• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Waldini

first off that's a paradox. second that's rich coming from you. third all i got was a garbage tweet.

These guys do it for attention. DDOS is nearly untraceable anyway. Again, no hard feelings. Just pointing out the obvious. Why would Anonymous and FinestSquad directly tweet them back if this Crucifix Lizard Squad handle was fake?

Moving on!

nowai

So too many ddos's rev up the servers to the point where all fail safes and redundancies fail and the servers physically melt down?

No one at the data centers noticed bang lights going off everywhere?

The server are most assuredly not all physical machines.

They are VMs (Virtual machines) that exist to cover a lot of the problems we are currently seeing. They might have to rebuild the VMs or migrate them to new hosts, but if they are worth their salt at all, they will have backups and be able to recover once their new DNS servers have propagated.

DNS world wide propagation can take several days though. They are probably doing every necessary not to change the IPs of their servers for this very reason. The problem is those IP are ones getting attacked.

They could have double the amount of bounties available for a couple days at least

But why would they? You are not on a deadline. So what if you miss one or two days of bounties? It just makes no sense. It's not like Eris is going anywhere anytime soon.

I just think you have a point with Xur staying longer but the bounties thing I just don't get

Well since xbl and psn are a fucking mess, I decided to finally play my Wii U again after almost 2 months of not playing it. I'm so sad I slept on The Wonderful 101 for this long. Just loaded this up for the first time and goddamn.

Thank you Lizard Squad.

Well fuck you still...

They can extend his stay and provide some bonus XP and/or rep for lost bounties.

Rockstar has done it. Why can't Bungie?

I don't know man, I don't like to take my games too serious to be up in arms by the fact that I missed a few days of grinding. I'm more concerned that I just am not able to play certain games at all.

But why would they? You are not on a deadline. So what if you miss one or two days of bounties? It just makes no sense. It's not like Eris is going anywhere anytime soon.

I just think you have a point with Xur staying longer but the bounties thing I just don't get

For people who play everyday and do the bounties everyday to get the XP they need It is a big deal.

Same with marks and mats from the dailies.

Well since xbl and psn are a fucking mess, I decided to finally play my Wii U again after almost 2 months of not playing it. I'm so sad I slept on The Wonderful 101 for this long. Just loaded this up for the first time and goddamn.

Thank you Lizard Squad.

Well fuck you still...

Yup. XBL is having issues too.

Just noticed. Damnit man.

Oh well. As long as it is up before 4 am and I can get today's bounties in.

Only thing I want from Xur is to upgrade my Last Word. I'm glad they gave me another chance to do that. I've regretted picking Suros over it since the first week of the DLC.

nowai

Thank you Lizard Squad.

Well fuck you still...

W101 is the best Saturday morning cartoon I have experienced since my childhood. So much fun.

Official one got suspended. This is the new one. Yes, a 10 year old is apparently running this. All other groups tweet this one. Use your brain and open your eyes. Finest and Anonymous confirmed this yesterday. Stop acting like a blind person.

I understand you're feeling attacked due to some of the responses you've been recieving but there's no reason to take this tone in reply to my post. He asked a question and I answered it with no negativity expressed towards you. Chill out.

Furthermore, two members of Lizard Squad were on BBC Radio just a little while ago and they said no such thing about the DNS servers being fried, not to mention the question of how they would even know the physical condition of those DNS servers. That same account also tweeted earlier that they had hacked PSN and were going to offer free games, then used an image that was promptly debunked by Gaffers in the IT field when it was posted in the main thread.

A twitter account whose owner can not be verified being retweeted by other accounts whose owners can't be verified and followed by a bunch of random people is not empirical evidence.

Waldini

Bungie picked No Land Beyond as the Exotic for this reason.... They knew lol.

Imagine Ghjallahorn being on sale with all these outtages...

I don't know man, I don't like to take my games too serious to be up in arms by the fact that I missed a few days of grinding. I'm more concerned that I just am not able to play certain games at all.

I guess. It's still not allowing us access to things we would do on a daily basis or weekly with Xur and that should be rectified.

Yup. XBL is having issues too.

Just noticed. Damnit man.

Oh well. As long as it is up before 4 am and I can get today's bounties in.

Only thing I want from Xur is to upgrade my Last Word. I'm glad they gave me another chance to do that. I've regretted picking Suros over it since the first week of the DLC.

yeah we were saying that yesterday too :(

Cømet

Banned
I'm not going to give any attention to these script kiddies and the ruckus they're allegedly causing. Just posting to say I'm pleased folks are enjoying W101. Awesome game.

The problem is that Destiny is designed for close/mid-range encounters. Try using that gun in any strike, for example.

All sniper rifles are situational though. If you're going to use one, the best strategy is to be in a location where you have more chance of hitting your target than they have of hitting you. If the fight is taking place in a particularly cramped location then a sniper rifle isn't the optimal choice.

yeah we were saying that yesterday too :(

Yeah luckily I was up at 4 am. I have been doing double bounties but decided not to and just picked up most of the new ones.

I only need like 400 more points of void damage in the crucible to go to the next Thorn bounty. I will be using it and Last Word pretty much all week trying to get them leveled up.

Pretty pumped to try Thorn for the first time. I loved my Last Word. I may level up Thorn first just to give it a go.

Edit: I said I need 400, I meant 100 points. I cringe at the thought of needing 400 again. Took me like 2 hours to get to 400.

Yeah luckily I was up at 4 am. I have been doing double bounties but decided not to and just picked up most of the new ones.

I only need like 400 more points of void damage in the crucible to go to the next Thorn bounty. I will be using it and Last Word pretty much all week trying to get them leveled up.

Pretty pumped to try Thorn for the first time. I loved my Last Word. I may level up Thorn first just to give it a go.

You should level up Thorn just for IB. 2 shot and bail killer.

Waldini

I understand you're feeling attacked due to some of the responses you've been recieving but there's no reason to take this tone in reply to my post. He asked a question and I answered it with no negativity expressed towards you. Chill out.

Furthermore, two members of Lizard Squad were on BBC Radio just a little while ago and they said no such thing about the DNS servers being fried, not to mention the question of how they would even know the physical condition of those DNS servers. That same account also tweeted earlier that they had hacked PSN and were going to offer free games, then used an image that was promptly debunked by Gaffers in the IT field when it was posted in the main thread.

A twitter account whose owner can not be verified being retweeted by other accounts whose owners can't be verified and followed by a bunch of random people is not empirical evidence.

No hard feelings dude. I guess people rather be ignorant... thats all. Every server can be equipped with monitoring tools to see the load/condition its in. If those are not responding then... well, your pretty much fucked. If, indeed, the DNS servers are fried... it make take time to get those back up. Hope that is not the case. Again, Lizard said they were fried 45 minutes ago.

I agree the Twitter account seems shady but its out there. Being "verified" and acknowledged by other Hacking Groups.

Their motives remain unknown. Whereas last year they did their thing and got everything back up after 2 days IIRC.

So should I get it? And we could bust out co-op? I've never played a DA game though.

I beat the 2nd one before I realized it the general consensus on it was that it sucked. I put a few hours in the first on both 360 and PC. Never finished it.

I will get Inquisition when it is good and cheap in a few months.

todd360

We have 32.5 hours for PSN to return otherwise we miss Xur.

Bungie extend it damnit!!!

Would you all just calm down about xur. He doesn't have anything worth buying anyways. Ghorn will be on the upgrade list again. Praxic fire upgrade being available twice proves it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
All sniper rifles are situational though. If you're going to use one, the best strategy is to be in a location where you have more chance of hitting your target than they have of hitting you. If the fight is taking place in a particularly cramped location then a sniper rifle isn't the optimal choice.
The other sniper rifles are viable even at midrange because you can put two rounds into someone really quickly. Like the Praedith's Revenge for example. If used well, they become higher impact Scout Rifles.
The time between rounds in the NLB makes the gun worthless if you can't get a one hit kill, especially if you are engaging more than one enemy (which is the case in any of the boss closets in the game) and unless it becomes tremendously powerful at 331 attack, I don't see that happening on anything but trash mobs.

Eau My!!!!
Oh myyyyyyyyyyy.

I beat the 2nd one before I realized it the general consensus on it was that it sucked. I put a few hours in the first on both 360 and PC. Never finished it.

I will get Inquisition when it is good and cheap in a few months.

My wife picked it up for me for Christmas for $40 Canadian. Not a bad price for the amount of content

Alucrid

Banned
No hard feelings dude. I guess people rather be ignorant... thats all. Every server can be equipped with monitoring tools to see the load/condition its in. If those are not responding then... well, your pretty much fucked. They created awareness, 200.000 following them atm. I agree the Twitter account seems shady but its out there. Being "verified" and acknowledged by other Hacking Groups.

Their motives remain unknown. Whereas last year they did their thing and got everything back up after 2 days IIRC.

then why did that account just delete your tweet breh are lizard squad now being ignorant? cause that's just ignorant.
This came from the Lizard Squad twitter. So much for random, eh? Same Twitter Finest Squad and Anonymous respond to.

https://twitter.com/fuckcrucifix/status/548618979070443520

See above.

troy-barnes.gif

LordofPwn

Yup. There's a best use strategy for every gun. Not all hand canons are to be used the same. Just like snipers. Imagine trying to go full assault mode with ice breaker. It's not going to be a good time.

Namikaze1

Would you all just calm down about xur. He doesn't have anything worth buying anyways. Ghorn will be on the upgrade list again. Praxic fire upgrade being available twice proves it.
It must hurt you seeing it again on the upgrade list, huh? It's time to seek out Starfire Protocol instead.

LiK

Jumped onto XBL to play other games but it might be having issues as well. When I update a game, takes a while to get the update and start it. Kotaku is saying they're having issues now as well.

Jumped onto XBL to play other games but it might be having issues as well. When I update a game, takes a while to get the update and start it. Kotaku is saying they're having issues now as well.

Yeah I just got back from the gym and could see my friends but was unable to log in to Destiny. I just set Xbox to send me a text whenever it gets fixed.

Top Bottom