• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarnold56

Ugh was soloing the nightfall, had the boss to less than a quarter health and died to my own grenade. I had been throwing grenades from the same spot the whole time. Not sure what happened. Frustrating.

SnakeEyes

Banned
After weeks of slowly working toward it I finally have my legendary scout rifle, from the Vanguard armory. Spent all but one Vanguard mark (at least we have still have each other).

It goes by the fearsome name of.... A.1F19X-RYL

WTF
Until you get the Raid Scout Rifle "Visions of Confluence", then you'll never use any other Scout Rifle again.

Thanks for the Hard Raid! About 1.5 hours. Only three trips to the middle, and only one Atheon wipe. Not bad. Got lots of shards and energies, another raid helm, and another timebreaker. It was fun.
Thanks for the invite! Perfect timing since I hopped online to join another group but they were full.

No worthwhile drops for me this time. Still missing corrective measure and the epilogue.

R0ckman

I think I may be finally done with the VoG with my main character. I'll still be helping my friends on PSN and GAF who ask for it, but it feels great to not have to worry about RNG, Now to level up my gear for Iron Banner.

Also, any reason why on Mars I'm constantly seeing people farming the first area with the Vex and Cabal warring?

The road to top ten continues, your_demize is ranked around #59 now according to destiny tracker, I'm somewhere in the #1500s. Streaming again tonight and we're looking for others to play with. 1 for skirmish, or if we can get 4 people we will take on control. If you ever wanted to play control with an entire fireteam of communicative and effective players, tonight is the night. It should be legendary so get in here and post in the chat that you want in!

http://www.twitch.tv/your_demize
He's still having issues with Twitch chat so I'm running my stream as a backup again. I will get to his chat in between games though.
http://www.twitch.tv/riskvsreward

blackflag

Yesterday I finally got one of my three level 29s to 30 and also got a totally bad ass legendary shader called "Amalthea". It was from levelling up New Monarchy. Red with white trim...looks especially bad ass on a Titan.

Just read the weekly update. Maybe I'm feeling negative but I'm getting real tired of these exotics being ignored.

Not even 7 days ago they said they were getting updated before the DLC. Take a breath. They're making massive changes in that same time frame.

Sure, JuJu & Mytho have been languishing, but unless I missed my mark this isn't about just them anymore. It's going to be taking a look at all the exotics. And they're likely bundling the changes in with an update about how we're going to keep leveling them with the expansion. Bungie is committed to exotics always being valuable and good balance changes for lots of weapons takes time.

NastyBook

I just need No Backup Plans to to reach a high 29 so I live 5 seconds longer than normal when up against Supplicants on Hard Raids. Boots in the Raid would be perfect, too.

Fenix

That was super fun Hawkian, thanks a bunch. Everyone was pretty awesome and gave me some good laughs.

What wasn't fun was only shaders & energy for the first time completing the raid. Fuuuuuuck.

blackflag

Wow wtf I just got another sick legendary shader that's basically the opposite of the other one. White with red trim. "Nefertiti AK"

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Awesome newbie raid tonight! So awesome to see that continuous improvement. Everyone played extremely well tonight and I'm pretty sure every single person got their hands on the relic at least once. Really satisfying and fun doing these, and thanks to all who tuned in to watch on Twitch!

One thing that is really motivating for me is that each time I've done one of these, the total completion time has gone down, even though it was a tooootally different group each time, different experience levels, weapon loadouts, etc.- which just reaffirms for me that what matters most is a communicative team, willing to be patient and learn from wipes. I'm finally getting more confident speeding through stuff like the Gorgons, jumping sections, and the Right Way To Use Gjallarhorn when it's Atheon time.

Encountered one of the worst "immortal minotaurs" I've yet seen tonight. I have to gif that guy. I should've jump smashed, admittedly, but I really fell in love with that Shoulder Charge I was totally ignoring until now like an idiot. Do NOT enjoy the sunisnger contorls with the Relic though, not, one, bit. Need to unlock Voidwalker Blink for holding the Relic, Fireborn be damned (
not that it didn't save us from wiping a number of times :X
).

No need to swap Atheon's Epilogue or Gjallarhorn between my two gelcapped characters anymore :D
That was super fun Hawkian, thanks a bunch. Everyone was pretty awesome and gave me some good laughs.

What wasn't fun was only shaders & energy for the first time completing the raid. Fuuuuuuck.
That's a bad roll no doubtaboutit. But I'm glad you had a good time- hopefully next time the RNs will be G-ed in your favor.

That was a lot of fun and for once I actually needed the shards, though I definitely appreciated the hunter boots. Now if I could just get them for my titan...

Ridli

After weeks of slowly working toward it I finally have my legendary scout rifle, from the Vanguard armory. Spent all but one Vanguard mark (at least we have still have each other).

It goes by the fearsome name of.... A.1F19X-RYL

WTF

Grats! Nothing like a fresh new rifle.

I like to imagine that weapon was named by a cat walking on a keyboard.

Mupod

whenever I get the '3 wins in crucible' bounty, every match I enter is in progress and the score is like 18000-4000 for the other team. Lots of fast marks at least.

Do you get more loot if you do normal raid and then hard or does hard completion include all the potential loot?

Also can you get anything but ass from the gorgon chest?

adin75

Until you get the Raid Scout Rifle "Visions of Confluence", then you'll never use any other Scout Rifle again.

So much this, I have barely used another primary since I got it. Yet to try it under raid conditions, hopefully can get into a group over the weekend and give it a run.

Anyone for normal raid? Level 27 Warlock on PS4.

Mains are Level 30 Titan and Level 29 Hunter, dozens of raid clears normal and hard.

Cosmos_Man

BadAss2961

Do you get more loot if you do normal raid and then hard or does hard completion include all the potential loot?

Also can you get anything but ass from the gorgon chest?
I haven't tried it yet myself, but reading around, supposedly you get double loot rolls for each section when you skip to hard. This apparently also doubles your chances of getting the hard mode only item drops.

Fenix

That's a bad roll no doubtaboutit. But I'm glad you had a good time- hopefully next time the RNs will be G-ed in your favor.
For sure Mr double Ballerhorn :p.

If anyone from tonight's raid (or others!) wants to run weeklys/night falls/raids on Wednesdays going forward (my girlfriend probly had as much as she could handle of me hogging the tv tonight) I am down. Other than that I've had my fill of RNG for a while and my Halo MCC should be arriving tomorrow.

micah

Looking to see if anyone is up for late night raid run. Will do hard or normal pending on who shows interest since I have two chars I need to run it on.

If anyone is interested hit me up on here or PSN. Would like to start around 11pm MST; which is in just over 30mins.

PSN - m1cah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom