• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Guy

I have the checkpoint saved for later use ;]
See if we can get a convenient time for others too.

I actually managed to get in there, there was a little communication breakdown, but that would be great too later on since I like skipping opening the Vault and the confluxes. Freakin' time vampires.

If any one wants to do Hard Mode Oracles and Templar please message: babyghost853 or Router_Go_Vroom

First 5 3 people will probably get easy loot. Naturally please have upgraded anti-oracle weapons.

First Hard raid of the week down.
Boots!
and 4 energy (praedyth's and atheon's epilogue)
The rest was Shards.

Will have to mine 64 Relic Iron for Iron Banner next week. I'm really waiting to hear what the expansion pass news is because honestly my guardian edition pre-order still bums me out.

still have room? Sent a FR: MrChowderClam

Cømet;138768997 said:
hes_comin_right_at_us.jpg

Honestly, this is what I'm looking forward to. I want some poor level 20s to quake as I stroll up to them and smash their faces in with my fist.

hnng I can't wait

Got my alt Titan to 28, joined a fireteam at Atheon. First run I'm in we take him down. So I got Thunderlord for 4 minutes of my time. Which means that Xur is selling it tomorrow. You're welcome.

well,

stick with accurized ballistics (this is your personal preference) and Send It.

Practice in PvE, fallen and Hive are your best bets IMO. If you're not able to easily get headshot without issues on basic mobs like Acolytes and Vandals you're definitely not ready.

erm. It definitely takes considerable skill to use well, which is why we're taking about a gun stated to be "buffed soon" lol

More importantly, and generally, unlike other hand cannons, you can play quite defensively since you DON'T need to get the killshot. All that needs to happen is that they have the debuff past a certain amount of health... it's very interesting. Basically, you should take a few shots at someone and hopefully connect, and just bail, don't worry about finishing that fight off if you're in trouble.

if you are accurate and can pull headshots off reliably it obviously takes on a much more vicious role in a match...

what class are you and do you have any gear that buffs hand cannon reload?

Titan, and no. My raid gear and exotic chest don't help with hand canon reloads.

If it were regular crucible I could probably swap something out and not care about the level loss, but for the upcoming IB that might not be a good idea. :)

Cømet;138768997 said:
hes_comin_right_at_us.jpg

Honestly, this is what I'm looking forward to. I want some poor level 20s to quake as I stroll up to them and smash their faces in with my fist.

With the right settings, they could make an evolve mode. 1 level 30 vs 6 20's.

gdt

Lots of gaffers in the raid helping out today, thanks for all the help.

Only got Atheon Epilogue, how is that. Low impact but seems stable as hell.

Cømet

Banned
hnng I can't wait

With the right settings, they could make an evolve mode. 1 level 30 vs 6 20's.

I want it baaaad. Can't get the thought of a level 30 titan inspiring true fear into a group of lower level hunters and warlocks. Gotta be that Cabal theme, that's titan music through and through.

Hell, limit the titan's weapons. They'd manage I'm sure lol

EDIT: Gotta say, didn't think much of it before now, but that pic really makes the titan raid helmet look intimidating.

I kind of feel bad. I just got fed up and shut off my PS4 during the Atheon fight.

I was using Destinylfg.net to find a pick up group, hoping to do a fresh run, but they were already at the gatekeepers... whatever, I decided to join.

It seemed like it was everyone's second or third time doing the raid. No big whoop, I've only done it three times before.
One guy is on the phone and not paying attention. Nobody knows what's going on. We wipe about 10 times during the gatekeeper part. It actually seemed like we were working together well, but nobody wanted to touch the relic at all during the Atheon fight. I usually don't, but I asked a few questions and thought I was picking it up ok, but we kept wiping. Somebody would forget an oracle, or someone else would have the relic and not be cleansing people. Often the people outside weren't clearing the supplicants and/or were not opening the right gate (even though our leader was clearly stating the direction each teleport. After about a dozen shots, I just had enough and pulled the plug. I think my biggest issue was that nobody was listening to the one guy who really knew what he was doing.
My lucky streak with pick up groups came to a halting stop with this horrible attempt.

I kind of feel bad. I just got fed up and shut off my PS4 during the Atheon fight.

I was using Destinylfg.net to find a pick up group, hoping to do a fresh run, but they were already at the gatekeepers... whatever, I decided to join.

It seemed like it was everyone's second or third time doing the raid. No big whoop, I've only done it three times before.
One guy is on the phone and not paying attention. Nobody knows what's going on. We wipe about 10 times during the gatekeeper part. It actually seemed like we were working together well, but nobody wanted to touch the relic at all during the Atheon fight. I usually don't, but I asked a few questions and thought I was picking it up ok, but we kept wiping. Somebody would forget an oracle, or someone else would have the relic and not be cleansing people. Often the people outside weren't clearing the supplicants and/or were not opening the right gate (even though our leader was clearly stating the direction each teleport. After about a dozen shots, I just had enough and pulled the plug. I think my biggest issue was that nobody was listening to the one guy who really knew what he was doing.
My lucky streak with pick up groups came to a halting stop with this horrible attempt.

Don't feel bad. Some people are far too casual in the raid when the situation demands much more attention. If you're rolling with an established group that knows the play, no biggie on a bit of goofing about. But people talking on the phone, or being distracted some other way - screw that. Also, the day of the chicken relic holder (used to be me) are over, and people need to get over that.

Cømet;138780769 said:
I want it baaaad. Can't get the thought of a level 30 titan inspiring true fear into a group of lower level hunters and warlocks. Gotta be that Cabal theme, that's titan music through and through.

Hell, limit the titan's weapons. They'd manage I'm sure lol

EDIT: Gotta say, didn't think much of it before now, but that pic really makes the titan raid helmet look intimidating.

I'm picturing my Hunter running around invisible like the Predator. Picking off the weak humans one at a time.

Agent

I don't think Warlock raid helmets exist. Just beat my 7th hard Atheon and got my 6th time breaker and shards. The helmet hunt continues to next week.

Xur should bring something good to make up for this nonsense.

I don't think Warlock raid helmets exist. Just beat my 7th hard Atheon and got my 6th time breaker and shards. The helmet hunt continues to next week.

Xur should bring something good to make up for this nonsense.

RNGesus blessed me with it on my first Atheon. But still waiting for those damn boots to drop...

Ourobolus

Banned
Lots of gaffers in the raid helping out today, thanks for all the help.

Only got Atheon Epilogue, how is that. Low impact but seems stable as hell.

Hopefully I'll be able to get on later. I kinda feel like staying up late so hopefully I can catch a fresh raid in the meantime.

neoism

ok WHAT THE FUUUCK I'm on the kill 200 enemies in a weekly nightfall strike for the pocket infinity and I'm killing enemies in the strike but its still at 0 of 200 what do???

:(

After I'm done with my current exotic bounties, I'll have:

3 Pocket Infinity
3 Thorn
3 Invective
2 Bad Juju
1 Super Good Advice

Should I just drop every exotic bounty from now on? I don't see a reason to get any more extras (Bad Jujux2 because it was'easy' to get, SGA to complete the set and the supposed hiliarious suppressing fire in PVP).

ok WHAT THE FUUUCK I'm on the kill 200 enemies in a weekly nightfall strike for the pocket infinity and I'm killing enemies in the strike but its still at 0 of 200 what do???

Start nightfall, kill anything that's lvl 28.
EG, start nightfall, go to the archives and the library and kill everything there, alternating between the two one area should respawn when you're done with the other.

Obscured

It has to be in areas when respawning is not allowed, so usually just past the first area you start in.

After I'm done with my current exotic bounties, I'll have:

3 Pocket Infinity
3 Thorn
3 Invective
2 Bad Juju
1 Super Good Advice

Should I just drop every exotic bounty from now on? I don't see a reason to get any more extras (Bad Jujux2 because it was'easy' to get, SGA to complete the set and the supposed hiliarious suppressing fire in PVP).
I have all 5 and there are so many more efficient ways to get Ascendant Energy. Drop them shits. Use your bounty spots to save time.

CornDogg

They are finally, FINALLY getting it. The moment they stop worrying about making every single activity on level footing for everyone, that's when the good fun begins.

Agreed. It's kind of funny - there kind of seemed to be conflicting design philosophies between PvE and PvP. They have made it seem like the raid isn't intended to be universally accessible to everyone, yet they watered down Iron Banner originally to allow more people to experience the content.

IB 2.0 seems like a big step in the right direction, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom