• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

Good to know! I was under the false assumption that PS exclusive gear came from that strike only. Glad that's not true.
Yep, definitely was on the Nexus one. Strangely, I don't think the reward showed when the "Mission Complete" text appeared on screen, as exotic / legendary items usually do. I may have missed it, but I was looking for it. Total shock when I had Hawkmoon on the next screen.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Over the weekend and into my AC Unity cleanse of Destiny I have heard of 2 more people - one random my friend was playing with and ANOTHER member of our regular raid group got the Last Word.

It feels like Destiny is purposefully taunting me now. Simultaneously enraging/poking fun of my last beleagered ounce of hope and also egging me on and singing the siren song to lure me back into the literal grind.

I'm not sure that i've ever had a game fuck my emotions so hard over some stupid item/weapon. The Unforgiven in Borderlands was close but this here? ... i mean what in the blue fuck else do i need to do now? I've got my lvl 30 .. i've normal/HM the raid multiple times. Ran strikes enough to equal out a whole godamned planet of enemies... as a final smiling middle finger to my dedication to this game I popped my 2nd ever random exotic from a strike on Monday night.

Lucky Rasberry.

Which i've had since week 2 from Xur.

That's completely leveled up.

And ON MY FUCKING PERSON. AGAIN. Just like my 2nd Ice Breaker dropped while i was using my first one.

Some fucking dark sense of humor these Bungie folks have. I'll tell ya that much for sure.

Yep, definitely was on the Nexus one. Strangely, I don't think the reward showed when the "Mission Complete" text appeared on screen, as exotic / legendary items usually do. I may have missed it, but I was looking for it. Total shock when I had Hawkmoon on the next screen.

I find that happens inconsistently.

Hoodbury

Sounds good - I'll keep an ear out. I've not handled the relic yet for instance. Avoid it like the plague. Plus, maxed VoC has served me pretty well on the oracles when I get teleported.

I'd highly recommend getting in one of Hawkian's newbie raids and taking a turn at the relic. I had never done it before either but went in on his first newbie raid and got to do the relic a lot. Now I love picking it up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It was the Nexus strike actually.

So.. Hawkmoon.. very happy to finally have it. Is it really that much better than an upgraded TDYK ? Seems very similar except for the bonus damage rounds, which I'm sure are substantial. Seems like Thorn will still be what I use in PVP.

I've done so, so many strikes, when something I'm actually looking for drops I don't even understand. Like what the fuck just happened
it's similar to TDYK but better in every category plus the 3 bonus rounds. It's the best of "that kind" of hand cannon. You can be a goddamn surgeon with it in the Crucible, plus the bonus rounds just make it feel "OP every so often." Thorn is a completely different beast.

Kydd BlaZe

Hello. Regarding MADGAME's post we are looking to form a regular 2x Hard Raid group on PS4. We would like to play around 9pm or maybe 9:30pm EST on Weekdays. The best days for me personally are Thursday and Friday nights. We would like to try to knock it out twice weekly, some people may want to do it 3x but I only have two lvl 30 sunbro's. (I could maybe jump to 3x if my Titan ever gets any raid gear.) We are looking mainly for 30's or people with at least one 30 alt and with one or two maxed 300 attack legendary and exotic weapons weapons. Our hope is to really just get it done with a regular experienced crew rather than playing pick up raids each week.

If your interested please respond to this topic or send me a PM we could try to start tonight or tomorrow night at 9PM EST or 9:30pm EST depending upon when people can get on...

So far people who have expressed interest are below.

1. Deku Tree (PS4: DekuBleep)
2. MADGAME (PS4: MADGAME)
3. milkham (PS4:?)
4. El Cuco (+ Friend?)

If you are interested please respond to this post or send me a PM. If your on this list and your not me or MADGAME please let me know that you are still interested (since I haven't spoken with you about it recently). I am currently taking over the organizing responsibilities from MADGAME.
I'm game! I'm usually online every night. I have two level 30 characters (Warlock and Hunter).

PS4: Kydd-BlaZe (I think I have you on my friends list already).

Sullichin

it's similar to TDYK but better in every category plus the 3 bonus rounds. It's the best of "that kind" of hand cannon. You can be a goddamn surgeon with it in the Crucible, plus the bonus rounds just make it feel "OP every so often." Thorn is a completely different beast.
Seems about right! Definitely bringing it into Rumble to upgrade it, seems most appropriate.

Rubenov

Hello. Regarding MADGAME's post we are looking to form a regular 2x Hard Raid group on PS4. We would like to play around 9pm or maybe 9:30pm EST on Weekdays. The best days for me personally are Thursday and Friday nights. We would like to try to knock it out twice weekly, some people may want to do it 3x but I only have two lvl 30 sunbro's. (I could maybe jump to 3x if my Titan ever gets any raid gear.) We are looking mainly for 30's or people with at least one 30 alt and with one or two maxed 300 attack legendary and exotic weapons weapons. Our hope is to really just get it done with a regular experienced crew rather than playing pick up raids each week.

If your interested please respond to this topic or send me a PM we could try to start tonight or tomorrow night at 9PM EST or 9:30pm EST depending upon when people can get on...

4. El Cuco (+ Friend?)
6. Rubenov25

If you are interested please respond to this post or send me a PM. If your on this list and your not me or MADGAME please let me know that you are still interested (since I haven't spoken with you about it recently). I am currently taking over the organizing responsibilities from MADGAME.

I'll be down for it any weekday.

man, after a control match i saw "astroturfing found <yellow word>", went by so fast i couldnt catch what it was, but i was sure i got an exotic! i'm like COME ON SHOW ME WHAT I GOT COME OOONNNNNNNN...... and it's the Monte Carlo. is it really that bad? i tried it out in the next match, did quite well with it actually, but everyone was lagging all over the place so maybe it was a fluke.

but damn, FINALLY. i must have played a 100 hours of Crucible and this is the first exotic.. pretty harsh.

LordofPwn

I've done maybe 12-20 tiger strikes and have only gotten 1 legendary engram, no exotics.

How are you people getting better drops? did i piss off RNGesus?

Sullichin

I've done maybe 12-20 tiger strikes and have only gotten 1 legendary engram, no exotics.

How are you people getting better drops? did i piss off RNGesus?
12-20 is nothing! The drop rates for exotics and even legendaries are bad. They are few and far between.

I load up bounties, try to knock them out in Tiger while upgrading a new weapon, while secretly hoping for Last Word (and Hawkmoon which I just got!!) at the end of every match. It's infuriating!

LordofPwn

12-20 is nothing! The drop rates for exotics and even legendaries are bad. They are few and far between.

I load up bounties, try to knock them out in Tiger while upgrading a new weapon, while secretly hoping for Last Word (and Hawkmoon which I just got!!) at the end of every match. It's infuriating!

That's reassuring, good to know drop rates are bad and it's not just me.

Please complete this sentence:
"I need 500 hive kills on the moon. The quickest way to do this is..."
People will say we woke the hive but if you want to have far more fun and keep from falling asleep, just do the Strike and you can mop up going into the temple in patrol mode afterwards. I think that's all it took for me.

EL CUCO

4. El Cuco (+ Friend?)

To the Guardianos that are interested in this: If I don't have you on PSN already, feel free to add me EL_CUCO305 and reference to the weekly GAF group :)

JayEH

Play the Dark Beyond mission. Go to the part where Dinklebot screams "We've waken the Hive!" or something like that. A BUNCH of hive come out. Make sure to not kill the knight, kill everyone else. Let the knight kill you. Rinse repeat. You can get it done in like 10-15 minutes. Make sure to put the mission difficulty high (>20). Just did this yesterday.

to load up the Heroic version of Sword of Crota.

Done correctly you should have 9 Majors in that mission, which should net you 180 of those "kills".

(hint: it works like the relic missions, and majors give you 20 points)

So I'm trying to use Share Factory and add in commentary, but I can't hear it once I've added it. Does anyone have experience with this?

Someone asked me to share a video of me throwing grenades over the rock at the Archon Priest, and I'd like to share it but I'm having trouble with a few things.

hydruxo

Trying to level up my Titan alt is so mindnumbingly boring. I'm at level 11 right now but ugh...going back and having to use these crappy weapons is awful haha.

Zakalwe

Banned
Over the weekend and into my AC Unity cleanse of Destiny I have heard of 2 more people - one random my friend was playing with and ANOTHER member of our regular raid group got the Last Word.

It feels like Destiny is purposefully taunting me now. Simultaneously enraging/poking fun of my last beleagered ounce of hope and also egging me on and singing the siren song to lure me back into the literal grind.

I'm not sure that i've ever had a game fuck my emotions so hard over some stupid item/weapon. The Unforgiven in Borderlands was close but this here? ... i mean what in the blue fuck else do i need to do now? I've got my lvl 30 .. i've normal/HM the raid multiple times. Ran strikes enough to equal out a whole godamned planet of enemies... as a final smiling middle finger to my dedication to this game I popped my 2nd ever random exotic from a strike on Monday night.

Lucky Rasberry.

Which i've had since week 2 from Xur.

That's completely leveled up.

And ON MY FUCKING PERSON. AGAIN. Just like my 2nd Ice Breaker dropped while i was using my first one.

Some fucking dark sense of humor these Bungie folks have. I'll tell ya that much for sure.

Dude, it's a good gun but it isn't worth what you're going through.

JayEH

Can he sell TLW? I was under the impression he is just cycling through the items he already sold.

I think someone on Reddit was able to see all the possible items he sells by tricking the game by changing the time in the PS4 settings and TLW was one of the things he could sell.

Sullichin

TWL is my most coveted exotic and by this thread I'm not alone. I wonder if the drop rate is worse than others. Really hoping to get something from Xur this week, it's been too long since he had anything I wanted and I'm loaded on that strange.

Zakalwe

Banned
TWL is my most coveted exotic and by this thread I'm not alone. I wonder if the drop rate is worse than others. Really hoping to get something from Xur this week, it's been too long since he had anything I wanted and I'm loaded on that strange.

I don't think it is. It's just that you don't often hear people pining for the Hard Light, Monte Carlo, etc...

Dante316

My friend got it yesterday lol, had to tell her how coveted and rare it is. She might nvr use it. Glad I got mine last week.

venom2124

Scablands is NOT the best place to farm relic iron. Buried city is.

I get 40+ relic iron in 15 minutes on the buried city run.

Haven't ever gotten 50 in that time unless I get lucky with a chest that gives me 12 relic iron at once.
Shhhhhhhhh. I love that buried city isn't so well known. Keeps other guardians from ruining my farming runs. Seriously though, it's probably my favorite farm spot in the game. Chests spawning on chests and relic iron popping up everywhere.

ocean

Banned
So I've never been a Hand Cannon guy. I've got a dropped The Devil You Know with good perks, Thorn and recently got Hawkmoon but they've all been vaulted. I usually use Auto Rifles in PvP and Scout Rifles in PvE.

I decided to give Hawkmoon a serious shot in the Crucible. I must admit, I'm surprised at how good it is. I can't wait to see how it performs in PvE once upgraded. I'm thinking I might start raiding with a HC as primary, at least during Atheon. I need more impact against Supplicants because I usually end up Ice Breaking them to kill them on time and then I'm low on ammo during Time's Vengeance.

I wanna have two leveled up Hand Cannons: a yellow and a purple. Since I don't have TLW, this means Hawkmoon as yellow...is TDYK the best non-raid Legendary HC?

At what level can I successfully do Vault of Glass? Are you expected to use a microphone?

I'm a level 25 Warlock with two pieces of legendary armor.

Wondering if anyone would be up to running a first timer through tonight (setting up a group) at about 1am Central?

Mazre

So I've never been a Hand Cannon guy. I've got a dropped The Devil You Know with good perks, Thorn and recently got Hawkmoon but they've all been vaulted. I usually use Auto Rifles in PvP and Scout Rifles in PvE.

I decided to give Hawkmoon a serious shot in the Crucible. I must admit, I'm surprised at how good it is. I can't wait to see how it performs in PvE once upgraded. I'm thinking I might start raiding with a HC as primary, at least during Atheon. I need more impact against Supplicants because I usually end up Ice Breaking them to kill them on time and then I'm low on ammo during Time's Vengeance.

I wanna have two leveled up Hand Cannons: a yellow and a purple. Since I don't have TLW, this means Hawkmoon as yellow...is TDYK the best non-raid Legendary HC?

Definitely can't go wrong with TDYK as your legendary HC option, vendor version is solid.

Greenymac

I say yes....many like the lord high fixer and timurs lash although Ive never used the last two. I always raid with a handcannon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom