• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Namikaze1

I-I'm I'm telling on you!

FIGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
Fig can't do shit now! I'm in control!
484766314252540005e70710b7fe3e87f5de15f25c2e2d3dace83b81455afd00.jpg

Well, I've decided it's time to take a break from Destiny. The latest Xur offering was just the last straw. I shouldn't be getting upset at a video game, but the loot system has evolved into something that is maddening. I guess I am not cut out for it.

The most fun in this game is playing with other people and there are a lot of cool people on this board. I'll pop in for a Raid here or there, but I can't keep up the treadmill. See you at House of Wolves or possibly earlier if Xur decides to stop being a malicious troll.

Rixa

Any Christmas miracles from Xur this week?

As usual. Sunbros get screwed. So if youre looking something to buy, nope :(.
For sale:
Armamentarium 138/149
Achlyophage Symbiote 87/93
Claws of Ahamkara 49/52, 49/52
No Land Beyond

For upgrade:
Crest of Alpha Lupi 136/146
Young Ahamkara's spine 81/87
Helm of Saint 14 108/116
Helm of Inmost Light 100/107
Heart of Praxic Fire 127/137
Sunbreakers 84/90
Suros, Red Death, Last Word, Thunderlord, Super Good Advice, GJALLARHORN, HAWKMOON

Curios:
Pulse rifle, Fusion rifle, Machine gun, Plasma drive, Void drive (purple), NO HEAVY AMMO SYNTH

TO: BUNGIE - DESTINY PLAYERS WANT YOUR ATTENTION

Most MMO type games like Destiny do not require the reliance on a third party service like PSN or XBL to provide the means for people to play.

WoW and others run off Blizzards own servers and while you do the same for the Destiny side of things, the requirement of PS+ and XBL along with their servers for the player side of things, there is a dependence.

With these DDoS attacks on their servers, and as a PS4 Destiny player, I have been trying to log on for days with no results.

Xur is in the tower with upgrades I need, I've lost days of Eris rep, Vanguard and more. Not to mention days lost for the usual reset week.

I play your game daily and have 3 characters at 31 and 1 is 12 radiant shards away from 32. A few days missed is a big deal.

Solution
Extend Xurs stay and provide extra bounties to Eris and the others so we can at least grab more to do.

This is unacceptable in the realm of games like these.

Fix this!!!!

Quoting this from earlier in the thread.

Xur better not leave at the usual time!!! This is bullshit Bungie!!!

Namikaze1

Wait! I think I found you fig. You're wearing a black tee and baby blue pajamas. You're typing on your laptop with your right hand while pressing the PS button on the DS4 with your left.

realcZk

This seems more likely than changing his schedule. Also, pinning the outage squarely on Bungie is a bit much. Shit happens. Life goes on.

its not bungies fault, and unfortunately they have no choice but to rely on PSN for authentication, especially since most of their content relies on PS+ subscriptions to be active.

during authentication, Destiny contacts PSN to get your account details, then authenticates against bungie's servers. after that point, Destiny no longer needs PSN for anything and the game can completely function without PSN being available. it's possible bungie could use cached credentials or something if that's even supported, but i'm not sure if PSN provides that capability.

the only thing I need available from Xur this weekend are upgrades to 3 weapons, not all 3 are allarimngly necessary but I am swimming in coins due to Xur never selling anything new

This seems more likely than changing his schedule. Also, pinning the outage squarely on Bungie is a bit much. Shit happens. Life goes on.

No but the service they rely on for player side management is failing. Like I said, most MMO games like this don't rely on PSN or XBL.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
No way, there have to be people managing their severs. They had issues themselves yesterday and tweeted they were working on it.

Ah. Makes sense. But the people in charge of deciding about Xur are probably fishing with family in Barbados.

how are some of you guys playing dragon age? I'm locked out on mine, such bs

That's what I've been playing all day. Got it for Christmas, it is glorious.

I think it may be due to you using a game world instance or something that is not the regular one and needs to connect online.

I just got this game but read something about it on another Gaf thread in gaming.

Top Bottom