• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

I'm down, if we can get some experienced people together. PSN: Hzoltan969

Cool so far it's just you and me, I'm half decent with the sword. I managed to level up the raid boots with the agility perk yesterday so that should make things even smoother.

Alright, 4 more for the Crota checkpoint guys, just quote this post and again, I'll start inviting once we have 6

gdt

Thanks Drizzay. Got a free shard out of it haha.

Anybody wanna quick bang out Gatekeepers and Atheon? I want a shot at a Hawkmook too :(

noomi

I got 4 pairs of hunter gloves from the Crota raid last week.... 4..... gloves. On 2 separate alts. Hoping tomorrow RNG blesses me with some new armor and maybe a gjallarhorn or hawkmoon :D

Thanks Drizzay. Got a free shard out of it haha.

Anybody wanna quick bang out Gatekeepers and Atheon? I want a shot at a Hawkmook too :(

I can do it. I think at least one character still needs GK loot drop, might get a Time Piece. I won't. But I might.

bosseye

Gaf, questions please:

1) Will Xur rotate all exotic weapons and armour at some stage?

On Saturday I bought a 302 Plan C to start upgrading but in terms of armour I'm really attached to my old Light Beyond Nemesis Warlock helm (feathers!) so would like to keep that, but obviously I'll need to get the upgraded one so I can push it to +36 light as oppose to its currently maxed out +33.

So is it likely to appear in Xur's stock one week? I almost bought the Claws of Amkhara on Saturday to use as my exotic piece instead but thought I'd hold out on Light Beyond instead.....I may be waiting a while.

2) Is the vanguard commendation a one time thing? I've been grinding rep to rank up to level 5 to get the commendation and buy a new chestpiece. Once I've done that, will I have to grind from rank 5-6 to get another commendation before I can buy new boots?

Also, worth re-iterating, if anyone wants a semi experienced player for VoG at any stage (done a few runs through now) or a total Crota's End newbie then feel free to add me/message me on PSN. If I'm on playing Destiny then I'm usually available to Raid. PSN = BarryFishFinger

Cool so far it's just you and me, I'm half decent with the sword. I managed to level up the raid boots with the agility perk yesterday so that should make things even smoother.

Alright, 4 more for the Crota checkpoint guys, just quote this post and again, I'll start inviting once we have 6

Me... But my only guardian left is a Titan 30 if thats ok.

SilvertongueBR.

I'm friends with zoltan already.

gdt

I can do it. I think at least one character still needs GK loot drop, might get a Time Piece. I won't. But I might.

Ok cool. Let's just make a list.

This is for a super fast gatekeeper and Atheon kill. I can do Atheon x3 if anyone else is looking for that. Hard mode.

1. Gdt
2. boguester

Gaf, questions please:

1) Will Xur rotate all exotic weapons and armour at some stage?

On Saturday I bought a 302 Plan C to start upgrading but in terms of armour I'm really attached to my old Light Beyond Nemesis Warlock helm (feathers!) so would like to keep that, but obviously I'll need to get the upgraded one so I can push it to +36 light as oppose to its currently maxed out +33.

So is it likely to appear in Xur's stock one week? I almost bought the Claws of Amkhara on Saturday to use as my exotic piece instead but thought I'd hold out on Light Beyond instead.....I may be waiting a while.

2) Is the vanguard commendation a one time thing? I've been grinding rep to rank up to level 5 to get the commendation and buy a new chestpiece. Once I've done that, will I have to grind from rank 5-6 to get another commendation before I can buy new boots?

Also, worth re-iterating, if anyone wants a semi experienced player for VoG at any stage or a total Crota's End newbie then feel free to add me/message me on PSN. If I'm on playing Destiny then I'm usually available to Raid. PSN = BarryFishFinger

1.) Nobody knows, there's been no guarantee that he will offer every exotic for upgrade. I would expect Light Beyond to be available though, GHorn is the only one I would question about a possible appearance.

2.) You get a commendation every time you level up the rank, so yes you will get another one. You don't need one to buy boots however, only 75 marks. Commendations are for helmets, chest piece, and weapons.

Are you guys doing VoG on normal and hard?

Hard

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Mother of Christ
In the year of our Lord, 2014, on the 22nd day of the Holy Month of December, RNGesus fucking Blessed me to the Exotic Heavens

Iron Banner: 331 Gjallarhorn + 331 Void Perun's Fire FR
VoG Gorgon Chest: 300 Truth + 300 Hawkmoon
Within 7 FUCKING HOURS!

WbVWZOu.jpg

2olHp3j.jpg

Celebration!
7vS3ZWL.jpg

AWMERGAWD!

Holy fuck this game does pay back tenfold, all those days of Swordbearing and giving up sleep to get people wins and loot, Destiny Karma is fucking REAL!

I feel like there is a bug with the scout rifles right now, or at least the variant I have.

I found an iron banner scout rifle with explosive ammo, awesome! however half of my hits in PvP from only this gun are ignoring damage, I have even hit someone, seen the explosion, someone else has killed them and while I hear the sound effect for assist, get no pop up or points from it.

I have also nailed someone several times with this gun to only drop their shields, this is an active moving player i'm shooting at not some timed out player in the corner.

I have been using pulse rifles 99% of the time this week and before now my old 300 dmg scout rifle and this is the first time I have seen no damage, happened last night and today in matches in iron banner.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I remember when I got Hawkmoon from that chest. I was in tears lol. Gratz man! This game really makes you fucking happy sometimes.

Deku Tree

I feel like the RNG is at least as buggy as the rest of the game. For sure RNG guarantees that there will always be some people with all the luck and others with no luck ever in 600 hours of play. But it feels like some people just get stuck on the bad rolls over and over and then all of a sudden they get bumped into the good roll area over and over.

Anyway Congrats Grave!

Haha that is a funny picture, nicely timed. Sadly there is no Destiny karma, random is still random. Only Bungie knows the percentages.

forrest

formerly nacire
Will a couple people join my clan? I'm tired of being in GAF Trophies Achieve and I've had a request to Afrodeeziak to join the RaidGAF clan since Nov. I just need like two people to get it to show in game. Thanks in advance!

PSN Clan: iIi Wolf Pack iIi

*Got one to join, need one more, thanks!

CLBridges

Reached Eris rank 3 and leveled up the husk to eidolon ally, seems like the gun is still crap though. Also, leveled up Universal Remote for the last perk and that gun is useless, leaning towards sharding as I don't even want it in my exotic weapon collection lol.

Will a couple people join my clan? I'm tired of being in GAF Trophies Achieve and I've had a request to Afrodeeziak to join the RaidGAF clan since Nov. I just need like two people to get it to show in game. Thanks in advance!

PSN Clan: iIi Wolf Pack iIi

*Got one to join, need one more, thanks!

Just sent a request to join. You can actually use the Admin tools to set it as default that people can join without your approval, makes it even easier.

Also, Afro stopped playing Destiny a long time ago (
after an especially painful flawless attempt
) and that clan has been full so it can't accept new members anyway.

GraveRobberX

Thanks everyone, I can't believe my luck =D

Now that Vault Upgrade seriously is fucking needed ASAP
RVSDNLJ.jpg

I still have like 2 more new weapons coming to me...

OT title needs to change ASAP

Destiny |OT13| How the GraveRobber Stole everyone's Exotics!

Whats going on GAF!?

After a couple of days away from gaming I am back to jump right into grind, I mean Destiny.

Looking to cheese Crota on 2 guys at some point today before the reset.

Let me know if anyone is interested!

GraveRobberX

This!

You are making me wish I brought my vita to work so I can go hit the gorgon chest with my two alts!

Don't worry I have checkpoint on all 3 chars, I'll give it out to GAF once their work shifts are over
I need to go sleep soon, been up since 7pm yesterday on Destiny @_@!

Top Bottom