• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

R0ckman

He refused to change it simply because he had no other weapons, and the only other thing worthwhile was a fire lmg. It was a mess and I just quit. These days, I don't even waste my gaming time when I see it's going no where.

Was bored an helping people kill Crota, and one random group didn't have rockets and could barely down him. I just left after 4 tries. With limited time, I just can't stick around for long.

You lucky man :D! Coolest chest in the game.

I can KIND of see why this game was dumbed down.

Shito

Motherfucker! Dismantling old Plan C did not add towards Pocket Infinity Bounty. I repeat, it did not add towards the bounty.

Still got a free shard though.
Should have waited for my warning a few posts above. ^^
I don't remember who here already came to this conclusion a few days ago...

E92 M3

Have you had all your shots at Fatebringer this week? I have a templar checkpoint if you need it.

Yeah - I got my 17th Found Verdict.

that sucks, I don't understand people that just keep 1 weapon in a slot at a time. I only keep about 2 open spots per slot so I can swap things on the fly. Of course I'm also a pack rat so I don't like throwing stuff away ... except shotguns, I have pretty much got to the point where if I get a shotgun its just auto dismantle as I never use them. Even in PVP, I would rather use a fusion rifle over them.

I am also a pack rat :) and the only shotgun that is worth it is the Found Verdict. Love it for PVP. Truly fun.

I can KIND of see why this game was dumbed down.

What do you mean?

GraveRobberX, congrats! Well deserved. My 3rd Crota kill this week was with you bearing the sword and it was the quickest and dirtiest. We got it on the 3rd attempt and felt great.

Hoping to trade my 2nd Song of Ir Yut somehow now in 3 days, and upgraded ghorn and hawkmoon, and I'll be A ok! Oh and lots of raid gear this coming reset :D

Namikaze1

Should have waited for my warning a few posts above. ^^
I don't remember who here already came to this conclusion a few days ago...
I was gonna dismantle it anyway since I got the upgraded one from an engram. I wanted to make sure it worked before dismantling my old Pocket Infinity.

Namikaze1

Anyone need a 6th for a Crota run just after reset tomorrow? I'm gonna use my Titan alt since I'm saving my main Titan for my usual group later that day.

Shito

I was gonna dismantle it anyway since I got the upgraded one from an engram. I wanted to make sure it worked before dismantling my old Pocket Infinity.
Now we know for sure it doesn't work. ^^
And we probably will never need to test this again, since I don't expect Bungie to ever fix the bug (or the wording)...

EL CUCO

Did I make the cut? I keep getting ignored in this thread when it comes to Crota groups...
image.php

:p

Dave_6

I have this TERRIBLE feeling that the Black Hammer and Fatebringer are two weapons that I will not ever get. Sends shivers down my spine.

I have yet to attempt the new raid as I still can't the FB or the Vex from the old one. So fucking sad.

Steroyd

If the original Vex hadn't existed, Gjallahorn would easily be the crazy, badly designed OP weapon of the game.

It's funny, but it needs nerfed badly....but they probably won't due to the rage it'd create.

Of course there'd be rage, the only way they could feasibly nerf the Gjallarhorn is to take out either wolf pack rounds or homing.

Plus it's the most sought after exotic, Bungie needs at least one of that type of item to give people something to look forward to.

E92 M3

I have yet to attempt the new raid as I still can't the FB or the Vex from the old one. So fucking sad.

Seems like the Vex is more common than the Fatebringer.

Of course there'd be rage, the only way they could feasibly nerf the Gjallarhorn is to take out either wolf pack rounds or homing.

Plus it's the most sought after exotic, Bungie needs at least one of that type of item to give people something to look forward to.

Someone earlier mentioned that Blizzard games have certain loot that break the game a little and add a significant amount of entertainment. The Ghorn is Destiny's ultimate weapon and Bungie definitely needs to leave it untouched to keep the joy of getting it.

If the original Vex hadn't existed, Gjallahorn would easily be the crazy, badly designed OP weapon of the game.

It's funny, but it needs nerfed badly....but they probably won't due to the rage it'd create.

When Bungie nerfed the Vex they said they didn't want the game to be based around acquiring certain weapons to succeed or for them to become a requirement to do certain content. Gjallahorn has obviously become just that. Whenever you're doing something difficult like Crota's End for the first time everyone was asking "Well how many Gjallahorns do you have in your group?" That's not the way it should be and Bungie's idea of not wanting the game to be based around certain weapons makes perfect since. They have not practiced those words however. Just like many other things that they've said.

More and more of my friends are migrating away from Destiny and it's sad. Bungie has built a really fun game and a cool universe, but completely botched so many things. They clearly are not big enough to handle a game of this size and have made so many short sighted decisions. While Bungie and Activision have made bucket loads of cash from Destiny, and most of us will probably be there for Destiny 2, it's sad to see just how short they've come up of fulfilling the vision we all had.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Did they change the reward system for IB or something? How come yall are suddenly posting all this stuff...?

Fistwell

Hey, looking to start hm VoG in 20ish minutes, short 2 people, hop on if interested.

HM VoG - PS4 - From start - 6PM GMT+1 / 5PM UK / 2PM ET - (add ZonySUX)
1. ZonySUX (31 Titan)
2. Arnoodt (31 Hunter)
3. YeSP (29 Warlock)
4. Ant26587 (30 Warlock/Hunter)

E92 M3

I have received 8 Vex and 3 Fatebringers.

I've never received that many exotics at all from loot drops.

When Bungie nerfed the Vex they said they didn't want the game to be based around acquiring certain weapons to succeed or for them to become a requirement to do certain content. Gjallahorn has obviously become just that. Whenever you're doing something difficult like Crota's End for the first time everyone was asking "Well how many Gjallahorns do you have in your group?" That's not the way it should be and Bungie's idea of not wanting the game to be based around certain weapons makes perfect since. They have not practiced those words however. Just like many other things that they've said.

More and more of my friends are migrating away from Destiny and it's sad. Bungie has built a really fun game and a cool universe, but completely botched so many things. They clearly are not big enough to handle a game of this size and have made so many short sighted decisions. While Bungie and Activision have made bucket loads of cash from Destiny, and most of us will probably be there for Destiny 2, it's sad to see just how short they've come up of fulfilling the vision we all had.

Having perfect balance does not equate to fun. There needs to be weapons that are a little OP to entice people to play. Who really wants to play with everything being balanced? We always seek the most powerful and unique weapons. Hopefully Bungie realizes that. Also, the Hunger of Crota is a great substitute for Ghorn.

R0ckman

Yeah - I got my 17th Found Verdict.

I am also a pack rat :) and the only shotgun that is worth it is the Found Verdict. Love it for PVP. Truly fun.

What do you mean?

It's been speculated that the story and other elements of the game were "simplified" to appeal to a wider audience.

Messiek

1298/4000 on Eris reputation. That's the only thing between me and level 32 :/
I expect to hit level 4 in 7 days, doing the reset bounties which I failed to do today. lol

boofa

Neo Member
I got Vex on back to back runs one week, have yet to get a FB :( 3 of my clan have gotten the drop during our many runs, but I have terrible luck with weapon drops, exception being the 2 vex drops. Only reason I still run VoG (besides its still fun) is hoping for a FB. Only ever got 1 Confluence, still no Timepiece, lots of Epilogues and Found Verdicts and a handful of Praedyths Revenge.

E92 M3

It's been speculated that the story and other elements of the game were "simplified" to appeal to a wider audience.

Yeah, a lot of seems to be cut out, but I thought you were referring to something else. Either way, at least they have raids which appeals to the core audience.

Top Bottom