• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLBridges

congrats on the ballerhorn, hawkian /spoilers

Everytime I see a post with someone getting the Gjallahorn (yes, I will always call it the in-game name) I smh at my ignorance the week Xur sold it. Xur, Gjallahorn this week or you getting run out of the tower lol. Grats though to Hawkian.

I kind of feel bad. I just got fed up and shut off my PS4 during the Atheon fight.

I was using Destinylfg.net to find a pick up group, hoping to do a fresh run, but they were already at the gatekeepers... whatever, I decided to join.

It seemed like it was everyone's second or third time doing the raid. No big whoop, I've only done it three times before.
One guy is on the phone and not paying attention. Nobody knows what's going on. We wipe about 10 times during the gatekeeper part. It actually seemed like we were working together well, but nobody wanted to touch the relic at all during the Atheon fight. I usually don't, but I asked a few questions and thought I was picking it up ok, but we kept wiping. Somebody would forget an oracle, or someone else would have the relic and not be cleansing people. Often the people outside weren't clearing the supplicants and/or were not opening the right gate (even though our leader was clearly stating the direction each teleport. After about a dozen shots, I just had enough and pulled the plug. I think my biggest issue was that nobody was listening to the one guy who really knew what he was doing.
My lucky streak with pick up groups came to a halting stop with this horrible attempt.
Yeah gonna avoid helping nongaffers and rl friends. Always had bad times doing it.

Any kindly Gaffers want to help out a lowly 26 get the last strange coins he needs in the weekly strike? At the boss. Thanks!

PS4: Captscience

gdt

Hopefully I'll be able to get on later. I kinda feel like staying up late so hopefully I can catch a fresh raid in the meantime.

Lots of people from Gaf on now. Shouldn't be too hard. Looking to raid once more this weekend, so hopefully we can hook up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
another gjallar

<3

:D
Titan, and no. My raid gear and exotic chest don't help with hand canon reloads.

If it were regular crucible I could probably swap something out and not care about the level loss, but for the upcoming IB that might not be a good idea. :)
Defender, with warmachine. Every time you can force barrier, force barrier. use the one that extended duration and strength

another gjallar

<3

:D

Defender, with warmachine. Every time you can force barrier, force barrier. use the one that extended duration and strength

Yup, that's usually how I roll unless I am in the mood to pull out striker for especially annoying bunch up groups and some cry havoc love for multikills :)

I will certainly work on it. Would be great though if the Thorn buff is a bigger mag and faster reload, whenever that comes along.

SoulClap

I got the raid chest for my Titan last week and the boots and grieves this week. Looks like I'm on my way to level 30. I can't believe it. Now if I could stop getting ascendant energy and start getting some shard drops I'd be set.

I got the raid chest for my Titan last week and the boots and grieves this week. Looks like I'm on my way to level 30. I can't believe it. Now if I could stop getting ascendant energy and start getting some shard drops I'd be set.

I need energy and I have over 150 shards....

ethomaz

Banned
Hello guys.

I'm in vacation since last Saturday until next Monday... so I will lost all the fun but I will have the chance to play at the least the Nightfall, Weekly and some raids before reset on Tuesday.

And you know what?

G.horn will be sell in few hours just because I couldn't buy it :(

I'm really... really pissed... but I'm on vacation so it is fair :p

another gjallar
You are dead to me.

BTW when start the IB 2.0?

LordofPwn

Ran hard raid through confluxes before the 6th joined. Got through gatekeeper by the skin of our teeth. Atheon glitches like crazy. It was awful, and we were running with 3 29's that couldn't stay alive. Worst raid experience I've had, and I've been the one that's screwed up flawless runs. I never plan on running hard with my hunter, because I like my exotic helms. But id like to be able to run it with my Titan and get the helm eventually but man, with all these glitches hard mode isn't fun. I still need my warlock helm (tried numerous times and nothing) this time all I got was my 5th time breaker and a couple shards, pretty sure it didn't give me a double drop like how it should have... Idk it just feels like being bullied. Might just stick to normal from now on till things get fixed.

Anyone up for a normal run in a bit?

I got my first Vanguard Mentor Missive!
Super Good Advice SHALL BE MINE!
(It was either that, Bad Juju(not only is that bad, I also like Red Death as my main Pulse Rifle) or Pocket Infinity(Eh. Would prefer Plan C)

Angry Guy

So far the Heroic Atheon drop has given me 3 Thunderlords, 4 Mythoclasts, and 8 hard raid ships. I'm beginning to think I should give up hope on ever seeing any different Exotics, let alone Hawkmoon or Last Word...

Zocano

The weekly update sounds very promising!

Guess I should go around maxing some of my exotic weapons.

Plan C and Thorn, les go.

CornDogg

I got my first Vanguard Mentor Missive!
Super Good Advice SHALL BE MINE!
(It was either that, Bad Juju(not only is that bad, I also like Red Death as my main Pulse Rifle) or Pocket Infinity(Eh. Would prefer Plan C)

26 strikes isn't that bad. Weeklies and Nightfalls count as more than one, which helps speed things along.

Xamdou

According to that Official Iron Banner post, we can only gain gauntlets and boots that can boost us to lvl 30!? I only need either the helmet or chest to get my Warlock to LVL 30 and now I can't even do that in Iron Banner ffs!

Anyone up for a normal run in a bit?

I can bring my 30 TItan on a normal run.

I would love if people were down for a little exploration though, e.g. taking the relic out of GKs back to the Gorgons, exploring around after Atheon fight, etc. I believe in the secrets.

Yeah, I should be able to do one this weekend too.

Any GAFers doing a fresh normal run? 28 Hunter
PSN: Ourobolus

3 right here

I can bring my 30 TItan on a normal run.

I would love if people were down for a little exploration though, e.g. taking the relic out of GKs back to the Gorgons, exploring around after Atheon fight, etc. I believe in the secrets.

3 right here

invite me!

30 titan

psn bulletsmoke

ethomaz

Banned
Wait IB 2.0 will give gauntlets and boots? So finally all the guys that can't get the boots will level up to 30.

Well I will try to get some for my nearly created Hunter.

Cool, I took Pocket Infinity. Thanks for the advice, all. It seems like a reasonably easy bounty too, compared to this Thorn bounty I've had clogging up one slot for weeks.

Normal PS4 Raid to start soon

1.) LordofPwn
2.) Boguester (PSN DrDrizzay101)
3.) Ourobolus
4.) bulletsmoke
5.) gdt5016
6.) sandboxgod

Edit: Full now. I will start sending party chat invites. Doing daily now until everyone is together if anyone wants to join on me.

Wait IB 2.0 will give gauntlets and boots? So finally all the guys that can't get the boots will level up to 30.

Well I will try to get some for my nearly created Hunter.

Wait what? I've been raiding every week since week 1 and my Warlock still didn't get the boots. So this is great news for me. Do you have a source? I haven't kept up with this thread for a while.

EDIT: Ah I see, there has been a Thupdate.

LordofPwn

1.) LordofPwn
3.) Ourobolus
4.) bulletsmoke
5.) gdt5016
6.) sandboxgod

Edit: Full now. I will start sending party chat invites. Doing daily now until everyone is together if anyone wants to join on me.
Be there soon

NeOak

So I bought the white ps4/destiny bundle.

What are my options as far as upgrading my destiny copy? Premium? Limited? Season Pass? Digital?

Get the season pass. The other stuff is cosmetic.

1.) LordofPwn
3.) Ourobolus
4.) bulletsmoke
5.) gdt5016
6.) sandboxgod

If you need a replacement i'm around.

Deku Tree

Thanks for the Hard Raid! About 1.5 hours. Only three trips to the middle, and only one Atheon wipe. Not bad. Got lots of shards and energies, another raid helm, and another timebreaker. It was fun.

GhaleonEB

After weeks of slowly working toward it I finally have my legendary scout rifle, from the Vanguard armory. Spent all but one Vanguard mark (at least we have still have each other).

It goes by the fearsome name of.... A.1F19X-RYL

WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom