• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

patchday

It's upgradable to a maximum of 323 attack. All new weapons post-DLC from sources other than the VoG are upgradable to 331 attack.

Bungie wanted to make the vex something special that would be more viable in the upcoming content so it got the attack buff of 323 before the DLC came out. Now that the DLC is out and every weapon drops with 331 attack maximum, we don't know if Xur will ever allow us to upgrade the mythoclast to 331, or if it will rot away eventually like VoG raid weapons.

the vex old and new is max 323 attack. That's the only vex you can get right now.

Ah I see. There are still some goals I have in the old content <rubs hands together>

Bungie did a great job in most other areas I noticed last night. I have all the equipment I need to hit L31.

Looking forward to stomping through VoG Hard mode as a L31. Hard mode sucked for my L29s

Btw, so glad I dont have to farm the world anymore for resources!!! Oh god that alone was such a great change should've launched like this

Oh and I an Ostracized from those sites because a random drop hasn't happened for me. So ive had to get good; damn good without having either of the two best exotics in the game (Ghorn and IB) so I've come to appreciate groups without either of those in it and work with them and talk them through the encounters properly. And guess what? It's doable. Not even really hard. FFS I use Truth on Crota which until this week was a 1.0 version. Every Nightfall i complete it without an IB OR Ghorn in my firetean. But according to the elitist LFG I'm a scrub for it. Oh well.

My opinion? Don't waste your exotic slot on Heavies. Go for a good primary or special and bring something like Hunger of Crota or Hezen Vengeance which are almost as good anyway. I would still take Ice Breaker over Gjallarhorn, personally.

realcZk

Got a new exotic build for the OP:

One-Man Wolfpack

HIdKI6p.jpg

Requirements

Sublcass: anything
Armor: anything
Primary weapon: anything
Secodary weapon: anything
Heavy Weapon: Gjallarhorn

How to play: pick up heavy ammo, buy heavy ammo synth, and spam gjallarhorn

Effectiveness in teams: very
Effectiveness solo: very

I still need 2 chests from the lamps CE section with my Warlock and Titan. Was only able to solo with Hunter. It's a longshot, but are there people that would like to try to get the 1st chests? Haha or are there guides for soloing them with non-hunters?

My opinion? Don't waste your exotic slot on Heavies. Go for a good primary or special and bring something like Hunger of Crota or Hezen Vengeance which are almost as good anyway. I would still take Ice Breaker over Gjallarhorn, personally.

They all have pro's and cons, but overall I think Primary Exotics are the least useful. In most every situation an Exotic special or heavy is a better choice. The Mythoclast is probably the only exception to this. That isn't to say there aren't some good primary exotics, because there are, they are just rarely the best choice.

It was fun playing with you guys,

Grimlock33
Hzoltan69
Silver
Kerash
Daraman
Dark

thank you for improving my sword skills further :)

No no no...thank you. I was banging my head against the Crota wall far too long this week. First with my Titan then with my alt Warlock. Both times you came to the rescue lol. Thank you again.

Were you using the R1 R1 R2 combo? I need to learn the sword and git gud to avoid having the same kind of week again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
monte carlo + claws of ahamkara on warlock is fun, flame shield spam
Hell yeah, that's the evolution of the monte carlo/praxic fire build I was running back before MC was even really viable. Haven't leveled up the Claws yet but looking forward to it.

Monte Carlo and Insurmountable skullfort could honestly be a fun thing in PvP too, storm fist isn't built around frequently but it does a ton of damage.

Does anyone have any tips on what's the most efficient/quickest way to level up an alternate character to level 20? Looks like I'm gonna have some extra time over the Christmas break so I wanted to work on a Titan.

KeRaSh

Grimlock33
Hzoltan69
Silver
Kerash
Daraman
Dark

Thanks for the invite. That was some smooth shit right there.
The helmet, sniper and rocket launcher still elude me but hopefully something comes around tomorrow.

No no no...thank you. I was banging my head against the Crota wall far too long this week. First with my Titan then with my alt Warlock. Both times you came to the rescue lol. Thank you again.

Were you using the R1 R1 R2 combo? I need to learn the sword and git gud to avoid having the same kind of week again.

It was the R1 +R1 +R2 +R2 +R2 +R2 combo, if I time it properly then I can get the last two R2 hits and take him down in 5 kneels.

The helmet, sniper and rocket launcher still elude me but hopefully something comes around tomorrow.

I want the helmet too, don't wanna give up the ruin wings :-\

I still need 2 chests from the lamps CE section with my Warlock and Titan. Was only able to solo with Hunter. It's a longshot, but are there people that would like to try to get the 1st chests? Haha or are there guides for soloing them with non-hunters?
You don't need a guide. Just spawn, walk slightly to the left, find the path, look at the door, if no yellow light above let the thralls kill you, countdown, respawn, try again. You don't need to make it to the second or third doors to find the chest, it's just faster that way (if you can go invisible.)

Anyone still need nf or weekly?

I need 1x nf and 2x weekly. Can run with my 31 Titan and switch out at the end. Would really appreciate a hand before tomorrow. :3

Will be online 8pm gmt.
Psn: astropoff

I still need to finish 1 weekly. I can tag along for at least that 1.

Anyone up for some GK glimmer farming a little later?

So, anyways...THIS MF'ER I quoted.

I love Crash.

He was Iron Bannering with us last night and he pulls Perun's Fire, Hard Light, and No Land Beyond.

Within like 5 matches.

<3 Crash.

giphy.gif

<3

I would have been playing Iron Banner this whole time had I known I'd been bless by the Hand of RNGesus! I mean gawddamn.

You don't need a guide. Just spawn, walk slightly to the left, find the path, look at the door, if no yellow light above let the thralls kill you, countdown, respawn, try again. You don't need to make it to the second or third doors to find the chest, it's just faster that way (if you can go invisible.)

Oh so the chest resets its location each wipe? I didn't know that! Supposedly you have to light the first lamp to get it to reset its location. True?

E92 M3

Got a new exotic build for the OP:

One-Man Wolfpack

Requirements

Sublcass: anything
Armor: anything
Primary weapon: anything
Secodary weapon: anything
Heavy Weapon: Gjallarhorn

How to play: pick up heavy ammo, buy heavy ammo synth, and spam gjallarhorn

Effectiveness in teams: very
Effectiveness solo: very

That made me chuckle.

It was the R1 +R1 +R2 +R2 +R2 +R2 combo, if I time it properly then I can get the last two R2 hits and take him down in 5 kneels.

I want the helmet too, don't wanna give up the ruin wings :-

Ruin wings are awesome. Starting to favor my titan because of them.

Another quick pair of questions. You approach from the rocks on the right side correct? You call for the rockets once you've positioned yourself on the rocks?

They all have pro's and cons, but overall I think Primary Exotics are the least useful. In most every situation an Exotic special or heavy is a better choice. The Mythoclast is probably the only exception to this. That isn't to say there aren't some good primary exotics, because there are, they are just rarely the best choice.

Use whatever you enjoy. Hard light looks, sounds and feels amaZing as does the MIDA Multitool. thats how I used to keep the game fresh for myself. New Weapons.

R0ckman

I tossed together a bit of info about the new build I'm running:

EDIT: I'm seeing on some sources that Bad Juju and Obsidian Mind might not stack properly. Going to test this build with a different weapon and see if there's an appreciable difference once I get home. If I'm incorrect I'll update this again.

The Void Must Flow - Warlock

Exotic Armor: Obsidian Mind
Exotic Weapon: Bad Juju
Subclass: Voidwalker
Necessary Subclass Skills: Nova Bomb - Shatter (hit more), Soul Rip, The Hunger, Embrace the Void
Legendary Complements: Murmur, Hezen Vengeance, any thing that kills stuff quickly, really.
Notes: This build works well for PvE or PvP, if you can make the Bad Juju work for you in PvP. Obsidian Mind has an effect of decreasing the cooldown of your next Nova Bomb any time you use Nova Bomb, and the Bad Juju will increase gains toward your super from kills. The Soul Rip ability makes Energy Drain reduce the cooldown of your Nova Bomb additionally, Hunger increases the duration of your Energy Drain, and Embrace the Void makes your Nova Bomb and grenade trigger Energy Drain as well. Energy Drain normally decreases the cooldown of your grenade, but now it's going to impact your Nova Bomb as well.

Because of the stacking effect of Nova Bomb cooldown reduction and increased super energy generation with Bad Juju, you can get a new Super insanely fast. I was testing this in The Exclusion Zone, and I was able to pop off a super every 8 to 10 enemy kills with Bad Juju.

Interesting, but in pvp, particularly control, the matches are super fests so much already, I doubt the opposite team will be able to notice you being able to go in and bomb over and over. Is this a DB helmet?

Grimlock33
Hzoltan69
Silver
Kerash
Daraman
Dark

Same. Sorry for beeing micless this time. I'll make sure my girl brings it back tonight.

Thats why we should be able to do some trades in this game.

Got the RL 3 times already.

That made me chuckle.

It's true tho.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Interesting, but in pvp, particularly control, the matches are super fests so much already, I doubt the opposite team will be able to notice you being able to go in and bomb over and over. Is this a DB helmet?
Hahaha who cares if they notice as long as they lose? ;) Yeah, Obsidian Mind is Dark Below.

Ruin wings are awesome. Starting to favor my titan because of them.

Another quick pair of questions. You approach from the rocks on the right side correct? You call for the rockets once you've positioned yourself on the rocks?

It depends on the reaction time of the group, sometime it's when I'm positioned other times its when I'm running to it.

For the first crota kill I called it out while jumping to the rocks, for the second crota kill I had to call it out while running towards the rocks just before jumping.

The R2 x 4 combo can take him down in four. Don't know why that would take longer.

Really!? Awesome I'll try that out next time, might be able to take him down in two swords then :-D

Did anyone save any of those posts talking about how the player base was going to collapse after this or that event happened?

It kinda has though, this thread is still going strong because the same bunch of ocd assburgers having neurotic people keep posting semi inane shit about random number generators or LFGing. Everytime a Destiny thread shows up gaming side it's filled with page after page of people who know better than to run this treadmill and chime in to say they quit ages ago. 99% of the people I was raiding with at launch have quit this game and have moved on to greener pastures. So I wouldn't say the community is thriving, it's sort of self sustaining in the way tiny insular mod communities are but it's definitely not expanding and will peter out eventually.

Well, I *was* thinking of becoming a more permanent fixture here, since I'm getting into Destiny more now than I did at launch, but considering the post above mine, I'm not so sure if this is the right atmosphere.

(Unless it was sarcasm, which is always a possibility).

EDIT: Nevermind, I see he got banned.

Qwell

Would anyone be up for a quick Hard VoG tonight? I love that raid and wouldn't mind a chance at a 3rd Fatebringer + possible exotic from Atheon himself. Let's say 5:30pm Pacific .... hopefully I won't be late because my commute sucks. PS4 of course

1. Qwell

BreakJohn

Really!? Awesome I'll try that out next time, might be able to take him down in two swords then :-D

yea its possible to take him down in two swords before he even spawns the ogres, ive done it on my hunter(pretty sure only the hunter can take him down in two swords) though im not sure if lv32 titans and warlocks can also down him in two or not.

yea its possible to take him down in two swords before he even spawns the ogres, ive done it on my hunter(pretty sure only the hunter can take him down in two swords) though im not sure if lv32 titans and warlocks can also down him in two or not.

Ahh, I'm still level 31, I'll be level 32 tomorrow hopefully.

Well, I *was* thinking of becoming a more permanent fixture here, since I'm getting into Destiny more now than I did at launch, but considering the post above mine, I'm not so sure if this is the right atmosphere.

*Gives warm blanket and hot coco* It's okay, you're safe here.

Top Bottom