerMKII

Apparently it only happens after getting the unique upgrade "The Last Word" if you get it you stop getting crit damage. Have you noticed no more crits after acquiring that perk?

I'm 16 helium shy of a fully upgraded TLW at the moment (goddammit bungie let me use marks for mats) and I was astonished at the damage from the hip after the TLW upgrade. I'm unsure simply because I want to be certain that there were no other factors like range involved in my testing, I'll double check and post this evening but I won't be online until ~10ish CET

nowai

I just tested it and I'm getting yellow text damage from hipfire headshots with TLW.

Fully upgraded.

...iwannaseethereceipts.gif

Also, if I take you at your word, are you seeing an INCREASED crit damage while hip firing or the same as an ADS crit? Are you getting precision damage on every hip fire headshot?

Again, a video would be nice...not that I don't believe you... but I totally don't believe you.

This is something I would love to eat crow on, because I love the gun, but I have personally experienced the bug.

I have had it crit all of once when hipfiring.

Here is the reddit thread. http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ast_words_hipfire_precision_damage_is_bugged/

I also adore Fatebringer and Hawkmoon, but I was hands down the MOST excited when I got LTW because it's a different type of hand cannon.

All the others are great, but standard. LTW is special, but the bugged inconsistencies make it vault fodder for me now. When Hawkmoon procs and I drop someone in two headshots from snipe distance, I smile.

Hell, I even use Thorn on my Gunslinger more than TLW for PvP. Body shot + head shot = death from DoT if they try and run.

According to the thread, hip fire and precision damage seems to be an issue with other guns as well not just The Last Word.

Ambitious

I'd like to try a flawless raid at some point, but the fear or screwing up and therefore wasting the time of five teammates (and potentially piss them off) would make me overly nervous and actually cause me to screw up.

Just got Vanation III from the Weekly Heroic...I never get good primaries ;_;

Check the perks. I like mine. I can't tell much of a difference between it and my TDYK, except it has more stability due to the perfect balance perk, and 8 rounds instead of 12 hasn't effected me much due to my playstyle. I leave it on my Hunter and its my go to when I feel like using a HC, instead of getting TDYK out of the vault all the time. Might even have some use for mine in PvP, but that'll be a while before I mess with it.

Zakalwe

Banned
...iwannaseethereceipts.gif

Also, if I take you at your word, are you seeing an INCREASED crit damage while hip firing or the same as an ADS crit? Are you getting precision damage on every hip fire headshot?

Again, a video would be nice...not that I don't believe you... but I totally don't believe you.

This is something I would love to eat crow on, because I love the gun, but I have personally experienced the bug.

Uploading some images now. Will work on a video.

It's absolutely 100% consistent so far, too.

Dante316

I'd like to try a flawless raid at some point, but the fear or screwing up and therefore wasting the time of five teammates (and potentially piss them off) would make me overly nervous and actually cause me to screw up.

Its only big deal if you raid with impatient fools. Get to the jumping part, and if one dies, practice that part 12 times, which is what I did.

I'll check it out. I might start hitting one with each character every day if there's a still a chance to roll coins and motes.

Well, there was always a chance to get one of the four: Ascendant Energy, Ascendant Shard, Strange Coin, or Mote of Light. He was asking if there was a change to how these rewards were given because he got 2 materials on consecutive Public Events. I just did one on Venus (this is on a character that completed the Nightfall) and only received a single item in the Postmaster's package, a Mote of Light, so this hasn't changed.
I've gone to different planets to do PE's and get ascendant mats on several occasions, but it's definitely not a guarantee. PE's are one of the most fun aspects of tooling around looking for materials, I wish Bungie would make them more appealing for folks to do more often.

Ugh, I am lacking in Arc weapons other than the Epitath.
That should be good enough, just purchase a bunch of ammo packs. Maybe take a nice void heavy for the Minotaurs while you wait for Dinklebot to open the doors. Hiding underneath the deck on the boss level is the best way to do it solo.

I want to raid today. I have a gorgon checkpoint on hard, but will be willing to do normal fresh. 12:45 est, about an hour from now. Reply in a spot, and post your preference of normal fresh, or hard back half if interested..

I should also mention that hard raid is fine if that's what everyone else wants to do.

Its only big deal if you raid with impatient fools. Get to the jumping part, and if one dies, practice that part 12 times, which is what I did.

Yep, good advice here. Just practice the jumps until it feels as safe and reproducible as possible. It's so important for teams to get as many shots at Atheon glitches as possible. Some runs are luckier than others so you never want to miss a chance.

Hehe, well it's only making the raid harder so they might leave it as is, working as intended right?

Apparently EVERYTHING is working as intended in this game. Nothing is actually wrong with the game. Think of everything as more of an opportunity for Bungie rather than a fault.

*sluuuuurrrrrrp*

Also, what are we getting up to tonight? I wouldn't mind a little PvP action. I'd also like to rip through a normal raid to see if I can land the raid chest piece and maybe a little VoC action.

Dante316

1. PrivateWHudson
2. dante
3. Boguester
4. Mystery gaffer
computerMKII
5.ms1582

his prefrence is hard, but can do normal.

Ambitious

I usually jump directly to the ledge right from the first (or second?) platform, but it's always extremely close. Next time I'm going to try the triple jump, that should make it way easier.

Greenymac

I got TDYK last night from leveling up vanguard rank... Do you think there is any reason to use TDYK once you have a Fatebringer?

TDYK was my baby and I had to FORCE myself to stop using it to level other things. For real...its pretty damn good. Save it for another character...

realcZk

Apparently EVERYTHING is working as intended in this game. Nothing is actually wrong with the game. Think of everything as more of an opportunity for Bungie rather than a fault.

*sluuuuurrrrrrp*

Also, what are we getting up to tonight? I wouldn't mind a little PvP action. I'd also like to rip through a normal raid to see if I can land the raid chest piece and maybe a little VoC action.

pvp is fine with me but i might try to level my warlock first. i want another shot at the ballerhorn this week.

Shito

Interesting: apparently they only block the reloading function by forcing the ice breaker to never have reserve ammo.
Once you manage to break this rule (apparently you can by switching a weapon back and forth very quickly, resulting in the sum of the two weapons' ammos), you then become able to reload the ice breaker.
Funny little dev insight, here. :)

Nursezero

I gotta vent... It's been over four weeks stuck at level 29. RNG is making progression very difficult. Gotta wait till next week I guess.

Interesting: apparently they only block the reloading function by forcing the ice breaker to never have reserve ammo.
Once you manage to break this rule (apparently you can by switching a weapon back and forth very quickly, resulting in the sum of the two weapons' ammos), you then become able to reload the ice breaker.
Funny little dev insight, here. :)

Whoa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom