• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Never heard of Supremacy, what weapon type is it and what's so good about it?

I don't know how it stacks against black hammer but The Supremacy was the second best sniper in the game before The Dark Below. It's damage output wrecks both Patience and Time and Pradethys revenge. Only Ice Breaker was better.

Hyun Sai

So much hate for No Land Beyond. i don't understand, have you even used it to get used to it or are you just bashing it cause its the cool thing to do?

I dropped it Tuesday. Trust me, even if I wanted to design the worst gun ever created in a video game, it still would be better than No land Beyond.

I keep it in my vault though, we never know what Bungie will do with it.

Shito

So much hate for No Land Beyond. i don't understand, have you even used it to get used to it or are you just bashing it cause its the cool thing to do?
Got it Tuesday, used it exclusively the next two days for all my activities. I wanna get used to it and unlock its unique perk before passing a final judgement on it, but so far... It sucks. Quite badly.

No you don't

we-re-up-to-no-good-o.gif

You all laugh, but I know the true power of that weapon.

You'll all see. You will all see.

True. But we're still talking in hypotheticals here. It doesn't take five minutes to find a Strike yet. And currently, the game is enjoying a rather decent success, in spite of a lot of naysaying. Activision and Bungie have posted very positive reports about the game, which could be blowing smoke, sure, but I don't see a reason why they would at this point.

As for Zipper, there's a bit more to that story, like the failed Vita causing their excellent Vita game to have no sales - so Sony is every bit to blame for them shuttering, just like Studio Liverpool. But I do get what you're saying - I just think it's too early to place bets.

Well yes, it's a hypothetical discussion but one of current progression systems vs. and easier or "more fun" progression system. The current success reported seems to indicate that the current system is working even if there are complaints about it. Making things easier would be more likely to see people leave sooner I believe.

LordofPwn

Yeah it's not as bad as everyone is saying

It's way worse

I dropped it Tuesday. Trust me, even if I wanted to design the worst gun ever created in a video game, it still would be better than No land Beyond.

I keep it in my vault though, we never know what Bungie will do with it.

you dont go charging head first with a sniper rifle in a nightfall...

I got one on tuesday and i really enjoy it. Just unlocked mulligan the other day when the network worked, and that was with maybe 1 bounty. its not a gun meant for PVE but it really fun in patrol. it's a pvp gun and it will reward those who are skilled.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If the zoom in were remove and a faster bolting action was added, I would prob be all over this exotic. I hate the zoom in feature.
I think if they just doubled the impact or something, then it'd be worth using. As it stands, everything seems to be at least two-hit kill, which means you're better off using another sniper anyway.

I still think it's fun to shoot because it's so dumb though.

Got it Tuesday, used it exclusively the next two days for all my activities. I wanna get used to it and unlock its unique perk before passing a final judgement on it, but so far... It sucks. Quite badly.

DestinyDB has it listed as having the same stats as Ice Breaker.. but with that unique mod of increased precision damage with kills briefly increasing damage on the next target, that could end up being super nasty.

Need to see if that kills increasing damage on the next target applies to kills made with other weapons too. If so, fusion rifle to a trash mob, swap, precision shot on a boss could be big numbers.

LordofPwn

If the zoom in were remove and a faster bolting action was added, I would prob be all over this exotic. I hate the zoom in feature.
Zoom seems a bit much for iron sights, lower zoom would be best. and a slightly faster bolt action would be nice or if perks like faster reload worked on the bolt action. also to get rif of the red glare. there's no scope.

I got mine tuesday as well and i enjoy mine, really want to see what the perk does for pvp.

I think if they just doubled the impact or something, then it'd be worth using. As it stands, everything seems to be at least two-hit kill, which means you're better off using another sniper anyway.

I still think it's fun to shoot because it's so dumb though.
That would also work :p maybe that's just the WW2 kar98k fan/user speaking. It is fun to shoot.

hydruxo

you dont go charging head first with a sniper rifle in a nightfall...

I got one on tuesday and i really enjoy it. Just unlocked mulligan the other day when the network worked, and that was with maybe 1 bounty. its not a gun meant for PVE but it really fun in patrol. it's a pvp gun and it will reward those who are skilled.

The video was a joke. The guy was showing off the awful iron sights and bolt action reloading. He wasn't actually trying to solo the Nightfall.

Doesn't matter how skilled you are, it's a bad gun. I'd like to see someone use No Land Beyond exclusively in PVP and do well with it, I really would.

I mean yeah it's a fun gun, but it's got no practical use outside of messing around in patrols. It needs a buff badly.

The video was a joke. The guy was showing off the awful iron sights and bolt action reloading. He wasn't actually trying to solo the Nightfall.

Doesn't matter how skilled you are, it's a bad gun. I'd like to see someone use No Land Beyond exclusively in PVP and do well with it, I really would.

I mean yeah it's a fun gun, but it's got no practical use outside of messing around in patrols. It needs a buff badly.

Challenge Accep-- wait PSN is still down and I don't have the gun yet. ;/

Well, dude has been posting for a while now that he is gonna try and get a 2.0 K/D without camping.

Qwell

Watched Tremors with the family, PS4 still down, time for more grinding on the PS3 so I can buy my 2nd hawkmoon upgrade and saint 14, do some bounties and see if I can get Gjallarhorns perks unlocked again.

LordofPwn

challenge accepted. im shooting for a 10+ Kills and a k/d of ~2.0 with no camping. as soon as PSN is back up and i can get the sig perk on it.

shem935

Banned
Zoom seems a bit much for iron sights, lower zoom would be best. and a slightly faster bolt action would be nice or if perks like faster reload worked on the bolt action. also to get rif of the red glare. there's no scope.

I got mine tuesday as well and i enjoy mine, really want to see what the perk does for pvp.

What's the point of the second perk for PVP again? Does it not one shot on headshots now and the second perk would push it over the edge?

Sullichin

What's the point of the second perk for PVP again? Does it not one shot on headshots now and the second perk would push it over the edge?

It's a one shot headshot right off the bat. 202 damage in Crucible IIRC. Not sure how the perk would help PVP at all

Just had the best Will of Crota strike ever!

So I was running through killing everything with both Ether Seeds and Black Wax Idol running, for the glimmer, and we get to the public area where and there's a defend warsat just beginning.

During that the blades of crota summon is happening.

Finish the PE and rush over to the cave, I'm not even the one that kills him, don't fire a shot, but as I'm in proximity I get the Husk of the Pit :) All 3 have one now.

Re-equip BWI and complete strike gaining 4000+ glimmer in total.

forrest

formerly nacire
Watched Tremors with the family, PS4 still down, time for more grinding on the PS3 so I can buy my 2nd hawkmoon upgrade and saint 14, do some bounties and see if I can get Gjallarhorns perks unlocked again.

So I started out with Destiny on PS3 before buying a PS4 and upgrading my digital edition. Are you saying I could be playing on my PS3 even though my PS4 cant connect?

How many pages has it been since Psn/Xbox live have been down?

not a lot because nobody is playing.

Just had the best Will of Crota strike ever!

So I was running through killing everything with both Ether Seeds and Black Wax Idol running, for the glimmer, and we get to the public area where and there's a defend warsat just beginning.

During that the blades of crota summon is happening.

Finish the PE and rush over to the cave, I'm not even the one that kills him, don't fire a shot, but as I'm in proximity I get the Husk of the Pit :) All 3 have one now.

Re-equip BWI and complete strike gaining 4000+ glimmer in total.

yep passing through skywatch during events is the best part of that strike, provided your strike mates participate.

Qwell

So I started out with Destiny on PS3 before buying a PS4 and upgrading my digital edition. Are you saying I could be playing on my PS3 even though my PS4 cant connect?
Well I was able to play earlier, but now ps3 isn't working either :( at least I farmed enough earlier and got my gjallarhorn and 1 hawkmoon upgraded

1v1 it might be okay but if you run into 2 or 3 guys, you're done for with that reload after each bullet.

Anyone sniping should be at enough distance that they can move out of LoS. Run and Gunning with a Sniper rifle is not generally the best tactical use of the weapon.

Top Bottom