• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

If Xur doesn't have the god damn gjallahorn tomorrow I'm done with destiny...

No... no, I'm not, I just can't quit you destiny :(

gdt

Had 3 bail at the gatekeeper checkpoint on normal, so just need 2 people to hop on and get some sweet loot. It's pretty much almost done of course.

Ps4 gdt5016. Just join in for a quick raid wrap up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I've never been a Hand Cannon guy. I've got a dropped The Devil You Know with good perks, Thorn and recently got Hawkmoon but they've all been vaulted. I usually use Auto Rifles in PvP and Scout Rifles in PvE.

I decided to give Hawkmoon a serious shot in the Crucible. I must admit, I'm surprised at how good it is. I can't wait to see how it performs in PvE once upgraded. I'm thinking I might start raiding with a HC as primary, at least during Atheon. I need more impact against Supplicants because I usually end up Ice Breaking them to kill them on time and then I'm low on ammo during Time's Vengeance.

I wanna have two leveled up Hand Cannons: a yellow and a purple. Since I don't have TLW, this means Hawkmoon as yellow...is TDYK the best non-raid Legendary HC?
For PvE, the Vendor version of TDYK is pretty superlative among legendaries. What perks does yours have?
Jesus Christ, some dude with HC killed me in like two shots. Cmon now.
Coulda been Hawkmoon talon rounds :D

to load up the Heroic version of Sword of Crota.

Done correctly you should have 9 Majors in that mission, which should net you 180 of those "kills".

(hint: it works like the relic missions, and majors give you 20 points)

I did this 3 times. Easy and the sword makes it bearable, thanks. I'll awake the hive some other time. Now, to kill with void damage

Hoodbury

At what level can I successfully do Vault of Glass? Are you expected to use a microphone?

I'm a level 25 Warlock with two pieces of legendary armor.

Wondering if anyone would be up to running a first timer through tonight (setting up a group) at about 1am Central?

25 is too low. See if you can get an exotic from Xur tomorrow and level that up. You should be able to get to 27 or 28 with an exotic and 2 legionaries I believe.

Do you have rank 2 with any factions yet where you can buy a third legendary piece?

At what level can I successfully do Vault of Glass? Are you expected to use a microphone?

I'm a level 25 Warlock with two pieces of legendary armor.

Wondering if anyone would be up to running a first timer through tonight (setting up a group) at about 1am Central?
25 is pretty damn low. You will seriously be struggling. I strongly recommend at least 26. And yes you should definitely use a mic. Communication is VERY important.

lunlunqq

I'm not even sure what I want from Xur any more. I shouldn't hope for what I truly want because then RNGesus will know and deny it... Maybe if we all think about something that we do not want, it will turn out to be something we want... Destiny makes me crazy... :(

Deku Tree

Okay, I might be interested here.

I have a 30 titan, 29 warlock and 28 hunter (could be 29, just lazy about farming mats).

This is me: http://destinytracker.com/destiny/player/ps4/Kor_of_Memory

Have a 300 Epilogue, IceBreaker and Corrective Measure.

I still need a group to run it with my second 30, but tomorrow night I have something going on (should be good every friday after that) and my first group doesn't have a set schedule for when we run it, so there could be possibly be conflicts. So...put me down as a tentative maybe?

Thursdays normally work well for me, I'd be down.

I'm game! I'm usually online every night. I have two level 30 characters (Warlock and Hunter).

PS4: Kydd-BlaZe (I think I have you on my friends list already).

I'll be down for it any weekday.

To the Guardianos that are interested in this: If I don't have you on PSN already, feel free to add me EL_CUCO305 and reference to the weekly GAF group :)

Fantastic! Ok I am editing this post again. here is a list of everyone who responded in the order I heard from them

Deku Tree (PS4: DekuBleep)
MADGAME (PS4: MADGAME)
El Cuco (PS4: EL_CUCO305)
ErnieMcCracken
Kydd-BlaZe
Rubenov25
SharkJAW

Here is a list of more people who I am grateful who responded who said “maybe” or "possibly" or put me down as an "alt" or I haven’t heard from you recently or you just recently responded

Kor of Memory
Angry Guy
Hung Wei Lo
milkham (PS4:?)

If I don't have you on PS4 PSN already please feel free to add me DekuBleep and reference to the weekly GAF group or tell me your PSN so I can add you. I am not 100% sure if I have ErnieMcCracken, but I think I have everybody else.

Do you want to start tonight at 9PM EST or 9:30PM EST? Can everybody confirm when they can start? This list is almost two RAID groups lolz. I haven't yet talked to MADGAME to see if he can play tonight either. (I just edited this post so its slightly different from before.)

25 is too low. See if you can get an exotic from Xur tomorrow and level that up. You should be able to get to 27 or 28 with an exotic and 2 legionaries I believe.

Do you have rank 2 with any factions yet where you can buy a third legendary piece?

No additional rank. At least I don't think so. Do I wear anything special to do their quests for rep?

Thank you for the feedback though. Tomorrow I'll be getting some legendary quest machine gun from Xur. And I think I'll be able to upgrade my armor a couple more times. So I know I can get to 26 no problem...27 may be an issue..

hydruxo

So I've never been a Hand Cannon guy. I've got a dropped The Devil You Know with good perks, Thorn and recently got Hawkmoon but they've all been vaulted. I usually use Auto Rifles in PvP and Scout Rifles in PvE.

I decided to give Hawkmoon a serious shot in the Crucible. I must admit, I'm surprised at how good it is. I can't wait to see how it performs in PvE once upgraded. I'm thinking I might start raiding with a HC as primary, at least during Atheon. I need more impact against Supplicants because I usually end up Ice Breaking them to kill them on time and then I'm low on ammo during Time's Vengeance.

I wanna have two leveled up Hand Cannons: a yellow and a purple. Since I don't have TLW, this means Hawkmoon as yellow...is TDYK the best non-raid Legendary HC?

Hawkmoon is the only primary I use in PvP anymore. As long as you're consistently accurate with it, you can get kills in 3 shots.

Deku Tree

I'm in on this, if you guys have space. Thursdays/Fridays are best for me as well. I'll add you.

Ok. Great! I'll add you. Could you start tonight (as in my post above)? I got more than enough responses as you can see in my post above but I am not 100% sure yet who is coming for 100% certain.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Dude, it's a good gun but it isn't worth what you're going through.

Well you see... I always use hand cannons. Always. My favorite type of gun/gunplay in basically every game I play. My favorite type of hand cannon? Old school peacemaker style goodness. Fan the hammer? Check. Super stylized craziness etched into the grip and barrel? Check. Hard and fast standard damage? PvP skill centric death machine? Dat sound when it fires?

I'm not dieing on the inside because I need it for a raid or something. like I said.. i'm 30d out with fully upgraded Raid Rifles and my PI continues to dominate the crucible. I don't need it to do well in the game or anything..

I just NEED it. So i'll never get it. Naturally.

Melchiah

ibJ4I0lqwxWSX.jpg

The first time I stumble onto a chest that hold this many materials.

gdt

Need 3 for a normal raid at the gatekeepers. 3 bailed so just need to wrap up this raid and get the loot.

Ps4 gdt5016.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I know what you mean, but it's the better place to do bounties and patrol missions too.

Also, more satisfying to kill vex. You're basically one shotting everything in that area.

Do you have a youtube on hand for the loop at Buried City? I usually do Scablands.

Well you see... I always use hand cannons. Always. My favorite type of gun/gunplay in basically every game I play. My favorite type of hand cannon? Old school peacemaker style goodness. Fan the hammer? Check. Super stylized craziness etched into the grip and barrel? Check. Hard and fast standard damage? PvP skill centric death machine? Dat sound when it fires?

I'm not dieing on the inside because I need it for a raid or something. like I said.. i'm 30d out with fully upgraded Raid Rifles and my PI continues to dominate the crucible. I don't need it to do well in the game or anything..

I just NEED it. So i'll never get it. Naturally.
Do like me and pray to xur tonight. Actually tonight I think I'll just curse him.

Doingd tigers for bad juju bounty. On 22 and do far I've seen hawkmsoon drop twice and an ice breaker. But not for me. Thy not me. When Gonna be my time!

phen0m24

My son took my TDYK from the Vanguard vendor. He's having fun leveling it up. I still suck with them. I tried it on a high level strike and it wasn't hitting as hard as my AE
which I know is a joke but I'm a believer in the "wall of lead" approach
but I'll try again when I get Fatebringer before Hawkian next time we raid.
Mwahaha

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Do like me and pray to xur tonight. Actually tonight I think I'll just curse him.

I've passed praying. Tonight is a blood sacrifice before I bite the bullet and put Destiny down for a while (except for my Monday night refresh run for the Raid and Nightfall and stuff).

too many games coming out over the next month to keep beating my head against this wall. I've decided to give Dark Below a chance. The raid needs to impress the shit out of me or i'm bowing out of the next round of DLC for Bloodborne.

Mindlog

Legendary engram turned into a Bad See Down. Meh, I already had one.
Perks: Full Auto, Glass Half Full
Not bad.
I do this with Thorn. It's trollrific
Everything is coming up roses well since I switched to Thorn. Crazy fun gun for me.
I even got a Hazard Pay medal! Doesn't have anything to do with Thorn, but I never thought I would get that one. Threw my void seeker outside A on Rusted Lands and Hazard Pay popped up.

Anyone interested in Hard Mode soon?

todd360

Xur better have sunbro armor tomorrow. Atleast have the chest engram so I can take a lottery ticket chance. Although I had 2 chances before and still lost.

shem935

Banned
Legendary engram turned into a Bad See Down. Meh, I already had one.
Perks: Full Auto, Glass Half Full
Not bad.

Everything is coming up roses well since I switched to Thorn. Crazy fun gun for me.
I even got a Hazard Pay medal! Doesn't have anything to do with Thorn, but I never thought I would get that one. Threw my void seeker outside A on Rusted Lands and Hazard Pay popped up.

Anyone interested in Hard Mode soon?

I would be up for it as well. Shem0275

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom