• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

mr-t-lol.gif

Omg

pms

I think at this point that we can conclude that the general difference in opinion between NaturalHigh and the rest of us can either mean 1) he's pretty inexperienced with this GAF thread and/or Destiny OR 2) we're getting trolled.

Moving on my horror story from LFG involved VoG with a guy who insisted who knew everything half the time and then nothing the other half. To top it all off he talked all the time with a grating voice. Not as bad as some of those Reddit stories, but enough to put me off LFG.

Acorn

Get a full party together, instead of relying on matchmaking. Using headsets in PvP with a full group makes all the difference.

Shat My Dad Says.

All joking aside. This is my 2nd favorite pvp game of all time. As long as I'm playing with someone.

Lol

kind of agree

I just play it for bounties

feel like there's no consequences to dying in PvP.. not used to that coming from the last of us

Crazy talk. So much fun!

Games like Battlefield are my sort of multi game. Dislike this cod health and damage with halo imitation gameplay

Namikaze1

I'm back home. What did I miss?

*reads last 6 pages*

Aw hell no! You can't come here and diss on the God Killer! All these non-Gjallarhorn owners trying to convince themselves it ain't shit...

Trakan

Get good noob

Some of the bounties are pretty terrible. The one for buckshot bruiser medals and Dead Man's Hand medals come to mind.

While I really enjoy PVP, I can't help but think how much better it would be if they just tweaked it more. I honestly can't believe it's been this long since their last Crucible balance patch and that this is the way they intended the game to play.

IMO, they need to:

Nerf ARs again somehow. I think they should take away precision damage because they're all around the easiest to use gun and can spray a ridiculous amount of bullets. The time to kill on ARs is way too low.

Nerf Fusion rifle range and charge rate. I can't believe they keep releasing FRs with faster charge rates. I can understand Plan C as it's an exotic, but Light of the Abyss is ridiculously good.

Nerf shotgun range. Take any and all range/tighter spread perks out of the game for shotguns. The map sizes make them OP and they shouldn't kill from the range they do. They're especially frustrating to deal with when people just roll with them as primaries and combo them with blink or sliding.

Those changes would make Crucible about 10x better.

Steroyd

Who needs a ballerhorn when you can shoot Crota with any launcher and still get the job done?

Reliability and timing, swordbearer knowing 2 Gjallarhorn rockets are on their way can grab the sword and do a full pelt towards Crota knowing Crota will be on his knees when swordbearer gets there, Ballerhorn isn't required but it makes things so much easier to time.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Even if it was up, it'd be a crazy storm of people trying to get on or not many people will be on at first.

Zakalwe

Banned
:eek:

how dare you

Evil fig. The images you've summoned into existence with that mouth of yours.

Evil.

Who needs a ballerhorn when you can shoot Crota with any launcher and still get the job done?

Who wants to "get the job done" when you can obliterate the planet the job was issued on?

matchmaking has no accountability. you pull that shit with a GAF group and somebody will call you out here. But from what I've seen, LFG is huge and you're basically anonymous. It'd be the exact same thing with matchmaking in the game.

Exactly. This is one of the primary reasons why mm for raids in this game is a bad idea.

People who ask for it know not what they ask for.

Exactly. This is one of the primary reasons why mm for raids in this game is a bad idea.

it would be a shitshow no doubt but I don't see why just having the option for it would hurt anything

or even for a weekly heroic or nightfall

it can be pulling teeth to get people for those of they've done it already

Some of the bounties are pretty terrible. The one for buckshot bruiser medals and Dead Man's Hand medals come to mind.

While I really enjoy PVP, I can't help but think how much better it would be if they just tweaked it more. I honestly can't believe it's been this long since their last Crucible balance patch and that this is the way they intended the game to play.

IMO, they need to:

Nerf ARs again somehow. I think they should take away precision damage because they're all around the easiest to use gun and can spray a ridiculous amount of bullets. The time to kill on ARs is way too low.

Nerf Fusion rifle range and charge rate. I can't believe they keep releasing FRs with faster charge rates. I can understand Plan C as it's an exotic, but Light of the Abyss is ridiculously good.

Nerf shotgun range. Take any and all range/tighter spread perks out of the game for shotguns. The map sizes make them OP and they shouldn't kill from the range they do. They're especially frustrating to deal with when people just roll with them as primaries and combo them with blink or sliding.

All those changes would make Crucible about 10x worse.

I'm honestly fine with everything you listed and I fail to see how any of it is a problem.

The amount of variety in the game because everything is op is what makes it fun in my opinion.

AR's were definitely op before, but after the nerf they seem perfectly fine. And applying your suggestion to all AR's would just be awful. If they're going to balance guns, then it should be on an individual basis.

I'm rarely ever killed by fusion rifles and they are at the bottom of my list of things to be concerned about in crucible. They feel very fair. If someone misses, they are fucked.

I don't get killed by shotguns very often either unless I'm attempting to get a kill with a shotgun. I just pay attention to the radar and give everyone room since I'm assuming everyone has a shotgun.

If anything I get killed a fuckton by handcannons. Wouldn't want to see them nerfed though.

However, Warlock fusion grenades and warlock grenades in general can fuck off into space. Warlocks can just fuck the fuck off.

Zakalwe

Banned
it would be a shitshow no doubt but I don't see why just having the option for it would hurt anything

or even for a weekly heroic or nightfall

it can be pulling teeth to get people for those of they've done it already

If they could code a complex set of filters then sure. I still think a party board system (where you could specify exactly what the group wanted) would suit this game much more.

MM suits "on a whim" style play, and while is experts can Raid on a whine his fine, the average player cannot.

Hey fig, here's some water I promise I didn't just get blessed by a holy man.

Feeling thirsty?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
matchmaking has no accountability. you pull that shit with a GAF group and somebody will call you out here. But from what I've seen, LFG is huge and you're basically anonymous. It'd be the exact same thing with matchmaking in the game.

It'd be worse with matchmaking- literal anonymity without even the slightest hope of creating reasonable expectations before the join.

All the convoluted solutions I've seen to have matchmaking only available after raid completion, only people with mics, some kind of match token system, etc. just address a subset of the myriad problems with creating a fireteam from a blind match- the way the current system does for strike playlists, i.e.: the only thing the players in the fireteam necessarily have in common is that they pressed the button for the same piece of content at roughly the same time.

Game desperately needs an in-game LFG board/fireteam finder with similar functionality to the destinylfg.net tools. Groups put together this way would still be largely inferior to ones formed from a knit community like this one, but would have a much higher success rate than blind matchmade teams, while allowing for the possibility of brand new players joining a raid for the first time and having a good experience, speedruns identifying themselves as such, filtering out the groups that are incompatible with your play habits, etc.
Because it would be a shitshow XD New players would join in on matchmade raid fireteams, have a horrific experience and think that Destiny's raids were unplayable pieces of shit that they never wanted to touch again. Please take my word for it that it would hurt the experience overall substantially, or at least explain what would be wrong with a LFG board instead?

Atkison04

I actually took a nap today bungie/Playstation/servers. First time in about forever. Granted i did fall asleep hitting the x button trying to get in. Please please be fixed in the am! Merry Christmas destiny gaf!

Zakalwe

Banned
It'd be worse with matchmaking- literal anonymity without even the slightest hope of creating reasonable expectations before the join.

All the convoluted solutions I've seen to have matchmaking only available after raid completion, only people with mics, some kind of match token system, etc. just address a subset of the myriad problems with creating a fireteam from a blind match- the way the current system does for strike playlists, i.e.: the only thing the players in the fireteam necessarily have in common is that they pressed the button for the same piece of content at roughly the same time.

Game desperately needs an in-game LFG board/fireteam finder with similar functionality to the destinylfg.net tools. Groups put together this way would still be largely inferior to ones formed from a knit community like this one, but would have a much higher success rates than blind matchmade teams, while allowing for the possibility of brand new players joining a raid for the first time and having a good experience, speedruns identifying themselves as such, filtering out the groups that are incompatible with your play habits, etc.

Because it would be a shitshow XD New players would join in on matchmade raid fireteams, have a horrific experience and think that Destiny's raids were unplayable pieces of shit that they never wanted to touch again. Please take my word for it that it would hurt the experience overall substantially, or at least explain what would be wrong with a LFG board instead?

All the sense.

Such truth.

Many wisdom.

You'd probably just gargle that stuff just to laugh at the pain.

I always said you were a lunatic.

panda-zebra

If you go into your inventory screen you never get booted regardless of where you are. I managed to stay logged in most of today using that until I got an animal fart :(

Look like the perfect way to obtain double bounties for those unfortunate to have the reset fall at an inconvenient time.

Once the tower fills up, the timer begins. At least that's what i've been led to believe. If you're in an empty tower you can sit there for a LONG time.

Also interesting. I noticed I could have solo towers and patrols (beyond the initial drop zone) if I loaded Destiny after manually setting the year backwards (ps4). Sometimes it's just better to be alone (killing sword knights or hive with sword before the 1st dlc story became replayable). There's a risk of being booted from game world though, particularly during public events.

Seems like it's easier to learn more about Destiny when sat reading this thread than playing the game. Thanks, Sony.

Geneijin

IMO, they need to:

Oh God, please no. For The People is barely usable as it is. It's one of the best low impact, high rate of fire ARs for PvE because of its combination of stability and 56 magazine size with Field Scout. It's the Atheon's Epilogue with stability perk and more impact. If Destiny lowers the precision damage for ARs anymore, ARs would be absolutely useless in this game for both PvE and PvP. ARs are absolutely fine as they are now for PvP. I barely hear the sound of a Suros Regime anymore since the most recent balance patch. The damage is already done and enough.

The only thing they should do is remove Accelerated Coils perk from the game and slightly increase the base charge times of all FRs in the game if Destiny wants to compensate the loss of Accelerated Coils for PvE. The Trolley Problem without Accelerated Coils at close range is a high risk, high reward gamble.

They should just make better maps first. Zone placement along with tight corridors in Control make the use of shotguns prevalent as they are because they are suitable on maps like Twilight Gap.

I would have left the fire team. A bunch of assholes.

It has only happened once that I played with an asshole, but I ripped him a new one after I heard him talk down to someone that died a few times.

Some people just done know how to behave, and I don't have time or patience for people like that in my fireteam.

Thankfully all of the gaffers I have played with has been great!

Xboner reporting in .

We do exist just hard to converse as we are the minority and this thread moves pretty fast.

Us Xbox guys/gals should get something set up that makes it easier to group up, if nothing is already in place. I'd like to not have to go through lfg but I see anybody who posts for groups in this thread for xbox is immediately buried by ps4 stuff.

Zakalwe

Banned
Granted i did fall asleep hitting the x button trying to get in. Please please be fixed in the am! Merry Christmas destiny gaf!

Bungie will never make more effort with this game when the game's got us this way.

I'd say we should stage some kind of protest but who the fuck am I kidding.

Playing DA:I and I keep trying to Lift when I jump.

Fml.

Top Bottom