• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're level 30 and you have a GHorn. Trust me when I say that RNGesus loves you.

It's all relative my friend

Yup. You not only need to own it already, but also need to be in the mental state of NOT liking it that much. Only then RNGesus will drop several of those on your laps. Try practicing self-hypnosis. Tell yourself repeatedly: "I don't like the Ghorn. I don't need the Ghorn!"

Yeah that's so true. Got hard light for the third consecutive week in nightfall

Acrylic7

Fallen- Homeless people looking for refuge in old abandoned buildings on Earth after the Traveler destroyed their world. But everyday some Jackass wearing Master Chief ripoff armor equipped with an assortment of god like weaponry and a Magic rubik's cube raids their camp and murders them just for the hell of it.

Vex- Machines created to outmaneuver the unstoppable Darkness and the all Powerful traveler. Probably created by Humans or Rasputin in the future.

Cabal- A powerful race that searches for a way to destroy the Darkness and Traveler. They are pretty aggressive as a species though. They also want to be the most powerful force in the universe so that no one can contest them.

Hive- Advanced beings like humans whom see the Darkness as their God. The follow the light everywhere trying to consume it all. Or some shit I dunno

Guardians- Fools

Its fucking amazing how we don't know w fucking thing about anythi9ng in this game.

Deku Tree

What's better for oracles? Maxed Fatebringer (300 attack)? Or Maxed VoC (300 attack)?

I also just got Athens Epilogue last night, but it is not leveled at all.

raindoc

Ha. I have experienced that too. Especially when I tried to shoot Atheon with the Ghorn. The rocket just exploded right after it leaves the muzzle. It has killed me a few times and that also adds to my impression of Ghorn being less useful in the VoG.

To think that weapons we have nowadays already have this basic safety feature of not arming the warhead unless it has traveled a certain distance away from the launcher, preventing accidental fire at a close-by object from killing the shooter. The creators of the great Ghorn had to leave this feature out...

wait a sec... G'horn has the proximity-perk too? booooooooooo!

SkylineRKR

Isn't Truth much better in the portals? Its lock-on defeats even teleporting minotaurs, and its blast radius kills or should kill all mobs right away. Its less useful afterward, sure. though a quick swap is still possible. We use the middle platform strat, and usually only one guy shoots rockets by jumping upwards.

Rixa

Since I have done raid only once and the reward I got was Atheons Epiloque, I havent tested it in raid. But as the perk "Oracle Disruptor" says (and it has void dam) it does increased damage to Oracles, AE might be the best legendary main weapon to VoG raids?

Generally in PVE Iam loving it :p.

Zakalwe

Banned
Wait, so when I go to turn in bounties it levels all of my weapons, not just the ones I have equipped? That can't be right...

No. Someone spread the info that bounties spread their XP over all items you had equipped that required levelling. IE: 5k XP with five items meant 1k to each when it actually would give 5k to each.

Was just checking you didn't still go by this as your post kind of implied you were throwing all bounties at a single weapon.

Qwell

A brief recap of my last week or so in Destiny.

1. Give up on Gjallerhorn and buy the Truth from Xur

2. The next day I solo the nightfall hoping for the Last Word and get Gjallerhorn.

3. The next day I run through the raid hoping for boots or gloves and get my 2nd Vision of Confluence and my 2nd Gjallerhorn.

God damn it.
My brief recap

1. run full HM raid clear on my Hunter (who has more raid clears than my other chars) for the umpteenth time.... bunch of shards, still not a single piece of raid gear

2. run HM raid on lvl 30 Titan hoping beyond hope for fatebringer ... shards and 6th pradyth revenge and 6th Timebreaker

3. run HM raid on lvl 30 warlock hoping beyond hope for fatebringer ... 5 or 6th? chest and 3rd boots

good god i hate Bungie's timing with these damn maintenances.. THIRD time in a row when i have more time than usual to play and all i can do is stare at the title screen. god-fucking-damnit. next chance to play will be saturday... oh well.

i hate you Bungie

No. Someone spread the info that bounties spread their XP over all items you had equipped that required levelling. IE: 5k XP with five items meant 1k to each when it actually would give 5k to each.

Was just checking you didn't still go by this as your post kind of implied you were throwing all bounties at a single weapon.

I kept up this bullshit for ages. Fuck this guy who spread this rumour.

It probably wasn't his fault

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's better for oracles? Maxed Fatebringer (300 attack)? Or Maxed VoC (300 attack)?

pick your poison. Just hit the oracles as soon as they spawn!
Isn't Truth much better in the portals? Its lock-on defeats even teleporting minotaurs, and its blast radius kills or should kill all mobs right away. Its less useful afterward, sure. though a quick swap is still possible. We use the middle platform strat, and usually only one guy shoots rockets by jumping upwards.
6 of one, half dozen of the other I say. Wolfpack rounds cause an absolute massacre in those portals too
unless fired point-blank into an Oracle.

ocean

Banned

I might be mistaken but I remember reading Atheon's Epilogue being the fastest at killing Oracles because they are a special enemy. Apparently HC's have a DPS penalty against Oracles whereas Auto Rifles don't. Fatebringer is better against anything else (discounting Void shielded enemies) but Oracles are a special case.

Don't remember where VoC fell in this ranking though.

raindoc

I think the first loadout I'll try for next Atheon attempt will be Hawkmoon, 77, Corrective Measure. Possibly switching to Horn and popping a heavy synth when he's down to <33%. just the strategy adjustments I've learned today should go a long way.

my go-to setup for the Raid, using the mythoclast as primary (even after the nerf. with the upgraded mag, it's basically a second lmg - and not a bad one).

Since I have done raid only once and the reward I got was Atheons Epiloque, I havent tested it in raid. But as the perk "Oracle Disruptor" says (and it has void dam) it does increased damage to Oracles, AE might be the best legendary main weapon to VoG raids?

Generally in PVE Iam loving it :p.

All raid weapons have that perk. I use VoC or corrective measure

EL CUCO

VoC hands down. Just make sure to nab them as they spawn for less sponginess

I usually run a maxed out FB for the entire Raid up until Atheon for that reason.

lunlunqq

wait a sec... G'horn has the proximity-perk too? booooooooooo!

I think it's a glitch. Sometimes when you're firing it from inside the relic shield, it will explode and kill you. I've heard people making suggestions that Ghorn users have to jump up and out of the bubble to avoid killing themselves while firing...

Zakalwe

Banned

Ghorn has lock on.

Ghorn has Wolfpack rounds.

Gjallarhorn is the sound you hear when the world ends.

SkylineRKR

The corrective is a tad underrated, or its not that common. But its the most efficient Oracle killer I know of. Kills 4 or so on Heroic with one mag of 100. Could reload for another 100 but I usually initiate GG by then, and swap to AE afterward.

Ah gotcha. No, I actually hadn't even heard of that.

Deku Tree

I really hope we get an update today or soon. I really can't wait for the materials exchange thing that hopefully alleviates farming. I have completely lost interest in farming. But I keep getting new stuff that I want to upgrade like just yesterday AE.

Steroyd

I can only guess VoC. Fatebringer has that awful reload time that never helps if you ever fall behind in killing oracles, Aetheon's Epilogue is the opposite.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ghorn has lock on.

Ghorn has Wolfpack rounds.

Gjallarhorn is the sound you hear when the world ends.
Though a truth rocket blinks at the Minotaur shield and it's down. Honestly, either is a fine choice in the portals, Gjallarhorn just slightly edging it it out if you hit, Truth making it slightly easier to hit.

Hoo boy, against those Hive Ultra Wizards next month though....
The corrective is a tad underrated, or its not that common. But its the most efficient Oracle killer I know of. Kills 4 or so on Heroic with one mag of 100. Could reload for another 100 but I usually initiate GG by then, and swap to AE afterward.
Corrective Measure is good at everything. A lovely weapon. It's just a matter of whether your heavy ammo is right to expend into the Oracles rather than Minotaur/Atheon

Zakalwe

Banned
I think it's a glitch. Sometimes when you're firing it from inside the relic shield, it will explode and kill you. I've heard people making suggestions that Ghorn users have to jump up and out of the bubble to avoid killing themselves while firing...

Almost certain the only way you die inside the shield with a rocket is if you clip the side of the relic when you fire.

Though a truth rocket blinks at the Minotaur shield and it's down. Honestly, either is a fine choice in the portals, Gjallarhorn just slightly edging it it out if you hit, Truth making it slightly easier to hit.

Corrective Measure is good at everything. A lovely weapon. It's just a matter of whether your heavy ammo is right to expend into the Oracles rather than Minotaur/Atheon

Right, I just don't think it's worth switching if you want Ghorn outside. The loss of ammo isn't worth it.

It's a very fine launcher though. People probably write it off as they're caught in the Gjallarhype.

SkylineRKR

First run always 300 ammo I think. Afterwards still 200 (since I empty it there and only reload it when I hide from Atheon/before the next warp. Can do 3 runs with it, and after 3 runs we always kill him. For Atheon I prefer to use Praedyth or Patience and Time, since its a good 15 shots. Or wait for a 7th Ice Breaker shot (17k with WoL) when i'm just too lazy to change and use synth.

So how are you crackaddi.. uh i mean destinyaddicts holding up today?

Feels good tbh. I've actually started "kicking the habit" slowly, slowly, since Dragon Age is out next Tuesday. As much of a great game as Destiny is, I need to move on to other stuff and the only way for me to actually do this is by willingly not play the game. I feel like at this point the game has become more of a daily compulsion than anything else :p

lunlunqq

Haha, all those Ghorn talks made me think it would be interesting to make a video of breaking it down to energies and post it here. ;)

ocean

Banned
I really hope we get an update today or soon. I really can't wait for the materials exchange thing that hopefully alleviates farming. I have completely lost interest in farming. But I keep getting new stuff that I want to upgrade.
Tell me about it. I'm 160 Helium away from being level 30 on my Titan, and 80 Iron from 29 on my Warlock.

I'd like to upgrade Suros, the Mythoclast, VoC, Praedyth's Revenge, P&T and Hezen Vengeance but they all need Relic Iron. It's downright silly the amount of time I'm expected to stop enjoying the game and mindlessly run in circles looking for materials.

I'm just gonna wait for whatever alternative they offer. I'm dying to hit 30 so I can comfortably play Hard VoG but I'm not willing to farm mats like an idiot to get there.

Let’s take this time of maintenance to share our tinfoil hat theories!

The races following in the wake of the Darkness were once all homes to the Traveler, which then abandoned them in their time of need to save itself.

The Fallen were living in clans and fighting over resources, separate from one another and occasionally warring at the time the Traveler arrived. He united them to a greater purpose, allowing the Fallen to ascend to the stars where their needs could be fulfilled. They lived in peace for a long time until the Darkness came. The Traveler abandoned them, and the Fallen fell back into a system that while old-fashioned, was not forgotten. They banded together, forming their Houses, and though their world was destroyed by the Darkness, they followed in its wake to pursue the Traveler who had abandoned them and to claim a new home.

The Hive were a great people once with a caste-driven culture of nobility. Something dire happened and their whole world died, left ruined by a star's rage, or a plague, or worse. When the Traveler arrived it was a graveyard, but its energy brought the dead back to life, the Light reviving the dead culture and letting it rise again, more powerful than before. When the Darkness came, the Traveler abandoned these people it had rescued from death, and decay began to set in again. Fading fast, the Hive found a way to harden themselves against death with the power of the Darkness itself, draining the Light and sustaining their lives. They follow the Traveler now like carrion birds waiting for a bull elephant to die, hungry for the Light they can strip from its corpse.

The Cabal lived on a planet where there had once been an incredible, world-spanning war with an absolute and tyrannical leader. Entire generations had grown up in the military regime, and when there were finally no people left to fight, they grew stagnant. They stopped advancing as a culture, explaining why among the races they still rely on chemical reactions with gunpowder and rockets to attack instead of the laser weapons and energy wielded by the other races. The Traveler brought them purpose, inspiring them to reach beyond their globe and explore the stars around them, shrugging off their militaristic ways for a time. When it fled the Darkness, the Cabal was reintroduced to bloody conflict and once more took up the mantle of warlords. They used their new technology to reach out to the stars, and follow the Darkness in order to attain glory with new conquest.

The Vex are perhaps the strangest race, but kind of make sense in a way. Here's where my speculation gets (even more) stretched. Vader is Luke's father. The humans of the golden age created Warminds, great thinking machines that would, without doubt, be able to outlast the lifespan of something like the human race. Eventually the Traveler fled Earth as well, abandoning humans and leaving them to die. The Warmind survived, having been around for so long and absorbing so much data from the Traveler that it was able to enhance and imbue itself with the ability to project itself in a quantum state forward and back in time. Building a more and more advanced quantum array, it consumed the material left behind from mankind's fall and expanded to absorb the resources of the planet itself until in the immensely distant future, the Warminds merged to become the Minds of the Vex at the Black Garden, and in their understanding of time travel and the theory of the multiverse, they began to expand. Each time they found a version of themselves more powerful than the prior in another universe, they became supplicants. They merged their hive mind with its own, and in doing so expanded the network exponentially. With this endless loop established, the Vex finally establish enough computational energy to consume the Traveler in one of these multiverses, breaking down the space magic and energetic potential of it to form the Heart of the black garden. The humans are fighting a Warmind collective from an alternate universe where the Traveler chose to abandon the Earth.

There's no telling how long the previous falls of races took, or when the Traveler chose to abandon them. It may have been wounded grievously as it is now before it abandoned each of the races left in its wake. In time the Traveler may abandon Earth as well, and we'll just become another bitter race hunting it for revenge at bringing us back from restful death to fight a war for it.

Quoting for the next page. Good stuff, especially on the Vex. I hope Bungie actually put this much thought into the other races, as I'm looking forward to an actual story, either with the expansions, or at least with Destiny 2.

The Traveller has to be more than just some benign mobile miracle machine. Something stinks about the entire situation.

Deku Tree

Are we going to have a separate DLC topic for DLC1? Or do we just stay in this topic OT10-11-12-XX?

Asking to see what people want and expect.

I bought the MK8 DLC and I recently noticed they have a separate topic for the DLC now.
LOL I keep playing destiny and it consumes all my gaming time so no time for MK8 DLC.

Haha, all those Ghorn talks made me think it would be interesting to make a video of breaking it down to energies and post it here. ;)

tumblr_inline_mmsx4yboeZ1qz4rgp.gif

I still want ghorn really bad :(

CM is my weapon of choice for killing oracles and Minotaurs.

The next Raid is going to be even easier for me having a maxed VoC and IB. If I ever get a Ballerhorn? ohohoho Those Wizards/Witches are going to melt like butter and the Knights? I have a maxed Supremacy and a new Timepiece for you! I should have the latter maxed by the time the DLC hits. I will admit the idea of a pack of lvl 32 Thralls mad dashing and getting a swipe in while I'm zooming in on a Wizard sounds rough, however.

Please do at your own peril ;p It's crazy that you haven't seen how amazing this weapon is, there are videos of Aethon going down in seconds for crying out loud. Now just imagine having one for the new Raid where the strongest enemies are weak to Solar...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Feels good tbh. I've actually started "kicking the habit" slowly, slowly, since Dragon Age is out next Tuesday. As much of a great game as Destiny is, I need to move on to other stuff and the only way for me to actually do this is by willingly not play the game. I feel like at this point the game has become more of a daily compulsion than anything else :p

I don't even play anymore, outside of 3 nightfalls on Tuesday. Wont' even do a raid this week. Dragon Age next week means no Destiny at all probably until December. Feels good. My total hour count still sits at something ridiculous, a few hundred hours.

Tell me about it. I'm 160 Helium away from being level 30 on my Titan, and 80 Iron from 29 on my Warlock.

I'd like to upgrade Suros, the Mythoclast, VoC, Praedyth's Revenge, P&T and Hezen Vengeance but they all need Relic Iron. It's downright silly the amount of time I'm expected to stop enjoying the game and mindlessly run in circles looking for materials.

I'm just gonna wait for whatever alternative they offer. I'm dying to hit 30 so I can comfortably play Hard VoG but I'm not willing to farm mats like an idiot to get there.

If there's no one else farming then you can get 50+ materials in 10-15min. The problem is when others are farming the chests dry up. And you don't have to do them all at once. Just spend 10 minutes here and there farming or when you're doing bounties. I honestly never have an issue with farming for materials. I guess my tolerance for tedious and boring is higher than most

Deku Tree

Yeah that's exactly how I feel too. It was a terrible idea to have this kind of farming being required in a game like this. I have like 300 Vanguard marks across three characters that I don't want to spend on anything. I can buy Vanguard rep with Materials, why I can buy materials with Marks?

Pickman

If there's no one else farming then you can get 50+ materials in 10-15min. The problem is when others are farming the chests dry up. And you don't have to do them all at once. Just spend 10 minutes here and there farming or when you're doing bounties. I honestly never have an issue with farming for materials. I guess my tolerance for tedious and boring is higher than most

Best bet is if you see someone else farming, just run to catch up with them and follow along. Farming is better in groups!

Controversial opinion. I like my Lord High Fixer more than my fully upgraded The Last Word. More impact and more ammo and radar always on.

LiK

Farming was a bad idea. I see people spend so much time farming shit instead of playing the other modes. I can't believe they made leveling up such a stupid chore. wtf was Bungie thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom