• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Temidien

Neo Member
Finally got my Warlock to 29 (so much glimmer farming...), anyone running Nightfall/Weekly or wouldn't mind my tagging along for CE? Very experienced with everything, weapons maxed, etc.

PSN: Temidien

Blah sucks how 2 blueberries can mess up an entire match of control T_T btw for exotics 1.0 drops in the VoG, is it better to do normal then hard? Or just hard straight up.

Edit:
heh, we all must prepare for hard mode. I'm almost certain that there will have to be multiple sword bearers.
I just can't get the timing down when to jump up there T_T

Playing rumble to try to get better at PVP and to have enough crucible points to buy the nice rocket launcher. Hoping an exotic drop for me also. . sigh.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry to everyone who shot me invites when I just logged on! Just looking to do a quick Nightfall and weekly before I head out for some errands. Later on tonight I'll be up for just about anything.

edit: What's your PSN Shalashaska?

Blah sucks how 2 blueberries can mess up an entire match of control T_T btw for exotics 1.0 drops in the VoG, is it better to do normal then hard? Or just hard straight up.

Edit:

I think exotics only come from the gorgon chest and Atheon on hard?

I got Thunderlord from Atheon last night and there were at least 3 other exotics given out to other players. No issues there.

ocean

Banned

Edit:
I did a Hard VoG a few days back where I got 2x Fatebringers, Truth (Chest), MIDA Multitool (Atheon) along with ascendant materials and a Helm.

Hard VoG delivers.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think exotics only come from the gorgon chest and Atheon on hard?

I got Thunderlord from Atheon last night and there were at least 3 other exotics given out to other players. No issues there.
there is some theorizing that when you kill atheon on hard, you could get for example two hard-mode only rolls taking up a slot when one could have been an exotic (i.e. two helms).

of course if you're going for the vex it's all moot

ocean

Banned
We'll never find out, because in CE HM, the Deathsinger countdown will be cut in half.
Bungie on Hard Mode:

Crota checkpoint is a bug. The Crota checkpoint was always intended to begin at Deathsinger which is why it has no loot drop.

/player base commits suicide.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just to ensure everyone gets how Normal/Hard raid loot (or VoG at least) works:

If you do normal for the week, you get one loot roll per spot (4 times over the course of the raid)
If you then do hard, you get a second loot roll per spot, this time against the hard loot table (Fatebringer on Templar, Vex on Atheon, and so forth)

If you do just hard for the week, you get two rolls at the same time at each spot, and it "counts" as your normal run for the week, but both are against the hard loot table. So you could easily get two Fatebringers or whatever at the same time, meaning that if you're looking for something that can drop in Normal it may be (slightly) worth it to run normal first.

there is some theorizing that when you kill atheon on hard, you could get for example two hard-mode only rolls taking up a slot when one could have been an exotic (i.e. two helms).

of course if you're going for the vex it's all moot

This is true. I guess best case is to do normal and hard. Normal first.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Gave a level 3 random Crota's sword and instead of attacking the enemies he ran away from them. Funniest thing I seen today.

Top Bottom