• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Aw Yiss, have the house to myself until Sunday, family wedding, I didn't wanna attend

Destiny > Cousin Wedding

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I feel like this is the whole point of exotics that people seem to miss. Or at least that's how I always viewed exotics.

Of course, gimmick items tend to be shit because they're not efficient or optimized but y'know.

From Bungie's December 1 update:

Exotic Weapons are designed to look, feel, and sound overpowered. At the same time, they are not supposed to break the balance of the game. We hope these weapons challenge the way players think about their loadouts. Exotics will be a constant work in-progress!

Can we honestly say that NLB fits that description? Other than the work in progress part, lol.

Zakalwe

Banned
Some guy on my iron banner team only used NLB and wrecked with it. You probably just have to leave your comfort zone and adapt. I am definitely buying one.

It's objectively bad. Had one maxed since day one, desperately tried to make it work.

Pvp it's more workable, but you /will/ do better with almost any of the other staple snipers.

From Bungie's December 1 update:

Can we honestly say that NLB fits that description? Other than the work in progress part, lol.

No. It's a complete joke. I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I first equipped it and fired a few shots.

Never again. Not sure why I haven't salvaged it yet

Since PSN is still down everyone should totally take an exotic of their choice and explain how they would fix it or make it better.

Ice Breaker, give us an option to turn off recharge and pickup ammo instead, from the pile of special ammo you get buried into every time you use IB for more than 10 min.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Guys. I'm seriously considering buying a PS3 copy of Destiny. Stop me. Please.

If you're going to pay 50 dollars to buy a game you're only going to play for one day because of the outage, use that money for something more worthwhile. Like a brazilian steakhouse buffet or a hooker dude.

Going back to NLB, the gun is objectively bad.
- Slow as fuck bolt action animation
- Small max ammo count
- Small ammo in magazine count
- Perks are useless
- Damage is not that high

The gun is absolutely trash and shouldn't even be considered an exotic.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I've gotten above a 2.0 and got "the best around" using a sniper on firebase before. never thought that would be possible. it just takes getting used to weapons and proper strats for them.

Yes a real Sniper Rifle, NLB, lol no, try to get 20 Kills 10 deaths, no camping
I'll buy 1 in your honor

kayos90

The time it takes to get 4 shots and reload for a normal sniper is basically 2 times faster than it would be for NLB's 4 shots and reload. Fucking bullshit. This should be an anti-exotic.

nowai

Glad I bought those stupid Xur items for my Exotic bounties this morning. Otherwise I'd be freaking out.

Oh man, me too!

As soon as I saw people could log on around 11pm pacific last night, I hopped on and stayed. I was overly joyed to see my two favs Hawks and Gally available to upgrade.

I even bought the shit NLB because reasons.

kayos90

Make it corrective measure :p

Need 3 people shooting oracles in succession so you time it perfectly

Still impossible. No Land Beyond is like the shit you see in movies where the British Empire all lined up to take shots using their bolt-action rifles. It's like asking to be fucking murdered.

Deku Tree

Is there some kind of check that makes it less likely you will receive duplicate exotics? .... I have never gotten exotic dupes so far... Might be worth it to buy no land beyond just so that I might have a better chance at getting GHorn thunderlord or Hawkmoon the next time I get an exotic drop.

Damn, that bolt action rifle is the first thing that has made me want to buy the DLC. I don't give a shit how bad/good the weapon is as long as it has a bolt action animation.

Is there some kind of check that makes it less likely you will receive duplicate exotics? .... I have never gotten exotic dupes so far... Might be worth it to buy no land beyond just so that I might have a better chance at getting GHorn thunderlord or Hawkmoon the next time I get an exotic drop.

I've gotten three Universal Remotes and two Hawkmoon's so no.

It's all RNG.

Sane_Man

Complete opposite. I finally got Vex after 2.5 months of playing, then I get one on each of my next 5 VoG runs. Didn't get Monte Carlo for 3 months, now they're the last 3 exotics I've got. Same for Mida Multitool and rinse and repeat with pretty much every VoG legendary. It's fucking bullshit.

SonComet

Guys. I'm seriously considering buying a PS3 copy of Destiny. Stop me. Please.
If the PS4 isn't back by tomorrow I seriously might as well. I will be so upset if I can't upgrade my helm of inmost light and glallarhorn. I got hell of the saint from an engram last week thankfully.

kayos90

At least Bungie employees can't upgrade their Gjallerhorns either.

Why would you think that? Even if they rely on PSN, I'm sure they have their own dedicated servers or Sony/Activision provided them a dedicated dev server that will allow them to continue working. They have to work, and having PSN uptime is their job. Otherwise they'd be twiddling their thumbs. They can get upgrades whenever the hell they want.

raindoc

yy8fRR5.jpg

kayos90

that's exactly what it is. how they thought it would be cool to design a gun like that in a game like this is beyond me

It's fine to have a gun like that. However, it's not balanced. If you're going to have a gun with slow shot to shot animation then the damage needs to be high. But it's not. Fucking piece of trash gun.

Top Bottom