• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordofPwn

In PvP I'm torn, spending about 50-50 between Fireborn and Radiant Skin when using Praxic Fire. Skin actually makes me more effective almost certainly, but it's so satisfying to come back to life and instagib someone who just shotgunned me and starts dancing...

I usually just run with fireborn. it's so satisfying going in solo on a large group capping B, with the sole purpose of dying to respawn and clear them out for your team. and i always wait to respawn to give the opponents a false sense of security. Voidfang is nice too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nothing like panick-punching a goblin to get a flame shield to keep a flawless run alive though. It's clutch, not a crutch.
Well that's Flame Shield, not Fireborn.
Hawkian, dat radiant skin. At least you could treat it like a bladedancer would, with that added invulnerability. Then, hit someone with a Scorch for dat flame shield and you might as well be invincible.
Radiant Skin is amazing, underestimated to a delicious fault in the Crucible, and the scorch giving you that flame shield is a OHKO. Really want Apotheosis Veil pretty bad now, after having become relatively confident with Sunsinger in PvP.

I also want Voidfang and Sunbreakers too XD
I usually just run with fireborn. it's so satisfying going in solo on a large group capping B, with the sole purpose of dying to respawn and clear them out for your team. and i always wait to respawn to give the opponents a false sense of security. Voidfang is nice too.
mhm, I don't really play control. Fireborn is the obviously better choice for that as described, yeah

I have it. I got it from NF the other week. It isn't bad, but my PvP build is built around the sunbreakers

The longer lasting grenades are so good. I think Sunbreakers are underrated. I have praxic and sun breakers and mainly use Praxic cause it looks nice and I get additional heavy ammo which is good if you use rocket launchers. Sunbreakers are just as good though

I just had a Legendary engram decrypt into the Lucky Raspberry hunter chest piece is that any good? As a Warlock it's useless to me but I was thinking I might keep it if I ever start another character.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The longer lasting grenades are so good. I think Sunbreakers are underrated. I have praxic and sun breakers and mainly use Praxic cause it looks nice and I get additional heavy ammo which is good if you use rocket launchers. Sunbreakers are just as good though
Well, I never use solar grenades at all with Praxic Fire. Radiance is a stick-and-Scorch frenzy when I'm running that, whereas you want to go for the carpet-bombing/Oprah-giveaway build with Solar grenades using Sunbreakers. I really want them too though.
DentalIllAgama.gif

Milennia

I just had a Legendary engram decrypt into the Lucky Raspberry hunter chest piece is that any good? As a Warlock it's useless to me but I was thinking I might keep it if I ever start another character.

this is what the chest exotic engrams give me instead of praxic.

i have 3 lucky rasberrys BUT THIS TIME I'm buying 4 engrams at once, all in

Qwell

This. Put some distance between you. If auto fire wasn't bugged, it'd be my go-to weapon on Shores of Time / Rusted / First Light / Bastion.

You just have to remember you have it so you don't run in to close range.
Just wanted to mention, something I noticed is auto fire always worked when I would use my VoC on my PS3, but would kind of stop when I used it on my PS4. So I swapped the triggers on my PS4 (just go to button layout on PS4 version and then press triangle) all it does it let you use R1 for shoot instead of R2 ... and same with L1 to aim instead of L2 ... and it never bugs out.

So whenever I equip my VoC on a character I just quickly go into button config, press square ... and then reverse it when I'm done using VoC. Not on the fly of course... but like oh this strike I want VoC, or this raid I want AE.

SharkJAW

It's good for Hunters that run bladedancer. You get extended range for the best grenade the subclass has to offer (especially good in PvP). You also spawn with grenade energy, guaranteed, with extra heavy ammo as another bonus, I believe. My move would be to keep it.

Daemul

Yeah, I learned my lesson after the first time. I focused on PvP, afterwards. 1800xp per match for something orders of magnitude more dynamic than the story is obviously the better proposition. Even then, it takes a LOT of PvP to hit 20, but that's where the bounties come in. I think the main issue is finding a half decent weapon. I used the starting AR up until I got a bearable HC, but, being used to level 20+ gear, all lower level gear completely sucks. Period.

I saved a level 14 Shingen-E specifically for this. It hurts so much getting to the point where we can use better weapons, though, now that everyone is loaded.

Yeah, the first 10 levels of levelling an alt can be slow and painful, but once you hit the halfway point and better weapons and all the bounties become available to you, it becomes faster. It took me longer to get from level 1-15 than from level 15-20, solely because of the bounties.

Steroyd

Wut?... i mean to each there own but the MIDA is not worth an exotic slot if you have the VoC imo.

That means nothing to me, because I've dedicated each of my alts to specific types of exotic slots.

Hunter - Primary
Titan - Special
Warlock - Heavy

As a scout rifle it's felt better so far.

LordofPwn

K. I've mentioned this a few times, and I'm not trying to be funny...why do people like VoC? Perhaps I'm using it incorrectly and need to place some distance in between me and my target? The thing is suuuper slow and takes at least 4 shots to put someone down. I thought the auto perk would improve this but nope. Sure, I do decent damage but more often than not my opponent takes me out first. Hand cannons, shotguns, fusion rifles and ARs just seem better suited for PvP, IMO. Everyone swears by it, though.

Distance is key. VoC hits like a freight train in PvP. I clean up with it on rusted lands.

Well that's Flame Shield, not Fireborn.

Radiant Skin is amazing, underestimated to a delicious fault in the Crucible, and the scorch giving you that flame shield is a OHKO. Really want Apotheosis Veil pretty bad now, after having become relatively confident with Sunsinger in PvP.

I also want Voidfang and Sunbreakers too XD

mhm, I don't really play control. Fireborn is the obviously better choice for that as described, yeah
I have the Veil, not a fan. rather have voidfang in pvp for obvious reasons, and the raid helm for PVE (RNGesus please bless me with this)

Hey dude missed you yesterday. Did you ever get a hard run in? I maybe looking for a group to start around 6:30 eastern, but I really only want experienced raiders who know what they are doing and can blow through it. Interested?

Hey man. Yeah, we rolled through the hard raid pretty quickly last night. Now I only need the raid chest and I'll be at 30... finally...

I have to help out with some alt leveling tonight and some PvP. Throw me a message anyway and maybe I'll hop in with one of my alts.

I wish I had the raid helmet. Then I could use some other PVE builds. I have the apotheosis veil. It brings me to 30. The raid helmet or the iron banner helmet will take me to victory

I wish I had the raid helmet. Then I could use some other PVE builds. I have the apotheosis veil. It brings me to 30. The raid helmet or the iron banner helmet will take me to victory

Yeah I got lucky and got my full raid set fairly early and it gives me so many choices with my warlock. I can be 30 with multiple combinations of gear

Well, I never use solar grenades at all with Praxic Fire. Radiance is a stick-and-Scorch frenzy when I'm running that, whereas you want to go for the carpet-bombing/Oprah-giveaway build with Solar grenades using Sunbreakers. I really want them too though.
DentalIllAgama.gif

Sticky grenades with Praxic fire does sound amazing. Will try that

Greenymac

Hey man. Yeah, we rolled through the hard raid pretty quickly last night. Now I only need the raid chest and I'll be at 30... finally...

I have to help out with some alt leveling tonight and some PvP. Throw me a message anyway and maybe I'll hop in with one of my alts.

Dude if youre alt levelling i may just do that, but my titan is only level 4-5...

Ruze789

When I hear "supplicants," all I can think of is:

"During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!"

Haha I'd never thought that before, but now I won't forget. I watch that all the time.

"I am Vinz, Vinz Clortho, Keymaster of Gozer. Volguus Zildrohar, Lord of the Sebouillia. Are you the Gatekeeper?"

LordofPwn

It's praxic really hard to get? I thought xur sold them a little bit ago. I had 2 but dismantle one awhile ago. But I never played a warlock till now, so I am prob underestimating praxic..

Xur hasn't sold it yet. it's the best Sunsinger Exotic (probably just best warlock exotic). Voidfang looks better, and is awesome for PVP. spawn with grenades, sunsinger means 2. spawn. rush the opponent, stick 2 people, get 2 kills (post mortem). repeat. great for post mortem bounty.

Hell yeah extra heavy ammo. I won't enter a HM raid without it(forever lev29)

7 Gjallarchrist Superstar rounds is an impressive amount of whoopass.

PS4 here, Hunter and Titan 29, with Legendary/Exotic leveled weapons and experience with the raid. We search a group to do the Vault in normal from the beginning. Add me PSN Vasilisk.

It's good for Hunters that run bladedancer. You get extended range for the best grenade the subclass has to offer (especially good in PvP). You also spawn with grenade energy, guaranteed, with extra heavy ammo as another bonus, I believe. My move would be to keep it.
Yup, I even keep my lucky raspberry on when I go gunslinger because of how useful having extra heavy ammo is for pvp. Keep it.

Just didthe hard raid for the first time.
Someone got 4 raid gauntlets in one run.
I just got my 4th and 5th raid sniper rifle.
Still need gloves or helmet to get to 30.

Greenymac

PS4 here, Hunter and Titan 29, with Legendary/Exotic leveled weapons and experience with the raid. We search a group to do the Vault in normal from the beginning. Add me PSN Vasilisk.

Vasilisk if you need a 6th let me know. Id prefer not to run normal raid, but if you need help, youve got it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have the Veil, not a fan. rather have voidfang in pvp for obvious reasons, and the raid helm for PVE (RNGesus please bless me with this)
Well I want Voidfang too for a different build. Why do you want the raid helm in particular for PvE?
Xur hasn't sold it yet. it's the best Sunsinger Exotic (probably just best warlock exotic). Voidfang looks better, and is awesome for PVP. spawn with grenades, sunsinger means 2. spawn. rush the opponent, stick 2 people, get 2 kills (post mortem). repeat. great for post mortem bounty.
Praxic is the most all-around useful Sunsinger exotic; it's worthless for Voidwalkers so I don't think you can say best Warlock exotic. That title almost definitely goes to Voidfang for PvP, since as you noted the grenade spawn energy works just fine with Gift of the Sun, and Light Beyond Nemesis for all PvE except Flawless raid runs.

I consider all of the Warlock exotics viable to the point that there's no real "best," though as I see it Skull of Dire Ahamkara sits below the rest.
The Spawn with grenade energy works just fine for Sunsinger genandes too.

Funny though, I consider Flux grenades the best on Bladedancer in both PvE and PvP, haha.
That means nothing to me, because I've dedicated each of my alts to specific types of exotic slots.

Hunter - Primary
Titan - Special
Warlock - Heavy

As a scout rifle it's felt better so far.
Interesting approach. I'm dedicating each class to a certain primary weapon type,
Hunter- Hand Cannons
Warlock - Auto Rifles
Titan - Scout Rifles

NastyBook

I cannot stand playing as a Defender Titan in PVP. Turtling in a bubble is not my style. Striker all the way.
That's why you throw Weapons of Light on there, walk out of it, then mow down your enemies with the damage buff. You can play offense and defense with that super.

Drain You

Any idea roughly how long it takes to fully upgrade raid gear? I have all the materials needed and will be doing the bounties etc. Also is there anything in particular that levels this stuff quick? Might play some crucible if that helps.

SharkJAW

Hawkian said:
Funny though, I consider Flux grenades the best on Bladedancer in both PvE and PvP, haha.
True. I like the OHKO but using arcbolt to soften someone up around a corner then killing them with 1-2 shots is really nice. You basically guarantee your win on the 1v1 or even a 2v1 and a 3v1 on occasion as they'll all take damage (the first target takes double damage if you chain it with 3 enemies, I think).

matmanx1

It took us three tries to get through the Nightfall last night (we just weren't taking it seriously the first two attempts) but it ended up being a lot of fun when we actually used some strategy and positioning to win.

I (Titan) got Crest of Alpha Lupi (117 int base, so not so good) but it is an exotic that I did not have before so I am ok with it.
Hunter got 11 ascendant shards. (I need shards badly. I think I would have rather had the shards)
Warlock got 5 strange coins. Everybody felt bad for the Warlock.

Arc burn was fun. Our second attempt two of us died to the skiff that drops off the Fallen adds. That thing one shot both of us!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
True. I like the OHKO but using arcbolt to soften someone up around a corner then killing them with 1-2 shots is really nice. You basically guarantee your win on the 1v1 or even a 2v1 and a 3v1 on occasion as they'll all take damage (the first target takes double damage if you chain it with 3 enemies, I think).
Sounds pretty sweet. One day I'll have Lucky Raspberry to mess around with.

LordofPwn

Well I want Voidfang too for a different build. Why do you want the raid helm in particular for PvE?

Praxic is the most all-around useful Sunsinger exotic; it's worthless for Voidwalkers so I don't think you can say best Warlock exotic. That title almost definitely goes to Voidfang for PvP, since as you noted the grenade spawn energy works just fine with Gift of the Sun, and Light Beyond Nemesis for all PvE except Flawless raid runs.

I consider all of the Warlock exotics viable to the point that there's no real "best," though as I see it Skull of Dire Ahamkara sits below the rest.

Raid helm for fatebringer explosive crit kills and dropping orbs. to be able to chain supers would be amazing, or to feed titans for their bubbles/hunters for their golden guns.

And i like the look of the Skull best for exotic, i think raid helm looks better though.

Namikaze1

A bit off topic but I rather deal with all of the raid's glitches and risk losing all the shit in my bank than play another hour of Unity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom