• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Bought the A1.HASTAG09813AMPERSAND802030923 from the Vanguard vendor last night.

The stats seem somewhat similar to the VoC (less the elemental burn). It has Firefly which I hear is pretty awesome.

Why aren't more people talking about the gun? I took it out for a quick spin right after I bought it and, even completely un-upgraded, it feels like a pretty awesome weapon.

Curious to get opinions from others. Anyone out there use it extensively? Thoughts?

I should grab it

EL CUCO

Bungie forum comments are hilarious. Take a look at this gem (sorry if it's been posted here before):

Rambo IIII Atheon here.

So good news! Bungie installed a railing around my crib so I stop falling, and man, life is great!! And you remember how I used to teleport the guys who were farthest away from me? You know, because the guys closest are easier for me to kill? Well, apparently Guardians realized that they could have their best players run away from me so they would get teleported and they were making short work of my portal teams... This wouldn't be a problem normally, but apparently the Kamakazi Harpies that I ordered from Amazon can't fly more than 18" off the ground, so these Guardian teams were just sticking their crappiest players on top of those pillars and the Harpies just sit below them and squawk.

Anyway, since Guardians can no longer cheese me, its time for us to cheese some Guardians!!
I'm looking for a group of lvl 30 Vex to cheese some Guardians on Hard Mode. I have the Guardian checkpoint. You don't need to be any good at killing Guardians; we're going to cheese the Guardians using some known glitches. This should take 1-2 hours. The exact time is unknown, because it depends on how badly the group of Guardians wants a 4th copy of the Legendary Sparrow. But typically, if we cheese/glitch kill them for about 90 minutes, at least one person in their group will start to break, and when that happens, victory is inevitable.

Need 6 Vex total, will split into 2 groups: -1 yellow Pretorian and 2 yellow Goblins will stand in Venus portal -3 yellow Hobgoblins will stand in Mars portal

Pretorians: no mic required. Really all you need is one hand; you're just going to mash melee. If a Guardian takes your health down with the Relic, we're going to glitch your health back to full. So again, no worries if you aren't good at killing Guardians. You just literally need to mash right bumper until the relic carrier dies. His friends will go blind, they'll die, and that's it! We're done! Rinse and repeat until their spirits are broken and they surrender.

Goblins: Your job is just to die while the health-regenerating Pretorian melee kills the Relic carrier. Literally just stand there and get shot. In fact, I might not even need players for these roles. I might just connect spare controllers and sign them into Live.

Hobgoblins: You guys are kind of outnumbered, so I'm going to use some glitches on Guardians to help you out. For example, if I teleport them to Mars (where you 3 will be standing), I'll try my best to only teleport 2 Guardians. They will have to focus on the Oracles, and then you guys can just snipe them to death. Also, I will occasionally send the "detain" cage around Guardians who were teleported, so they'll have to shoot their way out of the detain cage AND kill the Oracles. You'll make short work of them when I can pull off this glitch.

Now obviously, some guardians are resilient and they may defeat you and leave with the Relic, in which case, I will be extremely vulnerable. So just in case that happens, I'm going to have to cheese the Guardians myself. And fortunately, I have a few tricks up my sleeve:

1) Portal Malfunction: One of my favorite strategies for cheesing Guardians is to shut down the portal system. They think the Portal is open, but they will actually walk right through it and they won't leave Mars or Venus! Its extremely disorienting for a Guardian, and its hilarious to watch!

2) Relic Shield malfunction: Guardians like to wuss out and all camp the center platform (where those worthless imported Kamakazi Harpies can't fly). They throw up their "Relic Bubble" and my guns can't penetrate the bubble. Or so they think. I have gotten very good at glitching the bubble shield so that my shots go right through them! I usually wait until my health is real low before activating this glitch, because when that happens, it REALLY breaks their spirits. And then hilarity ensues...

3) Zoo Attack: If all else fails, and these Guardians manage to fight their way through all our cheese attempts, I may have to resort to an all-out Zoo attack. I have an entire army of Monkeys, Giraffes, Camels, Centipedes, Zebras, Chimpanzees, Leopards, Turtles, Anteaters, Bees, and Lions. They can knock a Guardian out of combat for 10 minutes easy.

If somehow still they manage to beat me, no worries. I've got warehouses full of Legendary Sparrows and Ascendant Energies. You know the ball-pit at Chuck-E-Cheese? multiply that my 1,000; that's how many Ascendant Energies I have just layout around. If they win, I'll throw some glowy balls and sparrows at them. Oh, and maybe a Chatterwhite Shader. LOL!

Msg "Atheon" on XBL if you want to help with the cheese.

Holy crap. Just got around to reading this. I will never look at the Atheon encounter the same again. Lol

I should grab it

I think you should too. I had more Vanguard marks than I knew what to do with. Went over to the Vanguard QM and decided on the scout rifle (mainly because of all the VoC hype). Perks are really solid and the stats line up with VoC VERY closely so I figured I'd give it a whirl. I was not disappointed. Going to upgrade it with some bounties tonight and then hit the normal (or hard if I can put six people together) raid with it to see how it holds up.

Side note: didn't you play some PvP with us the other night? Bytestyle, Skamawall, Shep and GKW212 (me)?

LiK

"Looking for 6 level 30 vex to cheese Guardians, I have checkpoint". This is genius, those guys at Bungie forums are insane :p

Thanks for posting that. Pretty hilarious post.

I think you should too. I had more Vanguard marks than I knew what to do with. Went over to the Vanguard QM and decided on the scout rifle (mainly because of all the VoC hype). Perks are really solid and the stats line up with VoC VERY closely so I figured I'd give it a whirl. I was not disappointed. Going to upgrade it with some bounties tonight and then hit the normal (or hard if I can put six people together) raid with it to see how it holds up.

Side note: didn't you play some PvP with us the other night? Bytestyle, Skamawall, Shep and GKW212 (me)?

I think so. So you're GKW!

It's funny how a game I thought would take me away from Destiny, is actually making me appreciate it more. Thanks MCC?

Interesting. My XB1 has been collecting dust since I got Destiny on my PS4. My copy of MCC arrived yesterday and I was SOOO close to popping it in and taking the night off from Destiny.

Then of course I said "shit, I bet I get the chest piece to take me to 30 if I just run onnnnnee more normal raid tonight. THEN I'll hit up MCC until the Destiny DLC hits. This is going to work perfectly."

Welp, I didn't get shit from the raid last night outside of a second set of raid gloves and like my 57th sparrow. So what am I doing tonight? You guessed it, my third and final alt is hitting the raid.

But I digress. Back on topic: what do you mean by your comment? I heard there were server issues with MCC but nothing too crazy.

Steroyd

Thanks to maintenance I decided to try a different game in MGS:GZ and got exposed to non David Hayter snake.

It feels wrong damnit.

OTL

If somehow still they manage to beat me, no worries. I've got warehouses full of Legendary Sparrows and Ascendant Energies. You know the ball-pit at Chuck-E-Cheese? multiply that my 1,000; that's how many Ascendant Energies I have just layout around. If they win, I'll throw some glowy balls and sparrows at them. Oh, and maybe a Chatterwhite Shader. LOL!

I have 8 of those legendary sparrows and 0 Vex Mythoclasts :-/

"Looking for 6 level 30 vex to cheese Guardians, I have checkpoint". This is genius, those guys at Bungie forums are insane :p

Yes it's awesome. Made my day

E92 M3

Interesting. My XB1 has been collecting dust since I got Destiny on my PS4. My copy of MCC arrived yesterday and I was SOOO close to popping it in and taking the night off from Destiny.

Then of course I said "shit, I bet I get the chest piece to take me to 30 if I just run onnnnnee more normal raid tonight. THEN I'll hit up MCC until the Destiny DLC hits. This is going to work perfectly."

Welp, I didn't get shit from the raid last night outside of a second set of raid gloves and like my 57th sparrow. So what am I doing tonight? You guessed it, my third and final alt is hitting the raid.

But I digress. Back on topic: what do you mean by your comment? I heard there were server issues with MCC but nothing too crazy.

Matchmaking is unplayable for me. I was only able to get in 4 matches in since launch. It sucks balls.

It's funny how a game I thought would take me away from Destiny, is actually making me appreciate it more. Thanks MCC?

This is so crazy but I feel the exact same way. I thought for sure the game that was going to break the hold on me was the MCC but if anything its making me appreciate the game even more.

patchday

My brief recap

1. run full HM raid clear on my Hunter (who has more raid clears than my other chars) for the umpteenth time.... bunch of shards, still not a single piece of raid gear

2. run HM raid on lvl 30 Titan hoping beyond hope for fatebringer ... shards and 6th pradyth revenge and 6th Timebreaker

3. run HM raid on lvl 30 warlock hoping beyond hope for fatebringer ... 5 or 6th? chest and 3rd boots

sup I was raiding with you last night (I was sandboxgod, on my alt female titan)

That was my first time getting past Gatekeepers on hard. Earned valuable experience there

Shame we didn't get Atheon that run.

Got like 19 shards that run though lol. Got like 40 shards and 40 energies. Oh ya got my fourth Titan chest that night. My titans only get chest pieces, nothing else. At least they all have different attributes, lol. So its four unique raid chest pieces

I want to actually stackup more shards. Maybe Bungie will stop being dicks and release Iron Banner with the new Light 30 stuff. That will give me something to put the shards in. I also find it entertaining to put shards into different types of gear just to test out.

Just go to Scablands for Iron Relic. It's basically the Rocketyard for Mars.

Do you use the one where the Vex fight the Cabal? That's what I've done, but getting tired of it. Is there a better one?

You said you can run 10-15 minutes for 50+ materials.

Could you share the exact locations and routes please?

Scablands is NOT the best place to farm relic iron. Buried city is.

I get 40+ relic iron in 15 minutes on the buried city run.

Haven't ever gotten 50 in that time unless I get lucky with a chest that gives me 12 relic iron at once.

Bought the A1.HASTAG09813AMPERSAND802030923 from the Vanguard vendor last night.

The stats seem somewhat similar to the VoC (less the elemental burn). It has Firefly which I hear is pretty awesome.

Why aren't more people talking about the gun? I took it out for a quick spin right after I bought it and, even completely un-upgraded, it feels like a pretty awesome weapon.

Curious to get opinions from others. Anyone out there use it extensively? Thoughts?

I have used it for a while fully upgraded and it is a decent gun. Mine, with upgraded range can hit anything at any distance for full damage precision shots. The gun really shines if you line up precision shots. It is an awesome gun at range but just so-so in close quarters. If you are a hunter, Chain of Woe and Gunslingers Trance are a great combo.

LiK

Scablands is NOT the best place to farm relic iron. Buried city is.

I get 40+ relic iron in 15 minutes on the buried city run.

Haven't ever gotten 50 in that time unless I get lucky with a chest that gives me 12 relic iron at once.

I hate buried city. The amount of enemies is a nuisance compared to Scablands. I may get 10 less in the same amount of time but I don't mind. It's a much more relaxing area and all the rooms with chests are so close together.

This.

Going back and playing the early Halos, i was shocked at how clunky / restrictive they felt.

Destiny out Halo's Halo from a mechanics standpoint.

But don't worry Master Chief, you still got Warthogs and Big Team Battle, so you'll always have my heart.

E92 M3

This is so crazy but I feel the exact same way. I thought for sure the game that was going to break the hold on me was the MCC but if anything its making me appreciate the game even more.

Here we are back to our old flame...at least for now.

This.

Going back and playing the early Halos, i was shocked at how clunky / restrictive they felt.

Destiny out Halo's Halo from a mechanics standpoint.

But don't worry Master Chief, you still got Warthogs and Big Team Battle, so you'll always have my heart.

For me it was just a matter of the game actually working as promised. Still love the Halo gameplay. Halo 2 is still fun to this day - not just nostalgia goggles anymore.

JayEH

Hopefully this maintenance means all the patches that they've been promising for WEEKS now will be implemented.

I hate buried city. The amount of enemies is a nuisance compared to Scablands. I may get 10 less in the same amount of time but I don't mind. It's a much more relaxing area and all the rooms with chests are so close together.

I know what you mean, but it's the better place to do bounties and patrol missions too.

Also, more satisfying to kill vex. You're basically one shotting everything in that area.

The real stick in the ass is that when you scrap them, you don't get shit back.

I could've sworn scrapping Sparrows or Ships returned you some matts in the Alpha/Beta.

I know and they take FOREVER to scrap lol

8????

Eight?????

|||||||| ???????

Well fuck, I thought I was unlucky with 3. You win lol

Yeah it's ridiculous. I have 18 hard raid clears and I've gotten nothing but helmets, ships, sparrows and chatterwhite. This week I was really pissed. Was close to deleting the game after the third run of the week gave me another sparrow.

edit** I'm talking about atheon. I've gotten raid gear and weapons from other bosses/chests

Why is this? Is it because online isn't working?

patchday

Good to see yall talking bout the game more. Maintenance at least has the added bonus I can read through posts without having to wade through lots "LFG raid blah blah". LOL!

Not pointing fingers- cause I know I spam this thread with LFG posts as well

Is this part of the DLC or some other event?
BK7jteO.png

Good to see yall talking bout the game more. Maintenance at least has the added bonus I can read through posts without having to wade through lots "LFG raid blah blah". LOL!

Not pointing fingers- cause I know I spam this thread with LFG posts as well

you're right it's so much better this way

Is this part of the DLC or some other event?
BK7jteO.png

"Her new quests and bounties"? You mean just like the queen's bounties and missions where they were pretty much identical to regular bounties and missions?

raindoc

Nothing has been confirmed but Deej made a vague comment about a new materials exhange and responded to a topic on reddit complaining about farming saying we hear you and a fix of some sort is in the works.

10 Relic Iron for completing the Nightfall-Strike confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom