• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

patchday

Interesting, but in pvp, particularly control, the matches are super fests so much already, I doubt the opposite team will be able to notice you being able to go in and bomb over and over. Is this a DB helmet?

did Control for awhile with a GAF'er yesterday. ugh, that mode just puts me in such a bad mood. Void Warlocks in particular seem like any noob can do well with. Just nova bomb + toss out those ridiculous grenades that follows the victim all around the map. What the hell was Bungie thinking... For simple fun I play Destiny pvp a bit but now I'm starting to get a lot better in CoD: AW so will probably be playing that a lot more for my pvp needs

Destiny still fun for some occasional shooting but the supers are just silly. They are a little better in the other modes though since you dont have to huddle together with the team at one spot making yourself an easy target for Novas. So I enjoy Clash a little more.

My old Destiny pvp group fell apart a few weeks ago though. They've all moved on. But still enjoy a little action with Gaf

but while they were active they wouldn't touch Control. It was only good for learning the 'points' (A,B, & C so you can call out over voice for help and make strategies)

[edit] To be clear, Not calling Warlock players 'unskilled' I wish I worded this post much better.

Pickman

It kinda has though, this thread is still going strong because the same bunch of ocd assburgers having neurotic people keep posting semi inane shit about random number generators or LFGing. Everytime a Destiny thread shows up gaming side it's filled with page after page of people who know better than to run this treadmill and chime in to say they quit ages ago. 99% of the people I was raiding with at launch have quit this game and have moved on to greener pastures. So I wouldn't say the community is thriving, it's sort of self sustaining in the way tiny insular mod communities are but it's definitely not expanding and will peter out eventually.

So brave.

There's over 150k folks on the subreddit dedicated to the game, and recent stats released by Bungie indicate it's still going strong. There have been over 2.4 million end game final raid boss kills performed by the player base, and that player base has put more than 870 million hours of gametime into the Destiny universe.

This thread is active because the people in it like the game, just like a lot of other folks who still play.

breakfuss

It kinda has though, this thread is still going strong because the same bunch of ocd assburgers having neurotic people keep posting semi inane shit about random number generators or LFGing. Everytime a Destiny thread shows up gaming side it's filled with page after page of people who know better than to run this treadmill and chime in to say they quit ages ago. 99% of the people I was raiding with at launch have quit this game and have moved on to greener pastures. So I wouldn't say the community is thriving, it's sort of self sustaining in the way tiny insular mod communities are but it's definitely not expanding and will peter out eventually.

hey that's messed up, man.

lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, I *was* thinking of becoming a more permanent fixture here, since I'm getting into Destiny more now than I did at launch, but considering the post above mine, I'm not so sure if this is the right atmosphere.
Hey Mik, you know the things that really get to you on occasion about the community atmosphere for GW2? Magnify by 100x with regard to Destiny ;) Don't even consider it if you're prone to the same sort of tsuris- gaming should be fun!

If you can let stuff like that roll off your back though, there really is a great (and sprawling) group here- really helpful and patient people that like the game.

BreakJohn

Ahh, I'm still level 31, I'll be level 32 tomorrow hopefully.

ah i meant a lv31 hunter can down him in two swords assuming you are using the RTx4 strategy. the only reason the other classes might need to be lv32 is because with more damage they may be able to reach the hunters amazing dps on crota.(thanks to invisibility)

Wallach

2 edgy 4 me

Qwell

Well, I *was* thinking of becoming a more permanent fixture here, since I'm getting into Destiny more now than I did at launch, but considering the post above mine, I'm not so sure if this is the right atmosphere.

(Unless it was sarcasm, which is always a possibility).
You just need to ask yourself one question ... do you enjoy playing Destiny? If the answer is yes, then stick around. I was a bit of a late bloomer, about a month into Destiny I really wasn't feeling it, I thought it was all about RNG, and RNG wasn't on my side. I tried the loot cave stuff and never got jack. Once I started treating it like an MMO I started having a ton of fun. I do my dailies / weeklies. I farm some rep and marks here and there and check the vendors for what kind of gear / weapons I want for my dudes and go work towards those pieces.

I have an MMO disposition though, I love those kinds of games and I love FPS games as well so this is like a match made in heaven. Being limited to only 3 classes helps a lot as I'm a little OCD, so when I played other MMO I always wanted to have a character of every class at max level, and here I only need to worry about 3. It also really helps having the community here on GAF ... whether it is "thriving" or not, I am never wanting for finding a group of people to do things with. That is all that matters to me, I'm able to run the weeklies, dailies, and raids every week and always different people. I don't have a regular raid group, I would say 9/10 times I'm running a raid with people I haven't played with in like 2-3 weeks.

Atkison04

I still need 2 chests from the lamps CE section with my Warlock and Titan. Was only able to solo with Hunter. It's a longshot, but are there people that would like to try to get the 1st chests? Haha or are there guides for soloing them with non-hunters?

Use the lamp explosion trick on the second lamp bro. I used it to get thru solo with all 3 of my alts.

edit: Never mind, you were talking about the chests that spawn randomly.

hydruxo

yK4WK9k.png

Deku Tree

What? Oh ok.

I've never been called an ocd assburger before. ;_;

noomi

Hot damn, after months of grinding bounties for dead orbit rep FINALLY got a shader. The Hanged Man *tear* it's.....it's.... beautiful!

hydruxo

Hot damn, after months of grinding bounties for dead orbit rep FINALLY got a shader. The Hanged Man *tear* it's.....it's.... beautiful!

Ugh I'm like rank 14 with Dead Orbit and not a single shader in sight. Really the only reason I've been trying to rank them up.

1298/4000 on Eris reputation. That's the only thing between me and level 32 :/
I expect to hit level 4 in 7 days, doing the reset bounties which I failed to do today. lol

Do you need to be rep lv 4 to trade shards/energy? If so that's kind of messed up cause by the time most of us hit LV 4 we probably won't need to trade them

Ugh I'm like rank 14 with Dead Orbit and not a single shader in sight. Really the only reason I've been trying to rank them up.

They're way too stingy with those shaders. I've leveled all factions and never gotten a shader from any faction except for vanguard

Shaders are the real exotics in this game lol. I know it's totally RNG but, out of curiosity, what level of Dead Orbit do you have?

GhaleonEB

Please don't let one jackass give you the wrong impression of this community. It's a great group.

patchday

Some of us are a bit bitter (you'll see me rant twice a week)

This is the sort of game you just sometimes tend to question if you play for the right reasons

But hey, no matter what my opinions are about this game it is awesome playing it with GAF.

I do have hope this game (or Destiny 2) will be good if they just change some of the design choices. But that's just my opinion

Well the game is/was good for me I got tons of hours and beyond my money's worth.

[edit] And I still Play. Whine. Play. Just to be clear

noomi

I just hit rank 14 and received my first one, I know people that went 30+ ranks without a single one. I've had my share of crap rewards to... shards and cloaks a'plenty :/

Don't give up it'll come, I'm still after the Bittersteel Shader.

Hey Mik, you know the things that really get to you on occasion about the community atmosphere for GW2?

Please don't let one jackass give you the wrong impression of this community. It's a great group.

I see the person got banned anyway. I was concerned because if that kind of shitposting was acceptable and regular, I get enough of that in other threads already and didn't want to add to the collection. In general I've found GAF game communities to be excellent, but a few tend to shelter some really toxic personalities if only because there isn't a dedicated mod checking the thread. But it seems this one has some kind of guardian angel.

*subs*

EDIT: Just saw this linked on the Bungie blog, probably lttp, but it made me laugh: Sparrow Surfing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmpBN7L46AU

phen0m24

Got a new exotic build for the OP:

One-Man Wolfpack

Requirements

Sublcass: anything
Armor: anything
Primary weapon: anything
Secodary weapon: anything
Heavy Weapon: Gjallarhorn

How to play: pick up heavy ammo, buy heavy ammo synth, and spam gjallarhorn

Effectiveness in teams: very
Effectiveness solo: very

This describes my destiny career - although you left out Arnold Schwarzenegger quotes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
...what the heck is an assburger? On second thought, I don't want to know.

the same bunch of ocd assburgers having neurotic people

translated: the same bunch of obsessive-compulsive, asperger's-having neurotic people keep posting

for all his sins to include absent punctuation, the man wrote a grammatically correct sentence.

Use the lamp explosion trick on the second lamp bro. I used it to get thru solo with all 3 of my alts.

edit: Never mind, you were talking about the chests that spawn randomly.

Yea I solo'd the whole thing with my hunter. That was pretty fun. The other 2 I was able to do with groups.

I see about the chest now, it spawns randomly regardless if you touch any lamps. Need to get that with 2 more characters today. I'm all for radiant shards/energy! Need a ton of them.

Qwell

Some of us are a bit bitter (you'll see me rant twice a week)

This is the sort of game you just sometimes tend to question if you play for the right reasons

But hey, no matter what my opinions are about this game it is awesome playing it with GAF.

I do have hope this game (or Destiny 2) will be good if they just change some of the design choices. But that's just my opinion
Namely.... increase the gal darn vault!!!!!!! again who do I have to pay at Bungie to give me like 50 slots for the vault, I would gladly pay $10 to $20 just for that... please someone at Bungie read this.

Oh and don't touch the finese of the combat, it is sooooo good, that is really what keeps me coming back. The guns and abilities just feel so dang good, not even sure what it is. Love jumping around like a ninja and getting headshots. I sometimes get a kick out of farming just because I like to see how fast and how awesome I can make my kills look, flying around on my speeder bike, launch off it into a grenade at a group followed by a nova blast and then landing and getting 5 headshots with fatebringer that make all the enemies explode.

Namely.... increase the gal darn vault!!!!!!! again who do I have to pay at Bungie to give me like 50 slots for the vault, I would gladly pay $10 to $20 just for that... please someone at Bungie read this.

Oh and don't touch the finese of the combat, it is sooooo good, that is really what keeps me coming back. The guns and abilities just feel so dang good, not even sure what it is. Love jumping around like a ninja and getting headsets. I sometimes get a kick out of farming just because I like to see how fast and how awesome I can make my kills look, flying around on my speeder bike, launch off it into a grenade at a group followed by a nova blast and then landing and getting 5 headshots with fatebringer that make all the enemies explode.

You're having too much fun. This is not good :-/ (confirmed assburger)

If they increase the vault size I will be pissed cause I already dismantled my legendaries

One thing I don't get is why it seems to be a bad thing that there a lot of posts about people looking for groups. I think it's great that the community is always getting together and playing with each other. I mean, I would love to have matching making available for everything, but in a way it's not too bad because I probably wouldn't have played with as many awesome people as I have if I and others didn't have to look for a group.

Pickman

Most of you dudes seem to loiter on Reddit as well, but I figured I'd share this in case you missed it:

Easiest way to get your Husk of the Pit to max.

Load up The Wakening on Normal. Run past all the mobs until you come upon the room with the first Shrieker in it. Stay to the back and off the Shrieker, kill the exploding thralls, and dodge the Shrieker death bombs.

After you do this, stay in the room the Shrieker was in. 6 or 7 exploding thralls will charge you from the next room and then amble in slowly. Use your Husk to mow down one, and they will all pop and count as kills with the Husk.

They will respawn after 6 seconds and just keep coming over and over again. You can park here and shoot the slow walking exploding dudes at your leisure. Took me about 30 minutes to max mine out for Eris. Just don't go past the threshold of the door they come through to your room or they'll stop respawning.

Atkison04

Yea I solo'd the whole thing with my hunter. That was pretty fun. The other 2 I was able to do with groups.

I see about the chest now, it spawns randomly regardless if you touch any lamps. Need to get that with 2 more characters today. I'm all for radiant shards/energy! Need a ton of them.

Agreed bro. I've been watching all of these solo video's and I think I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow at some point. I want to at least get to crota and then form a crew up to take him down at the checkpoint. I just want to knock out the raid after reset before all this upcoming Christmas madness takes over and I can't play as much!

You still rolling with your boy ryctor (sp)? I just looked and he isn't on my friends list anymore :'(

nowai

Playing normal PVP during IB is great, noobs everywhere,

The amount of people I played with this weekend in IB who would consistently cap a third point says other otherwise!

Not sure what it is about IB, but it seems to bring out all the people that have zero map knowledge or how to successfully hold points.

Top Bottom