• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

All my hunter need is gauntlets to pop 30. So that'll be coo.

Titans just need gauntlets and boots.

Going to be weird to finally hit L30.

Too bad the DLC is right around the corner which bumps up the cap to L32

Idk still not happy with the way this game is going with all the vertical progression.

Angry Guy

Oh thank goodness. They are finally communicating their plans. Guess they realized they better start being nice if they want folks to purchase the DLCs, etc.

Heck even bioware mass effect 3 multiplayer team communicated more than they have been doing

For those they may not know. ME3 MP had free DLCs for an entire year. Now- not saying go run and play that game cause it has deep flaws. Just making light observations is all.

Now, since you aren't, I WILL say everyone go run and play that game because it's the shit! Most fun I've had with online multiplayer ever.

The RNG in that game was equally bullshit, but free updates for a year! And they were awesome updates! It was like they were pouring a bucket filled with incredible classes and guns and gametypes on you and going "Yeah, yeah, you love it, have some more!"

I want a Mass Effect HD Collection for the new generation of consoles just to experience that again.

Oh yeah, and I guess I want on a hard raid I guess. PSN's PaperDude42, 30 'lock or hunter, shitload of maxed badass weapons.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I so want to get better at using Thorn. I find myself not very good at headshots. Advice?
well,

stick with accurized ballistics (this is your personal preference) and Send It.

Practice in PvE, fallen and Hive are your best bets IMO. If you're not able to easily get headshot without issues on basic mobs like Acolytes and Vandals you're definitely not ready.

erm. It definitely takes considerable skill to use well, which is why we're taking about a gun stated to be "buffed soon" lol

More importantly, and generally, unlike other hand cannons, you can play quite defensively since you DON'T need to get the killshot. All that needs to happen is that they have the debuff past a certain amount of health... it's very interesting. Basically, you should take a few shots at someone and hopefully connect, and just bail, don't worry about finishing that fight off if you're in trouble.

if you are accurate and can pull headshots off reliably it obviously takes on a much more vicious role in a match...

what class are you and do you have any gear that buffs hand cannon reload?

EL CUCO

Oh crap. I step out for a sec to see what's the temp like in the NPD thread and I see an update rolled in.

Time to read. Saladin better have my 30 boots, yo.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Osiris must be part of the expansion if they haven't brought it out yet. Probably didn't expect people to be where they are despite all the stop gaps they put in place for progression.

IB2 sounds better though I was hoping for chest and gauntlets or helm. Oh well. Don't like rep being reset either but I'll see how long it takes to rank up first. Hopefully won't be too bad.

E92 M3

Oh thank goodness. They are finally communicating their plans. Guess they realized they better start being nice if they want folks to purchase the DLCs, etc.

Heck even bioware mass effect 3 multiplayer team communicated more than they have been doing

For those they may not know. ME3 MP had free DLCs for an entire year. Now- not saying go run and play that game cause it has deep flaws. Just making light observations is all.

Yes, it's been pulling me back in the game. Bungie being very communicative and catering to the community's desire is great.

--

On another note, has anyone noticed how it's better to kill Atheon on normal and hard separately for better loot. I can kill him on normal get 1 or 2 things. Kill him on hard and get 3 things. If I kill just on hard I still get only 3 things.

Anyone notice that?

Thanks.

When I watched it back again I noticed it pop up quickly and kind of figured that was what happened.I'll have to remember not to jump while the super is close to going off.

Yeah, very important to not jump on hard Atheon when T's V ends and everyone is running for cover. Also why keeping up with supplicant control is so crucial.

Forget about 29 vs 30, GHorns vs. whatever, etc. Communication is the most critical piece of any raid challenge.

McArkus

All my hunter need is gauntlets to pop 30. So that'll be coo.

Titans just need gauntlets and boots.

Going to be weird to finally hit L30.

Too bad the DLC is right around the corner which bumps up the cap to L32

Idk still not happy with the way this game is going with all the vertical progression.

Yeah, they should add something else to reach level 30 or 32, like using several motes of light to increase the light level of armor, 1 for uncommon, 5 for rare and 10 for legendary. Well, at least will be 30 with those IB boots

SkylineRKR

Yuck Fou, RNG.

This week, a played a lot with a girlfriend of mine. Nightfall, she gets Hard Light. I get some Legendary scout rifle. Raid, she gets Monte Carlo out of the chest (its shit but STILL), I get shards. Today, 5 Vanguard Tigers. We join in at nexus, someone who had the boss halfway down already. Guess what, she gets Plan C. I get blue stuff. Random fucking generator.

RNG is fucking me sideways this week. To top it off, the cryptarch gave me shit after feeding him 20 engrams. Xur is my last resort, hope for TLW. But he will sell Hard Light, Red Death, Remote or MIDA. Book it.

So I pray for Red Death, cuz I have it already. He won't sell it then.

TTG

It figures that the two Iron Banner items offered are the ones I absolutely don't need to get to level 30. Why would you offer chest or helmet items that are tuned for pvp anyway, right? Bleh. Can't wait for Red Death from Xur tonight as well by the way.

X-Frame

If Xur brings Gjallarhorn tomorrow, it'll benefit everyone in the game.

Reason being, the 'Horn is not going to dominate PvP because Truth is arguably a better RL and that's been sold twice already. Plus, most people not wanting to use the exotic slot in PvP on their heavy.

Whereas in PvE such as in the Raid and Strikes it'll only make boss encounters easier for everyone. Once Xur does sell it, I imagine that the Atheon will be noticeably easier to kill.

Compare that to when Xur sells The Last Word -- Crucible is going to be very interesting!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Anyone recommend a good heavy weapon that you can buy in stores? All I have are exotics and I need a legendary for the times I'm using an exotic special or primary.

And I should bother leveling up a legendary weapon to get more energy or does it yield the same amount if I dismantle it right away?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
DaveS78 please join the PS party so we can hear each other if you see this!

Also trouble brewin is possibly a no-show, are you there log? o_o

SkylineRKR

Anyone recommend a good heavy weapon that you can buy in stores? All I have are exotics and I need a legendary for the times I'm using an exotic special or primary.

And I should bother leveling up a legendary weapon to get more energy or does it yield the same amount if I dismantle it right away?

level it up for 5 energies. I think I always get 5 once I have it about 75% leveled.

EL CUCO

Pretty good update, I think. I like how thought out the chat option seem to be but we'll see in practice.

I wonder if Lord Saladin can reforge any weapon, or just IB specific.

Tovarisc

News - Voice Chat [Beta] in Destiny, more details about how it will work.

Strike_Team_Chat.jpg

Fireteam_Chat.jpg

Namikaze1

Finally, Iron Banner!

Which means...
*takes out hit list*
Ah yes. The list containing all the gaffers who have gotten a Last Word since the last IB.

I'm taking all you jerks down! Especially fig!

arimanius

I'm torn about iron banner. Looking forward to it but my highest guy is my 28 Titan and I enjoy my 25 hunter more. Going to be painful. :(

For everyone who has bought guardian edition... Have you guys downloaded the expansion already? Or is it in your library or something?

I used my code and it just shows up as Destiny Expansion Pass in my Download List. Doesn't show me what the file size is, but I'm sure it was just a small file to know that I own that content.

rNilla

Took down Draksis from the doorway to his chamber with The Truth. Just kept shooting over into his hiding place. Waltzed over to see his corpse and Mission End pops up. Haha.

Mindlog

If any one wants to do Hard Mode Oracles and Templar please message: babyghost853 or Router_Go_Vroom

First 5 3 people will probably get easy loot. Naturally please have upgraded anti-oracle weapons.

First Hard raid of the week down.
Boots!
and 4 energy (praedyth's and atheon's epilogue)
The rest was Shards.

Will have to mine 64 Relic Iron for Iron Banner next week. I'm really waiting to hear what the expansion pass news is because honestly my guardian edition pre-order still bums me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom