• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Unless you're running Titan with ruins, an Icebreaker / Hunger of Crota combo is much more versatile though.

I nearly always see people switching to Gjallahorn at the end of the mission / boss if they got an Icebreaker in their bag.

My LDR is very similar to icebreaker in stats, so i haven't found a need for icebreaker anymore outside of oracles. If Black Hammer drops for me anytime soon, I'll probably keep that around for PvE.

The name of the game changed for me with Gjallarhorn though. I just haul ass with that thing and heavy ammo isn't a problem unless we're wiping a raid repeatedly.

It's not absolutely necessary, but without it, aliens take too long to die.

LiK

This is the most ridiculous thing about it currently, this guy on LFG denied me and my two friends a PUG because one of them didn't have it. It's absolutely not a requirement to chip Crota down.

What an ass. Ballerhorn helps but you can use other heavies and they will work. Even a bunch of snipers shot at Crota will help. LFG guys are idiots.

DJ88

Done it. People have Horn and did their thing on Crota. But I was on Boomers.

You all going nuts over me trash talking it lol. I'm just messing with you all. I'm telling you the obsession is unhealthy.

Love other weapons. Please. They all need love. #teamNohHorn

I've done Crota 2 or 3 times with no G-horn...

It's not that hard, dude.

Lol, I'm just messing too. But I never said it's impossible to beat without a Ballerhorn. It just makes it much much easier.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You only need 1.) two Gjallarhorn shots with very few sniper shots, 2.) on horn shot with two other rocket shots with a few snipers or, 3.) thre other rocket shots with a lot of snipers to take Crota down. Horn is not necessarily at all.

How would I know?

But they better fucking not.

To be perfectly honest, I wish all exotics were buffed to the point of the gjallarhorn and proceed to balance them for PVP if necessary. No way we should have shit exotics this day an age. Release them OP then nerf them if need be. Jeez. We should be rewarded for having exotics. Not punished.

Here's a breakdown of the damage.

You're spot on regarding dage types of raid primaries. VoC, Fatebringer, even Epilogue for void burn. Far too useful to give up to an exotic in pve imo.

Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker just offer too much...

"There's an elven artefact nearby."

Godamn it, hold on a second...

Wow, 8000k damage.

So Dust Palace flayers must have 15-20k health.

Sometimes a rocket is just too slow or the enemies are too swift. It's nice to have a perk that backs up one of the strongest arsenal in your game when something goes wrong. In this case, the homing.

Nothing I hate more than a teleporting minotaur throwing off the timing of my fusion shots. Can't imagine missing with a rocket. I guess I'll remember how it feels when I get a 331.

This is the most ridiculous thing about it currently, this guy on LFG denied me and my two friends a PUG because one of them didn't have it. It's absolutely not a requirement to chip Crota down.

LFG sounds like a mess. I read that somebody's VoG run wouldn't let 30s hold the relic or go on "the hard side" because there were 31s that were supposed to do it.

Like it matters in VoG anyway.

Ghazi

Has anyone tested what happens if you get to level 20 without picking up a heavy weapon, then withdraw an exotic (Gjallar/Truth) from the vault? I wonder if it auto equips and you can have two exotics.

LiK

LFG sounds like a mess. I read that somebody's VoG run wouldn't let 30s hold the relic or go on "the hard side" because there were 31s that were supposed to do it.

Probably why they're in LFG. Nubs everywhere.

kayos90

I can't imagine if matchmaking existed for raids. People waiting 5+ minutes to find a group only for people to leave because they don't have certain equipment. Jeez.

How would I know?

But they better fucking not.

You won't be the only pissed off person. And I'll be perfectly content because I, by no action of my own, somehow avoided that weapon. Lol.

Please don't let me get it Bungie. I can feel the nerf hammer coming.

I think this better illustrates its dominance: http://youtu.be/shKEaGBHVW4

I mean if they want to drop me one...I'll give her a go. Nice vid.

Xur sold this the first week of DLC didn't he?

LiK

I can't imagine if matchmaking existed for raids. People waiting 5+ minutes to find a group only for people to leave because they don't have certain equipment. Jeez.

Some leave after a few wipes instead of sticking it through and earn that victory. They're in LFG for a reason.

I think this better illustrates its dominance: http://youtu.be/shKEaGBHVW4

so-beautiful.gif

kayos90

Some leave after a few wipes instead of sticking it through and earn that victory. They're in LFG for a reason.

I am truly under the impression this is why we don't have semi-complicated strikes. If there is anything that requires some level of mechanical difference then people would get called out for fucking up and it would just cause unrest in the group. WE HAVE OURSELVES TO BLAME!!!! lol =P

You won't be the only pissed off person. And I'll be perfectly content because I, by no action of my own, somehow avoided that weapon. Lol.

Please don't let me get it Bungie. I can feel the nerf hammer coming.

It's not like I'm solely reliant on it, but I'm quitting this game for good if Bungie nerf it.

Zakalwe

Banned
Wow, 8000k damage.

So Dust Palace flayers must have 15-20k health.

That little? I seem to remember them eating more GH hits than that. I may have been drink though.

Poster also says WoL doesn't affect RLs, I wasn't aware of that... Is that still a thing?

It's not like I'm solely reliant on it, but I'm quitting this game for good if Bungie nerf it.

Don't worry, they won't. For the same reason they're reluctant to sell it.

kayos90

I'm not trying to create elitism but I am under the impression I displayed some level of that in the raid run yesterday and I truly apologize to the group that did it with me the other day. That was not the case. I was trying to explain another method for killing Crota and it just got heated. I think sometimes people just get really invested and lose sight of a calm mind.

Hyun Sai

On the other hand, people will also quit if they see more and more idiots not wanting them in group if they don't have Gjallahorn.

We can't really change human behaviour, so I don't see any other method to deal with it.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm not trying to create elitism but I am under the impression I displayed some level of that in the raid run yesterday and I truly apologize to the group that did it with me the other day. That was not the case. I was trying to explain another method for killing Crota and it just got heated. I think sometimes people just get really invested and lose sight of a calm mind.

Is your psn shadow something?

That may have been me and you. If so we turned that last run around at the eleventh hour like a gang of heroes, so forget the rest. :p

If not then I share the sentiment.

Anyone know what the timeout in Destiny is for inactivity and/or the best way to stay in the game without it timing you out? any tricks or tips?

patrol/story/strike is 10-15 minutes i think. after your time has expired, moving around wont save you from being kicked to orbit.

tower is probably the same time, but if you're in a fireteam, it appears to be extended.

orbit is at least 30 minutes. maybe an hour. it's a passive connection compared to the active connection required for being in the tower or patrol, so the server can leave you idle for longer.

if you want to idle, the good ol' rubberband trick still works. sling one around the left stick and position yourself so that you keep running into a corner. i did this in the beta and stayed on the moon for 24 hours.

On the other hand, people will also quit if they see more and more idiots not wanting them in group if they don't have Gjallahorn.

We can't really change human behaviour, so I don't see any other method to deal with it.

Make other weapons better?

You really think nerfing Gjallarhorn will solve lfg's problems?

Zakalwe

Banned

My immediate thought was "are you making this up?".

Then I remembered my last LFG run VoG and why I blocked the entire group afterwards.

Gaf is the only way to Destiny.

If I were that guy, I would've quit cuz the guys were being dicks to him. I don't play with people who are assholes. Let them find someone else.

You're such a liar.

You've played with me and fig loads.

Nerfing and Buffing weapons doesn't solve group elitism with regards to Best in Slot items. The community just figures out the next BiS setup and moves on from there.

Man, that sounds bad. Biggest reason i've never used lfg.net to look for a raid group. If i don't find one here on Gaf then i don't bother at all, not worth the headaches.

I'd love to do this but none of you all play on Xbone. It is the oddest thing ever how lopsided the Ps4 crowd is.

Top Bottom