• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

forrest

formerly nacire
So I'm trying to troubleshoot my PS4/Destiny a little bit after noticing pretty extreme ambient occlusion errors and something that struck me odd is that the edge of shadows seem particularly hard now and it's not something else I've noticed. Maybe I'm thinking they used to be soft, not really sure.

Here is a shot from the drop point on Mars Patrol. Can anyone confirm that player shadow and rock shadows are this hard and not softer?

shadowyzuev.jpg

Joined. Can't promise to stay though.

If everyone leaves and the clan tag drops from in game then it's really not a big deal. I was assuming it would stay though, which is why I'm even trying it at all, but yeah I didn't expect anyone to stay. I was just tired of looking at GAF Trophies Achieves or whatever it was. :D

E92 M3

All the weapons I wanted to upgrade have been fully upgraded. Seeing as I had no other (good) weapon to max out, I decided to just get it over with.

Yeah, if you're done then of course it's good to get it done. I am wondering how rare the Crux will be.

Namikaze1

maybe his girlfriend just found a ballerhorn from an engram and hes jelly about it
that or he is having a mid-grind breakdown about his decision not to roll a warlock
She got a second on Friday. We haven't spoken since then. Well, more like she's dead to me since then.

And warlocks still suck ass!
I think the guy was a Titan. Can't remember. The second guy who was with me was a Titan.

realcZk

She got a second on Friday. We haven't spoken since then. Well, more like she's dead to me since then.

And warlocks still suck ass!
I think the guy was a Titan. Can't remember. The second guy who was with me was a Titan.

whys everyone keep stealing my hypehorns
i got dibs on next one

Deku Tree

So I'm trying to troubleshoot my PS4/Destiny a little bit after noticing pretty extreme ambient occlusion errors and something that struck me odd is that the edge of shadows seem particularly hard now and it's not something else I've noticed. Maybe I'm thinking they used to be soft, not really sure.

Here is a shot from the drop point on Mars Patrol. Can anyone confirm that player shadow and rock shadows are this hard and not softer?

shadowyzuev.jpg

If everyone leaves and the clan tag drops from in game then it's really not a big deal. I was assuming it would stay though, which is why I'm even trying it at all, but yeah I didn't expect anyone to stay. I was just tired of looking at GAF Trophies Achieves or whatever it was. :D

You can deactivate any clan tag from showing up by leaving your active clan. You could also join something like "GAF Raiders" with no approval needed.

EL CUCO

Soo Ruin Wings is really making a push towards making the Titan my main toon.

What a fantastic piece of exotic. I dont have Ghorn yet but my hunger of Crota is hungrier than ever, and it can eat.

E92 M3

Holy shit a little off topic, but I'm on hold with this store and the wait music is the Nibelheim Village theme from Final Fantasy 7.

Namikaze1

Ruin Wings + Gjallarhorn is the way to roll of you're a Titan. I call Ruin Wings the Gauntlets of the Gods cause you're never out of rockets for the God Killer.

EL CUCO

Ruin Wings + Gjallarhorn is the way to roll of you're a Titan. I call Ruin Wings the Gauntlets of the Gods cause you're never out of rockets for the God Killer.
They're freaking amazing. Now I just need Raid boots to carry more reserves.

I bought Up For Anything last night. Haven't used it yet. It had better perks I think and slightly more impact. Those were my deciding factors.

I'm using up for anything and I really like it. A friend has Payback SOS and isn't that satisfied with it, so...

@Hzoltan69: I sent you a FR. I could really use a Crota kill...

Yeah just going by the stats it seemed better.

Both are trash compared to Shadow Price. Real answer is to join us in Crucible and get New Monarchy's Vanquisher VIII.

What I want to know is how good the IB AR is. I'm getting it tonight, but am already expecting it to suck.

I suck too much! I can't even handle doing the bounties.

Got SOS as a drop.
Tried it yesterday, even though I'm not an AR lover... Well, it sucks.
No impact, no stability, crappy range: it sucks reaaaally hard.

Yeah I think UFA it is!

Namikaze1

it's been... what? 2 weeks? since the 331 versions are available?

i'm waiting for Hawkmoon since mid september.
Sorry, I may have taken one of yours during the Great Hawkmoon Purge. I can't go into detail what that terrible event was as it was agreed upon that no word shall be spoken of that event.

matmanx1

Well yesterday was a pretty good day for me in Destiny (although it seems not nearly as good as GraveRobberX! with his Hypehorn and Hawkmoon drops!)

While doing the "Kill the Swordbearer" mission for Eris I had "Husk of the Pit" drop and then I went into IB and on 2 back to back games got "Birth of History" (the spacebus) and the new "Perun's Fire" 331atk version.

Now I just need to do some glimmer farming so that I can afford some shiny new IB weapons!

I still haven't gotten an upgraded Hypehorn nor has Xur given me the chance to upgrade the one I own!

Those right there are called 1st world problems. Count the blessings that you have a Hyoerhorn at all. Starving Guardians would give almost anything for that weapon.

gdt

Xur randomly offering upgrades is the worst. If they wanna tie it to him fine, but only on weekends and on top of that he might not even offer what you are looking for. Fuck.

Need my Horn 2.0 :(

realcZk

Xur randomly offering upgrades is the worst. If they wanna tie it to him fine, but only on weekends and on top of that he might not even offer what you are looking for. Fuck.

2.0 would be nice but the 1.0 still does significantly more damage than any other 331 attack rocket launcher in the game

E92 M3

I have issues with the 30's being so easily accessible. I was on LFG and ran into 31s that insisted on using TLW in the nightfall and didn't have any better weapons. At least to get to 30 last time involved some work so it was a good way to filter players with experience. Now it's a mixed bag of people who have experience and others that just bought armor.

R0ckman

So Crota raid is slightly altered based on if its done solo or not? I did some of it by myself and with the group, in the first part by myself, only one ogre appeared at the bridge, in a group, two appeared. Does anything else in the later parts change?

Anyone up for some crucible... I can only take so much from randoms before I lose my sanity.

Don't you just LOVE it when your random team mates watch you get into a fire fight, wait for you to die and THEN clean up?

I finally got my Hypehorn last Friday. Dropped for my titan for finishing nightfall. So don't worry guys, for it to finally reveal itself to me means it's gonna be on sale this week!

gdt

I have issues with the 30's being so easily accessible. I was on LFG and ran into 31s that insisted on using TLW in the nightfall and didn't have any better weapons. At least to get to 30 last time involved some work so it was a good way to filter players with experience. Now it's a mixed bag of people who have experience and others that just bought armor.

Mmmhmm. I just did a weekly and someone from my friends list hops in. I don't really know who they are, I think they added me from a Roc strike this weekend. Cool.

He's level 27. Ok no big deal I inspect his weapons, no arc except for a blue rocket launcher.

Shit.

Someone else joins, a friend of his, level 30. I think sweet and I inspect him. Not a single arc weapon. Goddamit.

It went fast anyway cause I was all arc'd out but still.

Deku Tree

So Crota raid is slightly altered based on if its done solo or not? I did some of it by myself and with the group, in the first part by myself, only one ogre appeared at the bridge, in a group, two appeared. Does anything else in the later parts change?

Don't you just LOVE it when your random team mates watch you get into a fire fight, wait for you to die and THEN clean up?

Video that came out today of Titan doing it solo had two ogres I think.

Mmmhmm. I just did a weekly and someone from my friends list hops in. I don't really know who they are, I think they added me from a Roc strike this weekend. Cool.

He's level 27. Ok no big deal I inspect his weapons, no arc except for a blue rocket launcher.

Shit.

Someone else joins, a friend of his, level 30. I think sweet and I inspect him. Not a single arc weapon. Goddamit.

The influx of new players already begun.

Steroyd

yeah not only are we going to be having people begging for Xur to sell Gjallarhorn but now the Gjallahorn upgrade.

Bizazedo

2.0 would be nice but the 1.0 still does significantly more damage than any other 331 attack rocket launcher in the game

If the original Vex hadn't existed, Gjallahorn would easily be the crazy, badly designed OP weapon of the game.

It's funny, but it needs nerfed badly....but they probably won't due to the rage it'd create.

Does my head in.... None of them seem to understand anything beyond wander a bit and (maybe) some enemies. Just loved it when I was getting mobbed in my bubble and no one came to help me.

E92 M3

Shit.

Yes, unfortunately the only sure bet will be 32 in a few weeks. I guess it's the reason why everyone puts their whole weapon resume on LFG now lol.

R0ckman

If the original Vex hadn't existed, Gjallahorn would easily be the crazy, badly designed OP weapon of the game.

It's funny, but it needs nerfed badly....but they probably won't due to the rage it'd create.

The issue is that it's not OP in pvp, the only place where people will actually complain about it being OP, the solution in pve for people who don't like it is simply to not use it, or not pair up with people who use it.

Bizazedo

The issue is that it's not OP in pvp, the only place where people will actually complain about it being OP, the solution in pve for people who don't like it is simply to not use it, or not pair up with people who use it.
In no MMO game ever has that made it okay to be OP in PvE.

And no one doesn't like it. I love it. It doesn't mean that I don't acknowledge that it's ridiculously powerful.

matmanx1

Question: With the conversation on explosive rounds a couple of pages back I am wondering if anyone uses them in PVP? I have Another NITC with explosive rounds and was using them last night in IB on Firebase Delphi. I managed to score some kills with it and the damage seemed decent (45'ish precision and another 23 explosive) but how do they compare to high caliber or armor piercing rounds for a scout rifle?

Top Bottom