• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenymac

I doubt we get anything, unless we honor it the name RNGesus lol.

Great run with you brothers btw

Oh yeah great run and on top of that great fun. If you want to be a part of the normal raid group, youre in. usually on Tuesday or wednesday ill be running two hard raids after the nightfalls. If you ever want a group just message me or ill give you a heads up as to when we will be getting together.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
still preliminary, but my votes would go to: MIDA Multi-Tool, Monte Carlo, Unwilling Soul-09, Venation III, and Final Boss. Even though it gets substantial praise, Pocket Infinity still seems underrated to me. A lot of people seem to have just gone "oh I saw it listed on a patch note that looked like a nerf, it's worthless now" whereas I'd actually consider it closer to OP than to worthless. And never having laid my hands on it, Universal Remote.

aww :(

We actually have another spot open because I forgot the guy who contacted me externally isn't able to do the time either.

Newbie Raid Tonight 8:15PM EST

1. FenixOne
2. Mr_Pickman
3. Hawkian
4. DaveS78
5. redpepper7336
6. OPEN

Please quote and respond with PSN ID if you want the last spot, first come first serve!

Nevermind. Some work just came up. :(

spyder_ur

We actually have another spot open because I forgot the guy who contacted me externally isn't able to do the time either.

1. FenixOne
2. Mr_Pickman
3. Hawkian
4. DaveS78
5. redpepper7336
6. OPEN

Please quote and respond with PSN ID if you want the last spot, first come first serve!

Newbies only? If not I would raid with my 27 Titan alt. Only been through the raid twice. I would happily step aside for someone who hasn't gone though.

Hahahaha. Yeah. The A1.ampersandhashtag039481.RYL. Or whatever it's called.

How is it like the FB (that's Fatebringer, not Facebook)? One is a scout and the other is an HC. I just picked up the A1 and have yet to have the FB drop after about 10 hard clears. That said, I'm an HC junkie with my TDYK, TLW, Hawkmoon, and (almost) Thorn.

I'd like to hear the comparison though because I have a slight love affair with the A1.

Firefly

still preliminary, but my votes would go to: MIDA Multi-Tool, Monte Carlo, Unwilling Soul-09, Venation III, and Final Boss. Even though it gets substantial praise, Pocket Infinity still seems underrated to me. A lot of people seem to have just gone "oh I saw it listed on a patch note that looked like a nerf, it's worthless now" whereas I'd actually consider it closer to OP than to worthless. And never having laid my hands on it, Universal Remote.

1. FenixOne
2. Mr_Pickman
3. Hawkian
4. DaveS78
5. redpepper7336
6. OPEN

dang, looks like I'm late on this one.

I have only made it up to Atheon still haven't beat him yet. Hawk I am trouble_brewin on PSN if you ever need a spot filled let me know.

It drives me bananas that you can't skip cut scenes in Story Mode. This really made me appreciate being able to do so in Evil Within although I never did, of course but Destiny made me appreciate the feature and going back to Destiny Story Mode afterwards made it even more jarring. Why oh why? You can even program it to only let you do so after experiencing the mission first for repeated play throughs if you want people to see the cut scenes so badly.

Are public events my best option for ascendant shards when I have done all the dailies, and weeklys?

Do it for the first time today for a guaranteed shard or energy in the mail and hopefully for the event itself. After that you can either roll the dice with public events or repeatedly do the Strike Playlist (or Crucible) to rack up Marks to buy legendary armor to break down into shards. The latter option is guaranteed progress towards it but obviously takes longer while the shorter option is RNG. Also, doing strikes or crucible could potentially net you legendary armor or engrams that you can break down into shards.

1. FenixOne
2. Mr_Pickman
3. Hawkian
4. DaveS78
5. redpepper7336
6. OPEN

interesting list. I would say the Monte Carlo is just a shitty gun. There is a bayonet on it and my group is hoping they add some functionality to it at some point as that would make it "exotic" versus what it is now (in my opinion, a barely passable legendary-class AR). It is definitely not worthy of a primary exotic spot (again, in my opinion).

I totally agree on Pocket Infinity. I am one of the offenders that stuck that gun in my vault. Then a buddy started messing around with it on patrols and the gun convinced all of us that it warrants a second look. The namesake perk is fucking beastly. I feel like it would rip through the heavies in the raid.

Been leveling my newly created Titan and got some Rare weapons. Some of these weapons are so good. I got a Renegade Mk. 55 hand cannon that is a blast to use. For some reason "true sight is" makes head shots almost automatic. Plus you get fast reload after each kill. If it wasn't for the lower attack stat this would be one of the best hand cannons in the game. Then theres a Dammerung FR5 fusion rifle with a 8 round magazine and amazingly low charge rate. I seriously think these weapons are as good if not better than their legendary counterparts. I want to use them in PVP since attack is irrelevant

ocean

Banned
Are public events my best option for ascendant shards when I have done all the dailies, and weeklys?
Yes, assuming you haven't done the Raid. An average Normal run will net you something like 8-10 shards unless you get lucky with weapons and armor. Later, even those turn into shards of you dismantle duplicates.

Zocano

You can buy vanguard/crucible gear and dismantle it. I generally got 3 a piece but 2 happens a lot, too.

It's probably your best bet before trying to do public events.

You can buy vanguard/crucible gear and dismantle it. I generally got 3 a piece but 2 happens a lot, too.

It's probably your best bet before trying to do public events.

Make sure you buy the cheaper pieces.

Some of them only cost 65 marks, which means you can buy 3 total if you are maxed out.

Assuming you have both Vanguard and Crucible marks maxed out, thats 6 pieces of armor. which gets you anywhere from 12-18 shards.

However, if you have the time, you can dump xp into those armor pieces so they dismantle for more shards.

Dave_6

All I ever get from Tiger strikes are rares. I did 10 of them last night and got a couple strange coins and the rest were rares.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Newbies only? If not I would raid with my 27 Titan alt. Only been through the raid twice. I would happily step aside for someone who hasn't gone though.
dang, looks like I'm late on this one.

I have only made it up to Atheon still haven't beat him yet. Hawk I am trouble_brewin on PSN if you ever need a spot filled let me know.
Looks like I'll give this to the haunted taco if that's okay with you schwagger. Let's get him his first Atheon kill!

1. FenixOne
2. Mr_Pickman
3. Hawkian
4. DaveS78
5. redpepper7336
6. trouble_brewin

Guys, feel free to send me a PSN friend request (Hawkian) to make it a little easier to round everyone up tonight. Bring your best void weapons and highest level characters if you have more than one! :)

interesting list. I would say the Monte Carlo is just a shitty gun. There is a bayonet on it and my group is hoping they add some functionality to it at some point as that would make it "exotic" versus what it is now (in my opinion, a barely passable legendary-class AR). It is definitely not worthy of a primary exotic spot (again, in my opinion).
I need to play around with it a lot more for a final verdict, but I've found it surprisingly capable in the Crucible, and the unique perk is very intriguing for me for certain builds I am going to experiment with. It should have a special stabbystab melee animation though I agree

spyder_ur

Congrats! I got the MIDA Multitool from a Tiger Strike the other day. I've gotten better loot from tiger strikes these last three weeks than from Nightfall or the raid

All I ever get from Tiger strikes are rares. I did 10 of them last night and got a couple strange coins and the rest were rares.

Hmm, I really like doing Tiger Strikes and generally get at least something decent if I string 4-5 together. Just yesterday in 3 or 4 strikes I got 2-3 strange coins, The Devil You Know, and a Legendary armor that I actually needed. It's fun piling up a doze engrams and then decoding, too. Levels the cryptarch as well.

I just wish it was a feasible way to farm Vanguard Rep - 25 is laughable.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmm, I really like doing Tiger Strikes and generally get at least something decent if I string 4-5 together. Just yesterday in 3 or 4 strikes I got 2-3 strange coins, The Devil You Know, and a Legendary armor that I actually needed. It's fun piling up a doze engrams and then decoding, too. Levels the cryptarch as well.

It'll never be ideal for rep, the real rewards are the Marks and blue engrams for various purposes; best supply of basic upgrade materials for your alts if you need them.
Yup, sure thing.
Thanks! Just to be clear, it's not only for first timers at all- technically anyone can attend (though true veterans might get very bored), except those who were in it the week immediately before. If you are familiar with the raid and join one of these runs, we'll focus on assigning you tasks you aren't comfortable with, helping you get some experience in all areas of the raid.

Mupod

I hit 26 last night but I definitely wanna wait for Xur to show up before I try the raid. Hoping to do the nightfall and weekly heroic tomorrow night too.

Also, I've seen like 5 dudes find exotics in my pvp matches. All I get are crappy blues :/

Dave_6

I must be getting cursed because I got the Hawkmoon so early on lol. Hopefully if I clear the raid tonight I will get some decent stuff.

Got MIDA from Nightfall- it's pretty awesome.

Yeah I love the Multitool. It sounds and feels great. I just wish you could change the scope on it like every other scout rifle but it's no big deal. Been leveling it lately and have enjoyed every second of using it

Yeah I love decrypting those rare engrams as well. you never know what you will get

Deku Tree

Forming a weekly Hard Raid group and need 3 more. Since this will be a regular meeting and not a pick-up game, we are looking for the following:

Available weekdays around 9:30pm Eastern, 8:30pm Central, 6:30pm Pacific or equivalent time in other parts of the world. Being available on the weekends will also help if we need to reconvene or if someone in the group has to postpone.

Looking for players with alts to run the Raid with each character. Please have at least one leveled alt, having 2 alts is ideal. In other words, it will be a commitment to run Hard Raid at least twice per week with this group.

Level 30's are preferred, as we already have one player at 29 and a player with an alt at 29. Not hating or discriminating on 29's, I frequently run pickup/ad-hoc hard Raids with 29's but for this group we are looking to run the content multiple times so efficiency is a factor. This would also mean having 300 weapons in each slot.

Hopefully that isn't too much to ask for regarding a weekly Hard group of Gaffers. I was mildly criticized in the past for asking for 30s so I would like to point out again I'm not discriminating, we already have some 29 players so the highest level players with alts and the ability to commit will get priority.

We could possibly start tonight.

Hello. Regarding MADGAME's post we are looking to form a regular 2x Hard Raid group on PS4. We would like to play around 9pm or maybe 9:30pm EST on Weekdays. The best days for me personally are Thursday and Friday nights. We would like to try to knock it out twice weekly, some people may want to do it 3x but I only have two lvl 30 sunbro's. (I could maybe jump to 3x if my Titan ever gets any raid gear.) We are looking mainly for 30's or people with at least one 30 alt and with one or two maxed 300 attack legendary and exotic weapons weapons. Our hope is to really just get it done with a regular experienced crew rather than playing pick up raids each week.

If your interested please respond to this topic or send me a PM we could try to start tonight or tomorrow night at 9PM EST or 9:30pm EST depending upon when people can get on...

So far people who have expressed interest are below.

1. Deku Tree (PS4: DekuBleep)
2. MADGAME (PS4: MADGAME)
3. milkham (PS4:?)
4. El Cuco (+ Friend?)

If you are interested please respond to this post or send me a PM. If your on this list and your not me or MADGAME please let me know that you are still interested (since I haven't spoken with you about it recently). I am currently taking over the organizing responsibilities from MADGAME.

matmanx1

The Thorn bounty has awakened an anger in me that I have not felt in online games for years. Fuck hunters.

Hahahaha, I so identify with this. Although I'm not so much angry at other players as just with the design of the quest in general.

I'm closing in on level 29 and I have yet to run a VOG raid. I have two buddies that group with me almost every night and we keep saying we need to do it and then get busy doing the dailies and bounties.

I might hit up some of you knowledgeable folk soon for taking three likable guys into the VOG for what I am sure will be a grand ole time.

spyder_ur

Thanks! Just to be clear, it's not only for first timers at all- technically anyone can attend (though true veterans might get very bored), except those who were in it the week immediately before. If you are familiar with the raid and join one of these runs, we'll focus on assigning you tasks you aren't comfortable with, helping you get some experience in all areas of the raid.

Sounds good - I'll keep an ear out. I've not handled the relic yet for instance. Avoid it like the plague. Plus, maxed VoC has served me pretty well on the oracles when I get teleported.

Dante316

Been testing the last word, I dont see the yellow health damage when hip firing. I only see it during the Aiming and I kill people faster with aiming too. So even though its a hip firing weapon, dont be afraid to aim down sights, the gun is beast with both.

Hello. Regarding MADGAME's post we are looking to form a regular 2x Hard Raid group on PS4. We would like to play around 9pm or maybe 9:30pm EST on Weekdays. The best days for me personally are Thursday and Friday nights. We would like to try to knock it out twice weekly, some people may want to do it 3x but I only have two lvl 30 sunbro's. (I could maybe jump to 3x if my Titan ever gets any raid gear.) We are looking mainly for 30's or people with at least one 30 alt and with one or two maxed 300 attack legendary and exotic weapons weapons. Our hope is to really just get it done with a regular experienced crew rather than playing pick up raids each week.

If your interested please respond to this topic or send me a PM we could try to start tonight or tomorrow night at 9PM EST or 9:30pm EST depending upon when people can get on...

4. El Cuco (+ Friend?)

If you are interested please respond to this post or send me a PM. If your on this list and your not me or MADGAME please let me know that you are still interested (since I haven't spoken with you about it recently). I am currently taking over the organizing responsibilities from MADGAME.

Okay, I might be interested here.

I have a 30 titan, 29 warlock and 28 hunter (could be 29, just lazy about farming mats).

This is me: http://destinytracker.com/destiny/player/ps4/Kor_of_Memory

Have a 300 Epilogue, IceBreaker and Corrective Measure.

Angry Guy

I still need a group to run it with my second 30, but tomorrow night I have something going on (should be good every friday after that) and my first group doesn't have a set schedule for when we run it, so there could be possibly be conflicts. So...put me down as a tentative maybe?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sounds good - I'll keep an ear out. I've not handled the relic yet for instance. Avoid it like the plague. Plus, maxed VoC has served me pretty well on the oracles when I get teleported.
Two people can be designated to never have to hold the relic... but it's a damn good idea for everyone to get experience with it. You never know when you'll have to pick it up off the ground and save the run. ;)

Repost for new page:

Hey guys,

I need some Destiny bros on my PSN list. I recently cleaned out my friends list because the Destiny hype has died down a lot, and most people on my list had long moved on. Doing PvP, Tiger Strikes etc. solo is getting really old.

I play a lot of PvP, run Tiger Strikes and of course weekly and daily stuff. I tend to stay on the Crucible side of things, so I don't raid very much. Also, long walks on the beach.

My PSN is ScareGoat

Sullichin

dust palace, or something else?
It was the Nexus strike actually.

So.. Hawkmoon.. very happy to finally have it. Is it really that much better than an upgraded TDYK ? Seems very similar except for the bonus damage rounds, which I'm sure are substantial. Seems like Thorn will still be what I use in PVP.

I've done so, so many strikes, when something I'm actually looking for drops I don't even understand. Like what the fuck just happened

It was the Nexus strike actually.

So.. Hawkmoon.. very happy to finally have it. Is it really that much better than an upgraded TDYK ? Seems very similar except for the bonus damage rounds, which I'm sure are substantial. Seems like Thorn will still be what I use in PVP.

I've done so, so many strikes, when something I'm actually looking for drops I don't even understand. Like what the fuck just happened

Good to know! I was under the false assumption that PS exclusive gear came from that strike only. Glad that's not true.

4. El Cuco (+ Friend?)

Thursdays normally work well for me, I'd be down.

Dante316

Playing the story aint bad if your 1 or 2 lvls above the recommendation lvl, im already lvl 6 on my hunter n close to finishing earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom