• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Qwell

Yes, unfortunately the only sure bet will be 32 in a few weeks. I guess it's the reason why everyone puts their whole weapon resume on LFG now lol.
I was one of the late bloomers to elemental weapons, it wasn't until my cousin told me about it that I learned. Kind of amazing because I'm usually all about reading up on mechanics and stuff, but I wasn't really feeling Destiny for the first few weeks so it was a slow burn for me. Totally understand people putting their weapon resume on the LFG sites and stuff, or maybe just linking to their destiny profile or something.

To the earlier person where the guy was using TLW ... did you talk to him and did he not understand about the elemental dmg, or did he just refuse to use arc because he was being a jerk? Would suck if it was the later, hopefully it was just an honest not knowing better.

R0ckman

In no MMO game ever has that made it okay to be OP in PvE.

And no one doesn't like it. I love it. It doesn't mean that I don't acknowledge that it's ridiculously powerful.

I wasn't refusing to acknowledge that myself, I was just explaining why bungie won't nerf it, its a perfect carrot for the stick.

EL CUCO

Wow. Got the last shield break with grenades and radiance only. Omg. Thorn is nasty.
It helps tremendously that he's a 32, but still...Sunbros across the world rejoice!

LolEris probably went down to the Hellmouth with a group of Hunters.

realcZk

gPIPmdy.gif

Bizazedo

I wasn't refusing to acknowledge that myself, I was just explaining why bungie won't nerf it, its a perfect carrot for the stick.

Ah, gotcha. My bad.

And yeah, they won't nerf it. It's still weird, though. Friend got Dragon's Breath and was like "It's not a Horn."

Yeah, this is what I'm banking on also. If they really want to throw an Xmas bone, it will be GH upgrade with some DLC weapon like Dragon's Breath.

Don't even suggest this! The only christmas xur miracle that can happen is actual gjallarhorn for sale. I will accept no substitutes. My soul is dead, I keep getting loot that other people would be happy with but I'm dead inside to everything until the gjallarhorn is in my inventory.

R0ckman

Mmmhmm. I just did a weekly and someone from my friends list hops in. I don't really know who they are, I think they added me from a Roc strike this weekend. Cool.

He's level 27. Ok no big deal I inspect his weapons, no arc except for a blue rocket launcher.

Shit.

Someone else joins, a friend of his, level 30. I think sweet and I inspect him. Not a single arc weapon. Goddamit.

It went fast anyway cause I was all arc'd out but still.

You can check people's ENTIRE arsenal they are carrying? I thought it was just what they had equipped.

Yeah, I believe I have one element of everything (excluding primaries). I did just recently break down some of the vanilla stuff though. Got rid of my fire swarm since I wasn't really using it.

It wasn't. Oh it wasn't. Though I may need to hide somewhere far away from Todd.

Which of the two was it? Starfire is better but he probably still wants Praxic more, eh? I think Praxic still looks better though.

Speaking of which, got the upgraded Praxic and Ice Breaker maxed out and have my Raid gloves down to the final two bubbles just needing more Radiant Shards. Almost half way to 32. now if I can just get some more armor from CE this week though I wouldn't complain about a Black Hammer either! I'm not even going to mention Ballerhorn because, sigh.

E92 M3

I was one of the late bloomers to elemental weapons, it wasn't until my cousin told me about it that I learned. Kind of amazing because I'm usually all about reading up on mechanics and stuff, but I wasn't really feeling Destiny for the first few weeks so it was a slow burn for me. Totally understand people putting their weapon resume on the LFG sites and stuff, or maybe just linking to their destiny profile or something.

To the earlier person where the guy was using TLW ... did you talk to him and did he not understand about the elemental dmg, or did he just refuse to use arc because he was being a jerk? Would suck if it was the later, hopefully it was just an honest not knowing better.

He refused to change it simply because he had no other weapons, and the only other thing worthwhile was a fire lmg. It was a mess and I just quit. These days, I don't even waste my gaming time when I see it's going no where.

Was bored an helping people kill Crota, and one random group didn't have rockets and could barely down him. I just left after 4 tries. With limited time, I just can't stick around for long.

Uh fig, hold Todd back when we next raid together please.

You lucky man :D! Coolest chest in the game.

Namikaze1

Quick question:

Does dismantling legendary/exotic fusion rifles add towards the 10 fusion rifles requirement for Pocket Infinity?

Me too!

Kerash, are you still game?

OK so right now we've got

1. Dhruv
2. Grimlock33
3. Hzoltan69
4. Silver
5. Kerash
6. Daraman

Anyone else wanna join for a Crota beat down.

Looks like we've got a fire team.

Gonna switch over to my lock and I'm ready when everyone else is.

Don't even suggest this! The only christmas xur miracle that can happen is actual gjallarhorn for sale. I will accept no substitutes. My soul is dead, I keep getting loot that other people would be happy with but I'm dead inside to everything until the gjallarhorn is in my inventory.
Already for the disappointment tomorrow during the raids and nightfalls. Give me that legendary shotgun RNGesus!

Namikaze1

Hmm. Whenever I talk shit about warlocks, I end up getting some great items for them. I guess I should continue talking shit about them. :D

E92 M3

I have this TERRIBLE feeling that the Black Hammer and Fatebringer are two weapons that I will not ever get. Sends shivers down my spine.

Qwell

He refused to change it simply because he had no other weapons, and the only other thing worthwhile was a fire lmg. It was a mess and I just quit. These days, I don't even waste my gaming time when I see it's going no where.

Was bored an helping people kill Crota, and one random group didn't have rockets and could barely down him. I just left after 4 tries. With limited time, I just can't stick around for long.

You lucky man :D! Coolest chest in the game.
that sucks, I don't understand people that just keep 1 weapon in a slot at a time. I only keep about 2 open spots per slot so I can swap things on the fly. Of course I'm also a pack rat so I don't like throwing stuff away ... except shotguns, I have pretty much got to the point where if I get a shotgun its just auto dismantle as I never use them. Even in PVP, I would rather use a fusion rifle over them.

Namikaze1

Motherfucker! Dismantling old Plan C did not add towards Pocket Infinity Bounty. I repeat, it did not add towards the bounty.

Still got a free shard though.

ERMint13

I have this TERRIBLE feeling that the Black Hammer and Fatebringer are two weapons that I will not ever get. Sends shivers down my spine.

Have you had all your shots at Fatebringer this week? I have a templar checkpoint if you need it.

Top Bottom