• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nodnol

Wait, the IB level 30 gear is gauntlets and boots!?!?

Too perfect; the only Raid gear I have, as of now, is chest.

Guess I'm hammering IB!

hydruxo

New Iron Banner info:

Here’s a confirmation of everything you’ll need to know if you’re to prosper in the new, improved, and exceedingly dangerous Iron Banner:

Power. Does. Matter! (no, really)
-Only players Level 20 and above can lead a Fireteam
-Players below Level 20 can accompany more powerful friends
-Players within 3 Levels can be competitive with each other
-Your DEFENSE rating affects how you take damage
Wear your best (highest rated) armor
Players out of your league will seem like a Boss
-Your ATTACK rating affects how you inflict damage
Equip your best (highest rated) weapons
Lower-level players wielding fully-upgraded weapons should still be considered a very credible threat!

Claim victory to gain reputation.

-Lord Saladin now has five ranks to obtain through victory
-Your previous Iron Banner rank has been preserved
-The Tempered buff is a twelve-hour boost in reputation gains
-Activate Tempered later during the event to catch up faster

Acquire exclusive Iron Banner rewards.
-Increase your Rank to unlock better gear
-Reforge weapons to reset progression with new perks
-Earn gauntlets and boots to move you closer to Level 30
-See Lord Saladin for details!

Quitters never win.
-Reputation gains are only awarded only to the winners
-Defeat grants a token to be redeemed after a future win
-You can carry up to five Iron Medallions at any time
-Partial reputation gains are earned instantly upon victory

Strike while the Iron is hot.
-Your reputation will be reset at the conclusion of this Iron Banner
-Like any competitive activity, each new event is a chance to regain your standing

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
New IB sounds a little bit great, honestly. as those loss tokens start to pile up to 5 the thirst to win will be intense

just wish it wasn't control ;_;

Cømet

Banned
Soooo much relic iron! Got enough for all the upgrades I need to do now I think, so back to helium and spirit bloom tomorrow. Hope Santa Xur brings me something big and explosive tomorrow!

New IB stuff, kewl. Look forward to expanding my lvl 30 armoury.

your light is stronger than this, guardian. show them!

haha I had to google crucible announcer quotes since I never play it. Here's one:

"The last twelve pages are lost (to me). But there will be others."

Btw is there an easy way to make gifs from saved PS4 videos, like the raid ones you posted last night?

hydruxo

tease.jpg

What's this? Those "halloween sparrows"? Being able to do tricks while on a sparrow??

I might trade in CoD and get the expansion pass

What do people think is the "trick up their sleeves"?

It's a sparrow.

The details are still secured in a crate. Early next week, the information we’re guarding will fly through the air with the greatest of ease. When it lands, we want there to be no doubt that this is for you, and that you’ll have a chance to enjoy it first.

We want to make sure that you traverse the next leg of your journey in outrageous style.

tease.jpg

Seems quite obvious. Meh.

edit: dammit hydruxo

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Control is the best imo, with rumble its always shotty and sliding and smaller maps.
*shrug* nah :p
haha I had to google crucible announcer quotes since I never play it. Here's one:

"The last twelve pages are lost (to me). But there will be others."

Btw is there an easy way to make gifs from saved PS4 videos, like the raid ones you posted last night?
I was just capturing from my Twitch saved video with GifCam, which is SUPER easy, but not ideal for quality, thus their not-so-smoothness. Exporting a video from ps4 to youtube or whatever and capturing from there would work with the same principle. Make sure to set the framerate to something other than the default in GifCam.

Newbie raid in just about a half hour guys!

Here's the roster again:
1. FenixOne
2. Mr_Pickman
3. Hawkian
4. DaveS78
5. redpepper7336
6. trouble_brewin
It's a sparrow.

tease.jpg

Seems quite obvious. Meh.

edit: dammit hydruxo
well I WANT a cool sparrow so Meh to you, meh!

Kalamari

The update doesn't specifically say whether or not the boots and gauntlets are 30 light gear, just that they move you closer to 30.

So if things work out, just need the raid titan chest armor, I believe I can get my titan to lvl30 next weekend with a lot of grinding :) my warlock..still needs the raid helmen assuming I can get the raid arms or IB arms.Don't wanna replace praxic fire.

Dante316

tease.jpg

What's this? Those "halloween sparrows"? Being able to do tricks while on a sparrow??

I might trade in CoD and get the expansion pass

I wouldn't mind doing tricks on the Sparrow, looks like a fun destiny month. And I still haven't done my 2 weekly for 18 coins lol..., might as well wait till Saturday or Sunday since I already have 50 plus vpins.

Cømet

Banned
hes_comin_right_at_us.jpg

Honestly, this is what I'm looking forward to. I want some poor level 20s to quake as I stroll up to them and smash their faces in with my fist.

Gauntlets and boots are probably the least interesting slots from a cosmetic standpoint. But it sounds like many people are missing those raid pieces so hopefully more can get to 30 via IB. I was slightly interested if the armor looked cool but now I'll probably just stick with my raid gear.

JayEH

Raid boots ya! I hope they won't be too hard to get since I didn't rank up my IB rep at all last time it was up. (Have they said your rank carries over from last time yet?)

Cømet;138768997 said:
hes_comin_right_at_us.jpg

Honestly, this is what I'm looking forward to. I want some poor level 20s to quake as I stroll up to them and smash their faces in with my fist.

They are finally, FINALLY getting it. The moment they stop worrying about making every single activity on level footing for everyone, that's when the good fun begins.

I was just capturing from my Twitch saved video with GifCam, which is SUPER easy, but not ideal for quality, thus their not-so-smoothness. Exporting a video from ps4 to youtube or whatever and capturing from there would work with the same principle. Make sure to set the framerate to something other than the default in GifCam.

Awesome, that's exactly what I needed. Thanks so much!

Remember last week that guy who posted a video of dancing while riding the sparrow?

Bungie also tweeted it.

They are making it official and adding an easy way to activate it.

That's the trick up their sleeves.

Zakalwe

Banned
Cømet;138768163 said:
Soooo much relic iron! Got enough for all the upgrades I need to do now I think, so back to helium and spirit bloom tomorrow. Hope Santa Xur brings me something big and explosive tomorrow!

New IB stuff, kewl. Look forward to expanding my lvl 30 armoury.

It'll be Yallarhorn dude.

Believe.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Remember last week that guy who posted a video of dancing while riding the sparrow?

Bungie also tweeted it.

They are making it official and adding an easy way to activate it.

That's the trick up their sleeves.
Um, if you're right about that my verdict would be Fuck Yeah

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
quiet advice for those who will be taking the iron banner seriously next week and aren't averse to hand cannons and have thorn.

max.

thorn.

Cømet

Banned
They are finally, FINALLY getting it. The moment they stop worrying about making every single activity on level footing for everyone, that's when the good fun begins.

We're gonna be final bosses dude! *high five*

It'll be Yallarhorn dude.

Believe.

I want to believe, but I'm all but lost of hope :( Expect to be disappointed, I guess.

EDIT: There's a game mode there. One level 30 vs four (six?) level 25s (or whatever suits proper). Set it to the Cabal theme and BAM. Instant win game mode.

Could someone help explain to me how I died here at the Templar? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3PkF6FeQBA

I get hit with a Hobgoblin shot and then my screen starts to get fuzzy and I seem to kind of die out of nowhere.

You jumped in the air right when the relic holder used the super to take down his shield. You fell through the detain/suppression field which killed you.

Edit: you can see the detain bubble form around you at 0:01, waaaay up high in the air. You "died" right then when you fell through the bubble but it doesn't officially kill you for a few seconds.

patchday

Surprise Thursday update - cool! I am liking this new informative style of updates and next week sounds fantastic!

Oh thank goodness. They are finally communicating their plans. Guess they realized they better start being nice if they want folks to purchase the DLCs, etc.

Heck even bioware mass effect 3 multiplayer team communicated more than they have been doing

For those they may not know. ME3 MP had free DLCs for an entire year. Now- not saying go run and play that game cause it has deep flaws. Just making light observations is all.

JayEH

If I had the ass to do it, I would max thorn but noooooo Bungie wants me to wait weeks until they change the upgrade material economy.

blazeuk

Gauntlets from IB will hopefully be mine, then I'll just need the helmet for my Warlock to get to level 30, I'll just be happy to get to 29 at this point, after weeks of only getting energy and shards from the raid I've given up expecting to have any sort of luck getting what I need.

jred2k

You moved out of the detain field without destroying it.

Never jump or be in mid-jump while Templar is casting detain, you'll insta-die.

Same with Atheon on heroic.

You jumped in the air right when the relic holder used the super to take down his shield. You fell through the detain/suppression field which killed you.

Edit: you can see the detain bubble form around you at 0:01, waaaay up high in the air. You "died" right then when you fell through the bubble but it doesn't officially kill you for a few seconds.

Thanks.

When I watched it back again I noticed it pop up quickly and kind of figured that was what happened.I'll have to remember not to jump while the super is close to going off.

X-Frame

quiet advice for those who will be taking the iron banner seriously next week and aren't averse to hand cannons and have thorn.

max.

thorn.

Hmm, I am at a crossroads. Iron Banner is a great excuse to fully level up the "PvP" weapons I have, but IB only lasts a week and I have more pressing weapons to level for PvE and the raid and only a limit amount of ass energy right now.

For example, none of my shotguns are 300 Attack, because what is the point if they're only used for PvP. And if Iron Banner only comes for 1 week every month, not sure if the Attack rating is worth it unless you are swimming on ass energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom