• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Ive gotten sofar (excluding Xur) Exotic weapon drops:

2x Universal Remote (1 new from NF, 1 old from VoG)
2x 4th Horseman (1 from Roc as prize, 1 from engram)
1x Vex Mythoclast (VoG)
1x Plan C (NF prize)

That was my first legendary engram upgrade to Exotic weapon :(.
I dont play PVP
I tried it and I don like it at all
So you see that RNG is bitching me with Exotic drops.

Haha I get it now. I got 2 No Land Beyonds this week. One from killing Crota and another from Nightfall. Then Xur sells it. Smh...

Rixa

Ahh okay you've already gotten it haha. Still, at the very least it's a free exotic shard! Saves you a few coins.
Thats true :).
Haha I get it now. I got 2 No Land Beyonds this week. One from killing Crota and another from Nightfall. Then Xur sells it. Smh...
Yeah :D.

Got first one on 15.12.2014
4horseman.PNG

A lot of GAFfers playing Dragon Age during this downtime. A mention or two of CoD. I've been playing Shadow of Mordor. I wasn't too keen on it for the first few hours, but now I am hooked. It really opens up after you get more abilities. It looks good, but I find Destiny's graphics to be cleaner.

A lot of GAFfers playing Dragon Age during this downtime. A mention or two of CoD. I've been playing Shadow of Mordor. I wasn't too keen on it for the first few hours, but now I am hooked. It really opens up after you get more abilities. It looks good, but I find Destiny's graphics to be cleaner.

The nemesis system is amazing. Every game should implement something like it.
I've been playing Dragon Age. Really happy with it, scratches the itch that Elder Scrolls usually does.

Ahh okay you've already gotten it haha. Still, at the very least it's a free exotic shard! Saves you a few coins.

I feel his pain. I'd much rather a Legendary sniper with some good perks than a repeat exotic that I'll never use, or saving a couple of coins. I have 10+ exotic energies and 100+ strange coins. I only have 3 Vanguard commendations, and I'm short on marks.

Deku Tree

How about a VoG level 33 extreme mode that drops 331 attack VoG raid weapons and exotics and 33 light VoG armor?

Edit: I guess if it is level 33 or even level 32 then you don't need 33 light armor anymore...

Rixa

I feel his pain. I'd much rather a Legendary sniper with some good perks than a repeat exotic that I'll never use, or saving a couple of coins. I have 10+ exotic energies and 100+ strange coins. I only have 3 Vanguard commendations, and I'm short on marks.

"Just a normal day in Destiny world" :p. You wont get what you want.

How about a VoG level 33 extreme mode that drops 331 attack VoG raid weapons and exotics and 33 light VoG armor?

+10% attack to Fatebringer sounds nice.

Lol people are playing COD, Dragon Age, Shadow, etc and here I am sitting mining shit in Steamworld Dig. Gotta grind somewhere.....

What's the best shotgun for PvP? What's the best stat to look for? Range?

I'm thinking Found Verdict...but wanted to know your thoughts as well.

Also Invective vs. 4th Horsemen. Who wins?

I knew I should have played an all nighter. What time it did go back down?

When it came back on, logged in, got ghorn, Hawkmoon and Saint upgrades and went to bed. Now i can play the weeklies and raid and it's down! I can't catch a break to play at all this week.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Secret Handshake with full auto > all. Invective is better than 4th Horsemen, all the DLC exotic weapons are trash.

Secret Handshake from the Vanguard vendor is apparently disgustingly good.

Found Verdict is still great though.

hydruxo

Found Verdict is my go-to shotty for sure. Never failed me. Invective is pretty similar but of course it takes up the exotic slot so it just depends what you use as your primary or heavy in PVP. Personally, I'd rather use my Hawkmoon, Thorn, or Suros rather than use Invective so I just go with FV as my secondary.

4th Horseman has virtually non-existent range without any perks unlocked, but there's a range upgrade fortunately. It doesn't compare to FV or Invective though, but it's a decent gun.

k1t4j

I have been playing Evil Within, I got it on sale for 20$ during black friday, and wow for the price is a very solid game.

Just has a bit wonky controls, and the occasional framerate drop but is good, 17h in chapter 14 can't be that far way from the End.

X-Frame

This is why Xur being around for 2 days is bullshit.

Xur needs to be available every day, but have him change his stock/location once a week.

Was better for a while but can't login now. At least got my stuff done so it doesn't bother me much.

Same here. Got the Gjallarhorn and hawkmoon upgraded but still need Saint 14. Should have just done it last night and gotten it over with. My main concern now is salvage. I hope I can get that trophy before Tuesday. God knows when they'll bring it back again

This is why Xur being around for 2 days is bullshit.

Xur needs to be available every day, but have him change his stock/location once a week.

maybe this mass outage will make them realize what most people have been saying all along

TheOddOne

We needed that little extra push in the end, but we didn't win this Control match.

ibkp4zBdcBO2XL.png

However, I was awarded the Gjallarhorn. Sweeeeeet.

Ambitious

Doesn't seem right. I've never heard anyone ever getting radiant mats from Nightfall.The description for Ass mats also say they can be obtained from Crucible but I've never seen them drop either.

Haven't heard of anyone either. They must have changed plans at some point and forgot to update the text.

I was able to login briefly and upgraded one of my GHorns. Then I noticed something strange. Now all 3 of my characters share the same pool of glimmers. What the fuck is this? Did I miss something from the previous update???

Always been that way. It's both a blessing and a curse

I was able to login briefly and upgraded one of my GHorns. Then I noticed something strange. Now all 3 of my characters share the same pool of glimmers. What the fuck is this? Did I miss something from the previous update???

It's always been like this. Marks aren't though, which makes things confusing (some currency is shared but some isn't? blah).

Where I can find (link please) the words where Bungie said that CE Exotics are best in game (or whatever)?

Huh? Do you mean The Dark Below exotics?

There are no exotocs exclusive to the Crotas End raid. Just a material to upgrade a weapon to an exotic in the hard mode version coming in January sometime.

Top Bottom