• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Sullichin

I'm gonna be even more pissed than I already was about the upgrade system if I can't upgrade my stuff this weekend (saint-14, inmost light, gjallarhorns). Waited three weeks for that shit.
Oh, you've waited three weeks for your (multiple?!) Gjallarhorn UPGRADES?!

*chain smokes*

phen0m24

Wouldn't surprise me if Bungie is running an absolute minimal crew this weekend, just enough people to keep the lights on.

Probably few if any people in a position to make any decision about out of plan game changes. Like it or not, I doubt we will hear anything at all (if anything) until next week.

Thupdate:
"Hey all we're sorry for whatever that hiccup was on Christmas. We couldn't play either!

We told you there would be a surprise for you this holiday, we didn't expect that to be it.

But now that that's over, the surprise is that we are now accepting pre-orders for the next expansion! We accept first born children and certain internal organs as payment. But just like Xur, we only take specific ones each week. Good luck and hey, again, sorry about those Lizard people. Order now!

:)

Definity

I'm not going to be around for xur tomorrow so hopefully PSN comes back from the dead tonight! I need a few upgrades on my warlock!

Frenden

Banned
I'm gonna be even more pissed than I already was about the upgrade system if I can't upgrade my stuff this weekend (saint-14, inmost light, gjallarhorns). Waited three weeks for that shit.
Understandably so. It may be weeks or months before we RNG back into Gjallarhorn or Hawkmoon again.

Sullichin

Thupdate:
"Hey all we're sorry for whatever that hiccup was on Christmas. We couldn't play either!

We told you there would be a surprise for you this holiday, we didn't expect that to be it.

But now that that's over, the surprise is that we are now accepting pre-orders for the next expansion! We accept first born children and certain internal organs as payment. But just like Xur, we only take specific ones each week. Good luck and hey, again, sorry about those Lizard people. Order now!

Damn, gonna have to wait like a month before I can trade in an organ I have two of. Does one testicle count?

Thupdate:

i thought this was real for a second.

Felt compelled to make a "despite the fact that most play it for the trophy I really enjoyed Salvage" post.

Anyone else really like it? With good teamwork it was a lot of fun.

it's the best mode IMO. it doesn't play well on all the maps and it's kinda dumb how easy it is to ignore the objective and stop it at the last second. But with the right team (not randoms), it's a blast. It also brings some flow to the otherwise aimless maps.

Stubo

Master Rahool made the Joystiq "Favorite New Characters of 2014" list:

'Cryptarch' from Destiny

Though his unscrupulous business has since been addressed by the makers of the universe, the Cryptarch resides in Destiny as a blue-veiled being of pure truth. Before censorship hid his philosophy, the Cryptarch would exchange hard-earned blueprints for sub-par products, knowing that you would return again and again and again in the hopes of receiving something legendary (maybe). Those who subscribe to his message - that life is pointless – are his biggest fans, even if the content of the message is also suitably and unsurprisingly crappy. – Ludwig Kietzmann

Ambitious

The only Xur-related comment I expect from Bungie is their usual "Remember to visit Xur guardians, he will be gone soon!" reminder.

I think it may be more complicated than that. I lost access to PSN after switching character.

Maybe there's some authentication going on every time you try to reconnect to Bungie servers

Btw Lizardsquad just told BBC that MS has people who actually know wtf they're doing but Sony is charging people money yet refuses to improve their network

phen0m24

it's the best mode IMO. it doesn't play well on all the maps and it's kinda dumb how easy it is to ignore the objective and stop it at the last second. But with the right team (not randoms), it's a blast. It also brings some flow to the otherwise aimless maps.
I firmly believe the experience would be optimized with you on my team. Wink wink

;)

NastyBook

I expect nothing else at this point. There's a reason everybody thinks they're incompetent idiots
Man, if I had known these guys were like this. But I never owned an XBOX, and I never ventured into Halo-related threads, so I'm learning the hard way.
They probably wait to see if it gets resolved during the night.
Also, maybe they were dumb enough to hardcode Xur's calendar, which would mean they would need a patch to make him stay longer...
Ugh, I hadn't even considered that...

Alucrid

Banned
bungie hasn't been silent though, they decided to take a huge shit on our chests with this tweet

PxEUPEl.png

BLU-82

I thought once you're in PSN, you're safe in the game....dammit

I could change characters fine while i still had my psn connection... Changing characters counts as a re-connect to the destiny servers though. May be risky!

Same happened yesterday. All was fine until I got an animal error mid strike

Jinjo

When I try to connect it's instant that server is lost now. Dammit Sony

Yeah they turned everything off. Earlier today you could still try to get in and after a while it would say you couldn't, now it just says the server is terminated.

bungie hasn't been silent though, they decided to take a huge shit on our chests with this tweet

PxEUPEl.png

Bungie continues to display that they are not developers with the experience needed for the type of persistent world/MMO type game that Destiny is.

Rockstar showing them how it's done for a rookie studio to this type of game.

Got on it Bungie! What the hell!?!?l

NastyBook

Yeah. Bungie what the fuck.

That tweet was from 4 hours ago too!
I only followed Bungie and DeeJ. Just added the other two accounts, so I guess I'm up to date now.
I want Gjallarhorn, hawkmoon and saint 14 upgrades
These are the one's I'd like as well. The Helm with higher defense would make VoG runs easier. I can't even imagine the new G-Horn against Normal Crota. I highly doubt he'd be getting away after the first DPS rep.

Jinjo

Brutal.

It was down at the time that tweet when up. What the hell were they thinking!?!?

If they decide for Xur to have all the same items next week instead of extending that will be awful.

If you think that's funny the official playstation twitter over here was telling people to buy stuff from the january sale on the playstation store, this fucking afternoon! After the service had been down for like 24 hours already.

They were working at 1am pacific this morning when that tweet went out though. I was able to login then and buy my Xur upgrades.

I woke up at 3:30am EST to try and it wasn't working. Tried until 4:30am EST. Reset is at 4am EST

So no, for 95% of people PSN has been down since Christmas Eve in the evening.

Waldini

Errrrr... Guys?

Apparently the Core DNS Sony servers are fried. Meaning they are broken. It might take time to get those back up. If Sony manages to repair the damage done :(

Holy shit... the attacks stopped after the "fried-news". This is REALLY bad.

Alucrid

Banned
Errrrr... Guys?

Apparently the Core DNS Sony servers are fried. Meaning they are broken. It might take time to get those back up. If Sony manages to repair the damage done :(

Holy shit... the attacks stopped after the "fried-news". This is REALLY bad.

stop getting your news from random twitter accounts

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bungie continues to display that they are not developers with the experience needed for the type of persistent world/MMO type game that Destiny is.

Rockstar showing them how it's done for a rookie studio to this type of game.

Got on it Bungie! What the hell!?!?l
destiny doesn't have anything remotely close to a persistent world XD

Leaving work now, can't believe I'm still not going to be able to play when I get home... absurd

If you think that's funny the official playstation twitter over here was telling people to buy stuff from the january sale on the playstation store, this fucking afternoon! After the service had been down for like 24 hours already.

This is embarrassing.

Sony and Bungie get on this asap!

Communicate with us. Extend sales, Xur etc. Make up for this bullshit!

My nephews at this family dinner got a PS4 and Destiny for Christmas and they know how much I play and we're looking forward to showing them the ropes tonight. Poor guys.

I feel bad for those players more than anyone

I want Gjallarhorn, hawkmoon and saint 14 upgrades

Not that crazy about it anyways though. Gjallarhorn already kicks ass at 300. Hawkmoon I haven't used in a while and Been using ruin wings cause it's so good

Don't have a Gjallarhorn to upgrade and lucked out and already rolled a 36 light Saint-14. Hawkmoon will probably be my only buy, but even that I really don't care about. I only use that in PvP, but with IB only giving out 33 light gear and regular PvP being normalized, a 2.0 Hawkmoon is at the bottom of my upgrade preferences.

phen0m24

destiny doesn't have anything remotely close to a persistent world XD

Leaving work now, can't believe I'm still not going to be able to play when I get home... absurd

You can play. Just not Destiny. And not on PSN.

My son was just playing on his 360. Lol

Top Bottom