• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Just finished doing All 3 Nightfalls, Vault of Glass Hard and Crota's End

1x Praedyth's Revenge
1 x Knucklehead Radar
2 x Battlecage of Kabr
1 x Willbreaker's Greaves

Basically awful.

I snagged No Land Beyond too. Which is the worst exotic in the game. Upgraded by Ballerhorn and Helm of Innermost light.

El Sloth

Banned
The one and only time I don't feel like a second class citizen for owning the 360 version. *goes back to farming helium filaments*

Can't even log onto PSN. Fucking shit man.

Did we figure out which one was better? Instant or drawn out disconnects?

Late last night I was getting rampant instant disconnects. A few hours later that stopped and then I got in.

Not much to go on, but I think the longer attempts are at least success in finding viable servers and attempting to negotiate entry whereas instant ones are just insta fail.

Rixa

Huh? Do you mean The Dark Below exotics?

There are no exotocs exclusive to the Crotas End raid. Just a material to upgrade a weapon to an exotic in the hard mode version coming in January sometime.

Yeah, sorry my poor wording :). Bungies hilarious statement how fabulous those DLC exotics are (and powerful) :p.

Just finished doing All 3 Nightfalls, Vault of Glass Hard and Crota's End

1x Praedyth's Revenge
1 x Knucklehead Radar
2 x Battlecage of Kabr
1 x Willbreaker's Greaves

Basically awful.

I snagged No Land Beyond too. Which is the worst exotic in the game. Upgraded by Ballerhorn and Helm of Innermost light.

How are you even on. .

I knew this shit would be broken again when I woke up. Glad I took that time to buy No Land Beyond. Weekend complete. I'll likely miss out on Hawkmoon and Gjallarhorn, but meh.

Rixa

Somehow I find this quite amusing:
Error2.PNG

Clicks PS button and goes to store.

Well manage to fix my cousins laptop, study organic chemisty, physic and do a few things for my parents during destiny downtime.. Being productive for once :p

Frenden

Banned
Truth is: lizard squad is actually a band of parents who just want to get their kids doing productive things.
But... But... I'm an old, married man who is left only with huge swaths of dead time. I don't want to contemplate my misspent youth or bad decision making. I just want to bang bang shooty shoot some pixels.

hydruxo

Can't even log onto PSN. Fucking shit man.

Did we figure out which one was better? Instant or drawn out disconnects?

Seems to me like the "Cannot connect to PSN within the time limit" is better than an instant disconnect, because it's at least trying to connect whereas the other way it's just instantly failing. I was getting timed out over and over last night but eventually it said PSN was down for maintenence, and then a few more tries and it connected. That being said I don't know what the hell is going on haha, just hopeful thinking.

What do I need to do to play Destiny on a Vita? (I don't have a vita at the moment.)

Set your ps4 up to for remote play, connect a vita and away you go. I use it all the time for tower / patrols / bounties. I wouldn't recommend it for nightfalls or raids though (I did VoG normal and was 50% less useful)

Set your ps4 up to for remote play, connect a vita and away you go. I use it all the time for tower / patrols / bounties. I wouldn't recommend it for nightfalls or raids though (I did VoG normal and was 50% less useful)

One change on the vita control scheme would be amazing. Instead of having to push the joystick forward and press the dpad down to run, they should make it so that only the joystick push is needed.

If you need to walk, THEN push joystick and hold down dpad key. I run almost all the time whereas walking is nothing something I need to do a lot.

Wish it were possible!

k1t4j

What do I need to do to play Destiny on a Vita? (I don't have a vita at the moment.)

Just a vita then :D

Also a decent wifi connection. I remote play at times doing some bounties and stuff and its great.

Also my gf can be watching a movie or MasterChef and I can grind roc playlists looking for the elusive Ghorn :p

There dozens of us! Dozens!

only three I know on GAF though ;_; I'm forced to go to reddit and DestinyLFG for weekly stuffs and the Raids (although I still haven't done CE)

I hope all your future nightfall and raid drops are No Land Beyond!
Yeah I would def help out with the resets if I could. Theres a overwhelming PS4 domination in DestinyGaf

Truth is: lizard squad is actually a band of parents who just want to get their kids doing productive things.
haha prob. P.S dont know who your models are but they are beautiful :) just thought I would let you know that.

One change on the vita control scheme would be amazing. Instead of having to push the joystick forward and press the dpad down to run, they should make it so that only the joystick push is needed.

If you need to walk, THEN push joystick and hold down dpad key. I run almost all the time whereas walking is nothing something I need to do a lot.

Wish it were possible!

As far as remote play controls go, destiny is one of the better ones! They could have mapped run to the rear or front touchpad!

Yeah I would def help out with the resets if I could. Theres a overwhelming PS4 domination in DestinyGaf

haha prob. P.S dont know who your models are but they are beautiful :) just thought I would let you know that.

Thanks! I usually only shoot with people who I like personally, they are all wonderful people as well as being beautiful.

Rixa

Ive done Nightfalls using Vita. There is atleast one gaffer who has done both Raids (Silvertongue?) by Vita.
Iam using Vita in my living room (direct connection). TV is another use most of the time.

Just remember to buy Grips for Vita (I use Hori grips). And also tune brightness of the game, by default its too dark in Vitas screen, also you might want to adjust control sensitivity.

Wish it were possible!

Wouldn't that make it really hard to move and reload at the same time? Feels like the constant sprint would almost always end up canceling the reload.

Ive done Nightfalls using Vita. There is atleast one gaffer who has done both Raids (Silvertongue?) by Vita.
Iam using Vita in my living room (direct connection). TV is another use most of the time.

Just remember to buy Grips for Vita (I use Hori grips). And also tune brightness of the game, by default its too dark in Vitas screen, also you might want to adjust control sensitivity.

I have no grips and my aim with vita sticks is rubbish

deafmedal

I was logged in. Got an emergency call for work (not an emergency heh, I reset a breaker) but I decided to stay in orbit, in a menu screen. No more Destiny for me when I got home. So instead of working on my backlog I'll probably go pick up DA:I...

But all I want to do is shoot the bang-bangs :(
Hopefully next weekend fairs a bit better.
Bungie has been behind all of this, they didn't want anyone upgrading g'horn /tinfoil hat

Did they need checkpoints or something? Come on now, you should be on the moon raiding.

;)

Good deal, man!

at my rate, they do have checkpoints :p I try to read X amount and reach that "checkpoint". We already 2 man the first 2 sections of the raid. I might try soloing CE once I hit lvl32 now since I got ballerhorn 2.0.

Top Bottom