• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

EL CUCO

This is the end was a little better for me personally with Pineapple Express being my absolute favorite of them. Surprisingly cheap too. I mean $6 to see it? I would have paid for at a theater.

Sounds good. Going off the trailers, I would've definitely checked it out at the theaters too.

NastyBook

Wow, I'm up (US East Coast), but I'm going to bed. LOL fuck these hackers/sony/internet/bandwidth/everything.

Good night. Hope everybody had a good Christmas.

EL CUCO

Yeah I'm not getting anywhere with Destiny servers. PSN up and running.

Guess I'll try the new Sony Gold headset tomorrow. Thanks alot script kiddies

I should really go to bed considering I can't play even if PSN is working, but I just want to know what Xur brings!

I was going to pack my PS4 since my Vita Remote Play is always shit... but I didn't want to seem like too much of an addict (or risk breaking it). So of course now I'm just staying up to check the thread for no reason at all.... bah.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Xur-Mas Wish:

Warlock - Obsidian Mind
Titan - Helm of Saint-14
Hunter - Dun Care
Weapon - Red Death or Hard Light (don't have those!)

Upgrade (331 Version) - Hawkmoon

Crazy as this sound all my exotics are 331 ready, only Hawkmoon left

My guess is that Xur will sell a Hunter DLC exotic armor piece since he had Warlock and Titan already. Maybe a DLC weapon and/or GH upgrade "for XMas." Other than that: his usual "trash collection."

My guess is that Xur will sell a Hunter DLC exotic armor piece since he had Warlock and Titan already. Maybe a DLC weapon and/or GH upgrade "for XMas." Other than that: his usual "trash collection."

If Bungie isn't ever going to sell Gjallahorn again, I bet he also never offers the upgrade. Keeps it marginalized as best they can as content slowly out-levels it in House of Wolves. Makes the new Uber drops even more rare.

Using the Black Hammer on the Devil Walker and Sepiks Prime

94d2f8740795fce86e3db62919344bdf.gif

If Bungie isn't ever going to sell Gjallahorn again, I bet he also never offers the upgrade. Keeps it marginalized as best they can as content slowly out-levels it in House of Wolves. Makes the new Uber drops even more rare.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense honestly. Besides an outright nerf that would piss off the player base, it's the only way to mitigate its effect on PvE content. It would also better preserve the GH as the "golden goose" to keep people playing and chasing it. Hopefully we are wrong, haha.

Haha yeah, reeling off 20+ straight crit shots on their big juicy crit spots is so funny. The ones that get stun-locked like Phogoth and Archon Priest are great too.

Sergoes

I love this. Also I learned shooting "IMMUNE" shots still count as crits. So who cares I just shoot legs non-stop forever if I have to.

Wait a minute...immune shots still count!? Wow that just made that weapon even better in my eyes. Never leaving my secondary slot

Arrrammis

94d2f8740795fce86e3db62919344bdf.gif

Only thing better is the Archon Priest. Continuously stagger him, dropped him in less than a minute, and I don't think he ever got solid footing once the first shot hit him. It turns out, he doesn't fall off of the cliff behind him, but he won't teleport away(maybe he does, but he can't while he's staggered;)). It's like there's a wall there.

Wait a minute...immune shots still count!? Wow that just made that weapon even better in my eyes. Never leaving my secondary slot
I mean, when a spider walker is knocked down, you're critting the legs, but they're immune to damage. those count as crits.

I can't think of any other enemy in the game with this type of situation.

Arrrammis

So how you guys liking the DLC? Is the new raid better than VoG?

I like the new raid a lot better, way fewer glitches, and really requires absolute teamwork for a legit run. It's really fun.

That said, the new raid can be completely solo'd (there's a cheese for everything but the final boss), which a lot of people are unhappy about. Do yourself a favor and do a blind run the first time with a group running it legit, it's way better that way.

Sergoes

I mean, when a spider walker is knocked down, you're critting the legs, but they're immune to damage. those count as crits.

I can't think of any other enemy in the game with this type of situation.

Hah true, it's not a common situation, but as someone who tries to knock out The Divide public events with the spider, that's really fantastic.

Hah true, it's not a common situation, but as someone who tries to knock out The Divide public events with the spider, that's really fantastic.

yes I love it, if I'm too lazy to try to hit the brain I just keep shooting the immune legs until he gets back up. or if I'm taking too long to shoot the brain I pop a quick shot on a leg and then continue trying to aim for the brain

yes I love it, if I'm too lazy to try to hit the brain I just keep shooting the immune legs until he gets back up. or if I'm taking too long to shoot the brain I pop a quick shot on a leg and then continue trying to aim for the brain

Why not just try to hit the brain. If you miss the worst that happens is you reload which is just as effective as shooting legs.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense honestly. Besides an outright nerf that would piss off the player base, it's the only way to mitigate its effect on PvE content. It would also better preserve the GH as the "golden goose" to keep people playing and chasing it. Hopefully we are wrong, haha

Xur will sell it again, just not for a long time. Probably a month before Destiny 2 drops to generate hype with one last hurrah for the good old days.

Arrrammis

Why not just try to hit the brain. If you miss the worst that happens is you reload which is just as effective as shooting legs.

The thing about the precision mag bonus is that it generates the ammo in your mag rather than taking it from your extra ammo, meaning that as long as you consistently get critical hits, you have infinite ammo. If it's a dodgey shot on the brain, it's often better to save your ammo and keep hitting the legs (at least until you have a full mag).

So how you guys liking the DLC? Is the new raid better than VoG?

This sounds like a job for Captain Boguester, professional Crota's End detractor!

New raid has some fantastic elements... but it's not even close to VoG when taken as a whole. The first two encounters are great, but then it basically falls off a cliff. If you aren't too worried about spoilers:
In the place where the first boss should have shown up, they have an absolute garbage encounter with no loot drops followed by a final boss that can be really fun at first but is painfully simple and just hiding behind light level damage scaling. Having a Lv32 teammate for the final boss completely breaks the fight, which was already creaky to begin with.

Sadly the new raid is the only significant addition. The "new" story missions and strikes are insanely recycled content, real bottom of the barrel stuff with only a few exceptions. New weapons and gear have been very underwhelming so far (also a few exceptions).

Xur will sell it again, just not for a long time. Probably a month before Destiny 2 drops to generate hype with one last hurrah for the good old days.

haha that would be awesome. I wonder how many of us will still be playing then...

Namikaze1

I'm afraid of logging out due to yesterday. Hopefully that's no longer a problem.

Ok so who is this Xur guy? About to hit Light 24 with my equips and you guys keep talking about him.
He sells exotic weapons and gear. With the recent DLC, he can upgrade pre-DLC exotics.

Top Bottom