• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Until a few weeks ago, I didn't let her have anyone on her FR, and had messaging and voice chat blocked. I did let her play matchmaking, though. Now, she's slowly adding folks from here on DestinyGAF. If any of you are meanies I'll have her unfriend ya. :p

I'm not letting her FR randoms, just folks from this community, or family, for now.

Yeah, gaffers are great, but as I found out the other day...a friend of a friend can make things difficult. I guess if everyone on both players' lists are cool, and she sends out the invites (as opposed to dropping in on a game), everyone in the party would have been parent approved, and know what they're walking into.

I'm sending you a PM.

gatti-man

Yep saw that a few days ago. Tested it out myself and it does indeed not work on Hive majors. If anyone has Black Hammer and hasn't maxed it out yet, definitely don't pick the Hive Disruptor perk at the end. Pretty ridiculous that a perk that is supposed to help you out actually makes the gun less useful. I'm hoping I get another Black Hammer on one of my alts so I can max it and not purchase the Hive Disruptor perk.

Yeah I saw that on redditt the day after I upgraded mine. Not a big deal since black hammer is mainly a strike weapon for me. Nothing else stays still long enough for three consecutive head shots or maybe I just suck lol.

R0ckman

Seriously. This grind for Eris is not fun. Not enough variety and the Titan specific ones are just punitive and

That's good or Destiny |OT13| Lvl 4 Eris is over 4000!!!!

Hopefully this means the drop rate if the crux of crota isn't that bad, just to even out the grind process and motivate people who just raid to grind in the main game. Might actually be why the did this in the first place.

EL CUCO

Can you even max Black Hammer without purchasing the Hive disruptor perk?

If not, looks like mine is staying at 312 for a while :(

So I'm switching between shader and non shader on my raid gear and it's occurred to me that Cryptographic (the CE raid shader) is basically a shinier version of the raid gear's default color palette. Pretty disappointing to be honest.

Thunderdevil on the raid gear though... oh my god :eek:

Didn't get a Mythoclast last night but I did finally get Aspect of Glass which is a nice looking ship. Also finally got my Hunter Raid helm, only a few weeks too late to be useful. Too bad, I really like the look of it, but it is now more useful as shards sadly.

Mindlog

Trying to enjoy Iron Banner, but I've been experiencing some horrendous lag these past few games. Logging isn't helping. Even the capture zones lag.

*Probably already posted, but I'll be using this as my final reference on explosive damage.
There seems to be a lot of misleading information on this subreddit regarding the Explosive Rounds perk. Let's look at its use from a practical standpoint.

TLDR; Explosive rounds are fine.
My Scout Rifle with ER/AP has now been confirmed as my favorite primary without a special damage type. It works for every occasion.

So I'm switching between shader and non shader on my raid gear and it's occurred to me that Cryptographic (the CE raid shader) is basically a shinier version of the raid gear's default color palette. Pretty disappointing to be honest.

Thunderdevil on the raid gear though... oh my god :eek:

I really like the level 2 Eris Shader something Dawn. Makes my hunter cloak look like it's made of red velvet.

gatti-man

When was the last time Eris had a Titan-specific bounty? Feels like the 3rd day or something. Every day it's a Hunter one!

Haha, just saw this above. I agree completely.

It's been a long while. I don't know which I liked more shoulder charging wizards or punching cursed thrall. Just kidding cursed thrall literally had me cursing at bungie while I did it.

I really like the level 2 Eris Shader something Dawn. Makes my hunter cloak look like it's made of red velvet.

Predawn looks similar to the default raid gear look and Crypographic, which makes the raid shader that much more disappointing. I'll probably rock that Sunsetting shader once I get Eris's level that high

Meneses

Quick (and probably dumb) question:

What do the IceBreaker's perks from the second column actually do?

I don't see any stat changes, or even a scope change. And the descriptions sound a bit confusing to me.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
No fatebringer from HM VoG, but I got timepiece, which I had no clue that it was arc damage. It's no fatebringer, but at least I have an arc primary for arc burn now.

hydruxo

Quick (and probably dumb) question:

What do the IceBreaker's perks from the second column actually do?

I don't see any stat changes, or even a scope change. And the descriptions sound a bit confusing to me.

Changes the recoil of the gun. For example, Linear Compensator makes the recoil go straight up, etc.

Top Bottom