• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

Yes, that's definitely a solid approach. The Rocket is more valuable there than fired into Atheon. I had come to this determination after a few wipes as well and was ready to fuck his shit up with the Horn.

Result:
I have done this exact same thing. It was embarrassing.

Honestly, so long as people toss grenades, relic holder is usually fine. Grenades also don't trigger the teleportation of doom, usually.

Damn. No kidding, I didn't think that hitting R2 on the ground did anything at all. I wonder what I've been doing wrong -_-
I don't think a lot of people know about the R2 shoulder like charge while on the ground slam. Even in this thread, OT9 or OT8?, people were listing what buttons did what and leaving it out.

Ha. I have experienced that too. Especially when I tried to shoot Atheon with the Ghorn. The rocket just exploded right after it leaves the muzzle. It has killed me a few times and that also adds to my impression of Ghorn being less useful in the VoG.

To think that weapons we have nowadays already have this basic safety feature of not arming the warhead unless it has traveled a certain distance away from the launcher, preventing accidental fire at a close-by object from killing the shooter. The creators of the great Ghorn had to leave this feature out...

It's been said, but it was probably the relic shield / relic. Don't use it inside the relic bubble.

Gjallahorn allows us to kill the Venus gatekeeper so fast the snipers never spawn, it's crazy.

You said you can run 10-15 minutes for 50+ materials.

Could you share the exact locations and routes please?

The usual places.

Earth - rocket yard
Moon - archer's line and anchor of light
Venus - ember caves and the entire map in general. I get on my sparrow Nd just go in a loop. Those green spirit blooms are hard to miss
Mars - I prefer going with a friend and just running around the barrens. It's so vast and needs more than one person but there's tons of chests and relic iron everywhere

I don't know how else to explain it. Of course I don't get that many every single run but I always try to collect as much as I can whenever I'm playing. I just never have an issue with materials. Like right now I need around 200 relic iron to upgrade some stuff but I'm not upgrading them all simultaneously so I'm not gonna stress over materials. I'll go farm whenever I have free time.

Zakalwe

Banned
The usual places.

Earth - rocket yard
Moon - archer's line and anchor of light
Venus - ember caves and the entire map in general. I get on my sparrow Nd just go in a loop. Those green spirit blooms are hard to miss
Mars - I prefer going with a friend and just running around the barrens. It's so vast and needs more than one person but there's tons of chests and relic iron everywhere

I don't know how else to explain it. Of course I don't get that many every single run but I always try to collect as much as I can whenever I'm playing. I just never have an issue with materials. Like right now I need around 200 relic iron to upgrade some stuff but I'm not upgrading them all simultaneously so I'm not gonna stress over materials. I'll go farm whenever I have free time.

Ok, just 10-15 minutes. For 50+? I've not experienced anything like that in hundreds of hours of play.

It was either an exaggeration or I'm doing something very wrong.

Ok, just 10-15 minutes. For 50+? I've not experienced anything like that in hundreds of hours of play.

Read my post again. "If there's nobody else farming". im not exaggerating. A shit load of materials spawn in those areas everyone knows about. If there's nobody else farming you can easily get 50+ in 10-15min. The problem is usually there is someone else farming and sometimes it's hard to find them

Unless if it was completely broken in PVP, it won't be nerfed,

200_s.gif

Arrrammis

Finally got my gauntlets for my warlock last night, leveling to 30 now (raid boots, helm, gauntlets and Heart of Praxic Fire). Then thought, ah, what the hell, might as well run the hard mode again with my alt warlock. Results: 4 raid boots(all different stats), another raid helm, raid chest, hand cannon, sparrow, and VoC. Why the hell couldn't I have gotten these results the first time!?! Or second time!?! or 10th time!?!

I can get about 50 mats in about 20 mins on both the moon and earth. Not sure how to do it on Mars or Venus.

Finally got my gauntlets for my warlock last night, leveling to 30 now (raid boots, helm, gauntlets and Heart of Praxic Fire). Then thought, ah, what the hell, might as well run the hard mode again with my alt warlock. Results: 4 raid boots(all different stats), another raid helm, hand cannon, sparrow, and VoC. Why the hell couldn't I have gotten these results the first time!?! Or second time!?! or 10th time!?!

I feel very lucky -- I ran the normal raid twice, cheesed hard mode twice and I got raid helmet, raid gloves and raid boots. I also have Heart of Praxic Fire, Apotheosis Veil and Sunbreakers. Also JUST picked up Gjallarhorn during the Nightfall this week. I feel VERY fortunate. Just missing the raid gloves (which I kinda want because of Praxic Fire).

Rixa

Not if Santa has a say in it :(

Yes, it takes two shots to kill a dreg!
Oh my, laughing so hard, I havent really played with rockets (using machine guns) but the image in my mind is so Gjallarihous...

[OT11] Gjallarbaby,shoot twice to kill Dreg

Bought the A1.HASTAG09813AMPERSAND802030923 from the Vanguard vendor last night.

The stats seem somewhat similar to the VoC (less the elemental burn). It has Firefly which I hear is pretty awesome.

Why aren't more people talking about the gun? I took it out for a quick spin right after I bought it and, even completely un-upgraded, it feels like a pretty awesome weapon.

Curious to get opinions from others. Anyone out there use it extensively? Thoughts?

Maybe it was just my group, but Nightfall seemed harder this week. My group wiped three times before getting to the Archon Priest.

I guess I didn't have legendary arc weapons (just rare ones) so that made things a little bit difficult, but between being one-shotted by hobgoblins and being punched by dregs, we were all going down way too easily.

gdt

I'm gonna run a normal raid later, probably when the servers are up. I'm a 29 hunter with Voc and Corrective measures (both oracle weapons) with lots of experience. I'm bringing a friend for her first raid and she's a 26 Titan. So we'll have to carry her a bit but it will all be ok.

Anyone ready around that time (I guess 3pm est?) just message me and we'll start getting a group together.

Ps4 gdt5016

Arrrammis

Bought the A1.HASTAG09813AMPERSAND802030923 from the Vanguard vendor last night.

The stats seem somewhat similar to the VoC (less the elemental burn). It has Firefly which I hear is pretty awesome.

Why aren't more people talking about the gun? I took it out for a quick spin right after I bought it and, even completely un-upgraded, it feels like a pretty awesome weapon.

Curious to get opinions from others. Anyone out there use it extensively? Thoughts?

I used it quite a bit, then I got VoC from the raid and used that for the elemental damage. The A1 steak sauce is a pretty good gun, very good if you are into higher alpha damage scout rifles.

LordofPwn

Maybe it was just my group, but Nightfall seemed harder this week. My group wiped three times before getting to the Archon Priest.

I guess I didn't have legendary arc weapons (just rare ones) so that made things a little bit difficult, but between being one-shotted by hobgoblins and being punched by dregs, we were all going down way too easily.

you made them angry. always stay back. Clear out the hobgobs first, then take down captains/minatours, mow down dregs goblins and whatever else last but always keep your distance.

I have it and it's a very good but I have VoC and MIDA so I don't use it much. MIDA isn't anything special but it feels and sounds great

Zakalwe

Banned
Read my post again. "If there's nobody else farming". im not exaggerating. A shit load of materials spawn in those areas everyone knows about. If there's nobody else farming you can easily get 50+ in 10-15min. The problem is usually there is someone else farming and sometimes it's hard to find them

I read it the first time. I've got around 15 pieces of armour, 10 exotics, and 10 legendaries maxed. Many more upgraded to their second unique upgrade.

I know all the spots in all the areas, I regularly farm without anyone else present, and I've never seen 50+ in 10-15 minutes.

Would love to see a video of anyone making this much in that amount of time. 50+ on 10-15 minutes is definitely not something you can do "easily" in my experience.

I'd like to see where I'm going wrong.

Carn82

I use it a lot; great scout; I always have it with me. Havent gotten VoC yet so can't compare, but A2303q9s.s,m2092 ia is great imho.

Mrgamer

Soloed it and did a flawless.(no self reviving)
Me and another gaffer died twice.(no wipe)
me and 2 gaffers died 4 times.(no wipe)

Enemies take more damage with more people.

Pickman

I read it the first time. I've got around 15 pieces of armour, 10 exotics, and 10 legendaries maxed. Many more upgraded to their second unique upgrade.

I know all the spots in all the areas, I regularly farm without anyone else present, and I've never seen 50+ in 10-15 minutes.

Would love to see a video of anyone making this much in that amount of time. 50+ on 10-15 minutes is definitely not something you can do "easily" in my experience.

I'd like to see where I'm going wrong.

Only way I can think of it happening is with a crit chest. An engram, an ammo pack, and like 10-15 mats tossed in. My buddy got 3 in a row the other night, lucky bastard. I haven't gotten one in 4 days.

Zakalwe

Banned
50+ in 10-15 min got a lot of attention. Dat thirst

You'd better believe it. I would like to max all the weapons I use and it's going to take forever at my standard rate.

If I can really get them that quickly I /need/ to know how. :3

Only way I can think of it happening is with a crit chest. An engram, an ammo pack, and like 10-15 mats tossed in. My buddy got 3 in a row the other night, lucky bastard. I haven't gotten one in 4 days.

Yeh, I see them a couple of times a week maybe...

Shito

Just today, myself and another gaffer recommended this gun to someone asking about which legendary SR to buy. :)
It's an awesome gun, I've been using it for a few weeks now and I adore it. Good impact, huge range, and that devastating Firefly perk = small sniper rifle with more flexibility <3
I've also been lucky to loot another one, which immediately went to my alt.

ocean

Banned
Is it possible to hit 25 with only 2 lengedary armor without fully upgrading them?
Legendary gear starts at +18 light and goes up to +27. Exotics start at +21 and go up to +30. Raid gear starts at +18 but also go up to +30.

Requires light per level:
Level 24: Requires 54 Light.
• Level 25: Requires 65 Light.
• Level 26: Requires 76 Light.
• Level 27: Requires 87 Light.
• Level 28: Requires 98 Light.
• Level 29: Requires 109 Light.
• Level 30: Requires 120 Light.

Hope this helps. For level 25 you'd need those two legendaries at +22 each (2 upgrades on each) for 44 light and then some blue armor with a little light on each to take you up to 65, which is doable.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
You have it upgraded? Pocket Infinity will tear him apart

I was strongly considering swapping it in for Gjallarhorn during the hard raid last night because Oracles and the Green side Minotaur were our real problems; as much as I love the best-in-class DPS for Atheon that the Horn brings (and it is DEFINITELY worth having equipped for Gatekeepers), I think I'd have had more overall utility to my team, especially as a 29, running Pocket Infinity to spike Oracles and use Corrective Measure on the Minotaurs. TDYK didn't have the damage output to be as useful as possible at 29 :-/ Need to keep PI supplied with ammo, though...

Okay, another thing...

I would really like some hard vets to confirm this, but it seemed to me that hitting Oracles as soon as they spawned after being teleported, caused them to die MUCH faster, like an enormous difference. If it got to the point that multiple Oracles were hanging in the air untouched, we were pretty much boned (whereas on Normal recovering from that situation was my bread and butter). But if we started hitting them right as they spawned, in order, they didn't seem much more resilient than Normal Oracles. Has anyone else experienced this?

Regarding the Oracles, I can confirm that others and myself have experienced this as well. Pretty sure somebody else mentioned it in one of these threads too. They seem to gain health as they grow, so get on them immediately and you'll save ammo/time.

Rixa

Ive gotten twice crit chesst. Both time had 2 blue engrams, 11 & 12 mats and another had ammo pack too (so 5 items). I was wtf when I first time got it, by that time I didnt know about chest crits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom