• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
The arcbolt is just too good at getting people behind cover, because its range is so high and the damage is consistent. Play a game mode like control and just toss it at flags when alot of action is going on,you'll be surprised at how many kills it nets you. The arcbolt definitely gets me more kills than any other grenade.

Vault of Glass Raid

Normal - PS4

Starting at 8:30pm Eastern (roughly 4 hours from now).

1) Kor of Memory
2) aMadTeaParty7
3) Ratsult2
4) JPBrowncoat
5)
6)

For those that don't know, I run this every week (though normally on Tuesday). Typically this is for people who haven't raided before, or at the very least, haven't finished a raid before.

Note: This week we will be attempted to do the Templar encounter fully legit, and as I've never done that before, there will be a small learning segment for all parties. Do not ask to come if you plan on asking us to change our strategy. If we feel we are beating our heads against a wall, we will fall back to our old tactics.

If you ask to come, please let me know what your class and level is, and what raid experience you have, if any. (This has no impact on you coming or not, I'm just curious).

Temidien

Neo Member
Vault of Glass Raid

Normal - PS4

1) Kor of Memory
2) aMadTeaParty7
3) Ratsult2
4) JPBrowncoat
5)
6)

For those that don't know, I run this every week (though normally on Tuesday). Typically this is for people who haven't raided before, or at the very least, haven't finished a raid before.

Note: This week we will be attempted to do the Templar encounter fully legit, and as I've never done that before, there will be a small learning segment for all parties. Do not ask to come if you plan on asking us to change our strategy. If we feel we are beating our heads against a wall, we will fall back to our old tactics.

If you ask to come, please let me know what your class and level is, and what raid experience you have, if any. (This has no impact on you coming or not, I'm just curious).

I'd love to join ya, Kor, and would be happy to help with sherpa duties if needed. Bringing my lvl 28 Titan alt with maxed weapons, well experienced in raid on both normal and hard.

PSN: Temidien

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Seriously. I think this game somehow knows what exotic you want most and gives you everything but that one item
*whistles innocently*
Raid helm for fatebringer explosive crit kills and dropping orbs. to be able to chain supers would be amazing, or to feed titans for their bubbles/hunters for their golden guns.
Interesting
And i like the look of the Skull best for exotic, i think raid helm looks better though.
They do both look awesome.

Vault of Glass Raid

Normal - PS4

1) Kor of Memory
2) aMadTeaParty7
3) Ratsult2
4) JPBrowncoat
5)
6)

Hey man, put me down as an alt if you want. If you are short anyone, I'll fill in. I'm in dire need of the raid chest piece. Then it's all about level 30 for me.

Oh, and the VoC and PR sniper. Those would be really nice too. And maybe a Ghorn. Definitely a Ghorn.

Sorry, I mean "GjallaJesus Superstar" or whatever we're calling it now. Or is it "JesusHorn Superstar?"

SuperJesusHorn? Horn 'o Plenty of Jesuses (or is it Jesi?)

OK, I think I need to get out of the office for the day.

Angry Guy

namikaze and Angry Guy. Id happily run hard with you guys around 6:30 eastern time....Ive been somewhat looking since yesterday too, but it just hasnt linked up.

That might be a little early for me, I still have to figure out what the fuck I'm doing about dinner.

BLU-82

Have a group of 4 looking to do a quick templar run on hard if anyone can help? We're 29's trapped without boots :(

PS4 Malfurient

Namikaze1

I don't know if I should keep looking for my destiny copy or watch the fight outside. So much yelling and shit. It's two chicks fighting. I don't know over what but they're going in hard on each other. And now one of them just got some back up. Where's the damn popcorn when you need some?

Edit: never mind. Cops just came.

Anyone use No Backup Plans on their Titan? I got it from the Nightfall and am curious if it's useful or not.

Is the Force Barrier duration boost significant?

Getting a group together for fresh Hard mode Raid.

1. Dontbrickmebro

2. TheLostSerenity

Send me a friend request and join party chat, psn Dontbrickmebro

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Slight updates to the Weekly Stuff this week, and spots open for Thursday's newblet raid.

Wednesday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Static Normal Raid
1. NarcissisticJay
2. Palom12
3. Squall ASF
4. Union Carbine
5. wins1991
6. Hawkian

I never heard from wins! Gonna send him a PM now. If he's dropping the slot or doesn't make it again tonight, I'm giving Colonel (phen0m) the static spot in our group. He's all tied up at the Magic Kingdom this week though, so I may very well be popping in here tonight to look for someone to fill in- keep your eyes peeled.

It's probably time to give the Hard a shot- you guys get first dibs, I'm thinking like Sunday at 4PM if you can make it...

Thursday, 8:15PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Happy Time Newb-Friendly Normal Raid
1. FenixOne
2. the_log_ride
3. Hawkian
4. DaveS78
5. redpepper7336
6. OPEN

I'm moving this up to 8:15PM (going to PM Fenix and log, hopefully they can still make it)- hopefully still gives people on the West Coast a shot to join in. I don't mind spending as long as it takes, and I really do think I can keep these running pretty briskly all things considered- but just in the interest of being able to wrap up a little earlier.

These runs are for people kinda new to the raid, brand new to the raid, or just not confident/comfortable with all aspects of it yet. Anyone can attend except those who were in it the previous week. If you've raided before, we'll focus on giving you roles you're NOT comfortable with, to get a little more experience and improve as an overall player. Lots of hands will touch the relic!

Very laid-back atmosphere, please bring your most patient self, our (many) wipes will be opportunities to laugh and figure out what went wrong, rather than getting frustrated or blaming anyone at all. :)

Please quote this post and post your PSN ID if you want in for tomorrow's raid! It is first come first serve, so please make sure to quote something from this post so that I can see it easily.

These are streamed, so please Opt-In in the PSN Party settings if you'd like to be able to be heard by the viewers (of course if you'd prefer not to be then just don't opt-in). For those that tune in, I always try to narrate the general strategies and offer tips in a way that can be helpful even if they don't necessarily apply to the group I'm running with at the time.

Friday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Pay-it-Forward Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Clinic

You guys know the drill here, I guarantee you safe passage through the Weekly Strike of your choice and show you a viable cheesy (for Nightfall) or lactose-free (for Heroic) strategy that is easy to replicate; you use this knowledge to help someone else out when the time comes!

I may be moving this to Monday nights as a a sort of last-chance-for-the-week session, based on the fact that there wasn't much activity Friday night and I have more Mondays than Fridays free anyway.

--

Again, at least 3 slots open for tomorrow night's noobtastic Raid, get your tickets now!

Arrrammis

Completed the nightfall twice, got 6 ass shards from the first one, then Monte Carlo from the second. I'm sure people want that weapon, but as an exclusive hand cannon/scout rife user who only used assault rifles for the beginning of the game and the Iron Banner bounty, it really annoyed me.
RNG: "Hey! You know that playstation exclusive weapon that you wanted? We're gonna give you the other one! Enjoy!"

But then I ran the hard raid twice and got Fatebringer, warlock arm armor, and 4 sets of the boots. I guess I can't complain, I get to modify my build a bit with all those boots. Now to farm Helium filaments for 3 hours so I can upgrade it all...

Dave_6

Slight updates to the Weekly Stuff this week, and spots open for Thursday's newblet raid.

1. NarcissisticJay
2. Palom12
3. Squall ASF
4. Union Carbine
5. wins1991
6. Hawkian

I never heard from wins! Gonna send him a PM now. If he's dropping the slot or doesn't make it again tonight, I'm giving Colonel (phen0m) the static spot in our group. He's all tied up at the Magic Kingdom this week though, so I may very well be popping in here tonight to look for someone to fill in- keep your eyes peeled.

It's probably time to give the Hard a shot- you guys get first dibs, I'm thinking like Sunday at 4PM if you can make it...

Thursday, 8:15PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Happy Time Newb-Friendly Normal Raid
1. FenixOne
2. the_log_ride
3. Hawkian
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

I'm moving this up to 8:15PM (going to PM Fenix and log, hopefully they can still make it)- hopefully still gives people on the West Coast a shot to join in. I don't mind spending as long as it takes, and I really do think I can keep these running pretty briskly all things considered- but just in the interest of being able to wrap up a little earlier.

These runs are for people kinda new to the raid, brand new to the raid, or just not confident/comfortable with all aspects of it yet. Anyone can attend except those who were in it the previous week. If you've raided before, we'll focus on giving you roles you're NOT comfortable with, to get a little more experience and improve as an overall player. Lots of hands will touch the relic!

Very laid-back atmosphere, please bring your most patient self, our (many) wipes will be opportunities to laugh and figure out what went wrong, rather than getting frustrated or blaming anyone at all. :)

Please quote this post and post your PSN ID if you want in for tomorrow's raid! It is first come first serve, so please make sure to quote something from this post so that I can see it easily.

These are streamed, so please Opt-In in the PSN Party settings if you'd like to be able to be heard by the viewers (of course if you'd prefer not to be then just don't opt-in). For those that tune in, I always try to narrate the general strategies and offer tips in a way that can be helpful even if they don't necessarily apply to the group I'm running with at the time.

Friday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Pay-it-Forward Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Clinic

You guys know the drill here, I guarantee you safe passage through the Weekly Strike of your choice and show you a viable cheesy (for Nightfall) or lactose-free (for Heroic) strategy that is easy to replicate; you use this knowledge to help someone else out when the time comes!

I may be moving this to Monday nights as a a sort of last-chance-for-the-week session, based on the fact that there wasn't much activity Friday night and I have more Mondays than Fridays free anyway.

--

Again, at least 3 slots open for tomorrow night's noobtastic Raid, get your tickets now!

I'm all up for tomorrow nights Raid! I'm a level 28 Hunter and have yet to complete the Raid. Actually only have had one attempt lol. We're already PSN friends as well (I'm DaveS78)

BTW, anyone up for the Nightfall tonight?

phen0m24

1. NarcissisticJay
2. Palom12
3. Squall ASF
4. Union Carbine
5. wins1991
6. Hawkian

I never heard from wins! Gonna send him a PM now. If he's dropping the slot or doesn't make it again tonight, I'm giving Colonel (phen0m) the static spot in our group. He's all tied up at the Magic Kingdom this week though...

Believe me, this place is amazing but I wish my Vita TV worked and my hotel's Internet didn't suck... I would have tried to at least bust out a bounty or 5.

Let me know Mr. H - will be back Sat afternoon

yeah they are the best for soloing a gatekeeper portal with stealth, and you can dance past the jumping puzzle if your super is up. I switch subclasses after the Templar and then back to gunslinger at Atheon. I like it

they can stealth grab relic and blade dance across the jumping puzzle. multi-talented that bunch is.

I actually think Voidwalker is better. Sunsinger is a crutch and good for cheesing. That's it.

Yesterday maxed the 6th and final subclass, now today all this talk of raid subclasses. It's time for a ranking. Hmm...

There were words here. Now they're gone.

You up for a few all Lv-30 flawless hard raid attempts sometime? If they really suck we can just forget about it. Might be a fun challenge though.

anybody attempting a flawless run tonight on PS4?

I can be on a little later tonight if people need one more. Sounded like some runners were waiting for the weekend, but just post or PM if you are getting a team going.

..Im a raid wrecking ball.

I can vouch for this. But whatever you do, don't let Greeny catch you jumping up on a ledge when Atheon first comes out or there's gonna be hell to pay, haha.

Getting a group together for fresh Hard mode Raid.

Spots filled.

1. Dontbrickmebro

2. TheLostSerenity

3. Gunawi

4. BadAss2961

5. ComputerMkII

6.Ashley_US

Send me a friend request and join party chat, psn Dontbrickmebro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom