• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Gave a level 3 random Crota's sword and instead of attacking the enemies he ran away from them. Funniest thing I seen today.

Yep done this before, I let a lvl8 take the sword and try to kill those 3 Hive majors on Earth. In addition, I watch as he tried to kill them :p

It took Steroyd ~50 HM clears, hopefully you will get it soon. Like always I am down to run VoG HM after the reset..still hunting that elusive Hawkmoon..

Yep done this before, I let a lvl8 take the sword and try to kill those 3 Hive majors on Earth. In addition, I watch as he tried to kill them :p

It took Steroyd ~50 HM clears, hopefully you will get it soon. Like always I am down to run VoG HM after the reset..still hunting that elusive Hawkmoon..

Thanks Rawr!

Damn 50 eh? I should have started my 2nd and 3rd characters sooner

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Is there a way to check when you got what at when?

I know the very first Nightfall I did and someone carried me, I got Thunderlord. And the very first raid I did I, with Neo who doesn't seem to play anymore, I got the Horn.

3Yt7Skt.jpg

Finally :)

GhaleonEB

The current (well, for US subscribers) issue of Edge features a column that points out something in Destiny I now realize I got acclimated to very quickly: the community is pretty great.

The column is about how awful online interactions can be - rage quitting, rage mail, trolling, etc. Then he turns to Destiny:

And then there was Destiny. I rolled my eyes when a Bungie dev at a preview event described how I'd be struggling against a tough foe and would be saved by other players coming over the hill with rocket launchers. I thought it more likely they'd hang back, wait for me to die, then stroll in to mop up and take the spoils for themselves. Imagine my surprise, then, that this has the friendliest online playerbase a big console game has had in years.

In Destiny, I chat cordially with players I've never met. I am revived in boss fights by players many levels higher than me whose time I am clearly wasting. A few nights ago, out patrolling the moon, I saw another player running along a high ledge towards a loot chest. Destiny's chests spawn randomly, and disappear a few seconds after the first opened, though they dish out loot to all-comers in that period. This unknown Guardian saw me, waved, opined back down the way to show how he got up onto the ledge, then waited for me to join him before he opened the chest. I was stunned. Even PvP seems to be fine, perhaps because you can't really complain about anything in such a deliciously broken multiplayer mode. Ragemail, headset abuse, griefing: all have become accepted standards in online games, and particularly in online shooters. In Destiny, the first major online game of the generation, there's none o fit.​

This has been my experience as well. The game is remarkably devoid of jerks. The worst I've seen are people dashing through strikes faster than I'd like, but that's pretty low on the griefing scale. Reviving, and getting revived, by randoms is a good feeling, and happens often. Celebrations after public events are cathartic.

I had a moment this morning (I finally got on, woo!) similar to what the article described. I was in the Cosmodrome and saw a chest up on a ledge. My hunter leaped up to it easily, but right before I opened it I saw a level 2 player jumping up and down at the foot of the ledge. He couldn't clear it yet. I thought perhaps he was a new player, who got the game for Christmas, and could only just get online today. This might be his first play session.

I hopped down, ran up the stairs to the right, and walked along the narrow ledge to the chest. I turned to see he'd followed, and opened it. I then grabbed my share. Felt great, and I hope it was a good greeting to the Destiny player base for them.

Back in the Halo days the OT's were often filled with pics and recordings of rage mail, but I only just now realized, that's not the case with Destiny threads. It's really nice to see a much more helpful, friendly atmosphere in the game. I think that has a lot to do with why I enjoy Destiny - I just didn't fully realize it.

Playing ROC
>Omnigul strike
>Everybody is gone
wth.gif

I love that strike. Just not the boss fight - it's too cramped.

X-Frame

If anyone is looking to kill Crota, let me know. I have a checkpoint.

Alternatively, I'd be open to starting from the beginning on an alt, both 31.

ocean

Banned
I probably haven't gotten the Fatebringer yet because I've been doing hard all the time and not normal =/
It's hard mode only. I got two last time I ran VoG so hang tight. It's still my favorite gun in the game. True shame it doesn't go up to 331, it's be perfect.

I'm finally making a 2nd character. Probably the last person in the world to do this

The worst part so far? Unskippable cutscenes. ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZzzz

Level 26 Warlock looking to run VoG for the first time. Would love to experience it.

PSN: Kill_Deaf_Radio

Talk to Hawkian, he does the OT so check the first post out. I know he does new players raid every Thursday (?). I wouldnt mind running a new players raid as well if his new players raid is full.

Top Bottom