• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

coy

You all laugh, but I know the true power of that weapon.

You'll all see. You will all see.

I don't suppose you mean hip firing? If so, the secret's out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2qfs22/i_took_nlb_into_a_roc_strike_to_try_it_out/

As we get to the end, we take the shields down on the last flayer. I just run up and start hip firing. All precision hits. In fact, most of my precision hits were right there, with the void flayer, in his face. Hip firing a sniper rifle.

Jinjo

But with it you can play sniper / fusion or shotgun. At the same time.

You can play shotty sniper with the universal remote if you want. :p Or fusion sniper with the mythoclast. Okay that last one is a bit unfair haha since the vex is no regular fusion rifle.

Ont

On X1 it has been saying that you cannot connect Destiny but you usually get in after few attempts as long as XBL is up. Today I managed to do Crota raid, nightfall, few strikes with no issues after I got in.

Heh, shit is still down, looks like i´m gonna miss my chance to upgrade ballerhorn/hawkmoon...feels bad man.

Two days in a row without playing, my life feels empty now.

Qwell

Ggrr these hooks are deep, now that I can't even play the ps3 version I don't know what to do. I even got smash and bayo 2 along with a bunch of other games I haven't played and I think I'm just gonna take a nap or something. I just want to play destiny.

Ridli

Does the surplus weapon mod 'stack' with ruin wings? Just found a really nice against all ods that has that perk.

It's hard to test that interaction because we have no easy way to get meaningful data about drop rates. Based on previous nerfs, I wouldn't expect that such an effect would stack intentionally.

Edit2: Oh wow - I totally spaced on what Surplus did as a mod, I confused it with with another type of mod. It would be entirely possible to test for this, but I don't have an appropriate weapon to test. To be honest, having played with Ruin Wings, I would say that even if Surplus did stack w/ ruin, it would be wasted most of the time. When Ruin works for me.. I constantly get double/triple purple ammo drops. It's actually hard to use all the ammo on the ground before heading to the next section.

Edit: I am now getting new error messages preventing me from signing into PSN. I'll take that as progress... I guess?

E92 M3

So if I ever end up with Husk of the Pit, how do I get the bounty for 500 kills with it or whatever?

Wake up the hive.

Ggrr these hooks are deep, now that I can't even play the ps3 version I don't know what to do. I even got smash and bayo 2 along with a bunch of other games I haven't played and I think I'm just gonna take a nap or something. I just want to play destiny.

Indeed, I tried playing Horizon 2 and all I wanted to do was play Destiny. Also have Diablo 3 still sealed.

Jinjo

So while christmas is making me lose my real life gains (too much food, gyms closed), DDoS attacks are making me lose out on my destiny christmas grind gains.

Worst christmas ever.

XAL

So if I ever end up with Husk of the Pit, how do I get the bounty for 500 kills with it or whatever?

The Dark Beyond on the easiest difficulty. (easy because enemies die faster/less reloads)

Get to "we've woken the hive!"

Spray Husk of the Pit at thrall face level.

Kill all thralls and acolytes.

Die to the Knight.

Repeat.

You should get it somewhere between 500 and 600 kills.

realcZk

The Dark Beyond on the easiest difficulty. (easy because enemies die faster/less reloads)

Get to "we've woken the hive!"

Spray Husk of the Pit at thrall face level.

Kill all thralls and acolytes.

Die to the Knight.

Repeat.

You should get it somewhere between 500 and 600 kills.

its actually much quicker if you do the wakening mission on the moon
kill the first shrieker and the cursed thralls and stand just before the doorway
6 cursed thralls will spawn every few seconds, kill one and it'll count as 6 kills when they all explode

took me like 25 min

sjay1994

Yep thats how I feel as well. After using fatebringer, I <3 HCs. Still looking for a good legendary HC to go with ballerhorn now.

Hey raw.

Just wanted to say something urgent came up. I might not be able to make it by 9pm for the flawless run.

Then again, psn is down.

I'll keep you posted through Gaf.

NastyBook

They get the rest of the night before I get the PS3 version and get my Gjallarhorn buffed, because this....is BULLSHIT. </commanderzavala>

Stantron

I've dismantled three. A fusion rifle, a shotgun and a machine gun. All gave me 4. Luck on my side perhaps?

Thanks for the info. I'll post how many radiant mats drop when I eventually dismantle mine. Gonna even level the raid chest piece to see if it gives more than two since I don't have other chest pieces that need leveling.

They get the rest of the night before I get the PS3 version and get my Gjallarhorn buffed, because this....is BULLSHIT. </commanderzavala>

I am not rewarding this bullshit by buying the PS3 version. I'll need TDB too.

Nowhere to rent it here in my small town.

Bungie extend Xur! This is bullshit!!!!

gdt

I'm at work so I can't read everything but I only own the dlc on the ps4 version. If I rent the PS3 version how does it account for all my dlc items I have in my inventory and equipped as well?

MildSoss

Haha, i'm in the same boat. I got all these great games like Smash and Bayo waiting in my back log but I rather be playing Destiny instead. So sad.

Thanks for the info. I'll post how many radiant mats drop when I eventually dismantle mine. Gonna even level the raid chest piece to see if it gives more than two since I don't have other chest pieces that need leveling.
I lvl my spare gear up and only got 2 radiant shards.

I just want No Backup Plans. Both weeks they were available I've missed them. T_T

They're not that great perk wise ( I do enjoy punching everything!), but I just think they look cool.

So I guess, if you ever get on. Do not log off. I've been grinding on the ps3 version for hours now.

I am however too scared to change to another character.

phen0m24

Felt compelled to make a "despite the fact that most play it for the trophy I really enjoyed Salvage" post.

Anyone else really like it? With good teamwork it was a lot of fun.

Bungie's silence about the issue is sickening.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bungie is running an absolute minimal crew this weekend, just enough people to keep the lights on.

Probably few if any people in a position to make any decision about out of plan game changes. Like it or not, I doubt we will hear anything at all (if anything) until next week.

Jinjo

I'm gonna be even more pissed than I already was about the upgrade system if I can't upgrade my stuff this weekend (saint-14, inmost light, gjallarhorns). Waited three weeks for that shit.

Top Bottom