• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swag

Ok servers hopping back on.

Anybody down for a normal raid. Lvl 29 hunter and I got a 26 with me. Probably a lvl 30 too.
So need 3 more for a normal raid happening now ish.
I'm interested, Sebulon3k is PSN, I'm assuming you're running on PS4?

So I'm trying to collect all the exotic guns, but the revenue stream is kind of short, you know? I already run three Nightfalls and three Hard raids, and that's a Tuesday. I'm seriously considering deleting a slot and running more than 3 a week.

Greenymac

Anybody got an alt theyre levelling and wanna run some story/pvp together later? Im about lvl 6 on my titan and looking to get him to 20 so he can throw on the gear i have for him in the vault and maybe hit 26 before reset. Ill be around about 6:30 eastern time. PSN ID is same as GAF.

Yea, I don't really casually talk about stuff when I game. I'm not that type of player. I don't mind listening in tho, lol

Haha. Fair enough. We're always happy to have an audience. I think our German friend needs his own show based around his quips. And his accent. Every time he says "shit," the accent makes me crack up. "Sheet."

Bahahaha (see?)

ocean

Banned
Anybody got an alt theyre levelling and wanna run some story/pvp together later? Im about lvl 6 on my titan and looking to get him to 20 so he can throw on the gear i have for him in the vault and maybe hit 26 before reset. Ill be around about 6:30 eastern time. PSN ID is same as GAF.
I've got a level 9 Hunter, I'd be down for PvP. 1800 XP per match + I don't have to listen to Dinklebot.

You can upload it directly to youtube, and it's so easy to figure out the editing tool.

You only have the past 15 minutes recorded to you have to do it quickly
Is the 'editing tool' share factory? That's the only one I know of. I made two videos with it so far, and after you figure out how to split/trim/delete it's real simple to make small destiny clips.

So after using Thorn extensively lately I do love the gun. It's the first hand cannon that I've properly taken time to get used to.

It needs a bigger clip and a quicker reload though, it's managable in PvP but these changes are needed for PvE mostly.

Problem is many of the legendary hand cannons outshine Thorn in regards to impact, range, reload speed etc so imo it needs to be able to either stack its debuff OR at least make it refresh for each hit.

I think the refresh with upgraded mag/reload is the best bet.

breakfuss

I've got a level 9 Hunter, I'd be down for PvP. 1800 XP per match + I don't have to listen to Dinklebot.

In the same position with my lvl 11 Titan. Would love to team up. But are you guys really not interested in doing any of the campaign, lol? Awful cutscenes aside, it hands out a lot of XP.

blackflag

So after using Thorn extensively lately I do love the gun. It's the first hand cannon that I've properly taken time to get used to.

It needs a bigger clip and a quicker reload though, it's managable in PvP but these changes are needed for PvE mostly.

Problem is many of the legendary hand cannons outshine Thorn in regards to impact, range, reload speed etc so imo it needs to be able to either stack its debuff OR at least make it refresh for each hit.

problem is those changes will make it severely OP in PVP.

I just got it the other day and it WRECKS.

Daemul

In the same position with my lvl 11 Titan. Would love to team up. But are you guys really not interested in doing any of the campaign, lol? Awful cutscenes aside, it hands out a lot of XP.

If you're a half decent player, levelling with PvP is faster than slogging through the story. You can use the story as a supplement though.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone up for a normal raid on PS4 around 7-8pm EST?

I'm a level 29 sun singer with max weapons and have done the raid a couple of times.

I haven't done the weekly or nightfall yet this week either.

PM or add me on PSN if interested. PSN is same as here: dmaul1114

If you're a half decent player, levelling with PvP is faster than slogging through the story. You can use the story as a supplement though.

Agreed. And I'm not even half-decent at PvP. I leveled my alt up by playing enough story missions to get to wake the hive and then switched over to PvP and bounties.

It was the easiest, least painful way I've leveled up an alt so far(I've leveled up 3).

... speaking of, I really need to work on my PvP abilities. My k/d ratio is on the rise but is still right around 1.0 most of the time.

LordofPwn

Is the 'editing tool' share factory? That's the only one I know of. I made two videos with it so far, and after you figure out how to split/trim/delete it's real simple to make small destiny clips.

I don't use share factory. if i want to actually edit a video i'll export it and use Final Cut, otherwise i just trim and upload.

I am upset that they re-compress stuff you put on USB.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

This isn't a good idea unless those changes are for PvE only, which I'd sort of oppose. I understand that guns should be balanced separately, but I'd prefer that apply only to values- damage, accuracy, range- rather than mechanical things that affect how a gun FEELS to use. Both a bigger clip and shorter reload and Thorn would be one of the absolute best guns in the game out of the box; any of the various builds we've crafted to cater to it would suddenly become seriously OP. It's a nasty weapon.

As far as the debuff, I have to imagine they experimented with various versions and this was the only one that didn't make it completely dominant.

Honestly, I think best approach is just to significantly improve its damage in PvE, both to its shots and the DoT effect. The low clip and massive reload time- those are Thorn, those are what you accept to wield it. It should do crazy damage for each one of those shots you connect with, and really make you feel the reload when you're down to that last bullet, unless you build around it- which, if using Thorn seriously, you should.

What's the point of defence stat? Why can a level 6 hobgoblin take down my shields in 1-2 shots at level 29?
Level only matters +/- 3 levels, if I understand correctly.

Your level 29 might get hurt by a lvl 6 Hob like a level 10 with max defense would, but you can level weapons faster and roll for exotics in the raids and nightfalls.

LiK

I'll be doing nothing but PVP tonight. Join my games if you want. Invite me if you need another dude for your PVP fireteam.

Greenymac

Im interested in doing a bit of both. I dont play pvp much, but its a means to an end! add greenymac on psn and ill send you an invite when im home. I can add you from the ps app right now.

Angry Guy

Dammit! I got sucked into Bayo 2 waiting for the servers to pop back up and I missed a hard raid. My luck trying to get into one since the reset has been complete bullshit.

Anyone up for a normal raid on PS4 around 7-8pm EST?

I'm a level 29 sun singer with max weapons and have done the raid a couple of times.

I haven't done the weekly or nightfall yet this week either.

PM or add me on PSN if interested. PSN is same as here: dmaul1114

Would you be ok with my Level 26 Warlock? I have a 30 Titan and 29 Hunter so I've run the raid dozens of times. Haven't yet with that character but he has a maxed Vision of Confluence, Ice Breaker and Corrective Measures.

Cosmos_Man

This isn't a good idea unless those changes are for PvE only, which I'd sort of oppose. I understand that guns should be balanced separately, but I'd prefer that apply only to values- damage, accuracy, range- rather than mechanical things that affect how a gun FEELS to use. Both a bigger clip and shorter reload and Thorn would be one of the absolute best guns in the game out of the box; any of the various builds we've crafted to cater to it would suddenly become seriously OP. It's a nasty weapon.

As far as the debuff, I have to imagine they experimented with various versions and this was the only one that didn't make it completely dominant.

Honestly, I think best approach is just to significantly improve its damage in PvE, both to its shots and the DoT effect. The low clip and massive reload time- those are Thorn, those are what you accept to wield it. It should do crazy damage for each one of those shots you connect with, and really make you feel the reload when you're down to that last bullet, unless you build around it- which, if using Thorn seriously, you should.

I really need to level mine up, huh.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Haha, I think I may have found the most underrated gun in the game.

To that end: GUARDIANS: what do you think are the most underrated weapons in the game? A lot of this is about personal preference obviously but I'm curious to see what guns people are having love affairs with (possibly in private for sake of ridicule).
still preliminary, but my votes would go to: MIDA Multi-Tool, Monte Carlo, Unwilling Soul-09, Venation III, and Final Boss. Even though it gets substantial praise, Pocket Infinity still seems underrated to me. A lot of people seem to have just gone "oh I saw it listed on a patch note that looked like a nerf, it's worthless now" whereas I'd actually consider it closer to OP than to worthless. And never having laid my hands on it, Universal Remote.

:(

Knock 'em dead, and report back with all the glorious spoils of the raid. I'm gonna go cry in a corner beside Eva Levante.
aww :(

We actually have another spot open because I forgot the guy who contacted me externally isn't able to do the time either.

Newbie Raid Tonight 8:15PM EST

1. FenixOne
2. Mr_Pickman
3. Hawkian
4. DaveS78
5. redpepper7336
6. OPEN

Please quote and respond with PSN ID if you want the last spot, first come first serve!

You know, it's the A.F24jl32j4k32j4k2;j4l rifle from the Vanguard vendor.

Hahahaha. Yeah. The A1.ampersandhashtag039481.RYL. Or whatever it's called.

How is it like the FB (that's Fatebringer, not Facebook)? One is a scout and the other is an HC. I just picked up the A1 and have yet to have the FB drop after about 10 hard clears. That said, I'm an HC junkie with my TDYK, TLW, Hawkmoon, and (almost) Thorn.

I'd like to hear the comparison though because I have a slight love affair with the A1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom