• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think I saw it once too. I also noticed that the Kill 3 Firewalkers bounty no longer appears. Guess they got too many complaints about that one.
You mean Fallen Walkers? Are you sure that wasn't just a Queen's Bounty?
This, so much. I'm longing for Fatebringer or a VoC, but G'horn is certainly the single most useful weapon in Destiny that I'm missing at this point.
Mine is maxed and I'd buy another without hesitation of any kind, maybe two depending on what else Xur has and how many coins I can scrounge up. It's just so damn good.
What's this talk about lvl 30 and 32 for easy and hard for the next raid? You guys cray. They are not gonna lock out a majority of the player base and not even let them be properly geared for the easy raid.

That shit is gonna start at 28 and you know it. We might face the same situation as now where the enemies get stronger as you progress through the raid but it ain't gonna start at 30.
Guys the glitched map that showed the labels for a lot of the DLC content showed Crota's End as 28.

Axoman

Hard raid really isn't hard, it just takes good gear and a good team. I would definitely try it.

You're missing out on the chance of a lot of gear and extra materials if you don't.

There are plenty of experienced players here who would happily help you, myself being one.

I wish you were on Xbox One. I've been trying for about a week for some people to help me with a hard raid and haven't gotten any takers.

My friends I regularly play with are good at normal, but we aren't all 29, we have a couple 28s.

The three of us that are 29s would like to try hard mode, but having trouble finding people to do it with.

That level 29 bias I guess. :(

They said new shaders are coming. Hopefully they deleted purple from their toolset.

And Vomit green aswell

this. plus imagine having to pass cert on 4 different versions, spread across 3 very different architectures, and 2 generations. I mean they have to publish simultaneously too. Logistical nightmare, and having to deal with lowest common denominator doesn't help either.

Destiny 2 could be a lot better if they cut PS3/X360 support

Plan C should rip him a few new ones

How about a pocket infinity? Thats the only one I have :-(

ocean

Banned
Bungie forum comments are hilarious. Take a look at this gem (sorry if it's been posted here before):

Rambo IIII Atheon here.

So good news! Bungie installed a railing around my crib so I stop falling, and man, life is great!! And you remember how I used to teleport the guys who were farthest away from me? You know, because the guys closest are easier for me to kill? Well, apparently Guardians realized that they could have their best players run away from me so they would get teleported and they were making short work of my portal teams... This wouldn't be a problem normally, but apparently the Kamakazi Harpies that I ordered from Amazon can't fly more than 18" off the ground, so these Guardian teams were just sticking their crappiest players on top of those pillars and the Harpies just sit below them and squawk.

Anyway, since Guardians can no longer cheese me, its time for us to cheese some Guardians!!
I'm looking for a group of lvl 30 Vex to cheese some Guardians on Hard Mode. I have the Guardian checkpoint. You don't need to be any good at killing Guardians; we're going to cheese the Guardians using some known glitches. This should take 1-2 hours. The exact time is unknown, because it depends on how badly the group of Guardians wants a 4th copy of the Legendary Sparrow. But typically, if we cheese/glitch kill them for about 90 minutes, at least one person in their group will start to break, and when that happens, victory is inevitable.

Need 6 Vex total, will split into 2 groups: -1 yellow Pretorian and 2 yellow Goblins will stand in Venus portal -3 yellow Hobgoblins will stand in Mars portal

Pretorians: no mic required. Really all you need is one hand; you're just going to mash melee. If a Guardian takes your health down with the Relic, we're going to glitch your health back to full. So again, no worries if you aren't good at killing Guardians. You just literally need to mash right bumper until the relic carrier dies. His friends will go blind, they'll die, and that's it! We're done! Rinse and repeat until their spirits are broken and they surrender.

Goblins: Your job is just to die while the health-regenerating Pretorian melee kills the Relic carrier. Literally just stand there and get shot. In fact, I might not even need players for these roles. I might just connect spare controllers and sign them into Live.

Hobgoblins: You guys are kind of outnumbered, so I'm going to use some glitches on Guardians to help you out. For example, if I teleport them to Mars (where you 3 will be standing), I'll try my best to only teleport 2 Guardians. They will have to focus on the Oracles, and then you guys can just snipe them to death. Also, I will occasionally send the "detain" cage around Guardians who were teleported, so they'll have to shoot their way out of the detain cage AND kill the Oracles. You'll make short work of them when I can pull off this glitch.

Now obviously, some guardians are resilient and they may defeat you and leave with the Relic, in which case, I will be extremely vulnerable. So just in case that happens, I'm going to have to cheese the Guardians myself. And fortunately, I have a few tricks up my sleeve:

1) Portal Malfunction: One of my favorite strategies for cheesing Guardians is to shut down the portal system. They think the Portal is open, but they will actually walk right through it and they won't leave Mars or Venus! Its extremely disorienting for a Guardian, and its hilarious to watch!

2) Relic Shield malfunction: Guardians like to wuss out and all camp the center platform (where those worthless imported Kamakazi Harpies can't fly). They throw up their "Relic Bubble" and my guns can't penetrate the bubble. Or so they think. I have gotten very good at glitching the bubble shield so that my shots go right through them! I usually wait until my health is real low before activating this glitch, because when that happens, it REALLY breaks their spirits. And then hilarity ensues...

3) Zoo Attack: If all else fails, and these Guardians manage to fight their way through all our cheese attempts, I may have to resort to an all-out Zoo attack. I have an entire army of Monkeys, Giraffes, Camels, Centipedes, Zebras, Chimpanzees, Leopards, Turtles, Anteaters, Bees, and Lions. They can knock a Guardian out of combat for 10 minutes easy.

If somehow still they manage to beat me, no worries. I've got warehouses full of Legendary Sparrows and Ascendant Energies. You know the ball-pit at Chuck-E-Cheese? multiply that my 1,000; that's how many Ascendant Energies I have just layout around. If they win, I'll throw some glowy balls and sparrows at them. Oh, and maybe a Chatterwhite Shader. LOL!

Msg "Atheon" on XBL if you want to help with the cheese.

rNilla

New shaders are useless if we'll still have to grind for a random luck chance at a shader. Let them be purchased (and repurchased from the special orders vendor--or better yet increase the vault space).

Daemul

Misplaced confidence. DLC raid will start at 30.

Nah, he's right to be confident, since the level requirements for VoG on normal and hard are 26 and 30 respectively, 28 and 32 for normal and hard for CE is the safe bet.

The level 28 version of CE will be like the level 26 version of VoG is now, mobs start at 28 but by the last boss they'll be level 30.

Shito

I would kill for a purple shader and a brown ship.
Perfect.
|OT11| I would kill for a purple shader and a brown ship

New shaders are useless if we'll still have to grind for a random luck chance at a shader. Let them be purchased (and repurchased from the special orders vendor--or better yet increase the vault space).
Yes, make Xür stock up some random shaders each week, and give us a way to preview them before buying them.

darkwing

Bungie forum comments are hilarious. Take a look at this gem (sorry if it's been posted here before):

Rambo IIII Atheon here.

So good news! Bungie installed a railing around my crib so I stop falling, and man, life is great!! And you remember how I used to teleport the guys who were farthest away from me? You know, because the guys closest are easier for me to kill? Well, apparently Guardians realized that they could have their best players run away from me so they would get teleported and they were making short work of my portal teams... This wouldn't be a problem normally, but apparently the Kamakazi Harpies that I ordered from Amazon can't fly more than 18" off the ground, so these Guardian teams were just sticking their crappiest players on top of those pillars and the Harpies just sit below them and squawk.

Anyway, since Guardians can no longer cheese me, its time for us to cheese some Guardians!!
I'm looking for a group of lvl 30 Vex to cheese some Guardians on Hard Mode. I have the Guardian checkpoint. You don't need to be any good at killing Guardians; we're going to cheese the Guardians using some known glitches. This should take 1-2 hours. The exact time is unknown, because it depends on how badly the group of Guardians wants a 4th copy of the Legendary Sparrow. But typically, if we cheese/glitch kill them for about 90 minutes, at least one person in their group will start to break, and when that happens, victory is inevitable.

Need 6 Vex total, will split into 2 groups: -1 yellow Pretorian and 2 yellow Goblins will stand in Venus portal -3 yellow Hobgoblins will stand in Mars portal

Pretorians: no mic required. Really all you need is one hand; you're just going to mash melee. If a Guardian takes your health down with the Relic, we're going to glitch your health back to full. So again, no worries if you aren't good at killing Guardians. You just literally need to mash right bumper until the relic carrier dies. His friends will go blind, they'll die, and that's it! We're done! Rinse and repeat until their spirits are broken and they surrender.

Goblins: Your job is just to die while the health-regenerating Pretorian melee kills the Relic carrier. Literally just stand there and get shot. In fact, I might not even need players for these roles. I might just connect spare controllers and sign them into Live.

Hobgoblins: You guys are kind of outnumbered, so I'm going to use some glitches on Guardians to help you out. For example, if I teleport them to Mars (where you 3 will be standing), I'll try my best to only teleport 2 Guardians. They will have to focus on the Oracles, and then you guys can just snipe them to death. Also, I will occasionally send the "detain" cage around Guardians who were teleported, so they'll have to shoot their way out of the detain cage AND kill the Oracles. You'll make short work of them when I can pull off this glitch.

Now obviously, some guardians are resilient and they may defeat you and leave with the Relic, in which case, I will be extremely vulnerable. So just in case that happens, I'm going to have to cheese the Guardians myself. And fortunately, I have a few tricks up my sleeve:

1) Portal Malfunction: One of my favorite strategies for cheesing Guardians is to shut down the portal system. They think the Portal is open, but they will actually walk right through it and they won't leave Mars or Venus! Its extremely disorienting for a Guardian, and its hilarious to watch!

2) Relic Shield malfunction: Guardians like to wuss out and all camp the center platform (where those worthless imported Kamakazi Harpies can't fly). They throw up their "Relic Bubble" and my guns can't penetrate the bubble. Or so they think. I have gotten very good at glitching the bubble shield so that my shots go right through them! I usually wait until my health is real low before activating this glitch, because when that happens, it REALLY breaks their spirits. And then hilarity ensues...

3) Zoo Attack: If all else fails, and these Guardians manage to fight their way through all our cheese attempts, I may have to resort to an all-out Zoo attack. I have an entire army of Monkeys, Giraffes, Camels, Centipedes, Zebras, Chimpanzees, Leopards, Turtles, Anteaters, Bees, and Lions. They can knock a Guardian out of combat for 10 minutes easy.

If somehow still they manage to beat me, no worries. I've got warehouses full of Legendary Sparrows and Ascendant Energies. You know the ball-pit at Chuck-E-Cheese? multiply that my 1,000; that's how many Ascendant Energies I have just layout around. If they win, I'll throw some glowy balls and sparrows at them. Oh, and maybe a Chatterwhite Shader. LOL!

my poor sides

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How about a pocket infinity? Thats the only one I have :-(
You have it upgraded? Pocket Infinity will tear him apart

I was strongly considering swapping it in for Gjallarhorn during the hard raid last night because Oracles and the Green side Minotaur were our real problems; as much as I love the best-in-class DPS for Atheon that the Horn brings (and it is DEFINITELY worth having equipped for Gatekeepers), I think I'd have had more overall utility to my team, especially as a 29, running Pocket Infinity to spike Oracles and use Corrective Measure on the Minotaurs. TDYK didn't have the damage output to be as useful as possible at 29 :-/ Need to keep PI supplied with ammo, though...

Okay, another thing...

I would really like some hard vets to confirm this, but it seemed to me that hitting Oracles as soon as they spawned after being teleported, caused them to die MUCH faster, like an enormous difference. If it got to the point that multiple Oracles were hanging in the air untouched, we were pretty much boned (whereas on Normal recovering from that situation was my bread and butter). But if we started hitting them right as they spawned, in order, they didn't seem much more resilient than Normal Oracles. Has anyone else experienced this?

realcZk

But if we started hitting them right as they spawned, in order, they didn't seem much more resilient than Normal Oracles. Has anyone else experienced this?

Oracles spawn with 1200 HP and slowly grow to 3X00 HP the longer they are up. If you shoot them as soon as they spawn, you'll stop their HP from growing and lock them in at 1200 HP, making them easier to kill. Even if they show up and you can't kill them yet, put a bullet into them to lock them at 1200 HP for when you eventually get to it.

Daemul

It brings back memories of my undergrad. * shudders*

I wish factions sold their shaders, really want bittersteel from dead orbit.

Factions sold their respective shaders in the beta, I have no idea why they were removed. That shit should not be exclusively attainable through RNG.

Kalamari

You mean black, red and white?

I'd kill for that shader.

Ya, but the armor had sort of a grayish accent. But I would be willing to take either.

Everyone knows that the Titan is just Bungie's version of a Vanguard, we just need a shader to complete the package.

That one doesn't take pvp kills, just enemies. I went to the airplane boneyard on earth and with a blue machine gun equipped just delicately feathered the trigger to head shot dregs. It took me 1 heavy weapon bullet cake but I got it done in around an hour. You get 3 points per head shot kill.
Awesome, I'm gonna go for it, then.

Mrgamer

You have it upgraded? Pocket Infinity will tear him apart

I was strongly considering swapping it in for Gjallarhorn during the hard raid last night because Oracles and the Green side Minotaur were our real problems; as much as I love the best-in-class DPS for Atheon that the Horn brings (and it is DEFINITELY worth having equipped for Gatekeepers), I think I'd have had more overall utility to my team, especially as a 29, running Pocket Infinity to spike Oracles and use Corrective Measure on the Minotaurs. TDYK didn't have the damage output to be as useful as possible at 29 :-/ Need to keep PI supplied with ammo, though...

Okay, another thing...

I would really like some hard vets to confirm this, but it seemed to me that hitting Oracles as soon as they spawned after being teleported, caused them to die MUCH faster, like an enormous difference. If it got to the point that multiple Oracles were hanging in the air untouched, we were pretty much boned (whereas on Normal recovering from that situation was my bread and butter). But if we started hitting them right as they spawned, in order, they didn't seem much more resilient than Normal Oracles. Has anyone else experienced this?

If the first oracle is destroyed straight away all the rest are a walk in the park, the loger they stay up the harder is to get them down.

Kalamari

It's just maintenance, right? They won't be messing with updates or anything that could introduce even more glitches to VoG. My team is soooo close to flawless.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oracles spawn with 1200 HP and slowly grow to 3X00 HP the longer they are up. If you shoot them as they spawn, you'll stop their HP from growing and lock them in at 1200 HP, making them easier to kill.
brilliant, thank you, so glad it was not a perception trick. That explains my whole "I know I oneshot one with Golden Gun" experience too.

Okay, so that being known, Oracles are completely doable. this message is sort of meant for my group but is good info for all... our limiting factors were:

• 29s (including myself) getting oneshot by hobgoblins/being unable to oneshot hobgoblins with the relic
  • The Green side Minotaur pissing in everyone's cereal

Adaptations we should all make for next time:
  • As soon as you are teleported, either side, all three player throw their grenades down at the mobs there. On Mars/Red/Past/Left, the Relic holder can then grab the relic and catch their breath a second if the hobgoblin shields were triggered- there's no immediate threat to the Oracle killers like there is from the Minotaur on Venus/Green/Future/Right. On V/G/F/R, obviously, the Relic holder needs to go on to murder the Minotaur to the best of his ability
  • On Right/Green/Venus side, ONE person needs to continue helping the relic holder with the Minotaur, other person needs to immediately concentrate on Oracles after throwing their grenades. We'll have to call it as soon as we're ported, just after someone calls grabbing the relic, a second person will go "I'm helping with the minotaur, you get Oracles."

With these two tweaks our existing strategy would have worked more than fine. I'm still debating whether or not my loadout was ideal as a 29- might try Pocket Infinity for a round or two and see how it goes.

Zakalwe

Banned
I wish you were on Xbox One. I've been trying for about a week for some people to help me with a hard raid and haven't gotten any takers.

My friends I regularly play with are good at normal, but we aren't all 29, we have a couple 28s.

The three of us that are 29s would like to try hard mode, but having trouble finding people to do it with.

That level 29 bias I guess. :(

I wonder how many active Xbox players there are in this thread. I'm sure there are a few who's be willing to run with you.

Rambo IIII Atheon here.

Haha funniest thing ever. Too bad it's true.

FyreWulff

I think part of the reason the patches take so long is because this game is on last gen as well, and Bungie has to figure out how to add content within the confines of 512MB of RAM for content parity's sake. When DeeJ said on reddit that a lot of the UI mockup posts would be very "memory intensive" to implement, it got me thinking. Destiny is probably pushing 512MB ram to the limit as is, so any features they want to add to the game have to come to last gen as well as per a parity agreement they signed with Activision. Destiny could be a much larger scale game if it didn't have to abide by 8 year old hardware restrictions on nextgen hardware.

Console cert is general two weeks from submit to publish. Sometimes can be longer, depending on first party's backlog, and if they sent it back for something.

realcZk

Console cert is general two weeks from submit to publish. Sometimes can be longer, depending on first party's backlog, and if they sent it back for something.

What kinds of patches are certifications a requirement for? If the patch is delivered through the PSN/XBL patch delivery system, I could see it requiring certification. But are the developers allowed to build update systems within the game that can download patch content directly, maybe bypassing the requirement of delivering a certified patch through Sony/MS? For example, when I start Destiny and it says "Downloading Update", is that using the PSN/XBL delivery system on the backend? Does it even matter?

EDIT: Removed picture because it was showing installing in progress, not updating.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
god that sucks. and by two different manufacturers for 4 different pieces hardware. ugh :p
Is that using the PSN/XBL delivery system on the backend? Does it even matter?
Yes, absolutely it is- unless things really changed from PS3 to PS4, so far as I know there are NO client side changes that can be patched without requiring cert (and since they have to push them for all 4 on the same day, it wouldn't even really matter :'()

Rambo IIII Atheon here.

I'm dead. Holy shit soooooooo dead. LOL

brilliant, thank you, so glad it was not a perception trick. That explains my whole "I know I oneshot one with Golden Gun" experience too.

Okay, so that being known, Oracles are completely doable. this message is sort of meant for my group but is good info for all... our limiting factors were:

• 29s (including myself) getting oneshot by hobgoblins/being unable to oneshot hobgoblins with the relic

• As soon as you are teleported, either side, all three player throw their grenades down at the mobs there. On Mars/Red/Past/Left, the Relic holder can then grab the relic and catch their breath a second if the hobgoblin shields were triggered- there's no immediate threat to the Oracle killers like there is from the Minotaur on Venus/Green/Future/Right. On V/G/F/R, obviously, the Relic holder needs to go on to murder the Minotaur to the best of his ability
  • On Right/Green/Venus side, ONE person needs to continue helping the relic holder with the Minotaur, other person needs to immediately concentrate on Oracles after throwing their grenades. We'll have to call it as soon as we're ported, just after someone calls grabbing the relic, a second person will go "I'm helping with the minotaur, you get Oracles."

With these two tweaks our existing strategy would have worked more than fine. I'm still debating whether or not my loadout was ideal as a 29- might try Pocket Infinity for a round or two and see how it goes.

Hawkmoon + void 77 Wizard + Void MG = great loadout for entire hard raid (may want sniper for oracles if you're cheesing from above)

On the left side, if the relic guy don't double jump, he can sneek on the hobgoblins. Just run normally down the stairs.

If the relic guy is lvl 29, he can do the same thing, but near the hobgoblins, instead of just using R2, he can jump and R2.

patchday

I believe a single charge makes about 7-10 scatter shots.

1800 damage x 7-10 scatter shots = 12600-18000 damage x 5 (charge shots) = 63000-90000 damage

that excludes Weapons of Light buff.

Where's your god now, Athean?!

I've never seen that weapon drop

I am very concerned about the DLC. What is going to happen to all of our wonderful weapons? I am assuming since the cap is getting raised there will be new weapons with a higher damage cap.

That means all of my existing library of exotics and purples will become obsolete.

That's going to piss me off guys. Meaning the DLC can probably go eff itself off for me

Ran a normal raid group last night. One of our raiders, poor guy, was kicked out of the raid about 15 seconds after the last oracle was killed. He made it back in about 10 seconds after loot was distributed.

Shito

why not have the Guardian Outfitter sell different stuff each week? (you completely forgot about her, didn't you)
Heh, no I didn't, but it seems like they still want to maintain some shaders harder to obtain than others.
She definitively needs to sell more of them, common ones, and update her stock regularly.
But if they want to have some more "legendary shaders", Xür could stock those...

Anyways, I doubt they will change that anytime soon: they'll probably just add some more shaders to the pool / reward tables.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
that atheon party listing is glorious, hahahah

though I gotta say, I was braced for a clusterfuckstorm of glitches, and really didn't experience much :X Two people were ported once, and someone got ported out of his detain field once, every other failure (out of 12 or 15) was without a doubt execution on our part. Granted this says nothing at all about Flawless run glitches which I assume are a total shitshow.

Namikaze1

I've never seen that weapon drop

I am very concerned about the DLC. What is going to happen to all of our wonderful weapons? I am assuming since the cap is getting raised there will be new weapons with a higher damage cap.

That means all of my existing library of exotics and purples will become obsolete.

That's going to piss me off guys. Meaning the DLC can probably go eff itself off for me
It's a hard raid drop. I believe I got my first one from Templar while my second one was from Gatekeepers. I can't remember when it dropped.

LiK

Guardian Outfitter should just sell Achilles and Gilgamesh. I've seen nothing but those shaders drop. I want Thunderdevil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom