• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

SnakeEyes

Banned
Also when the fuck did matchmaking start this new, if you finished a round with a team and are about to start a new round with them, you get removed from that team and get placed into a random game where the score doesn't favor you at all

It has happened to me 4 times now
I get 2 wins and thrown into a match where the team is losing by 5,000 points
I was with a team already who was getting ready to go to the next map, why boot me and place in a started match?

It's so fucking confusing, hey yeah we didn't like you staying with the same people, here go into a match 75%-90% done!
The update right before The Dark Below dropped, I'm pretty sure it was in the patch notes.

Fresh hard VoG run (will probs start at oracles) at 2pm GMT (roughly in an hour)

1. Me
2. Astropoff
3. Gibbshift
4. Nomi208

My bad Gibb, I misread your name on your earlier post haha

Greenymac

Anyone looking to team up and farm some glimmer in 45 mins or so? Ive got a gatekeeper checkpoint and the farming is much faster with a group.

Quick early morning thank you's to all of the awesome gaffers that were on last night.

- The Durden for chatting with me while I finished up some chores in the Cosmodrome.
- Cosmos, GraveRobber, Arkk, and a couple of guys that I've never played with before, for downing Atheon 3 times in a row in a short amount of time (would have been faster if not for insane amounts of lag).
- Harlan and Sandbox for a hectic but effective Nightfall run. That void spalsh damage is crazy when it's late at night and you're trying to rush it.
- Deafmedal for hooking me up with/sticking around for me to cycle three toons through the HM Gorgon chest.

All I have left to do are two Crota fights and a Weekly. If those go fast, I may be able to grind some bounties and actually level up some gear.

BTW... 0 Battlehorns. I did get my third Vex and fourth Truth (1.0), both go into the vault and will most likely get sharded if I run out of room again.

3998/4000 for Rank 4 of Eris :|
Ouch.

I can't wait to be done with Eris myself. These bounties feel so tedious, though most days they aren't. Maybe it's because all I can think about is being able to transmute my energies into shards. That time can't come soon enough.

Fresh hard VoG run (will probs start at oracles) at 2pm GMT (roughly in an hour)

1. Me
2. Astropoff
3. Gibbshift
4. Nomi208

My bad Gibb, I misread your name on your earlier post haha
That should be right around now. Do you still need people for the run? If so, hit me up. DJ_Lushious on PSN.

Nope, posted that about 15 mins ago and there is still 50 mins before we start if you're still up for it.

1. Me
2. Astropoff
3. Gibbshift
4. Nomi
5. Vilam
6. Dj Lushious?
Ah, yes, my GMT math conversion was not of Asian level. Ha! I am game, actually. This gives me time to have breakfast. Count me in!

lol, I saw that too. It's a complement, right?

haha yeah even tho its a more "positive" stereotypes and its meant in a humor/joking way, deep down I tend to dislike stereotypes overall. Welp I guess I cant say much since I do fall in alot of Asian Stereotypes :/
edit:
Absolutely! Math and Street Fighter: two things Asian people are genetically awesome at. :D

(It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I didn't mean any offense, so apologies if any were taken.)
haha yeah I know just giving you a hard time. BTW I am actually bad at street fighter, but got pretty good at mortal kombat :p

Greenymac

Absolutely! Math and Street Fighter: two things Asian people are genetically awesome at. :D

(It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I didn't mean any offense, so apologies if any were taken.)

All you racists need to start reparations by farming glimmer at the gatekeepers plantation...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I can get to 32 with my Titan but with Inmost light. I'd rather go Ruin Wings so I still need the raid helmet for my Titan.

Ruin Wings + Horn + being able to hold 7 heavy ammo + precision kills create orbs + weapons of light + creating orbs from enemy fire = overkill

All you racists need to start reparations by farming glimmer at the gatekeepers plantation...
On it! Though any and all reparations paid in atonement cannot exceed 25,000 glimmer.

Since we're on the topic, what kind of racial tensions do you think exists in the world of Destiny? I think the Awoken get the most grief. I mean, they're all emo and they've come from the farthest reaches of space. Plus, they're the same color as smurfs. Those aren't a lot of qualities they have going for them...

(Seriously, I'm feeling a bit embarrassed by my comment.)

Greenymac

On it! Though any and all reparations paid in atonement cannot exceed 25,000 glimmer.

Since we're on the topic, what kind of racial tensions do you think exists in the world of Destiny? I think the Awoken get the most grief. I mean, they're all emo and they've come from the farthest reaches of space. Plus, they're the same color as smurfs. Those aren't a lot of qualities they have going for them...

(Seriously, I'm feeling a bit embarrassed by my comment.)

The Awoken get grief cause theyre assholes, not cause they're blue!!! Everyone loved the blue people in Avatar, and look at the smurfs. You can be blue, but you can't be blue and also be an asshole...

Greenymac

Guys, I can't seem to find you on PSN. Apparently finding usernames isn't working.... Mine is same as here if you wanna try. The plan is to start in about 20 minutes

Try a couple times, it wasnt searching for me, but then started working. Also can we just call The Gatekeeper farming checkpoint, "The Plantation"?

The Awoken get grief cause theyre assholes, not cause they're blue!!! Everyone loved the blue people in Avatar, and look at the smurfs. You can be blue, but you can't be blue and also be an asshole...
LOL, that is a very valid point.
Guys, I can't seem to find you on PSN. Apparently finding usernames isn't working.... Mine is same as here if you wanna try. The plan is to start in about 20 minutes
Friend request sent.

Ji66a-Man

Got all my X1 Eris, PvE, and Dailies done. Shifting to PS4 to look for people to do 2 Nightfalls, except I don't have any good Void weapons.

PSN: Ji66a_Man

Feorax

PSN isn't letting me find anyone, so I'm going to start running the nightfall myself.

I've set the fireteam to open, so if anyone wants to jump in they can. No mic required.

PSN: MattIgoe if anyone has better luck searching.

shem935

Banned
Anyone want to join in on glimmer farming? Greeny and I are gonna run but more are always welcome. Shem0275.

Edit: Also Greenymac I just saw your edit for 30-40 minutes. Will probably only be able to be on for another 30minutes so I might need to leave early.

Namikaze1

Except that now you will have your down button in your inventory always shimmering like there is something new but there isn't. That emblem is bugged.
Strange. It's not shimmering for me.
That shader is the one thing I want. If you're 32 too you're going to look like such a badass.
already bought it. It's the reason why I even wanted to get to rank 4 in the first place.

Top Bottom