• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Ont

Xbox live is working for me but the game says it is unable to connect to the Destiny servers.

Sunset Overdrive it is then.

Arrrammis

Ok so who is this Xur guy? About to hit Light 24 with my equips and you guys keep talking about him.

Xur is a mysterious guy with a tentacle face who shows up in the tower on weekends. He sells exotics (one armor for each class (17 strange coins), one weapon(17 strange coins for secondary or heavy, 23 for primary)),and a random exotic engram for 23 motes of light, along with rare sparrow upgrades and other curios.

panda-zebra

As mentioned above, if you're receiving the Destiny servers message things are looking up for you, it should just be a matter of time. Keep trying.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Xur is a mysterious guy with a tentacle face who shows up in the tower on weekends. He sells exotics (one armor for each class (17 strange coins), one weapon(17 strange coins for secondary or heavy, 23 for primary)),and a random exotic engram for 23 motes of light, along with rare sparrow upgrades and other curios.

Oh darn. I only have 4 Strange Coins and 2 Motes of Light. No exotics for me. :/

Ok so who is this Xur guy? About to hit Light 24 with my equips and you guys keep talking about him.

He is a special vendor that shows up each week from 4am EST Friday to 4am EST Sunday.

He sells one piece of exotic armor for each class and one exotic weapon each week. Bungie selects the items he sells and he frequently repeats a lot of the same crap, but occasionally sells something great. All of these are sold for strange coins.

Since the DLC dropped, he now also offers (I think) 6 armor pieces and 6 weapons which can be upgraded to the new 36 light max defense/331 max attack. You have to already own the weapon and then pay 1 exotic shard + ~7500 glimmer to upgrade your old version to the new version, which also erases all of the XP you had accumulated for that exotic piece. Probably not a big deal for someone like you who is fairly new to the game and doesn't have many (if any) exotics.

He also sells stuff like exotic shards, exotic armor engrams that can decode into any piece from that armor type, heavy weapon synthesis, telemetries for various weapon types, and stupid sparrow upgrades that no one should buy (some of this stuff isn't offered every week).

For a new player like yourself, focus on buying the armor piece for your class if it's any good since it can go to 36 light and help you level quickly. Also, consider buying the weapon if it's any good and you have enough strange coins for it. People in the thread can let you know if the items are worth your strange coins.

Namikaze1

Mk. 44 Stand Aside
Voidfangs Vestmants
Don't Touch Me (continuing the trend of DLC gauntlets being sold by Xur)
No Land Beyond
Helm Engram

Upgrades:
Pocket Infinity
Midas Multi-Tool
Thorn
Invective
Gjallarhorn
Mask of the Third Man
Insormountable Skullfort
Light Beyond Nemesis

My Xur Wishlist

logged in to my main titan. did eris bounties. logged off to switch characters

destiny error. oh well. I'm happy i got to do eris bounties on my main. 397/4000 to rank 4

Arrrammis

Oh darn. I only have 4 Strange Coins and 2 Motes of Light. No exotics for me. :/

Yeah, It'll probably be that way for the first 2 or 3 weeks, but since you're lvl. 24, you're high enough level to do the weekly for 3 strange coins, which gets you that little bit closer. It's another reason why having 3 characters makes it easier, since you could do the weekly 3 times per week. Until then, just keep gaining rep with the vanguard/crucible, then you'll be able to buy the gear to bring you up to level 31, where you can earn the coins to get exotics whenever Xur comes around.

I really can't wait to get mine! :) perfect setup for g'horn as the heavy or an exotic Hand Cannon as primary.
That's my set up right now. Fatebringer, Black Hammer and Gjallahorn.

Haha yeah, reeling off 20+ straight crit shots on their big juicy crit spots is so funny. The ones that get stun-locked like Phogoth and Archon Priest are great too.

Only thing better is the Archon Priest. Continuously stagger him, dropped him in less than a minute, and I don't think he ever got solid footing once the first shot hit him. It turns out, he doesn't fall off of the cliff behind him, but he won't teleport away(maybe he does, but he can't while he's staggered;)). It's like there's a wall there.
I just did it on Archon Priest and that's exactly how it went. Finished him in about 30 seconds.

InfiniteCrispIndri.gif

Wait a minute...immune shots still count!? Wow that just made that weapon even better in my eyes. Never leaving my secondary slot
Yup. Shoot his legs until his crit spot opens and then work on that area. Rinse and repeat without losing any ammo throughout the entire encounter.

NastyKeyCusimanse.gif

CLBridges

I read the first sentence you wrote in song form. That should be the opening line of a song about Xur, damn I should've wrote something to the tune of the grinch and put it on youtube lol. Oh well, too late but I'm hoping he brings good tidings and dat Gjallarhorn (upgrade).

Izuna

Banned
Woke up and logged in in time for the bounty glitch.

Please no Gjallahorn, I don't want to have to level up anything until next week 😂

Top Bottom