• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Felt compelled to make a "despite the fact that most play it for the trophy I really enjoyed Salvage" post.

Anyone else really like it? With good teamwork it was a lot of fun.
my favorite mode. Haven't even been able to play it once yet this time around :'(

NastyBook

bungie hasn't been silent though, they decided to take a huge shit on our chests with this tweet

PxEUPEl.png
Yeah, you got to add all the other Bungie related twitter accounts to get the full story. Once the servers go back up, I hope get Grimoire points for all those follows.

nowai

I woke up at 3:30am EST to try and it wasn't working. Tried until 4:30am EST. Reset is at 4am EST

So no, for 95% of people PSN has been down since Christmas Eve in the evening.

That is a very specific number you pulled completely out of the air. ;)

If you look at posts starting around 11pm pacific in this very thread, people started reporting successful logins. I attempted at 11:20pm and was able to get in.

I'm not saying everyone on the planet could get in, but the login servers were working for a few hours. Your regional DNS servers were obviously still offline to allow PSN authentication.

todd360

bungie hasn't been silent though, they decided to take a huge shit on our chests with this tweet

PxEUPEl.png

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOLOLOOLO LMAOOOOOOOO LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHahahahahahahaha heh heh *deep breath* hehheh

That's great. Like xur even has anything I'd want to buy.

Shito

Errrrr... Guys?

Apparently the Core DNS Sony servers are fried. Meaning they are broken. It might take time to get those back up. If Sony manages to repair the damage done :(

Holy shit... the attacks stopped after the "fried-news". This is REALLY bad.
This reads a lot like bullshits.
With all those stupid things floating around Twitter right now, people should stop propagating rumours like this for the moment.

This came from the Lizard Squad twitter. So much for random, eh? Same Twitter Finest Squad and Anonymous respond to.

https://twitter.com/fuckcrucifix/status/548618979070443520
Stop believing these guys, they are spreading false informations like this just to have fun.
Don't play in their game.

Alucrid

Banned
This came from the Lizard Squad twitter. So much for random, eh? Same Twitter Finest Squad and Anonymous respond to.

https://twitter.com/fuckcrucifix/status/548618979070443520

See above.

oh yeah, "THE" lizard squad twitter, oh wait. so what is "THE" lizard squad twitter? yours? mine? the dozens of others out there?

Up: Evidence of attacks

dgHPYOL.png

Guess the rumours about them being taken down/exposed were false.

b8tBk2y.png

https://twitter.com/lizardmafia

Hum... Can destiny on ps4 survive an outtage like we had a few years ago?

I've started tomb raider and shadow of mordor.
Many of my friends started inquisition.

That is a very specific number you pulled completely out of the air. ;)

If you look at posts starting around 11pm pacific in this very thread, people started reporting successful logins. I attempted at 11:20pm and was able to get in.

I'm not saying everyone on the planet could get in, but the login servers were working for a few hours. Your regional DNS servers were obviously still offline to allow PSN authentication.

I tried all night as well before giving up at 1am EST.

My number may be out of my ass. But your successful log in last night does not equal PSN being back for everyone.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Zoom seems a bit much for iron sights, lower zoom would be best. and a slightly faster bolt action would be nice or if perks like faster reload worked on the bolt action. also to get rif of the red glare. there's no scope.

I got mine tuesday as well and i enjoy mine, really want to see what the perk does for pvp.
You know, removing the red dot thing would make it a viable PVP weapon at least.

That would also work :p maybe that's just the WW2 kar98k fan/user speaking. It is fun to shoot.
Yeah, it just reminds me of that. lol

Welp. Not going to be able to grind tonight it seems.

Also I don't know what people want Bungie to do, granted they have this stupid always online model that no one is calling them out on (just how the game is bare of content). It's not their fault that Xur coming falls on the same day PSN gets DDoS.

So too many ddos's rev up the servers to the point where all fail safes and redundancies fail and the servers physically melt down?

No one at the data centers noticed bang lights going off everywhere?

Dear god. If this is true Dragon Age Inquisition will become by game of choice until PSN comes back.

If they are actually physically fucked then we are looking at awhile before things are back up. Days at best.

Waldini

oh yeah, "THE" lizard squad twitter, oh wait. so what is "THE" lizard squad twitter? yours? mine? the dozens of others out there?

Stop being ignorant and all-knowing. These Twitter accounts gained 200.000 followers in 2 days. Yes, there are more. However all of them are linked to the guys from last year. Now, you figure out the rest ok?

People complain about PSN being down. Want to know the reason... get the reason and straight up deny it? Fine with me :)

Welp. Not going to be able to grind tonight it seems.

Also I don't know what people want Bungie to do, granted they have this stupid always online model that no one is calling them out on (just how the game is bare of content). It's not their fault that Xur coming falls on the same day PSN gets DDoS.

They can extend his stay and provide some bonus XP and/or rep for lost bounties.

Rockstar has done it. Why can't Bungie?

Styles

HOLY FUCK. Why did they have to add the Hawkmoon and Suros upgrade THIS weekend? If PSN stays down for the whole weekend..

Stefan™;144899812 said:
HOLY FUCK. Why did they have to add the Hawkmoon and Suros upgrade THIS weekend? If PSN stays down for the whole weekend..

At least suros was there before already. This is the first time Hawkmoon and Gjallerhorn have shown up. Two of the most requested upgrades.

Alucrid

Banned
Stop being ignorant and all-knowing. These Twitter accounts gained 200.000 followers in 2 days. Yes, there are more. However all of them are linked to the guys from last year. Now, you figure out the rest ok?

People complain about PSN being down. Want to know the reason... get the reason and straight up deny it? Fine with me :)

first off that's a paradox. second that's rich coming from you. third all i got was a garbage tweet.

nowai

I tried all night as well before giving up at 1am EST.

My number may be out of my ass. But your successful log in last night does not equal PSN being back for everyone.

LOL! Dude.

When did I ever say it was up for everyone?! haha you even quoted me saying

"I'm not saying everyone on the planet could get in, but the login servers were working for a few hours. Your regional DNS servers were obviously still offline to allow PSN authentication."

Moving on...

Dear god. If this is true Dragon Age Inquisition will become by game of choice until PSN comes back.

If they are actually physically fucked then we are looking at awhile before things are back up. Days at best.

I honestly don't think that's possible, but that's the picture I get when they say PSN is fried.

Why don't these guys go after citibank and chase instead of PSN and Live? I think Xmas and always online crapped the networks, and these guys are trying to take credit.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Considering the overall whiny-ness of the Destiny population, PSN down the entire time Xur is available would probably cause an epic meltdown.

Waldini

Stop it, please, you're making yourself look like a fool. :/

Id rather be the fool then be in complete denial.

Why the animosity? More specifically, why so skeptical?

Some people dont know what is going on. Im in the IT bussiness for over 10 years. Seen my share of DDOS.

The skepticism is because that's not the twitter account that the Lizard Squad is using.

Official one got suspended. This is the new one. Yes, a 10 year old is apparently running this. All other groups tweet this one. Use your brain and open your eyes. Finest and Anonymous confirmed this yesterday. Stop acting like a blind person.

LOL! Dude.

When did I ever say it was up for everyone?! haha you even quoted me saying

"I'm not saying everyone on the planet could get in, but the login servers were working for a few hours. Your regional DNS servers were obviously still offline to allow PSN authentication."

Moving on...

Sure thing. Just saying that because it works for you doesn't mean it works for everyone or that people should have gotten on.

Alucrid

Banned
Id rather be the fool then be in complete denial.

Some people dont know what is going on. Im in the IT bussiness for over 10 years. Seen my share of DDOS.

Official one got suspended. This is the new one. Yes, a 10 year old is apparently running this. All other groups tweet this one. Use your brain and open your eyes. Finest and Anonymous confirmed this yesterday. Stop acting like a blind person.

lol, you have the rhetoric of a conspiracy theorist

Well, it was fun while it lasted....

Been connected to PSN and Destiny on PS4 for the last 9 hours here in the UK without any problem, then as the clock struck midnight, boom, powercut!

Just came back on, lets see if I can connect.......

LiK

I feel bad for guys who play FFXIV on PS4. They're paying a monthly fee and they can't even play their shit right now. Lizard Shit can go to hell for fucking up Xmas for millions of gamers.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone sniping should be at enough distance that they can move out of LoS. Run and Gunning with a Sniper rifle is not generally the best tactical use of the weapon.
The problem is that Destiny is designed for close/mid-range encounters. Try using that gun in any strike, for example.

Top Bottom