• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

If there's no one else farming then you can get 50+ materials in 10-15min. The problem is when others are farming the chests dry up. And you don't have to do them all at once. Just spend 10 minutes here and there farming or when you're doing bounties. I honestly never have an issue with farming for materials. I guess my tolerance for tedious and boring is higher than most

I need to go farming with you. I have upgraded so many things and farmed so much, and watched all the videos, and tried all the techniques, and I have never gotten "50+ materials in 10-15min."

if i'm farming for mats i usually go to the area the next public event will (hopefully) appear that way i can do two things at once, add bounties to that and you can get things done.

Zakalwe

Banned
If there's no one else farming then you can get 50+ materials in 10-15min. The problem is when others are farming the chests dry up. And you don't have to do them all at once. Just spend 10 minutes here and there farming or when you're doing bounties. I honestly never have an issue with farming for materials. I guess my tolerance for tedious and boring is higher than most

50+ in 10-15 minutes?

Is there a video for this?

LiK

Worst pub events are the kill Targets on Mars. Holy shit these guys take like 4-5 guys continuously shooting to kill them with their shields and defense.

Pickman

It definitely is especially if you can communicate

Wave, Dance, then run ahead of them on the loop to the next chest and stand there waiting for them, point, and then open it. That's always worked for me. Shows you're not trying to steal and that you want to work together.

ocean

Banned
I don't want to come across as salty or like I'm calling you out but is that a realistic estimate? I'd much appreciate, honestly, a video or even just a description of where to do this since I need a few hundred materials (mainly Iron really)

EL CUCO

Farming was a bad idea. I see people spend so much time farming shit instead of playing the other modes. I can't believe they made leveling up such a stupid chore. wtf was Bungie thinking?

I farmed spirit bloom for almost 2 hrs last night...I wanted to shoot myself, yet I couldn't stop. Atleast I maxed out CM in my efforts :)

:p

I'm so frustrated right now. *sigh*

COD will do that to you :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ARight, I just don't think it's worth switching if you want Ghorn outside. The loss of ammo isn't worth it.
There's no way, yeah. Stick your launcher and pick to it. wait
It's a very fine launcher though. People probably write it off as they're caught in the Gjallarhype.
Truth.
Wait till you get a Hawkmoon...
hah yeah. Though he'll miss Third Eye.

Thorn and TLW are unique, finesse weapons with their own playstyles and approaches to building around. They're not like any other hand cannons. Hawkmoon on the other hand is just is the best of all the handcannons that it is like.
:p

I'm so frustrated right now. *sigh*
was wrong?

Deku Tree

Worst pub events are the kill Targets on Mars. Holy shit these guys take like 4-5 guys continuously shooting to kill them with their shields and defense.

The worst part about those missions even on earth is the timer says you have five minutes but the dude has a huge shield that recharges quickly and runs to the teleport spot in about one minute and then the event is over.

The thing about Mars chest farming and why it's so good is because there is a ridiculous amount of locations where chests can spawn(I think up to 15 locations; do not quote me on this, I don't know for certain) and if it takes 5 minutes(assuming you are a blind person) to do 1 round of the chest run, with at least 6 chests showing up and 50% of them rolling two mats each, you've got 27 Mats in 15 minutes.
And that's not even taking into account you could get the Rare Engram chest

breakfuss

I need to go farming with you. I have upgraded so many things and farmed so much, and watched all the videos, and tried all the techniques, and I have never gotten "50+ materials in 10-15min."

Yea, I know exactly what he's talking about after another fellow gaffer showed me how it worked. They can probably explain it better but the key is to make sure no other players are around (unless you're farming together). Mats/chests respawn if you quickly leave their vicinity. Rinse/repeat. Makes it significantly less tedious.

LiK

The worst part about those missions even on earth is the timer says you have five minutes but the dude has a huge shield that recharges quickly and runs to the teleport spot in about one minute and then the event is over.

Yea, I basically ignore all kill target pub events now. A huge waste of time.

SkylineRKR

I think its always shit to see Relic Iron is needed. Helium is no problem, i'm stacked with that and I farm it really quickly. RI can probably be as fast but I have not tried the best area yet, wanted to for my final Suros upgrades but maintenance kicked in.

Those target kill events seem to glitch out when I rocket them. I rather use HMG.

If you see anyone else farming join them. It's best if you are doing it with a group of friends but it's not necessary. Most important is to wear a headset so you can hear and pinpoint chests/materials. I can't stress how important sound is

LordofPwn

Explosive Rounds Crit. Someone was wondering yesterday, i found out late last night/this morning. post went un-noticed. can answer questions if you have any.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
My brief recap

1. run full HM raid clear on my Hunter (who has more raid clears than my other chars) for the umpteenth time.... bunch of shards, still not a single piece of raid gear

2. run HM raid on lvl 30 Titan hoping beyond hope for fatebringer ... shards and 6th pradyth revenge and 6th Timebreaker

3. run HM raid on lvl 30 warlock hoping beyond hope for fatebringer ... 5 or 6th? chest and 3rd boots

If you want raid gear, run normal and then hard. The chance for raid gear drops when you run hard as you're rolling the hard loot table which has more items.

LiK

I think its always shit to see Relic Iron is needed. Helium is no problem, i'm stacked with that and I farm it really quickly. RI can probably be as fast but I have not tried the best area yet, wanted to for my final Suros upgrades but maintenance kicked in.

Just go to Scablands for Iron Relic. It's basically the Rocketyard for Mars.

Rixa

Helium is nice and easy to get, Spinmetal was farmed when I leveled + doing bounty, Spirit Bloom comes easy when doing patrol in Venus. But the RI is utterly shit to get.

I need to test this.

spyder_ur

The thing about Mars chest farming and why it's so good is because there is a ridiculous amount of locations where chests can spawn(I think up to 15 locations; do not quote me on this, I don't know for certain) and if it takes 5 minutes(assuming you are a blind person) to do 1 round of the chest run, with at least 6 chests showing up and 50% of them rolling two mats each, you've got 27 Mats in 15 minutes.
And that's not even taking into account you could get the Rare Engram chest

Do you use the one where the Vex fight the Cabal? That's what I've done, but getting tired of it. Is there a better one?

ocean

Banned
Anyone want to guess what the price of mats is gonna be? I'm thinking 25 mats for 10 marks - is this a crazy expectation?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yea, I basically ignore all kill target pub events now. A huge waste of time.
lol... my favorite public event type. :-x I can solo them on my Hunter

I like encountering an actual challenge out in the open world... past level 20 all the public events are pretty darn easy

Anyone want to guess what the price of mats is gonna be? I'm thinking 25 mats for 10 marks - is this a crazy expectation?
yes... yes it is. that would be the deal of the epoch.

spyder_ur

Is it confirmed there is going to be trading of marks for mats? Or are people just guessing from the note about new economies for materials?

LiK

lol... my favorite public event type. :-x I can solo them on my Hunter

I like encountering an actual challenge out in the open world... past level 20 all the public events are pretty darn easy

All my Targets are huge bullet sponges. I fought a Praetorian with 4 randoms and we didn't kill him. Everyone shot everything at him including Supers. Harder than any bosses from Strikes.

Gordon

Are armor piercing rounds particularly useful for anything? I picked up a stock Shadow Price and I'm assuming I'll want the range perk, but I've never really used AP rounds.

Zakalwe

Banned
If you see anyone else farming join them. It's best if you are doing it with a group of friends but it's not necessary. Most important is to wear a headset so you can hear and pinpoint chests/materials. I can't stress how important sound is

You said you can run 10-15 minutes for 50+ materials.

Could you share the exact locations and routes please?

Deku Tree

Is it confirmed there is going to be trading of marks for mats? Or are people just guessing from the note about new economies for materials?

Nothing has been confirmed but Deej made a vague comment about a new materials exhange and responded to a topic on reddit complaining about farming saying we hear you and a fix of some sort is in the works.

Qwell

Corrective Measure is good at everything. A lovely weapon. It's just a matter of whether your heavy ammo is right to expend into the Oracles rather than Minotaur/Atheon
Yah I love Corrective Measure, I have 3 of them at MAX so I don't have to bother swapping it between characters. Helps that I have never really been much of an RL user, I'm starting to use them a bit more now though. And of course I'm pining for the Ghorn, wish I had known about strange coins when it was being sold by Xur ...

Karl2177

Nah. Definitely see them starting it at 28. They are adding a 26 level strike playlist and that will help fill out the level gaps for things to do at different levels.

Nah, he's right to be confident, since the level requirements for VoG on normal and hard are 26 and 30 respectively, 28 and 32 for normal and hard for CE is the safe bet.

The level 28 version of CE will be like the level 26 version of VoG is now, mobs start at 28 but by the last boss they'll be level 30.

30 Normal, 33 Hard

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Controversial opinion. I like my Lord High Fixer more than my fully upgraded The Last Word. More impact and more ammo and radar always on.

Isn't that controversial. LHF from the vendor is a monster. You can snipe with it. I usually tend to skew towards the more PvP centric weapons myself. I like range and accuracy and if thats your thing LHF is a no brainer. However I do love my Thorn and TLW but they do require a different approach.

ocean

Banned
I'm thinking since they "buy" mats at 10 per mark (you can exchange 100 mats for 10 marks) they'd give us 1/4 that rate when "selling" mats (10 marks for 25 mats). Let me dream, Hawk...let me dream.

Even at 1:1 I'd take it though. Tiger strikes until I hit cap, happily. At less than that I'd feel robbed but still prefer it even though it'd be slower just because it'd be less boring.

Qwell

I suck at guessing, but what I would like are a few different options, maybe
- marks for x amount
- glimmer for y amount (reaeaaaallllly need more uses for glimmer)
- strike playlists and crucible have a random chance to drop n amount

nowai

When I want to farm mats, I force my router to block most PSN traffic, putting me in NAT type 3.

The servers will have a very hard time pairing you with other people, giving you full access to all the chests and material spawn points.

ocean

Banned
I suck at guessing, but what I would like are a few different options, maybe
- marks for x amount
- glimmer for y amount (reaeaaaallllly need more uses for glimmer)
- strike playlists and crucible have a random chance to drop n amount
Im hoping for Marks since I have zero use for them. Once you have good Raid and Exotic weapons, the list of vendor weapons worth picking up is rather limited and by now we probably have the ones we want via drops or having already bought them. Running Raids and Heroic strikes makes me use enough synthesizers that I never feel I have surplus glimmer but I wouldn't mind a glimmer price either. Hell I'd even pay strange coins if need be.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Three raids played on my Titan alt and still no gear. Oh well, still praying RNGesus for bestowing on me the glory that is Hawkmoon last night in a raid chest.

If you ever get the opportunity to play with Kor of Memory, do it. Enjoyable chap, had a blast in his party last night.

Totally agree with this. Good guy.

Edit: Also, can't remember if I posted this, but I'm going to 30!! Got my Titan arms last night on normal with Gaffer raid. FINALLY!!!!

Deku Tree

When I want to farm mats, I force my router to block most PSN traffic, putting me in NAT type 3.

The servers will have a very hard time pairing you with other people, giving you full access to all the chests and material spawn points.

How do you do that? Any instructions for how to do that with an apple airport router anywhere?

Hung Wei Lo

Everyone wants something they can't get. I was lucky to hit 30 in only about 5 raids.

But can't get the mythoclast, hawkmoon, or gjallahorn for the life of me.

Some need gear, some need weapons. Such is the life...

I hear you...like I was saying in one of my last posts, my buddy got a killahorn. He actually complained about it (mind you, he just wants shards so he can hit 29) All I want are some shiny new special & heavy weapons to compliment my IB

Best bet is if you see someone else farming, just run to catch up with them and follow along. Farming is better in groups!

Ulgh. There was some random who started farming in Skywatch with me the other day. He's doing a route, so I fall in behind him. I'm level 30, he's level 24. You think he might follow me. But no, he is skipping like 6 spawn locations for every one he's hitting. I try pointing, I try dancing. I try shooting at him for heaven's sake. But he will not stop with his incredibly inefficient route. I had to leave the area.

SkylineRKR

One Strange coin for 32 mats, would be down for that.

Yeah its where I wanted to go. I mostly sticked to Buried City, which is nice when Vex majors need to be killed but otherwise not that efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom