• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

someday

Banned
Cool man, no problem! I'll add you as soon as I turn on the playstation bro. I've got to go shuffle gear around at the tower, but I'll be itching to get started 6:15-6:30ish. Don't forget your heavy ammo packs!
I'm actually going to have to bail...I'm so sorry. I am doing labs for class and they have been taking a lot longer than usual. I've only completed one so far and I have another due tonight. Thanks for the offer and hopefully I can catch up with you next time.

Arrrammis

This. Put some distance between you. If auto fire wasn't bugged, it'd be my go-to weapon on Shores of Time / Rusted / First Light / Bastion.

You just have to remember you have it so you don't run in to close range.

Just wanted to mention, something I noticed is auto fire always worked when I would use my VoC on my PS3, but would kind of stop when I used it on my PS4. So I swapped the triggers on my PS4 (just go to button layout on PS4 version and then press triangle) all it does it let you use R1 for shoot instead of R2 ... and same with L1 to aim instead of L2 ... and it never bugs out.

So whenever I equip my VoC on a character I just quickly go into button config, press square ... and then reverse it when I'm done using VoC. Not on the fly of course... but like oh this strike I want VoC, or this raid I want AE.

I've run into this too, but what I've started doing is when I want to auto fire on VoC, I mash the trigger as hard as I can, and it fires fine with no hiccups until I have to reload. That said, it's probably not very good for the controller, and I hope there is a patch put in for this.

Mupod

Friday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Pay-it-Forward Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Clinic

You guys know the drill here, I guarantee you safe passage through the Weekly Strike of your choice and show you a viable cheesy (for Nightfall) or lactose-free (for Heroic) strategy that is easy to replicate; you use this knowledge to help someone else out when the time comes!

I may be moving this to Monday nights as a a sort of last-chance-for-the-week session, based on the fact that there wasn't much activity Friday night and I have more Mondays than Fridays free anyway.

--

Again, at least 3 slots open for tomorrow night's noobtastic Raid, get your tickets now!

I'll be down for some help with the nightfall on friday for sure. Unless I somehow stumble into a group for it tonight, anyways. I managed to solo the 22 heroic last week but it took foreeeeever.

Short of miraculous drops tonight I doubt I'll be of a decent level for the raid tomorrow but a friendly learning environment would be great. So maybe next week.

phen0m24

Hawkian I messaged a guy about the raid tomorrow, directed him to the thread and to look for your post. No idea if he'll pop on but wanted to let you know. He's a gaming Dad like me.

Zhumulangma

Neo Member
Slight updates to the Weekly Stuff this week, and spots open for Thursday's newblet raid.

[Thursday, 8:15PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Happy Time Newb-Friendly Normal Raid
1. FenixOne
2. the_log_ride
3. Hawkian
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

I'm moving this up to 8:15PM (going to PM Fenix and log, hopefully they can still make it)- hopefully still gives people on the West Coast a shot to join in. I don't mind spending as long as it takes, and I really do think I can keep these running pretty briskly all things considered- but just in the interest of being able to wrap up a little earlier.

Please quote this post and post your PSN ID if you want in for tomorrow's raid! It is first come first serve, so please make sure to quote something from this post so that I can see it easily.

[
Again, at least 3 slots open for tomorrow night's noobtastic Raid, get your tickets now!

I would like a ticket to the noobtastic.

PSN - redpepper7336. Thanks

breakfuss

This. Put some distance between you. If auto fire wasn't bugged, it'd be my go-to weapon on Shores of Time / Rusted / First Light / Bastion.

You just have to remember you have it so you don't run in to close range.
Distance is key. VoC hits like a freight train in PvP. I clean up with it on rusted lands.

Alright, thanks. Figured I might be approaching this wrong. Will gladly give it another chance.

VoC is a scout rifle. Of course you need distance.
Keyword: Scout

LoL. Well that's why I mentioned I might be doing something wrong. This is the first time I've used this type of gun. Suros (IMO) has the added benefit of being effective from different distances so it's just weird to see people move on to VoC as the choice gun. Guess it really must be that good.

any Xbox One players want to kick through the nightfall this evening? I've already done it on one character and would love to knock it out on one of my others - i feel silly playing destiny without dat 25% buff now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm all up for tomorrow nights Raid! I'm a level 28 Hunter and have yet to complete the Raid. Actually only have had one attempt lol. We're already PSN friends as well (I'm DaveS78)

BTW, anyone up for the Nightfall tonight?
We don't allow Hunters!

Just kidding, you're in. Looking forward to it :D 28 is ideal. We'll get you that completion.
I'm still good for tomorrow, just gotta make sure I get dinner in first, don't wanna raid hungry.
Hahaha I gotta remember to avoid that same mistake myself!
I'll be down for some help with the nightfall on friday for sure. Unless I somehow stumble into a group for it tonight, anyways. I managed to solo the 22 heroic last week but it took foreeeeever.

Short of miraculous drops tonight I doubt I'll be of a decent level for the raid tomorrow but a friendly learning environment would be great. So maybe next week.
Just poke your head in here Fri. for Weekly help stuff, I don't do signups for that it's just whoever responds, as many times as I can tolerate for the night ;)

26 is the raid entry requirement, so let me know! If nothing else we'll be glad to have you next week.

Tovarisc

Quote first;

On Thursday, November 13th, we’ll be taking Destiny offline for several hours. This totally planned service outage will enable us to prepare for the arrival of a series of updates planned for the next few weeks. During this time, you’ll be unable to play Destiny. We're sorry about the interruption, but it's for the greater good.

and then more here, CLICK

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian I messaged a guy about the raid tomorrow, directed him to the thread and to look for your post. No idea if he'll pop on but wanted to let you know. He's a gaming Dad like me.
Okee, he can PM me as well.

wins is in for tonight, so we hopefully do have a full crew this time (haven't heard from anywhere else). Elsewise I'll be back in here looking for experienced folk tonight at 9 eastern.
I would like a ticket to the noobtastic.

PSN - redpepper7336. Thanks
You're in. That leaves one spot! Your guy might have to be an alt this week Colonel!

Greenymac

1.Greeny
2.rnilla
3.kalamari

Any 30s wanna jump in about 6:30 and help us knock this out.

Ill be on my 29 hunter with maxed Horn,Fatebringer,VoC,AE, and PR.

Psn is same as GAF...If Ive run it with you before and you need a clear please sign up!
If we dont get enough Ill just fuck around on my alt.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Quote first;

and then more here, CLICK
I wonder if there was something wrong with their method of patch deployment before this process. I'm so curious as to what they could possibly be doing on their end only but that does affect server availability, to make it easier to push them out.
In other words: "We ain't doin' shit, stay tuned for more information soon, oh and be sure to buy the DLC."
i didn't see a word about the DLC in that post, what did i miss

Okay, a quick poll of the guys I was with today suggests that VoC is only a normal raid drop. Is this true? If so, I'm not going to ruin hard raids first anymore since it looks like they just give you a double roll from the hard loot table when you skip normal.

Also, what does 20 + 1 exotic, 3 legendary = ?
Is it 25? I think I'm going to focus on my warlock alt for the rest of the week. I want to hit the raid one more time before the reset.

Rubenov

1.Greeny
2.rnilla
3.kalamari

Psn is same as GAF...If Ive run it with you before and you need a clear please sign up!

30 Warlock here to help. Many clears. PSN Rubenov25

Ambitious

I wonder if there was something wrong with their method of patch deployment before this process. I'm so curious as to what they could possibly be doing on their end only but that does affect server availability, to make it easier to push them out.

i didn't see a word about the DLC in that post, what did i miss

Correct, he doesn't mention it at all. That's just what I read between the lines in pretty much everything DeeJ or Bungie wrote recently.

Okay, a quick poll of the guys I was with today suggests that VoC is only a normal raid drop. Is this true? If so, I'm not going to ruin hard raids first anymore since it looks like they just give you a double roll from the hard loot table when you skip normal.

Is it 25? I think I'm going to focus on my warlock alt for the rest of the week. I want to hit the raid one more time before the reset.

If my experience is any indication, the hard and normal raid give shards and energy only.

Just shards. Just energy. No weapons.

Yeah, I know..another complainer....sorry.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
With no upgrades on any of them? I mean, you can literally hit anything from 25-29 with that configuration o_o

Completely unupgraded I believe it gets you to 24.5 ish? Not positive on that one.

wait, this can be calculated...

Exotics are base 17 light, legendaries 15, that's, yup, 3 light away from 25.

edit: Right? Are exotics base 20 and Legendaries 17? *mindboggles*

edit: fuck, okay, legendaries are 18, exotics are 21. It puts you 1 light away from 26!

I find posting here is somehow linked to RNGesus, so:

1. Warlock Raid hat
2. Warlock Raid boots
3. Sarah Michelle Gjallar
4. Fatebringer

Thanks, have a wonderful day

You can get it in both normal and hard.

So I just soloed the nightfall with my titan in the stupidest way. Has anyone ever tried staying at the entrance but just tossing grenades over the rock at the boss? Took like 10 minutes to find the right trajectory, but those lightning grenades obliterated him.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I just soloed the nightfall with my titan in the stupidest way. Has anyone ever tried staying at the entrance but just tossing grenades over the rock at the boss? Took like 10 minutes to find the right trajectory, but those lightning grenades obliterated him.
holy crap ahahah :O

If my experience is any indication, the hard and normal raid give shards and energy only.

Just shards. Just energy. No weapons.

Yeah, I know..another complainer....sorry.

Yeah, either that or dupe items. I just got my third PR sniper. That said, I can't complain too much since my first hard atheon with my baby titan gave me 2x helmet. She will be 30 in no time, just need the bounty reset tomorrow.

With no upgrades on any of them? I mean, you can literally hit anything from 25-29 with that configuration o_o

Completely unupgraded I believe it gets you to 24.5 ish? Not positive on that one.

wait, this can be calculated...

Exotics are base 17 light, legendaries 15, that's, yup, 3 light away from 25.

Thanks for figuring that out. I was hoping the base light would be closer to 26. I wany to get to 28 asap. I could probably be okay raiding at 27 though.

3 times now in the span of 5 ranks Dead Orbit has given me a Venation III. Seriously?

Even the Cryptarch has done a better job. Yesterday Dead Orbit gave me an energy and shard, immediately after Rahool turned a blue engram into a Deviant-A Gravity machine gun. Wtf?

squidyj

1.Greeny
2.rnilla
3.kalamari

I have no idea what timezone you're talking about but if its a hard full clear and you still need someone, i've got my 30 warlock, psn squidyj

Deku Tree

I'm looking to run a quick normal raid with mostly experienced players around 9:00pm est or possibly a little bit before then (some new players is also OK). I'll be rolling with my 27 Titan with lots of maxed weapons. Last week my Titan basically almost didn't die through the raid other than controlled wipes, I've got lots of raid clears on both normal and hard. Please reply to this message in this topic if your interested. I'll check on it a few times between now and then.

Namikaze1

3 times now in the span of 5 ranks Dead Orbit has given me a Venation III. Seriously?

Even the Cryptarch has done a better job. Yesterday Dead Orbit gave me an energy and shard, immediately after Rahool turned a blue engram into a Deviant-A Gravity machine gun. Wtf?
That's what you get for taking my Last Word!

EL CUCO

Yeah Dead Orbit has been playing me like a fiddle. I got a sweet Void Dead Orbit Fusion from the NF, but nothing from D.O. themselves.

I'm at the point where a nice black shader would do.

LordofPwn

I'm looking to run a quick normal raid with mostly experienced players around 9:00pm or possibly a bit sooner (some new players is also OK). I'll be rolling with my 27 Titan with lots of maxed weapons. Last week my Titan basically almost didn't die through the raid other than controlled wipes, I've got lots of raid clears on both normal and hard. Please reply to this message in this topic if your interested. I'll check on it a few times between now and then.

9pm where?

MildSoss

Anyone want to bust out a quick normal raid? Just need four more people, want to try and get it started as soon as possible.

PSN: MiidSoss

1.Greeny
2.rnilla
3.kalamari

If you guys are looking to get the hard raid out the way nowish, I am down.

Level 30 Sunbro Warlock.

PSN: MandrakeUK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom