• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

40.Archon stuck is cell.

A) Push off cliff

B) Call Queen to reclaim him

C) Release him and lose guardians trying to kill him
Good bug report.

Happy to see the class item faction drops getting attention.

Sullichin

I got a red/yellow one yesterday called "the undercity" I thought I kinda looked like Ronald McDonald in it.

http://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Undercity doesnt do a good job showing the red or yellow but it is a bit brighter than the link shows. I got it from rahool.

I got this from Rahool as well. My cryptarch is like rank 60 and I didn't get it until recently. Anyone know if there's Rahool-exclusive drops or is this just a coincidence?

LiK

The RNG is something else. My Rahool is level 28 and I've gotten the God of War shader 3 or 4 times now.

I'm leveling Dead Orbit until I get that sexy ass black shader.

Fucking annoys me that we don't get a single shader for reaching Rank 3. Making Shaders completely random is asinine.

This makes me hopeful as I just got my 1st raid gear during my 5th normal run on this character. I can't even be mad as the raid have given me almost all raid weapon drops and a Hawkmoon.

That's damn good!

I didn't get anything but mats those first 5 times, except VoC.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just got Vanation III from the Weekly Heroic...I never get good primaries ;_;
Nightfall, and you just did get a good primary. What perks does it have?
Just an observation, but I definately feel more like a tank with all my Sunsinger damage reduction abilities activated vs doing the same a a defender
Fully defensive specced Sunsingers are than a balanced Defender, but a fully offensive Sunsinger is less tanky than any spec defender.
Neither feels squishy I just expected the Defender to feel a lot more tank like than a Sunsinger

The flame shield vs force barrier difference is puzzling, one is on hit and the other on kill
Well, Flame Shield is a choice to modify the Sunsinger melee Scorch (often the best one, but you can't use it along with the other options at all), whereas Disintegrate/Force Barrier is the Defender melee attack itself, which you can then modify in some pretty good ways. War Machine is the best weapon handling modifier in the game, Gift of Light is crazy for orb generation if you're getting melee kills, and Unbreakable makes you decidedly tankier than even a Flame Shielded/Radiant Skin Sunsinger. Of course some would say Fireborn is the ultimate tank skill and nobody else has that.

If Force Barrier activated on hit, my opinion is that Defenders would instantly become the best class by a substantive margin. As is, Force Barrier and its modifiers are still pretty amazing, but you have to gauge your ability to actually kill with a melee hit rather than just scoring one, while Flame Shield is only ever Flame Shield, so it's a far trade.

Bizazedo

Why isn't there a red and black shader? -_-

They're saving it for next years Call of Duty promo.

Speaking of, MMO's have websites with everything shown, source, loot, etc. I know we can't use an add-on to help accumulate the data, but has anyone pulled that off yet in terms of loot like shaders / etc?

LiK

The Guardian Outfitter is one of the most useless vendors. A really nice reminder that Bungie can't even fix a simple stock refresh for shaders.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Running Nightfall with my alt, a Level 29 Titan. People are welcome to join. Strategy is cheesing boss by hiding under platform. I have no Mic.

Psn: OldKingKratos

Deku Tree

I got a dropped TDYK that contains the "life support" and "zen moment" perks.

Life support sounds very good if it actually has a noticeable effect when you are playing.

Jito

Banned
Thanks guys, I had no idea about the bar displaying how close I am to my next Mote, the only reason I'm curious is I'm one away from 25 and getting a sweet Titan mark from the Speaker.

LordofPwn

You can? For full crit damage or half?

Will have to test.

Edit: Can't test, dismantled my guns with the perk.

Can anyone here make a video please? Show explosive damage, explosive crit damage, normal body shot, headshot.

I'll try it tonight with my fatebringer.

I want to create a new class. I have only played as warlock (3 of them) but I want to explore other classes.

Titan or Hunter? I need help with this

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Just had the minotaur from the mars public event glitch from checkpoint 1 straight to 4. Smh. So many dumb glitches in this game.

ocean

Banned
This game really takes randomness to another level. The left Gorgon maze chest gave me Monte Carlo, which I had no interest in except for Exotic collecting (although I'll admit it looks beautiful). I kill Atheon and he drops.... Monte Carlo again. Gotta love it haha,

You can? For full crit damage or half?

Will have to test.

Edit: Can't test, dismantled my guns with the perk.

Can anyone here make a video please? Show explosive damage, explosive crit damage, normal body shot, headshot.
I just tried this and I was getting 211 with a 53 splash damage versus 316 without explosive rounds. I'm guessing there's another 53 I'm not seeing which just about levels it out.

NastyBook

Hahaha two Cuirass of the Hezen Lords and one set of Gloves. The two Cuirasses means I can scrap my low level legendary gear that had extra ammo for Hand Cannons and Auto rifles, respectively. Everybody should be high level 29s by the end of the week. Fingers crossed my Titan gets legs and or gauntlets this week.

Titan all the way.

Titan man, get ready to punch shit in the face!

I think this might have convinced me

Hunter. You know it's the right choice.

The Huntan. Really good mix.

Titan started strong but now its 2-2. Thanks for the replies :)

What makes this decision difficult is that I have armor for both classes. I have Saint-14 for titan which is awesome for defenders and I have symbiotic helmet for gunslinger. I love hand cannons and I think gunslinger might be perfect. I don't know...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I got TDYK last night from leveling up vanguard rank... Do you think there is any reason to use TDYK once you have a Fatebringer?
Nostalgia? ;_;

What makes this decision difficult is that I have armor for both classes. I have Saint-14 for titan which is awesome for defenders and I have symbiotic helmet for gunslinger. I love hand cannons and I think gunslinger might be perfect. I don't know...
LiK didn't recommend Hunter. It's 2.5-1.5.

Hunter
This game really takes randomness to another level. The left Gorgon maze chest gave me Monte Carlo, which I had no interest in except for Exotic collecting (although I'll admit it looks beautiful). I kill Atheon and he drops.... Monte Carlo again. Gotta love it haha,
One more and you'll have as many as me!

LiK

Make both and see which one you like more. My main is a Titan but Hunter is also pretty fun in PVP. I'm currently not a huge fan of the Warlock atm. Still leveling that guy.

someday

Banned
Is anyone doing a newbie raid later today? I've only done it once but really want to go again. I still am unsure about what is happening half the time though so sort of would like to go with a group with a benevolent sherpa. I can't usually make it Thursday nights for Hawkian's session. I'm a level 29 Titan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom