• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explore both, become Guardian Lord.

I think Titan is more fun overall but Hunters are overpowered in PvP so it kind of depends on what you want it for.

LiK didn't recommend Hunter. It's 2.5-1.5.

Hunter

Make both and see which one you like more. My main is a Titan but Hunter is also pretty fun in PVP. I'm currently not a huge fan of the Warlock atm. Still leveling that guy.

I will have all classes eventually. I think I will create a Titan for now

Bizazedo

Titan started strong but now its 2-2. Thanks for the replies :)

What makes this decision difficult is that I have armor for both classes. I have Saint-14 for titan which is awesome for defenders and I have symbiotic helmet for gunslinger. I love hand cannons and I think gunslinger might be perfect. I don't know...

I am a 30 Titan with a baby Hunter at 14.

If you like PvP, go Hunter. If you don't, Titan.

Ignore the Hunters here saying Hunters aren't OP in PvP, they totally are :).

LordofPwn

Fatebringer's one weakness imo is its range so if TDYK has good range then yeah you should keep it and use it when necessary

Fatebringer is the best PVE legendary primary hand cannon in the game. Firefly with 12 shots and the perk for fast reload after precision kills, plus arc damage = amazing.

Just had the minotaur from the mars public event glitch from checkpoint 1 straight to 4. Smh. So many dumb glitches in this game.
Same thing happened to me a week ago. He just froze in place for a few seconds, then he was suddenly across the map at the cave and we failed. We had about five people wailing on him too, so it was not looking good for him.

I am a Titan with a baby Hunter at 14.

If you like PvP, go Hunter. If you don't, Titan.

Ignore the Hunters here saying Hunters aren't OP in PvP, they totally are :).

I don't play a lot of PVP and that's why I'm leaning towards Titan and Bladedancers are pretty OP in PVP but I did kill one recently.

Fatebringer is the best PVE legendary primary hand cannon in the game. Firefly with 12 shots and the perk for fast reload after precision kills, plus arc damage = amazing.

I know it is but I said keep TDYK if you need range

Atkison04

Is anyone doing a newbie raid later today? I've only done it once but really want to go again. I still am unsure about what is happening half the time though so sort of would like to go with a group with a benevolent sherpa. I can't usually make it Thursday nights for Hawkian's session. I'm a level 29 Titan.

I'm running a fresh normal raid this evening around 6:30pm EST. I've ran it about 6-7 times myself and feel pretty good about what's going on. I'm taking my level 29 buddy thru as well (his 2nd) and a few other gaffers said they would try to join in the destiny raid group thread. More than welcome to join up if the timing works for you. I'm "the7thAssassin" on PSN.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I have like 7 timebreakers now, thanks RNG. Good games though. Funny how I switched to my lvl 30 Hunter and Atheon dies in like 3-5 mins. IceBreaker + T's V+ WoL = OP.

I want to create a new class. I have only played as warlock (3 of them) but I want to explore other classes.

Titan or Hunter? I need help with this

Completely depends on where you spend your time.

PvE: Titan. Defender is best pve/raid subclass, hands down

PvP: Hunter.
just make a Titan, for real

I have like 7 timebreakers now, thanks RNG. Good games though. Funny how I switched to my lvl 30 Hunter and Atheon dies in like 3-5 mins. IceBreaker + T's V+ WoL = OP.

I have 8 TBs :(

Illuminated WoL is 35% and can be used by the entire team, it's so marvelous. IB is a great option for anyone without GH, we had a lot of IB DPS on that last run. GG everyone.

someday

Banned
I'm running a fresh normal raid this evening around 6:30pm EST. I've ran it about 6-7 times myself and feel pretty good about what's going on. I'm taking my level 29 buddy thru as well (his 2nd) and a few other gaffers said they would try to join in the destiny raid group thread. More than welcome to join up if the timing works for you. I'm "the7thAssassin" on PSN.

This would be great! I'll send you a FR in a little bit. I'm "someday" on PSN. Thanks.

Zakalwe

Banned
Completely depends on where you spend your time.

PvE: Titan. Defender is best pve/raid subclass, hands down

PvP: Hunter.
just make a Titan, for real

Pay attention to this man.

Feels much better topping the board in pvp with a Defender than it does anything else. :3

Atkison04

This would be great! I'll send you a FR in a little bit. I'm "someday" on PSN. Thanks.

Cool man, no problem! I'll add you as soon as I turn on the playstation bro. I've got to go shuffle gear around at the tower, but I'll be itching to get started 6:15-6:30ish. Don't forget your heavy ammo packs!

Ambitious

I can't wait to get the Bittersteel shader. It's terrific.

FjoAGSg.jpg

(not my picture)

ocean

Banned
Can't wait for the teased "new economies" for planetary materials to be introduced. I need 160 Helium to crack level 30 on my Titan and about 300 Relic Iron for various weapons.

Please don't make me run in circles looking for nodes so I can become Legend :(

LiK

I cannot stand playing as a Defender Titan in PVP. Turtling in a bubble is not my style. Striker all the way.

I know, just love my fatebringer. I prefer LHF or TDYK in PVP though because of the range you speak of.

Firefly + super fast reload after precision kills + arc damage makes it an amazing PVE weapon. I'm a warlock and after using fatebringer it's hard to use other hand cannons mainly cause of the slow reload relative to fatebringer

R0ckman

The RNG is something else. My Rahool is level 28 and I've gotten the God of War shader 3 or 4 times now.

I'm leveling Dead Orbit until I get that sexy ass black shader.

It's bad is what it is, they need to just set the shaders to specific levels, this just screams of lazy. This just isn't the bungie I remember.

LordofPwn

Firefly + super fast reload after precision kills + arc damage makes it an amazing PVE weapon. I'm a warlock and after using fatebringer it's hard to use other hand cannons mainly cause of the slow reload relative to fatebringer

We're on the same page, lol.

I can't wait to get the Bittersteel shader. It's terrific.

(not my picture)
Yup. got it on my Warlock. I want an all black shader though.

koryuken

Level up Dead Orbit faction rank until it drops. All my characters are repping DO until I get both their shaders. The other one, Revenant, is jet-black and I need it.

I guess there is no real point in getting Vanguard rep anymore (I'm like level 5 or 6). Dead Orbit it is!

In defense of raiding hunters: I consider Gunslinger to be the second best subclass for flawless attempts. Triple jump is great for the jumping section and golden gun is excellent for supplicant control, while also nice for quickly downing oracles/adds in the portals. So that's something.

Steroyd

At least you can pick up the Collect 100 Tears on Mars bounty and be done with it in five minutes.

True but my Iron Relic farming route makes me go through at least 2 Ultra/Majors per round, and I need Relic Iron to upgrade some stuff, now I have to go out of my way to farm, ugh.

Speaking of which.

Holy hell are the bounties all over the place today, and thanks to the Venus Patrol mission bounty for what's felt like a repeat bounty over the last couple of days, I've got a stupid amount of Spiirit Bloom.

Also tried the Mida Tool in PvE and I think I like it more than my Vision of Confluence, can't explain why, but it feels like there's more ooomph in every shot.

In defense of raiding hunters: I consider Gunslinger to be the second best subclass for flawless attempts. Triple jump is great for the jumping section and golden gun is excellent for supplicant control, while also nice for quickly downing oracles/adds in the portals. So that's something.

Golden gun works well against everything, not just Supplicants. Sure, it can take 4 shots to take down a Minotaur/Praetorian, but it's still more useful than a Sunsinger saving their super for when they inevitably die.

Oh come on, man... bladedancing those supplicants is money. MONEY BABY.

No, not really

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I have 8 TBs :(

Illuminated WoL is 35% and can be used by the entire team, it's so marvelous. IB is a great option for anyone without GH, we had a lot of IB DPS on that last run. GG everyone.
Still no GHorn :( If Xur sells it this time I'd be ecstatic.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Two nightfalls, two absolute trash Future War Cult weapons. These are my 10th and 11th consecutive Nightfalls without anything useful or valuable dropping (last week I had 3 drops with paltry shards or coins). Really getting over this game, been playing Bayonetta 2 and Master Chief collection. Feels good to play games that reward my time with progress :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom