• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

So I pulled Thorn out of the vault to play around with and it is oddly satisfying. It probably has to do with the sound it makes and the super small clip. I think I'll level this up to the DoT effect and see how it fares in PvP. I feel it has potential to be good, but not better than my Last Word.
Not the same weapon without the DOT. I'm jealous of your Last Word but Thorn is also one of the best PVP hand cannons once you get mark of devourer.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Running a nightfall solo currently. Level 29 Warlock. More than halfway through, folks are welcome to join. I will be cheesing the boss under thr platform, and I can't use a mic right now so be aware.

Psn: OldKingKratos

When I get my Boots, I'm gonna dismantle that shit. I dont want to be 30 anymore
7qDuJEc.jpg

Nice, fight the power, same with when I get my chestpiece

But not really

Jito

Banned
Just got the 18327496 etc. shader from a Cryptarch reward package, looks cooler than the Chatterwhite so I've moved on already haha. Also what's with motes of light, the description at the Speaker says you get them for "earning XP after level 20" yet the only time I get them is from random drops, is the description a lie?

Maledict

Apparently it only happens after getting the unique upgrade "The Last Word" if you get it you stop getting crit damage. Have you noticed no more crits after acquiring that perk?

edit: ADS crits and hip fire crits are the same when hip fire crits are supposed to do more damage but they don't.

Just to add - you absolutely do get extra damage from hip fire crits with The Last Word once maxed, and it's a substantial increase. 434 for an aimed crit, 574 for a hip fire crit on low level vandals for example.

However, I do think it's bugged in that it becomes far, far harder to *get* hip fire crits once you obtain The Last Word perk. It's as if the accuracy on the gun substantially goes down, or it shrinks the crit area on mobs or something, because there was a night and day difference for me once I took that upgrade, it's practically impossible to get a hip fire crit on a dreg for example now - whereas I could when the gun was not upgraded, and still can easily using TDYK hip firing.

Just got the 18327496 etc. shader from a Cryptarch reward package, looks cooler than the Chatterwhite so I've moved on already haha Also what's with motes of light, the description at the Speaker says you get them for "earning XP after level 20" yet the only time I get them is from random drops, is the description a lie?

Cursor over Level 20 on your character page and you can see XP to next mote. It's not clear, but you get a mote each time you would have leveled.

And you also get them from decrypting blue engrams.

Just got the 18327496 etc. shader from a Cryptarch reward package, looks cooler than the Chatterwhite so I've moved on already haha. Also what's with motes of light, the description at the Speaker says you get them for "earning XP after level 20" yet the only time I get them is from random drops, is the description a lie?

I think the mote of light pops up like a random drop after you earn it. I've seen them pop up after killing a dreg or twenty

Finally completed my first raid yesterday (normal mode). Didn't get any raid gear but did get a ton of ass shards and energy...oh and motherfucking Gjallarhorn dropped from a raid chest! AWESOME.

Nah, you still earn XP after getting to 20, you just never know how close you are to the next 'level' at any given time. If you get a mote of light, you probably earned enough XP to get it.

Bizazedo

Honestly, ghost shells, weapon, sparrow, armor shaders, ship plans, ect should have been micro transactions to support $10 DLC instead of $20 DLC.
Yeah, I am stunned they did not do this.

You can. I've hip fired with it and have gotten precision damage. Or does it happen less than it's supposed it?

It shows as precision damage (yellow font) but doesn't do the amount of precision damage its supposed to, or that you'd expect. Check out the difference between hip crits and ADS crits. Regardless, one should always ADS with TLW when they can.

I have two TLW's now, one almost fully upgraded and the other brand spanking new. Have we reached a consensus on this, yet? :).

got a god of war shader from cryptarch rank up, that junk is fire.

Level 50 Cryptarch, no God of War shaders. Two Substance 321's, which I like, though.

Bizazedo

Cursor over Level 20 on your character page and you can see XP to next mote. It's not clear, but you get a mote each time you would have leveled.

And you also get them from decrypting blue engrams.

What Epyon said. You can always know if you're about to get a mote if that is something that concerns you. That being said, it comes so regularly if you play a lot you get numb to it after awhile.

hydruxo

Do you guys think that Destiny will have a real expansion before Destiny 2 comes out?

Hope so. Destiny 2 probably won't come until Fall 2016, so if they plan on doing more expansions after House of Wolves then they better be way more substantial to keep people playing for the long haul. New explorable areas/planets or bust.

Nah, you still earn XP after getting to 20, you just never know how close you are to the next 'level' at any given time. If you get a mote of light, you probably earned enough XP to get it.
Actually, if you go to your gear screen and hover over your level 20, it will show you a bar of how much XP you need before you get to your next mote of light.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch! Page moves too fast!

Wow! An unexpected addition to my hand cannon collection: Lord High Fixer. Perk 1 = damage improves stability, perk 2= chance for missed bullets to the mag...but the coolest perk is the explosive rounds at the end of the second perk row. Will level this badboy up after I'm done with my new TLW.:D

My hunter currently wields:
Hawkmoon
The Last Word
Thorn
The Devil You Know
Lord High Fixer

Awww yeah.

Hope so. Destiny 2 probably won't come until Fall 2016, so if they plan on doing more expansions after House of Wolves then they better be way more substantial to keep people playing for the long haul. New explorable areas/planets or bust.
Original rumors pointed to some kind of massive expansion, probably being sold as a full priced game, next fall and then 2016 for Destiny 2.

Actually, if you go to your gear screen and hover over your level 20, it will show you a bar of how much XP you need before you get to your next mote of light.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch! Page moves too fast!

You know, I knew that. It just slipped my mind for some reason.

Running a nightfall solo currently. Level 29 Warlock. More than halfway through, folks are welcome to join. I will be cheesing the boss under thr platform, and I can't use a mic right now so be aware.

Psn: OldKingKratos

Sorry about the late joining for loot.

We are 3 people doing a fresh normal raid run. Need 3 more players.

PSN: Darth_Ghandi

1. warlock
2. defender titan
3. warlock
4. Doomshroom

For those stuck at 29, I feel ya, it took my 5th raid to get my 1st armour piece. Then suddenly the week after I got 2 more and just filled in the 4th with an exotic.

It can happen that quickly!

I think Bungie will be changing how you get gear in The Dark Below, as they have stated that you can "earn light" through Eris, the new vendor/story mission/etc. person.

So it is likely that you can earn the gear to get to 32 via bounties, missions, quests, etc. instead of random RNG. Similar to how the Queen's Wrath and Iron Banner worked. Plus Iron Banner will be a new way to get to 30 as well, I just don't play Crucible so I won't care about IB.

Zakalwe

Banned
Wow! An unexpected addition to my hand cannon collection: Lord High Fixer. Perk 1 = damage improves stability, perk 2= chance for missed bullets to the mag...but the coolest perk is the explosive rounds at the end of the second perk row. Will level this badboy up after I'm done with my new TLW.:D

My hunter currently wields:
Hawkmoon
The Last Word
Thorn
The Devil You Know
Lord High Fixer

Awww yeah.

Explosive rounds are /ok/.

You can troll people in pvp by disrupting their aim, but you can't crit. They're not that great imo.

If you put the cursor to where it says "level 20" you'll see a blue bar that fills up and tells you how close you are to getting a mote of light. It's on the left side.

Lol, this was pretty much my reaction when the same happened to me. The only thing that saved me was having two other characters to increase my odds of getting something that wasn't completely shit.

Same. I got really tired of only having one chance at the Nightfall (and weekly heroic) and getting bullshit like 9 Coins so I made a Titan in addition to my Warlock to get two cracks at it. I really only use my Titan for that.

One day I might make a Hunter so I can have 3 chances, but that 1-20 leveling is something I never want to do again. I did it all through PvP last time and I love the Crucible and that shit was still unbearable.

Zakalwe

Banned
You can still crit, it's just way harder.

You can? For full crit damage or half?

Will have to test.

Edit: Can't test, dismantled my guns with the perk.

Can anyone here make a video please? Show explosive damage, explosive crit damage, normal body shot, headshot.

You can troll people in pvp by disrupting their aim, but you can't crit. They're not that great imo.

I'm almost certain you can still crit. I pretty much exclusively use Fatebringer with explosive rounds in PvP, and I'm sure I've still got crit shots with it.

Edit: Hmm haven't tested the amount.

I have a scout rifle with explosive rounds that also has firefly (precision kills cause target to explode) and I have to take off explosive rounds to get the firefly to work. *sad face*

deadlast

Will Bungie ever add more functionality to the web/mobile app? I would love to be able to turn in and collect new bounties on the app.

LiK

Will Bungie ever add more functionality to the web/mobile app? I would love to be able to turn in and collect new bounties on the app.

Yea, if we could equip gear on it, I wish we could also turn in bounties and decrypt engrams with it. Save SO much time.

phen0m24

Heh, thought that video would have ended with something happening. I bet there is a lot you could explore with the relic though.
Yeah, more style than substance. But it was neat that he made it back to the maze alive and the whole cleansing thing didn't pan out all that well. True

I have a scout rifle with explosive rounds that also has firefly (precision kills cause target to explode) and I have to take off explosive rounds to get the firefly to work. *sad face*

I've definitely had targets explode while still using explosive rounds on my Fatebringer. It might be harder idk, haven't really tried it without.

Deku Tree

The most recent mobile update actually gave us reduced functionality by moving the vault to the tower map and proving less vault into so IDK.

Out 1

For those stuck at 29, I feel ya, it took my 5th raid to get my 1st armour piece. Then suddenly the week after I got 2 more and just filled in the 4th with an exotic.

It can happen that quickly!

This makes me hopeful as I just got my 1st raid gear during my 5th normal run on this character. I can't even be mad as the raid have given me almost all raid weapon drops and a Hawkmoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom