• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

On the other hand, people will also quit if they see more and more idiots not wanting them in group if they don't have Gjallahorn.

We can't really change human behaviour, so I don't see any other method to deal with it.

It's why this whole Gjallarhorn hype annoys me. It gives an excuse for some who can't beat a certain boss "we didn't have gjallarhorns" and more importantly discourages some who don't have it. I have one and it really does live up to the hype but it's definitely not my solution to every situation

My immediate thought was "are you making this up?".

Then I remembered my last LFG run VoG and why I blocked the entire group afterwards.

Gaf is the only way to Destiny..

matchmaking has no accountability. you pull that shit with a GAF group and somebody will call you out here. But from what I've seen, LFG is huge and you're basically anonymous. It'd be the exact same thing with matchmaking in the game.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm still miffed at the shitty No Land Beyond I got from CE. Fuck. I can't believe this gun exists in the state it is. Bungie. You only launched the expansion with a handful of exotic weapons. How the hell do you fuck this up?

patrol is 10-15 minutes i think. after your time has expired, moving around wont save you from being kicked to orbit.

tower is probably the same time, but if you're in a fireteam, it appears to be extended.

orbit is at least 30 minutes. maybe an hour. it's a passive connection compared to the active connection required for being in the tower or patrol, so the server can leave you idle for longer.

if you want to idle, the good ol' rubberband trick still works. sling one around the left stick and position yourself so that you keep running into a corner. i did this in the beta and stayed on the moon for 24 hours.

thanks folks

matchmaking has no accountability. you pull that shit with a GAF group and somebody will call you out here. But from what I've seen, LFG is huge and you're basically anonymous. It'd be the exact same thing with matchmaking in the game.

We've all seen what a disaster matchmaking can be with the strike playlist

patrol is 10-15 minutes i think. after your time has expired, moving around wont save you from being kicked to orbit.

tower is probably the same time, but if you're in a fireteam, it appears to be extended.

orbit is at least 30 minutes. maybe an hour. it's a passive connection compared to the active connection required for being in the tower or patrol, so the server can leave you idle for longer.

if you want to idle, the good ol' rubberband trick still works. sling one around the left stick and position yourself so that you keep running into a corner. i did this in the beta and stayed on the moon for 24 hours.

I have idled at the tower for hours by myself. This is not true

Also try dancing emote in Tower. Forgot that's what my friend was doing to idle.

I usually sit down so maybe that's why I don't get booted

Steroyd

Even in Strike playlists, people tend to quit after a couple of wipes.

Imagine the quitting in raids :/

This is why I'm on the against side of matchmaking in raids, just judging off what I've put up with, with afk'ers in strikes , people who don't know what they're doing in PvP control matches, rage quitters when they're losing, forever and a day for people to join mid strike if at all etc, why should I have faith that matchmaking in raids is going to be anything other than a shitfest, heck at least with the LFG website you can see people's dickery in advance.

MildSoss

I'm still miffed at the shitty No Land Beyond I got from CE. Fuck. I can't believe this gun exists in the state it is. Bungie. You only launched the expansion with a handful of exotic weapons. How the hell do you fuck this up?

Haha, I got this gun in a crucible match last night. I didn't know whether to be happy or sad.

I'm always bewildered when people talk about getting exotics from crucible

I've never seen anyone get anything more than a legendary

and more often than not its a ship lol

never seen anyone get one in a strike playlist either for that matter

You don't get the Gjallarhorn hype and it's odd to you how the PS4 to Xbone crowd is lopsided.

There's no hope for you. :p

Lol. I mean the exclusives should mean theres more of you but is there seriously no one else playing on Xbox like me? :(

I use LFG all the time. I just make people laugh and ignore the elitism. I used to raid in WoW. I have tough skin. I would never get mad at someone in this game.

Lol. I mean the exclusives should mean theres more of you but is there seriously no one else playing on Xbox like me? :(

I use LFG all the time. I just make people laugh and ignore the elitism. I used to raid in WoW. I have tough skin. I would never get mad at someone in this game.

I've played with some real assholes from LFG. To this day I get pissed just thinking about this one person and what they did and said before they left

the times aren't exact but i've been kicked from the tower before.

I thought you said 15min. As soon as PSN is back I'm gonna time it and see how long it takes to get booted. We need to settle this once and for all lol

sZfX3c9.gif

😎

LiK

You and me both. I've never gotten a single exotic from PVP or Strikes. Only from NF and Raids.

raindoc

Everyone's obsession with the Gahblahblahorn is hilarious.

Rocket launchers are boring. "Ooooo I can pewpew an enemy to death 2 seconds faster than the next best rocket launcher. I must have it."

Why can't you all just be satisfied with any other rocket launcher? Or any other heavy for that matter?

Oh. Come. On. Explosions are awesome. Since the first caveman realized a lightning striking a tree could mean having sex with the lights on, everybody likes it when things go "Boom!". The only thing that's better than an explosion, is more explosions. Which is what Gjallerhorn provides: BOOM! And Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! And it's awesome and great and a symbol for everything that's good and holy in this (game)world.

The only thing wrong with the Godhorn is that not everybody has one.

FUCK RNG!

5Q7SgHv.jpg

I got a Thunderlord and a Gjallarhorn from the 2nd Iron Banner. I got so much good stuff from that, spent all week getting to Rank 5, finally reaching level 30. It was magical, felt like I was being rewarded for skill but it was just RNG and win streaks coinciding.

jaaz

Oh. Come. On. Explosions are awesome. Since the first caveman realized a lightning striking a tree could mean having sex with the lights on, everybody likes it when things go "Boom!". The only thing that's better than an explosion, is more explosions. Which is what Gjallerhorn provides: BOOM! And Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! And it's awesome and great and a symbol for everything that's good and holy in this (game)world.

The only thing wrong with the Godhorn is that not everybody has one.

FUCK RNG!

5Q7SgHv.jpg

And this is why Xur will never sell G-Horn. It's mysticism has grown to be Destiny legend.

panda-zebra

10 minutes in-game is what I've seen on ps4.

I've rigged a controller with rubber bands for firing, aiming and drift compensation, it got approx 10 kills per run on WWTH. Great I thought, go to bed and wake up to find exotic gear fully levelled, but no... it still timed out after 10 minutes.

It's only recently that I discovered that, on ps4 at least, the accelerometers are apparently key to appearing active. Over next few days I plan to experiment with this just to satisfy my own curiosity... I've nothing left to level and even if I did, the grind seems so much less of a chore with all the bounties available each day and the 10 bounty inventory space.

Namikaze1

$100 that I have no particular plans for from my folks and a Walker Edison Soreno 3-piece corner desk from the wife.

Welcome to the ASOIAF club. Ignore all the fan theories if possible until you're through a second read.
I've been a fan of the series since the first season of Game of Thrones. I couldn't wait for the next season so I read the books. I never owned them, just borrowed them. My friends know that I'm a huge fan of both the show and the books.

BLU-82

If you go into your inventory screen you never get booted regardless of where you are. I managed to stay logged in most of today using that until I got an animal fart :(

Top Bottom