• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Deku Tree

Nope, helmet is the only raid piece I have on my warlock.

Did you get the helmet from Crota? I keep wondering if that is the only place it drops. All I need is the helmet to have full warlock raid armor with rolls that I don't like at all.

R0ckman

What they need to do, they can't or are seemingly unwilling to do, and that's let old Exotics fade away and have new weapons and armor that are required for higher levels. That'd remove the need for nerfing the Gjallahorn but, eventually, we'd have to move on.

It feels like they don't have enough people on the game, though, given the few new exotics or how good they are versus the old ones + the seeming necessity of allowing us to upgrade old ones.

I honestly agree 100% with this, the issue is there is not enough content coming out, and they KNOW it. That is why the made vanilla exotics 2.0 instead of just updating the old ones like they did with the vex, they want you to grind the old exotics over again because they don't have enough new stuff to keep you coming back.

I mean look at the trashy exotic weapon selection that came with DB, No Land Beyond, Dragon's Breath, The Fourth Horseman. One of those weapons is PS exclusive.

realcZk

Did you get the helmet from Crota? I keep wondering if that is the only place it drops. All I need is the helmet to have full warlock raid armor with rolls that I don't like at all.

Yeah, only Crota can drop it. I've seen it drop once out of 8 crota kills.

EL CUCO

A couple of guys I've talked to with the helm both said they got it from Crota.

XblogPSN

Neo Member
0 Fatebringer and 0 Vex, although I am not too upset about it since I have so few Hard VoG clears. In another month though....

Only 2 raid Level30 = 0 Fatebringer & 0 Vex.. with your experience, what is the probability to get Fatebringer or Vex ?
Thanks !

whoever is in charge of exotic tuning isn't doing a great job... look at no land beyond for example... and the exotics before that which required massive tweaking to become viable. i forsee yet another exotic weapons balance patch coming. the raid weapons are much better designed, sometimes it feels like whoever designs the exotics doesn't even play the game.

It seems to me like Exotics are supposed to be more unique rather than specifically more powerful than normal Legendaries while the Raid Weapons are clearly intended to be more powerful.

The original intent in terms of draw for Exotics seems to be look and mods that no other guns have. Sometimes this leads to them being out and out more powerful (Gjallarhorn) and other times they suit a very particular playstyle or feel (No Land Beyond).

However players tend to favor effectiveness over uniqueness when they can choose between either, which leads to the ideas that some Exotics "suck" while others are amazing.

But make no mistake, Exotics are not made with the intent of being the most powerful weapons in the game. If so, we wouldn't even have the chance to buy them randomly the way we can now.

LiK

Nami, you there? I need your help doing the Eris story missions where we hunt those targets. My alt needs to complete that.

Manp

i still need to get the first two loot drops from CE. if anyone is doing a run from scratch in 2 and a half hours and have a free spot i'm available :)

on PS4 btw

Langy

Cool, that should be a full team. Now in practice, I only see both of you guys on, others seem to be late. I'll give it another 10mins then I'll invite other people over.

If you still need someone i'm happy to join you.

PSN is Langoit.

Qwell

It's infuriating. I feel like my exotic RLs and LMGs are pointless because I still don't have it yet. It shouldn't be the end-all, objectively best heavy weapon always :/
I wouldn't call it the end-all objectively best heavy weapon, and even if it was, why not? I mean at the end of the day, in a game like this people will always be crunching numbers, they will always find the best weapon / strategies for an encounter and aimuse that. If it wasn't Gjallarhorn it would be something else. For me, the horn is really just good for a single target all by himself mob, which kind of makes it perfect for big bosses. However for trash I prefer something with cluster bombs, or actually an LMG as you get more bang for your buck. Unless its a large group of close enemies, and again cluster bombs or maybe Dragon's Breath with the Solar Grenade might be better for that (I do love my Dragon's Breath, its just cool).

E92 M3

Eh, every great weapon needs some type of drawback, but Gjallarhorn is not nearly restricted. A "reasonable" nerf would be to limit it to 1 round and have to reload every time.

No more nerfs. They add nothing to the game and only detract from the entertainment.

ewww man... it looks like every other sniper rifle with some shit glued on. which can be said for pretty much every CE raid weapons (worst offender still being the ship which is basically Aspect of Glass lol)

I like it; to each their own. And yes the new raid ship is kinda cheesy.

Doubt anyone is concerned but I worked out the weaker feeling scout rifle stuff to some degree, explosive rounds lower the damage of the bullet because the explosion carries the rest of the damage delt, so you get two values, example:

bullet normally 47 dmg body hit

explosive bullet 22 + 22 damage.

Still it works out to be less overall, but there are still false positives with bullet collision in PvP and it's annoying.

Maledict

I wouldn't call it the end-all objectively best heavy weapon, and even if it was, why not? I mean at the end of the day, in a game like this people will always be crunching numbers, they will always find the best weapon / strategies for an encounter and aimuse that. If it wasn't Gjallarhorn it would be something else. For me, the horn is really just good for a single target all by himself mob, which kind of makes it perfect for big bosses. However for trash I prefer something with cluster bombs, or actually an LMG as you get more bang for your buck. Unless its a large group of close enemies, and again cluster bombs or maybe Dragon's Breath with the Solar Grenade might be better for that (I do love my Dragon's Breath, its just cool).

It's not that there is "one best weapon" (although that in of itself is worrying). It's the fact that the gap between Gjallahorn and the second best heavy weapon is so insanely massive for single target dps. Gjallahorn does so much single target damage, far far more than any other option available, and it really screws around with boss fight balancing because a team with a few of them is astronomically better than a team without.

Of course, their content is bugged to shit and exploited daily anyways so I guess it doesn't matter, but in a world where Bungie actually put the effort in having such a weapon floating around really does mess things up.

No more nerfs. They add nothing to the game and only detract from the entertainment.

I hope it isn't nerfed, but if Bungie felt it needed to happen since it has reached a mythical status that in some ways detracts from the game, I think that would be reasonable to do.

WipedOut

ewww man... it looks like every other sniper rifle with some shit glued on. which can be said for pretty much every CE raid weapons (worst offender still being the ship which is basically Aspect of Glass lol)

that's exactly the problem. IB is the better weapon, BH is still good, don't get me wrong, but being a legendary you might expect it to have some shortcomings.

The shortcomings are the slow rate of fire and 3 round clip. With perfect balance it's about the same as P&T. The slow RoF is the killer.

Only 2 raid Level30 = 0 Fatebringer & 0 Vex.. with your experience, what is the probability to get Fatebringer or Vex ?
Thanks !

Fatebringer seems to drop at a slightly higher rate, but both are low drops. Some people have 20+ clears and no Vex.

Best shot is to only do Hard mode so you get 2 Rolls per clear.

Coconut

Banned
No; I read the "easy" part and I still disagree. As much as I want the Ghorn it isn't the end all weapon for boss fights. A quality (read vendor) tracking rocket launcher is just as effective.

There are two types of people in Destiny those the have a Ghorn and those that don't. Once you get one and upgrade it come back to me and we can talk.

There are two types of people in Destiny those the have a Ghorn and those that don't. Once you get one and upgrade it come back to me and we can talk.

Lol, this is true in a lot if ways. People without Godhorn are treated like 2nd class citizens to a lot of people. Imagine playing this game and not having am inclusive community like GAF. You would be practically ostracized from LFG sites.

patchday

So played for 2 hours last night which was the first time I've played in a long while. I dont know what to make of all this.

On one hand, still upset we're supposed to regrind the exotics. Too me that's just silly. But I've decided I just won't regrind them then unless it's ballerhorn probably. Everything else is just not getting up'ed.

Which leads me to a problem. My vault is already FULL. So when I come across an 'upgraded' ballerhorn not sure where I will put it. Wish this game allowed us to spend glimmer to upgrade the vault.

God this is so frustrating. Maybe Diablo Ultimate Edition just got me spoiled. But I got plenty of vault there I think. And so far no cap on my Gold or any other silly barriers. All these barriers are really holding this game back from being truly epic. But I hear D3 at launch was no where near as refined as this PS4 version I'm playing

So I pray in bout 6 more months or so Bungie will be less restrictive. I am guessing after the next DLC comes out this game will be where I want it. So for now just playing just a tad. Will try to be L31 on all my characters before next expansion. Not worried about the Crota raid so no need to burn money on the current DLC. All that crap will get obsoleted anyways!
/ rant off

The Good: <Oh btw, did enjoy myself last night. On the flip side, Bungie is super generous giving me access to L31 even though I did not buy TDB. I am grateful and do plan to keep playing the base content with my gaffers!>

hrb28RQ.jpg

I dont think I like the helm

Pickman

I tossed together a bit of info about the new build I'm running:

EDIT: I'm seeing on some sources that Bad Juju and Obsidian Mind might not stack properly. Going to test this build with a different weapon and see if there's an appreciable difference once I get home. If I'm incorrect I'll update this again.

The Void Must Flow - Warlock

Exotic Armor: Obsidian Mind
Exotic Weapon: Bad Juju
Subclass: Voidwalker
Necessary Subclass Skills: Nova Bomb - Shatter (hit more), Soul Rip, The Hunger, Embrace the Void
Legendary Complements: Murmur, Hezen Vengeance, any thing that kills stuff quickly, really.
Notes: This build works well for PvE or PvP, if you can make the Bad Juju work for you in PvP. Obsidian Mind has an effect of decreasing the cooldown of your next Nova Bomb any time you use Nova Bomb, and the Bad Juju will increase gains toward your super from kills. The Soul Rip ability makes Energy Drain reduce the cooldown of your Nova Bomb additionally, Hunger increases the duration of your Energy Drain, and Embrace the Void makes your Nova Bomb and grenade trigger Energy Drain as well. Energy Drain normally decreases the cooldown of your grenade, but now it's going to impact your Nova Bomb as well.

Because of the stacking effect of Nova Bomb cooldown reduction and increased super energy generation with Bad Juju, you can get a new Super insanely fast. I was testing this in The Exclusion Zone, and I was able to pop off a super every 8 to 10 enemy kills with Bad Juju.

Dave_6

Thanks !

Seems to depend on just RNG luck. I'm around ~15 clears and yet to have either one. I still don't even have the raid helmet for either my Hunter or Warlock.

EL CUCO

he backs away unless he is being bombarded with other weapons as well, which kinda stagger locks him in the solar flare. still my dragons breath solar flare deals less damage per tick than my ghorn does per wolf pack. not to mention my dragons breath is 331.. whereas my horn is 300.
Those homing Wolf pack rounds...nothing tops them. It's the sole reason that I'm still even playing VoG, hoping that I can at least grab an older 300 Horn.

Zakalwe

Banned
Anyone still need nf or weekly?

I need 1x nf and 2x weekly. Can run with my 31 Titan and switch out at the end. Would really appreciate a hand before tomorrow. :3

Will be online 8pm gmt.
Psn: astropoff

patchday

Seems to depend on just RNG luck. I'm around ~15 clears and yet to have either one. I still don't even have the raid helmet for either my Hunter or Warlock.

Yo guys does the Vex that drops in the VoG HM come fully upgraded now?

Did Bungie fix?? I saw my buddy had a fully maxed out Vex but didnt get a chance to ask him how he acquired this

Lol, this is true in a lot if ways. People without Godhorn are treated like 2nd class citizens to a lot of people. Imagine playing this game and not having am inclusive community like GAF. You would be practically ostracized from LFG sites.

Oh and I an Ostracized from those sites because a random drop hasn't happened for me. So ive had to get good; damn good without having either of the two best exotics in the game (Ghorn and IB) so I've come to appreciate groups without either of those in it and work with them and talk them through the encounters properly. And guess what? It's doable. Not even really hard. FFS I use Truth on Crota which until this week was a 1.0 version. Every Nightfall i complete it without an IB OR Ghorn in my firetean. But according to the elitist LFG I'm a scrub for it. Oh well.

realcZk

Did Bungie fix?? I saw my buddy had a fully maxed out Vex but didnt get a chance to ask him how he acquired this

It's upgradable to a maximum of 323 attack. All new weapons post-DLC from sources other than the VoG are upgradable to 331 attack.

Bungie wanted to make the vex something special that would be more viable in the upcoming content so it got the attack buff of 323 before the DLC came out. Now that the DLC is out and every weapon drops with 331 attack maximum, we don't know if Xur will ever allow us to upgrade the mythoclast to 331, or if it will rot away eventually like VoG raid weapons.

Deku Tree

the vex old and new is max 323 attack. That's the only vex you can get right now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Pickman said:
Hey guys, just a heads up if you didn't know:

You can connect your tablet or smartphone to your PS4 via the local network and use it as a keyboard while you're playing via the PS app. This makes adding folks from DestinyLFG way easier, as well as searching friends or any other function where you'd need the keyboard.

Here's the instructions for setting it up.
This is awesome! Thanks for the heads up.
Did anyone save any of those posts talking about how the player base was going to collapse after this or that event happened?
Someone may have been compiling some of them, yes.

Bizazedo

Oh and I an Ostracized from those sites because a random drop hasn't happened for me. So ive had to get good; damn good without having either of the two best exotics in the game (Ghorn and IB) so I've come to appreciate groups without either of those in it and work with them and talk them through the encounters properly. And guess what? It's doable. Not even really hard. FFS I use Truth on Crota which until this week was a 1.0 version. Every Nightfall i complete it without an IB OR Ghorn in my firetean. But according to the elitist LFG I'm a scrub for it. Oh well.

No one's saying things aren't doable. In fact, you're amusingly the very reason Horn and IB are broken. Bungie has to design encounters so that people without those items can do them.

So those people with them have a far easier time of things.

Top Bottom