• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Master List of all Destiny Patches & Updates

1auYOUP.jpg
h75srRG.jpg

EeubWMb.jpg

-----

rAHdzFZ.png

845i6S9.png

(Read these if you have just reached level 20 or are frustrated with progression)
  • Part 1 (Progression at 20-25)
  • Part 2 (Xur's weekly visits, and getting to 26 and beyond; note, "What the Hell is Up with Engrams?" section doesn't apply since the engram patch)
  • Part 3 (27+, getting to 29 without RNG; note, goal 4.5 only applies when the Queen's Wrath missions are available)
  • Part 4a (Life at ~28)
  • Part 4b (Building with Exotics)

cVuWHXl.png

W9GhlFk.png

• Want help with raids? There's a specific thread for that here!
  • Want help with story missions and such? Check out this thread.
AQKZ3ij.png

Elegant weapon and armor pairings for thoughtful Guardians to consider. Refresh the page to see a new one!
Want to add a build to the Randomizer? Just PM me with the info in this format! The only truly necessary parts are the exotic choices and a small description of how to use it. Don't worry about finding the images, I'll add them.​

iaAEsMb.png

uifo8IV.png

kZnCCE8.png

(The Guardian Lords of GAF. Post your proof to be added!)
figadapaura
Namikaze1
todd360
Boguester
Steroyd
Ji66a-Man
GutZ31
LordofPwn
LiK
Stantron
iRAWRasaurus
areal
Mattiator
Lima
Owlowiscious
Johan Liebert
Lord of Castamere
Auto_aim1
Dave1988
Zakalwe
TearsOfBlood
TP-DK
Slamo
zewone
Dante316
Konosuke
GalacticToast
LollipoPReapeR
Computer Mk. II
Persona RS
rodiard
milkham
Duebrithil
EL CUCO
breakfuss
k1t4j
forrest
Sword Of Doom
Deku Tree
the_log_ride
Messiek
coy

-----

(Thanks LordofPwn and gutterboy44 for the album graphic!)

29TBzpn.png

Show them the true meaning of Christmas.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
I sold this a couple weeks ago for a decent price. I might pick it back up once all the patches and extra content and whatnot have settled. Started to get seriously pissed off with everything Bungie did when I was playing it.

Mindlog

Great op :]
Back in the cozy community.

Got tired of losing in IB and went ham. Cashed in 4 coins and most of my bounties.

GhaleonEB

*sprinkles pixie dust*

There, all better.

Love the title, though I'd have rolled with How the Cryptarch Stole Christmas, myself. Freaking Rahool.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks Ghal. A December 21st miracle.

About Rahool:

got my first Nightfall -> Legendary Engram -> 2 Energy reward today. remains the bottom of the barrel unless anyone can beat it.

it's nice to rely on an NPC I would gleefully strangle with my bare hands :D

Ryuuga

Banned
Crazy suggestion time:

I like what they did with the task-based xp for the husk of the pit. I was thinking how great it would be to have tasks assigned to each weapon perk node. You could complete each node either by conventional xp bonuses (bounties etc.,) or by fulfilling the tasks assigned to that node (100 precision shots on etc., enemy). While it's grinding either way, at least leveling each perk outlives the bounties we're given each day.

hydruxo

So how do you get the christmas event bungie said in the last weekly or the event havent started yet

Nothing yet, probably just gonna be a wearable consumable in our post like the Jackolytes on Halloween. It'd be cool if they put a tree in the tower with lights everywhere too haha.

Crazy suggestion time:

I like what they did with the task-based xp for the husk of the pit. I was thinking how great it would be to have tasks assigned to each weapon perk node. You could complete each node either by conventional xp bonuses (bounties etc.,) or by fulfilling the tasks assigned to that node (100 precision shots on etc., enemy). While it's grinding either way, at least leveling each perk outlives the bounties we're given each day.

but that would require thought and effort on Bungie's part

rNilla

I guess this is the "Christmas Event"?

Before we kick off, we should note that you should be on the lookout for some small stocking stuffers sometime after the Holidays have come and gone – a small token of our gratitude.

Namikaze1

I would face Crota naked if I could. I just need Gjallarhorn and nothing else. I'm telling you, I have no shame at all!

Jinjo

Maybe I should just succumb to the grind and spend my christmas holiday finally becoming Guardian Lord.

Only have the Ghosts, Flawless raid, Salvage and clan (raid & strike) trophies left to do.

FyreWulff

Is there any detailed maps of the patrol areas/strikes anywhere? All I can find is the ingame drawn map of planets. Need ground level stuff for an article..

Bogeypop

Anybody need Nightfall or want to help me out doing the Nightfall kills portion of the Pocket Infinity bounty?

PSN: drassill

Qwell

Soooo... who can I bribe at Bungie to increase the damn size of the vault, I thought they talked about doing that like a month ago or something. I would gladly pay (yes I am in fact an insane person) like $10 to give us like 50 slots or something.

Jinjo

Anybody need Nightfall or want to help me out doing the Nightfall kills portion of the Pocket Infinity bounty?

Small tip: Mythoclast kills count. Especially easy in the rare occurrence we have a solar burn Nightfall. Knocked mine out a few weeks back when we had solar Nexus. All-burn Archon priest might be up next week.

Oh; he doesn't know. When you spawn into the nightfall instead of going into the mission like it tells you to go away from it and head to another darkness zone on the moon (wake the hive...) and just keep going in. All of the enemies will be level 30 and count without that pesky nightfall pain.

Bogeypop

Small tip: Mythoclast kills count. Especially easy in the rare occurrence we have a solar burn Nightfall. Knocked mine out a few weeks back when we had solar Nexus. All-burn Archon priest might be up next week.

That's like saying buying a multi-million dollar home is easy when you've already hit the lotto.
1AZuYos.png

Deku Tree

Oh; he doesn't know. When you spawn into the nightfall instead of going into the mission like it tells you to go away from it and head to another darkness zone on the moon (wake the hive...) and just keep going in. All of the enemies will be level 30 and count without that pesky nightfall pain.

Also you can die without being sent to orbit.

....back on the wall of shame? Anyways, praying to RNGesus. Bring grant me either a ballerhorn or hawkmoon and I will never ask for anything again.

Wow I posted 200 times less in OT12 than OT11.

I'm slacking!

Feels good to be in the wall of shame again!

Happy Whatever Doesn't Make You Mad to Everyone!

Top Bottom