• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this maintenance means all the patches that they've been promising for WEEKS now will be implemented.

I doubt it. They said everything is server side and we won't need to download any patch after the maintenance. This will pave the way for future updates, so keep your expectations low for today. Best bet is they fix ammo bug and some raid glitches.

It still comes off as a really shitty tweet. It isn't an event if you have to buy it. If she gives bounties without them, than that is good. That is why I asked.

Yeah, there's some stuff that will be available when the DLC hits that everyone will get even if you don't buy it.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update--10312014/en/News/News?aid=12351
All players will also benefit from these updates to the Destiny player experience:
•Some new Weapons and Armor
•New Daily Bounties
•Five additional Bounty slots

Also mentioned in that update about Eris:
•She also offers new Bounties and Quests. Some of her Bounties will be available whether you purchase The Dark Below or not.

LiK

There's no update for us in this maintenance. Just shit they need to do to get the game ready for the updates. Maybe next week.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gjallarhorn isn't getting nerfed.
I'd be honored, but Hawk won't give me the pleasure :(
What wait did I do? :(
Bought the A1.HASTAG09813AMPERSAND802030923 from the Vanguard vendor last night.

The stats seem somewhat similar to the VoC (less the elemental burn). It has Firefly which I hear is pretty awesome.

Why aren't more people talking about the gun? I took it out for a quick spin right after I bought it and, even completely un-upgraded, it feels like a pretty awesome weapon.

Curious to get opinions from others. Anyone out there use it extensively? Thoughts?
Those watching my stream last night got to see it get its moment in the spotlight. It's an all-around great scout rifle, good in all categories. The vendor version is unexciting but very solid, and it serves me well.

Sadly the_log_ride can't make tonight's nubnub raid, so there is one spot open.

Please quote and post PSN ID if you want in for an 8:15PM EST Newbie-Friendly Normal Raid tonight.

k1t4j

Let’s take this time of maintenance to share our tinfoil hat theories!

The races following in the wake of the Darkness were once all homes to the Traveler, which then abandoned them in their time of need to save itself.

The Fallen were living in clans and fighting over resources, separate from one another and occasionally warring at the time the Traveler arrived. He united them to a greater purpose, allowing the Fallen to ascend to the stars where their needs could be fulfilled. They lived in peace for a long time until the Darkness came. The Traveler abandoned them, and the Fallen fell back into a system that while old-fashioned, was not forgotten. They banded together, forming their Houses, and though their world was destroyed by the Darkness, they followed in its wake to pursue the Traveler who had abandoned them and to claim a new home.

The Hive were a great people once with a caste-driven culture of nobility. Something dire happened and their whole world died, left ruined by a star's rage, or a plague, or worse. When the Traveler arrived it was a graveyard, but its energy brought the dead back to life, the Light reviving the dead culture and letting it rise again, more powerful than before. When the Darkness came, the Traveler abandoned these people it had rescued from death, and decay began to set in again. Fading fast, the Hive found a way to harden themselves against death with the power of the Darkness itself, draining the Light and sustaining their lives. They follow the Traveler now like carrion birds waiting for a bull elephant to die, hungry for the Light they can strip from its corpse.

The Cabal lived on a planet where there had once been an incredible, world-spanning war with an absolute and tyrannical leader. Entire generations had grown up in the military regime, and when there were finally no people left to fight, they grew stagnant. They stopped advancing as a culture, explaining why among the races they still rely on chemical reactions with gunpowder and rockets to attack instead of the laser weapons and energy wielded by the other races. The Traveler brought them purpose, inspiring them to reach beyond their globe and explore the stars around them, shrugging off their militaristic ways for a time. When it fled the Darkness, the Cabal was reintroduced to bloody conflict and once more took up the mantle of warlords. They used their new technology to reach out to the stars, and follow the Darkness in order to attain glory with new conquest.

The Vex are perhaps the strangest race, but kind of make sense in a way. Here's where my speculation gets (even more) stretched. Vader is Luke's father. The humans of the golden age created Warminds, great thinking machines that would, without doubt, be able to outlast the lifespan of something like the human race. Eventually the Traveler fled Earth as well, abandoning humans and leaving them to die. The Warmind survived, having been around for so long and absorbing so much data from the Traveler that it was able to enhance and imbue itself with the ability to project itself in a quantum state forward and back in time. Building a more and more advanced quantum array, it consumed the material left behind from mankind's fall and expanded to absorb the resources of the planet itself until in the immensely distant future, the Warminds merged to become the Minds of the Vex at the Black Garden, and in their understanding of time travel and the theory of the multiverse, they began to expand. Each time they found a version of themselves more powerful than the prior in another universe, they became supplicants. They merged their hive mind with its own, and in doing so expanded the network exponentially. With this endless loop established, the Vex finally establish enough computational energy to consume the Traveler in one of these multiverses, breaking down the space magic and energetic potential of it to form the Heart of the black garden. The humans are fighting a Warmind collective from an alternate universe where the Traveler chose to abandon the Earth.

There's no telling how long the previous falls of races took, or when the Traveler chose to abandon them. It may have been wounded grievously as it is now before it abandoned each of the races left in its wake. In time the Traveler may abandon Earth as well, and we'll just become another bitter race hunting it for revenge at bringing us back from restful death to fight a war for it.

Good read, the vex part was great :)

Axoman

@Bungie
It's (slightly after) High Noon Pacific time. We're still paving the way for future updates behind the scenes. Stand by. More updates soon.

I wonder if they mean 12pm or marijuana time, since it's legal in Washington state. :)

The legalization of marijuana could explain the huge change of the game from 2013 to release, as that coincides with the time it became legal. Ha!

Pickman

Gjallarhorn isn't getting nerfed.

What wait did I do? :(

Those watching my stream last night got to see it get its moment in the spotlight. It's an all-around great scout rifle, good in all categories. The vendor version is unexciting but very solid, and it serves me well.

Sadly the_log_ride can't make tonight's nubnub raid, so there is one spot open.

Please quote and post PSN ID if you want in for an 8:15PM EST Newbie-Friendly Normal Raid tonight.

I know nothing. My dog could probably raid better than me. But I'm in.

psn Mr_Pickman

edit: I'm 27 now, too. Just got my welfare helmet last night. Running a 300 Shadow Price and a nearly maxxed Steel Oracle, with rare secondaries.

Acorn

What's the Bungie version of Soony?
giphy.gif

Honestly. I prefer Corrective Measure. Unless it's pve arc burn, CM just feels much better to fire to me.

Especially in pvp.

The perk to find more heavy ammo for it and 300 reserve ammo make me vastly prefer CM over TL.

CM with it's stability, ammo capacity, and find more ammo perk is easily one of the best weapons in the game

Note to self: All you PSN Guardians, PSN Maintenance next Monday for a scheduled 6 hour block.

https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation/status/532992905921986560

How often do they need to do maintenance? Also would have been nice if bungie and psn had been down at the same time

I don't talk too much in PVP anyway unless it's in 3v3.

90% of the time we aren't talking about what's going on in the game. We're shooting the shit and having a good time. Oh, and also making fun of your's truly when I do something completely asinine in PvP (or PvE)... it happens rather frequently.

Hey guys,

I need some Destiny bros on my PSN list. I recently cleaned out my friends list because the Destiny hype has died down a lot of, and most people on my list had long moved on. Doing PvP, Tiger Strikes etc. solo is getting really old.

I play a lot of PvP, run Tiger Strikes and of course weekly and daily stuff. I tend to stay on the Crucible side of things, so I don't raid very much. Also, long walks on the beach.

My PSN is ScareGoat

psn Mr_Pickman

edit: I'm 27 now, too. Just got my welfare helmet last night. Running a 300 Shadow Price and a nearly maxxed Steel Oracle, with rare secondaries.

:(

Knock 'em dead, and report back with all the glorious spoils of the raid. I'm gonna go cry in a corner beside Eva Levante.

The vendor version has field scout/armor-piercing rounds AND firefly... Vendor version unexciting pssshhh.

While we're waiting, what are considered the best Legendary weapons worth keeping. I'm getting a full vault and need to dismantle some for energy. I have VoC and Shadow Price which aren't going anywhere and also Epitaph in each (Arc, Solar, Void). Don't really use Pulse or Fusion rifles but will keep a good one if it's worth it.

Pickman

:(

Knock 'em dead, and report back with all the glorious spoils of the raid. I'm gonna go cry in a corner beside Eva Levante.

You'll get a random youtube link sent sometime in the next week late at night. The title of the video will make no sense, just a jumble of letters and numbers in a chaotic mash of the keyboard. What matters is the content.

A VoC, a Sparrow, a Shader, and a Praedyth's Revenge being discarded, including the mats retrieved from breaking them down.

The feed cuts to a grainy webcam, poorly lit save the glow from the whites of my eyes as they narrow into a squint of pure, frothing delight.

LiK

90% of the time we aren't talking about what's going on in the game. We're shooting the shit and having a good time. Oh, and also making fun of your's truly when I do something completely asinine in PvP (or PvE)... it happens rather frequently.

Yea, I don't really casually talk about stuff when I game. I'm not that type of player. I don't mind listening in tho, lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The vendor version has field scout/armor-piercing rounds AND firefly... Vendor version unexciting pssshhh.
*smacks forehead* I forgot I didn't buy mine. That's incredible.

MY version is boring, lol

Actually I think I have a second dropped one in the vault, I should check its perks...

psn Mr_Pickman

Cool, you are in. Your dog can take over if needed :)

Note to self: All you PSN Guardians, PSN Maintenance next Monday for a scheduled 6 hour block.

https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation/status/532992905921986560

o.o okay then?

*smacks forehead* I forgot I didn't buy mine. That's incredible.

MY version is boring, lol

Actually I think I have a second dropped one in the vault, I should check its perks...

Haha, I think I may have found the most underrated gun in the game.

To that end: GUARDIANS: what do you think are the most underrated weapons in the game? A lot of this is about personal preference obviously but I'm curious to see what guns people are having love affairs with (possibly in private for sake of ridicule).

gdt

Ok servers hopping back on.

Anybody down for a normal raid. Lvl 29 hunter and I got a 26 with me. Probably a lvl 30 too.
So need 3 more for a normal raid happening now ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom